Old 07-13-2006, 06:38 PM   #406  
Katie

Height: 5'1

ICE for Debbie, STAT!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:13 PM   #407  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Debbie - Good luck with the Firm tapes - which ones did you get? Personally, I think Firm tapes are great and you will see results in just a couple weeks if you stick with it. Maybe Neal will share his Wrangers with ya! I have some really old Firm tapes (the girls are wearing knee warms and leotards!), but the exercises kick some butt!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:42 PM   #408  

Has anyone ever heard of yogabootyballet? I have a friend who uses those tapes and loves it. I haven't tried it yet.
leahv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:13 PM   #409  

Hey all,

Just a quick hello before I gotta clean like a mad woman.

I have made a switch up for myself this week- I actually went back to WW, but am combining the two plans. I may go to my COD here at some point, but I feel like I need a new way of doing things to get me back in the mode. I probably will still post here because I know you all and I'm semi-LAWL, just counting points instead of exchanges, but still only eating LAWL OP foods. It seems to be working - I'm down 2.9 since Sunday, so I'll take it!

Have a great night, ladies. I guess you east coasters are almost in bed. It used to boggle my mind that there was so much posting after I'd log off for the night...now I see why!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:17 PM   #410  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Christie--you better stay with us--I don't care what plan you're on or even if you're on one at all--we would miss you terribly if you left. I think trying something new is sometimes just what our bodies need to rev up the metabolism--we all have different tricks so if you find one that works then good for you!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:46 PM   #411  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Minime-It's called the transFIRMer series. It came with the 2 plastic steps that can be set different ways and weights. The DVD's that go with it are Supercharged sculpting, Aerobic body shaping & Ultimate calorie blaster, then I got a free DVD of jiggle free abs. I did the supercharged sculpting yesterday and I will do aerobic body shaping tomorrow.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:58 AM   #412  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Another paper I got from my COD. Thought I would share again:

LAWL Nutrition

VACATIONS & RESTAURANT EATING

During vacations, people are more likely than ever to eat out at different restaurants. We will give you tips and suggestions to make restaurant eating an experience that will fit easily into your healthy lifestyle, but it's up to you to apply them. Whether you're eating out at the local cafe, or visiting an exotic restaurant, these tips will help keep you on track wherever and whenever you eat out.

Plan Ahead -- If you're going out to eat for a meal, try eating lighter foods such as fruits, salads, and yogurt earlier in the day.

Be Choosy -- Research restaurants online, or read reviews in your local paper to get an idea of the menu items. Upon arriving at the restaurant, ask to see the menu before sitting down to make sure that there are not only healthy options, but also foods you know you'll enjoy!

Pick Low-Fat Options -- The method in which a food is cooked affects the nutrient content of the meal. Grilled, broiled, stir-fried, braised, poached, roasted, steamed and baked are usually the best options to choose from. Watch out for words like fried, crispy, tempura, battered, breaded and crunchy.

Can I have that on the side? -- By ordering sauces and dressings on the side you are able to control the total calories and fat you are eating. Try dipping your fork into your side sauce or dressing, before placing your food on your fork. This is an easy trick to even further control the amount of sauce or dressing you are eating, without missing out on any of the taste!

Remember Portion Sizes -- Restaurants tend to double, or even triple the recommended portions for a healthy meal. Simple ways to ensure that you are not eating too much include sharing entrees, asking for an extra plate to place extra food on or asking for a box to wrap up the leftovers.

Don't forget your water -- Save calories by sticking with our recommended beverage, water. If you want to enjoy a different beverage, order that in addition to your water.

HIGHLIGHTS
What methods have you utilized to ensure that you are following your healthy eating lifestyle when dining out?

Chew on this ...
Don't sabotage your weight loss efforts by throwing your goals out the window when dining out. You can still indulge at your favorite restaurant if you do it smartly!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 08:34 AM   #413  
Princess Heather

Debbie:
That 21 day boost sounds like a good plan. I did okay on the six week challenge....but always lost it in the middle....so maybe 21 days would work better for me. When should we start?

Our lives have been turned upside down here with some things....sadly, I've done what I always do and turned to food. But even with that setback I am not giving up. I guess as long as I keep starting over I never really fail!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 08:44 AM   #414  
1dayatatime(on LAWL)

S/C/G: 262/182/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiesta
Hey all,

Just a quick hello before I gotta clean like a mad woman.

I have made a switch up for myself this week- I actually went back to WW, but am combining the two plans. I may go to my COD here at some point, but I feel like I need a new way of doing things to get me back in the mode. I probably will still post here because I know you all and I'm semi-LAWL, just counting points instead of exchanges, but still only eating LAWL OP foods. It seems to be working - I'm down 2.9 since Sunday, so I'll take it!

Have a great night, ladies. I guess you east coasters are almost in bed. It used to boggle my mind that there was so much posting after I'd log off for the night...now I see why!

Hey, I am doing the same thing.It is working great for me too. I even went so far as to call LAWL and tell them I wanted to put my weeks on hold intill further notice(just because I want to do maintenance with them and get all my maintennace materials so if I ever want to do LAWL and not pay for it again).They was only going to do it till the end of July and I said No, I didnt know when I would be ready to get back on LAWL. They kept saying till the end of July till I said well then I want my money back for the weeks I havent used. THEN she changed her tune....she said, well, just CALL us at the end of july and let us know how your doing and then if your not ready we will wait till the end of august. I think its so funny how they act in my COD now!!!Very rude people!!!

HELLO to everyone!!!! Hope everyone is doing well!!!!
angelica1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 08:57 AM   #415  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

Good morning my ladies! I haven't been feeling very well the last couple of days. My sinuses have been playing havoc on my head and I just haven't been hungry, almost kinda sick at the sight of food. So I've been way under my food intake wed and thurs. I'm going to try to eat today. I hate that, it has nothing to do with cheating or sucking at keeping onprogram, but when your body refuses to do it...Oh well. I'm feeling better today, still a bit of a headache.

I read through everyones posts the last two days and I think you're all great. Sorry no personals, maybe later though! Have a good day everyone, do great things!
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:07 AM   #416  
on LAWL

Sherry--thanks for the restuarant guide--since I probably won't get if from my COD. Lots of useful tips. Now--just making those "good choices" --gosh I I hate that phrase right now and I've used it forever with my kids/students!! Now I know whwy they hate--sometimes the "good choices" are just no fun!!

Princess Heather (love that)--hope things turn around for you. I really admire all you do with your kiddos.

Angelica--good to see you. Glad you got your COD to see your way of thinking--gotta be tough with them. How quickly they forget who is actually driving this train!

Sommer--feel better. Just do the best you can but get something in your body so it can get well. Maybe you can do V-8 or juice to get in some of your stuff, and I always like scrambled eggs when I'm puny (throw on some Tabasco and your sinuses may clear!) Take care of you right now.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:08 AM   #417  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphn545
Another paper I got from my COD. Thought I would share again:

LAWL Nutrition

VACATIONS & RESTAURANT EATING

During vacations, people are more likely than ever to eat out at different restaurants. We will give you tips and suggestions to make restaurant eating an experience that will fit easily into your healthy lifestyle, but it's up to you to apply them. Whether you're eating out at the local cafe, or visiting an exotic restaurant, these tips will help keep you on track wherever and whenever you eat out.

Plan Ahead -- If you're going out to eat for a meal, try eating lighter foods such as fruits, salads, and yogurt earlier in the day.

Be Choosy -- Research restaurants online, or read reviews in your local paper to get an idea of the menu items. Upon arriving at the restaurant, ask to see the menu before sitting down to make sure that there are not only healthy options, but also foods you know you'll enjoy!

Pick Low-Fat Options -- The method in which a food is cooked affects the nutrient content of the meal. Grilled, broiled, stir-fried, braised, poached, roasted, steamed and baked are usually the best options to choose from. Watch out for words like fried, crispy, tempura, battered, breaded and crunchy.

Can I have that on the side? -- By ordering sauces and dressings on the side you are able to control the total calories and fat you are eating. Try dipping your fork into your side sauce or dressing, before placing your food on your fork. This is an easy trick to even further control the amount of sauce or dressing you are eating, without missing out on any of the taste!

Remember Portion Sizes -- Restaurants tend to double, or even triple the recommended portions for a healthy meal. Simple ways to ensure that you are not eating too much include sharing entrees, asking for an extra plate to place extra food on or asking for a box to wrap up the leftovers.

Don't forget your water -- Save calories by sticking with our recommended beverage, water. If you want to enjoy a different beverage, order that in addition to your water.

HIGHLIGHTS
What methods have you utilized to ensure that you are following your healthy eating lifestyle when dining out?

Chew on this ...
Don't sabotage your weight loss efforts by throwing your goals out the window when dining out. You can still indulge at your favorite restaurant if you do it smartly!
Sherry Marie: Thank you so much for sharing this! I'm leaving for Vegas tonight to stay for 3 days and was really stressing out because I didn't know what I was going to eat. These are great guidelines. I'm gonna bring my bars, have something grilled, eat my salads, make sure they have balsamic vinegar, etc, etc. I'm actually starting to get excited.

To the rest of the gals: Good Morning! I just want to say that I'm going to miss you all when I leave. Like HeatherPP, I'll be returning on Tuesday. So, until then.....wish me luck! (eating and winning)

Katie: I love Nickelback also. I hope you pursuaded that DH of yours.
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:12 AM   #418  
on LAWL

Evette--have a great trip!!! I used to live about 1.5 hours out of Vegas--so much to see and do. You sound so prepared--WTG. Good luck playing and eating.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:25 AM   #419  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Morning everyone

HeatherCP i believe Juliemarie is joining me for 21 day boost starting with TO mon & tue.

Juliemarie we still on??

Sommer i hope you are feeling better.

Evette have fun in Vegas!!! Wishing you lots of luck!

Sherry Marie thank you for posting all of that. I'm actually going out to dinner tonight and that was very helpful.

Everyone else have a great day!!
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:57 AM   #420  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning all! Good luck, and have fun all of you weekend travelers! I am sooo tired this morning. I had to help DH at his shop again last night. We have done 4 truck beds this week. That is a ton of hard work and late nights. Today has got to be a couch day for me. I am running myself down, and the fibromyalgia is really flaring up. Anyway, enough of my pity party, I just need more rest.

Sherry- What a great COD you have!

Angelica- So good to see you.

Lea Ann- Got a laugh out of the "Good Choices" comment. I ask kids 300 times a day if they are making a good choice, if that was a good choice, what could have been a better choice, etc.

HeatherCP- Big hugs coming your way!

Christie- Whatever works, but you had better not be going anywhere, we love having you around here.

Sommer- Get feeling better!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote