Old 07-26-2006, 06:18 PM   #826  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Lea Ann, I have a star-spangled Peace Frog t-shirt that I've had for years (one of my favs) and now it hangs like a sack on me. I may start using it for a nightshirt, and order me a new one from the website - that's what I was doing on there today, looking to see if it was still available. It is - yay!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 07:02 PM   #827  

Britt-
You know, at WW you can have unlimited green veggies--so if I am still hungry after being POP I eat veggies, it can't be that bad!
stacyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 07:08 PM   #828  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Well, I had WI today. Down 1 lb. I will take it! Considering TOM, and I know that I'm retaining water. My rings are tight on me!

Cassi - I hope you are feeling better soon!! Sorry about your pushy salespeople at your COD! In the meantime, until you are done with your meds and feeling better, do what's right for your body, even if it means NOT moving to purple just yet!

Britt - When you're hungry later in the evening, if you used all your allowed food, it wouldn't hurt anything to have extra veggies. Did you know that they changed the portion sizes on some of them? A couple that were changed for me is: 3 cups lettuce = 1 veggie; 3 stalks celery = 1 veggie.

Evette - I'm not sure how you feel about veggies, but you could eat a whole cucumber, and that counts as 3 servings. Nice & light for the summer!

Katie - with TO. Fruit juice alone should help things moving along for you!
I am sorry to hear you are having a tough time with your inlaws. What would I do? I'm not even sure. to you! Maybe follow behind in your own car, make an appearance, and see how things go. If the drama gets to be too much, quietly leave, and DH should be understanding that at least you have tried (again) to appeas his family. I hope things work out for you!!
I also agree with Cassi. Especially about agreeing on an arrival & departing time, and the departure time can always be changed to later if all is well.

Lea Ann - Your success may not be showing on the scale because of all your exercise. I'm sure you're getting toned up over there, and sometimes numbers shouldn't matter. Go by how you look and feel!! If you need reassurance, take a window shopping trip just to try on clothes, and I'm sure you will see the difference then...

Lindsey - Congrats on your loss!! Is your COD by appointment or do you walk in? Next time before WI, I would call ahead to see if another counselor is in, and could be available to take you. YOU are paying that center, and they are supposed to be there to support us and encourage us!! Try talking to the manager, and if that doesn't work, call the corporate office. In your center, there should be a phone number for the regional district manager as well.
I am curious about something though -- is the center you go to a franchise?

Lori - Frog Wild ... My DD LOVES frogs!!

to everybody else!!! Hope everyone had a great POP day today!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 07:12 PM   #829  

Question for anybody -- At COD today, they asked me if I needed lites, told them I was almost out, but not in a position to buy any right now.
Can someone please tell me what else (food wise) I'm supposed to be adding in place of the lites?
Old 07-26-2006, 07:16 PM   #830  
On stabilization

Sherry - I love "dumb, ugly frogs" and have quite a collection of them going - everything from windsocks to garden art.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:18 PM   #831  
On stabilization

Sherry - we must be posting at the same time! When I stopped doing the lites at the center, they bumped me from purple back up to red - a difference of 1S and 1/2P. So, I would say that 2 lites=1S, 1/2P

Can you try Luna Bars, or another alternative?
Old 07-26-2006, 07:22 PM   #832  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Lori--I have the retro one with the swirly rainbow colors--love it!! Definitely sounds like it''s time to retire yours and get a new one--you deserve it . I think I will order the flag one, too. My mom will try to fight me for it--but i want the pink ribbon one for her. I just saw the sticker so surely I can get the T online, too. They are all too cool. Never have seen them here so I get a lot of comments. DH says he looks like he's grabbing himself (the frog -not DH--haha). I wish they had a catalog--some of the pictures are hard to make out on the computer.

Sherry--congrats on the pound!! You are right--I'm actually gonna go put on my Lucky's to remind myself how good I look--HAHA!! I just binged on watermelon and will have to roll myself to my closet!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 07:23 PM   #833  

Lori - When I told the girl at the center that I was almost out, it's like it didn't even phase her. By next WI, I will be completely out.

yea, I probably could try the Lunas, if they have them at SuperWalmart, reasonably priced. I'll have to check tomorrow when I'm out running around again. I just bought another pack of Slim Fast Optima.

Thanks!!
Old 07-26-2006, 07:23 PM   #834  

Lea Ann - I wish my binges were as healthy as yours! LOL
Old 07-26-2006, 07:27 PM   #835  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Oh--I have my faults!! I need to eat my supper before I eat something I shouldn't! I also like the Kashi Go Lean Crunchies, they usually run about .96 cents--better than the lites.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:20 PM   #836  

Honestly, I have no idea if the center is a franchise...I wish I knew the blasted counselor's name!
Maybe she was having a rotten day...she just seems so fake, you know?
Anyway, thanks for all the positive vibes ladies, I've been POP today!!
*happy dance*

Moving all my stuff to Greenville Friday...I miss Chapel Hill already.
But tomorrow is my birthday and one of my coworkers from last year sent me a message from England (he's doing study abroad) at 12:34am there, so it was "officially" my birthday. So sweet!
It's going to be a good day, I know it!
LindseyLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:57 PM   #837  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi all, so, after me and DH being mad all day at each other over this stupid birthday thing, we have decided to stick with plan A, visit them earlier in the day, and not let them manipulate us. Works for me. TO is going great, tummy still upset, but things should be a lot better tomorrow. I went to Albertsons to buy mroe fresh squeezed OJ, and they had fresh squeezed tangarine juice. Same calories and everything. I bought it, and dang is it good!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 08:35 AM   #838  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by klkoppes
evette-That is what I have to do as well. For some reason I am now allergic to soy, when I first started I was fine.

I am on Gold without Lites???!. When I started LAWL in the center they called it purple w/o lites increasing the protien 2oz. and 1 veg serving a day will counteract the loss of calories from the bars.

I now do it on my own as I have completed the process once. I am not sure if it has changed or not in the past year.

Hope that helps
Krystal
Thanks for your help, Krystal. I didn't know if it was Gold w/out Lites, but Purple w/o lites makes sense and is exactly what I'm doing. Thank you again.

Sherry: Thanks for the cucumber suggestion. I love cucumbers and will have to add that to my list of things to buy. Thank you!!
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:32 AM   #839  

Good Morning Everybody!

Katie - glad you and DH worked things out. I hope he realizes that he has to live with you, and not his brother anymore! So of course, your say & opinion should rank higher.
I know how frustrating it is to be around people that are talking about you. For the longest time, my DH brother hated me, and wouldn't even talk to me, but talked about me. Now, we get along. He got over it, and realized that I wasn't going anywhere, and that my DH is happy. So at least we can all get together and do things now, but it took some time!

Evette - glad I could help. I love cucumbers. Good way to get in 3 veggies at once, and Morton Lite salt. I also, now and then, get in the mood for cut up green peppers. But another alternative to veggies is low sodium V-8. I wouldn't have that too often though because of the sodium.

Not much going on today. It's early, but so far I'm POP. That's an accomplishment, because there is a tray of brownies sitting on my stove that DD made last night. [Step away from the kitchen ...]

to any newbies I may have missed along the line.

and : to all those who have WI today

Hope everyone has a great POP day!
Old 07-27-2006, 10:28 AM   #840  
Princess Heather

good morning all!

It's a busy day around here. i am taking care of that sweet little girl again due to an emergency situation with the other foster mom. And then we got a call yesterday about another little boy. So he's moving in tomorrow. So I'm taking down bunk beds to put up another crib. So after noon tomorrow we will have a 19 month old, an 8 month old and a 5 month old....whooo hooo..and that folks will be a full house!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote