Old 04-19-2006, 07:27 PM   #1186  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Lisa--I think that's great--my kids are the biggest diet police ever--good for me though!! They monitor EVERYTHING, but what I like most is now they are monitoring themselves and are choosing healthier on their own. We still have a little junk food--even though I want them to learn good habits I feel they are still kids! It's only aggravating when all the healthy stuff is gone and only junk to tempt me! I have learned to stock up.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:54 PM   #1187  

Lori---
I just read your thread and wanted to say that if I were you, I would talk to the manager also. I did this a week back and it helped a lot. I was VERY NICE but explained the issues I have with not checking my blood pressure, not measuring me EVER, me staying on plan, and they want me to buy more weeks!!! HELLO!! This was a lot of money and I owe it to myself to see it through without stress!!
THANK GOD I FOUND THIS BOARD!
stacyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:45 PM   #1188  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Lisa, you can do pancakes on carb cravers if you run into that situation again. I love "breakfast suppers" and could actually do without the carbs if I could just have sausage AND eggs. I am going to try the turkey sausage recipe in the lawl cookbook soon. I'll post how it turns out...I am NOT hopeful
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:08 PM   #1189  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairy Fairy
Lisa, you can do pancakes on carb cravers if you run into that situation again. I love "breakfast suppers" and could actually do without the carbs if I could just have sausage AND eggs. I am going to try the turkey sausage recipe in the lawl cookbook soon. I'll post how it turns out...I am NOT hopeful
The Morningstar sausage patties (they're veggie patties and would count as a protein) are really good -- they taste as close to sausage as you can get without the real thing. I think Juliemarie has tried the links and says they're not great, but the patties are really good!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 10:32 PM   #1190  

Height: 5'9"

Milca

Where are you looking in Plainfield? I used to live in Plainfield township, now I live in Joliet. It is such a great area.
Bogieboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:13 PM   #1191  

Does anyone know how many calories are in the plans. A long time ago I was one the red plan because I exercised a lot (or at least tried too.) this time starting up they put me on the gold.
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:38 PM   #1192  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Sznn:
Girl, Thank you

haylo: Welcome back!!

Lisa:
AAAHHH! I'm so happy, I miss P.R. a lot, Where your father from, I'm from Caguas, I am going to P.R. again in May, I went a couple of weeks ago , but just for a couple of days, but girl, I still pig out in "alcapurrias". There's another girl here called Dennise that she is from Dominican Republic. Feel your pain with the curves and with the booty, I think that I appreciate them more when I fell in the bath tub yesterday, they where good air bags!
I like the area and is true what you said about the houses,you get a lot for your $$$, they are a lot of new constructions going on around, so we are still waiting to see what's happen. Thanks a lot for the info we needed a good feedback! See your kids have you like this , that is so sweet!

Boo:
I agree with you about the healthy habits and also about having a little of junk food in the house. I have a lot of healthy choices but they are kids.

Boogieboo:
We are looking between RD 59 and Canton Farm RD, is in the borderline of Plainfield and Romeoville, I notice you are from Joliet, we went last week to see a house over there I like it a lot, it was very close to Westfield Mall. I like all those areas it look very quiet and the ambience is so good for the kids! The last house that we saw is in a community called Lakewood Falls, there are alot of houses overe there that we like.
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:56 PM   #1193  
Missing Ohio

Mom of 3 - that counselor at the COD has really gone over the edge with this one. Grape tomatoes not on plan. Get real, if a small tomato or 4 cherry tomatoes is on plan, the grapes are on plan.

Good night chickies and sleep tight. I'm not tired and it's midnight. What's up with that. Didn't have a nap today either.

Welcome the newbies. Congrats to the losers and maintainers. Prayers to the sick and shutin, all who are having or had surgery.
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:42 AM   #1194  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Kristi, how'd that tooth come out, no pun intended...

Welcome, Newbies and those returning to the fold. Don't let my rant scare you off! Of course, I've been fudging in my diary about lites/lunas, so it shouldn't make a difference to me, but to have them TELL me to lie -I paid $1000 for this? I can lie and cheat a diet without having to spend that kind of money! I will be seeing a different counselor on Friday, and ask to speak to the manager. This board has been my saving grace in this - it's nice to talk to SANE people! Thanks!

Haylo, I think we discussed a while back on the boards about calories, and it came down to this: it differs from day to day, based on what you eat - 6 oz of beef is going to have a different amount of calories than 8 oz chicken, or 3 TBS peanut butter.

Have a great evening, chickies!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:51 AM   #1195  

Height: 5'9"

Milca,

Lakewood Falls is a very good subdivision. I live off of Gaylord and Renwick by the Westfield mall. Good luck house hunting.
Bogieboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:57 AM   #1196  
Bring sexy back

Milca, make sure you ask how much the property taxes are. We have some friends who moved into a new subdivision here and wondered why the houses (though bigger and newer) were the same price as some of the older houses over on our side of the freeway. Guess what...they pay over $13000/year in property taxes to my $3500. Both are outrageous, but mine hurts a little less. At least we don't have state income tax here.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:00 AM   #1197  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairy Fairy
Milca, make sure you ask how much the property taxes are. We have some friends who moved into a new subdivision here and wondered why the houses (though bigger and newer) were the same price as some of the older houses over on our side of the freeway. Guess what...they pay over $13000/year in property taxes to my $3500. Both are outrageous, but mine hurts a little less. At least we don't have state income tax here.

OH MY GOODNESS --
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:02 AM   #1198  
Bring sexy back

Oh, I know...my FIL was whining about how much property tax he paid on over 100 acres of land plus his house. DH asked how much and his dad said "$1300." PUH-LEEZE, DUDE.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:09 AM   #1199  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Dairy - I may be moving to where your FIL lives Our taxes were $1400 for our house and our tiny bit of property -- I mean we have a yard, but nothing huge !! (My DH wants to buy some land soon so we have somewhere to retire -- I hope he has lots of $$ hidden somewhere )
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:24 AM   #1200  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Milca,
My dad is from Guayanilla. I have never been there, My grandparents had moved back there for a while, but since all the family is in the US they were lonely and moved back to Florida. I hope to see it someday, maybe when we are done rasing kids. You know $$$$

Well I am off to go work out and then go to WI, I have a feeling nothing has moved.
Lisa
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote