Old 04-19-2006, 05:09 PM   #1171  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

I have some grape tomatoes too - I just got done cutting them into chunks to make fresh Pico de Gallo. Wait'll they see THAT one in my diary. And yes, I am seriously considering the manager and the 800 number.

Milca- here's to you getting your offer accepted - what a nervous time!

Stiesta, ( I hope it's you - I forgot to write down names!) I hope you get an offer - I know I drove the folks I bought from NUTS with wanting to come over and look at this and measure that before we made an offer. I finally just brought my camera and took pictures of every room from every angle so I would stop bothering them.

Barb - glad you are liking work - it makes a huge difference when you enjoy the folks you work with.

Rebecca - way to go! My mood right now, I could never have resisted those treats!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 05:28 PM   #1172  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom_of_3_Monsters
So you mean to tell mean that 6 years later that grape tomatoes are still not "allowed" Oh for goodness sakes !!!

Wait....you can have CHERRY tomatoes but not GRAPE?
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 05:29 PM   #1173  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 152/147/120

Stiesta--

I am 5 foot 6 with a medium build. 27 years old...no kids. Beginning to think 120 is too low for my body.
love2eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 05:43 PM   #1174  

Hi Ladies - Just a quick visit before making dinner. Well today is my second day as a LAWL COD participant ! Reset my ticker to my 'official' weight (which is BTW 2 pounds higher than what my scale says) and have been on the LAExpress TO. Had my first weight-in and I lost 2 LBS!!

My center seems ok for now - they had me watch the video and gave me free samples of lites. When I asked if I could eat spinach on LA Express they said sure - green veg is green veg. I can't believe some of the issues you've had Lori. I hope it's not just the honeymoon period.

Sorry to hear about your Dad Heather-PP, it's hard to have an ill parent - my mom's health isn't good and it's a constant worry.

Milca - good luck w/your offer, I'll think good thoughts for you

Yoga Gurl - hope you're feeling better and your surgery went well today.

Barb - congrats on your new job. If I'm not mistaken, you're working in Menlo Park? I used to live there near Sand Hill Road, just a block or two from the Dutch Goose - I absolutely loved it there.

Lots of new faces and names to keep up with, I'll try to do better later...

Judy
Loves Saddlebreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 05:45 PM   #1175  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

If you can have 4 cherry tomatoes, I'd do 6 grape tomatoes...but that's just me and my non-nutritionist self talking!

Playgroup was over here today. I let the kids do crayons on a huge line of dot matrix paper. End result: had to magic eraser my whole dining room floor. Worse yet, I have cheerios, apple jacks, and pb crackers smushed into my carpet...
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 05:45 PM   #1176  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Lori:
Girl, sorry about the bad experience. Girl, lie, if that what they want.What that counselor did was very wrong and don't blame you for feel mad about it. Keep doing it the way that works for you, I keep insisting that sometimes some COD'S don't understand how important this is for us, I hope that when they do the training to that bunch of "people" they teach them how to respect our feelings, and to share our success too. Another note: Thanks for your good thoughts!

Norissa:
About the grape tomatoes, I think that what the COD told you was an excuse b/c they don't know, is easy for them to said "They are not in the plan" than take the phone, called and check!

Barbara:
Girl, so happy to hear that your new job is going great! Miss your post too, thanks for your good wishes!

Nikkijo:
Glad to see you!
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 05:50 PM   #1177  
Bring sexy back

stephanie...
I'm 27, too.
medium build (read this is where you put your index and thumb around your wrists and they touch but don't overlap)- this is what I have and I am also 5'6". I believe according to the cdc my healthy weight range is 135-154. I could never do 120 without serious starvation, BUT every person is different. I'm just excited to be in my 160s for the first time since high school, though. You're already at a weight where I would consider myself "skinny", so it may be easier for you to lose down to the 120s or 130s since you are starting out at a closer to normal weight. I started at 206 but got up to 246 during my pregnancy.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:55 PM   #1178  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Love Saddlebreds:
Congratulations

ljackson:
I notice that you live in Napperville, me and DH are looking houses in Plainfield and Romeoville,we even check on Yorkville and Plano but they are soooo faaar for DH to drive to O'hare that is where DH work. I'm a little scared to move to Plainfield b/c I don't know is there are any tornadoes around the area, I just move to Chicago like a year ago and I don't know too much about the areas. My DH was born and raised here in Chicago, but he also don't know too much about those areas. I like Plainfield is really nice!

Dairy:
I can't live without magic eraser!
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 06:00 PM   #1179  
Bring sexy back

Magic eraser is so good it scares me...
Old 04-19-2006, 06:01 PM   #1180  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Hi Everybody!

Had WI today. Down 0.8. Yahoo!! I'll take every little bit.

Lori - I would just write in my diary what they want to see, usually. The one day I had chicken wings. Nowhere on plan. I certainly didn't write that I had wings. I wrote in chicken. I've had a couple of other things off plan that COD will tell me I shouldn't have, and they will circle it. (Hot dog, breakfast sausage).
Today I had the Slim Fast. But I wrote in LA Slim Down in my journal -- just to avoid hearing a lecture about how it's not on plan,
Long story short -- do what works for you. If you need a personal accoutability as to the accuracy of your intake to see what you could change, and what's working, then maybe just write (or type) the actual food somewhere else for comparison. Just my opinion!

Congrats to all the weight loss losers!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 06:06 PM   #1181  

Well after many trials and tribulations of trying different diet plans I have decided to take the plunge and come back to LAWL. I am starting the LA express tomorrow. I initally had to stop going due to graduate school, so hopefully this time I can keep my determination and continue to keep up with this plan. I still had some weeks left so they applied those and I added some more. It does suck that I lost a lot of weeks and I don't get reimbursed but I guess that is what I get. Anyways, I hope you guys don't mind if I join ya'll message board.
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 06:15 PM   #1182  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Lori - I can fully commiserate with you on the pig-headedness of those counsellors @ the COD's. I had a bad experience last month and now I am very reluctant to let any of them look @ my food diary. I only go in for weigh-ins when I feel like it.
I dropped in today to pick up a new diary - they were all wearing white lab coats...made me chuckle. It that supposed to make them appear more professional?
If any of them DO have any kind of credentials - I'm sure they've plucked them out of their butts.

I shouldn't be so bitter - their plan obviously worked for me, wish they would just cut the crap.
I decided the food diary I picked up will be my last! I don't want to get into that spiral of '5 more lbs'. If I can see 139 for a day - that will make me happy - but 140 is fine.

Siesta + Milca - happy house selling + buying vibes to you both!!

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 06:40 PM   #1183  

Thanks for the welcome back. I am already having regrets only because of those wicked counselors but I am going to take them in stride and like Dolphn said I am going to do what works for me.

By the way, I used to do that all the time too, if I had something else that was not in the book but very similar to something like it I would just write down what was in the book. I still had weight loss, it's like that saying goes what they don't know won't hurt them.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:52 PM   #1184  

Love2eat: I was reading you bio, I too am a speech therapist I am 28 I work at a school and I am currently doing my CFY/Intern year right now.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:17 PM   #1185  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Milca-
Yes I am in Naperville, and I wanted to write you before because I noticed in your bio that you are from Puerto Rico. I am PR too, well half, my dad was born there. My DH says I am blessed with the Puerto Rican curves. They just got way out of control so I am doing this to get them back in order.

Don't let the tornado thing in Plainfield scare you, yes, they did have a bad one many years back, and I think it has given them a bad rap. People just associate plainfield with tornados because that is what got their name in the news. It is really nice and you can get a big house for the money, not like where I am (3 kids and only 1.5 bathroom, no basement ) But we love it here. I think you will like the suburbs much better than the city with your kids. Good luck

Ladies, confession time-
I made pancakes and sausage for my family for dinner and planned to have a salad and Lean Cuisine for myself. But I found myself being overcome by the good smells of their food and ended up having 4 pancakes and 4 sausage. My kids were all over me with questions- "Mom, you can have that on your diet?, Mom don't eat too much or you will ruin your diet" They are so funny! Sweet though to be looking out for me.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day

Lisa
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote