Old 03-07-2006, 02:43 PM   #31  
..5, 6, 7, 8!

Height: 5'9

That looks great Melissa.. I think I'll try the salad w/tuna tomorrow.. Oh and while you're on the elliptical, will you do a set for excercise-lacking me? lol
Shalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 03:08 PM   #32  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

LOL...you got it!! but only for you! everyone else is on their own today and dont think I'm not gonna make you pay me back when you find your key!! LOL! Have a great afternoon!

~melissa
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 03:38 PM   #33  

Good afternoon girls. Been a nutty day today for several reasons. 1. I totally forgot that dh was going to be home today. Yeah, we all know what it's like to have our "other half" in our hair unexpectedly. And then 2. I forgot that the kids had half-day today! Needless to say it made for a very short morning and I had tons to get done today. Looks like tomorrow will have to be the day for running around. Now that I'm all off track I am sitting here trying to get organized for the day. Sheesh!

:welcome1: Gemma! It's great to have you here with us. I know today will go super for you. Keep working at it and the results will come, I just know it! All ya gotta do is let us know how we can help out and we will do whatever we can for you. Look forward to getting to know you and sharing the journey together!

Shalynn, what, no workout!!! Just kidding! It really sucks when we set ourselves all psyched up to do something and then realize we can't. So frustrating! It's good you had a back up plan though so that will get you thru not having the TM at hand for now. Besides the exercise it sounds like you are doing famously, what more could anyone ask for, right!

Melissa, I am so jealous of you girl. You and your elliptical! I'm so glad that you're enjoying it, now it gives you great incentive to want to workout now! Woo hoo!

Shalynn As far as a menu....

when i wake up- 2cups coffee, splash of sf flavored syrup,nf creamer

Brekkie: meal on the go bar/water

snack: yogurt/ water/orange

Lunch: blender shake/ half sandwich/fruit

snack: red. fat wheat thins/ cheddar cheese (and no Melissa it's not one slice! LOL)

Dinner: tonight we're having lasagna,garlic bread(gonna have to fight me off this! LOL), salad, veggies.

I try and drink a minimum of 100oz of water as well during the day. I sometimes have about 6oz of diet soda w/ dinner, depends on my mood.
For dinner time, basically I eat whatever I make for the family which IMO is good because it keeps me observant to what I feed them as well. I really watch portion control and keep things well rounded as best I can. some days are better than others that's for sure! But as you can see, I'm definitely not starving! No reason to starve on this plan, I dont care what any one says! If they say that, then they obviously don't know how the plan works, and those are the people that you ignore. Also, if you find you're getting bored with snack or meal ideas, the slim fast site has tons of suggestions for you to pick from!
desertdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 04:54 PM   #34  
..5, 6, 7, 8!

Danielle, I hear ya on the DH & the kiddos being home.. When that happens, I tend NOT to get anything done.. don't know why. As for no workout, I don't have a single excuse but they keep on coming.. they're legitimate excuses, but really NOT. And I know my weightloss will be faster if I'd just workout.. blah! lol

Thanks for the workout Melissa, I can really feel the burning sensation.. haha..

2dles 4 now!
Old 03-07-2006, 06:59 PM   #35  

Yes Shalynee, weight loss would come easier if you'd exercise!
If you do it, so will I! I haven't worked out today and I really don't feel like it. The kids have pooped me out with all their homework and games. See, I can come up with a zillion excuses too! Hhmmmm, maybe we can write a book? Think anyone would buy it? Tomorrow's a different story tho, so what do ya say? You workout, I workout? C'mon, you know ya wanna!!!!

Melissa, hey how'd that workout go????? Hello???? Come on, don't keep us waiting!
Old 03-07-2006, 07:35 PM   #36  
Melissa

Oh I can be the queen of excuses!! LOL! I'm trying to conquer that nasty little habit though! No workout yet...well I did 3 minutes then the phone rang but I'll be on there during american idol tonight you can trust me on that one! And if I do it...you guys gotta do it too!!!

I think I wanna got to Danielles for dinner!! Did you make enough for all of us? LOL!

have a wonderful night everyone!! Remember...you better get that sweating in tomorrow!! You owe it to yourself!

~melissa
Old 03-07-2006, 10:34 PM   #37  
Melissa

Just had to let you guys know... I DID IT!! I did 30 minutes on my elliptical. actually if you count the 5 minutes I did while I was waiting for dinner to cook 35 minutes! I did 5 minutes at a time, got off for 30 to 60 seconds and got back on! It was rough and i can tell my butt is gonna be hurting tomorrow!! I'm very proud of myself...okay your turn! LOL!

~melissa
Old 03-07-2006, 11:54 PM   #38  
..5, 6, 7, 8!

Yeah Melissa!! Way to go!

Well ladies, once again I am just now getting home.. (kids games, another treacherous choir practice & hangin out at my dads).. I'll tell ya one thing tho, I found my key, and I jumped on the TM.. are you ready for the amount of minutes I was on???? I'll give ya a hint.. it's after 4 and before 6.. yup, you guessed it, I was on for a whopping 5 minutes!! .. Sheesh, talk about starting off slow.. .. so now I'm getting ready to call it a day so that I may get up early enough and push myself to do 6 minutes! lol..

In all seriousness, I will push until I can't push anymore. And yes ladies, we can workout together! Thanks for the encouragement.. you rock!!!

See you gals in the morning.

Shalynn
Old 03-08-2006, 09:52 AM   #39  
Melissa

Hey 5 minutes is a start!!! 5 minutes is longer than you did yesterday and the day before!! You'll keep going, thats just the launching point, getting a feel for it! And if you have to sneak in 5 minutes here and there throughout the day you are STILL better off!! The important thing is that you got on there! You made no excuses and you did it!!! Yay for you!!! Cant wait to hear how those 6 minutes went today!!! Have a fantastic day!!!!

~melissa
Old 03-08-2006, 02:59 PM   #40  
..5, 6, 7, 8!

Thanks for the encouraging words Melissa.. did I tell you that you rock? Well.. I had time this morning to do another 5 minutes.. hehe, since dislocating my knee back in July 05, I haven't done any workout due to the fear of reinjuring myself.. so it's definitely a slow go for now.. Hope your day's going swell!

Shalynn
Old 03-08-2006, 05:28 PM   #41  
Melissa

WOOOHOOO Shalynn!! See, I knew you could get on there again today! 2 days in a row!! no girl....YOU rock!! Keep it up!! Since you did it today guess that means I gotta get on mine again tonight! I'll be doing it during lost! LOL...yes I'm a tv addict thats why I needed an exercise machine to use while I watch!

Okay, I havent had my lunch shake yet...had the wrap but no shake so I better get it! Have a wonderful afternoon Slimfasters!

~melissa
Old 03-08-2006, 09:41 PM   #42  

I am thinking about trying Slim Fast I am a bit reluctant because I don't want to take it for the rest of my life and I know I don't have to but I feel like if and when I stop taking the shakes, I'd gain a lot of the weight they helped me to lose back. Has anybody experienced this? How long have you all been on Slim fast if you dont mind sharing?
IntriguedKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 10:56 AM   #43  
..5, 6, 7, 8!

Hi Intrigued & Welcome!! I don't feel that I'll be stuck with taking the shakes for the rest of my life - I look at it as something to help me get back on track with eating healthier/staying under my 1200 caloric intake that I'm trying to maintain - Since I'm always on the go, I find the shakes to be REALLY convenient and since I've started with SF plan, I've been snacking healthier and re-educating myself with life long "healthy" foods. Hope that helped!
Old 03-09-2006, 11:46 AM   #44  
Melissa

Hello Intrigued and welcome!! Well, I've had amazing success with Slimfast, but it wasnt the slimfast itself that made me lose the weight, the slimfast helped me to control my calories which is why I lost the weight. Yes, I did gain my weight back over the years but it wasnt because I went off slimfast, it was because I went back to my old ways of eating. Fried foods dipped in ranch are not the way to keep weight off. Thats why all diets fail, if you dont use the keys you learn while losing you WILL gain it back. The draw to the slimfast plan is how it helps you control you eating, it takes the guesswork out of measuring and fixing your own meals. When you can control your calories you will lose!! this time around i've been slimfasting for 6 weeks and i've lost 10 lbs with slimfast. I was just counting calories for 4 weeks before that and lost 7.5 lbs. I love this plan, but its not one you starve yourself on. You've gotta check out the website to see how to do the plan correctly. If you do decide to give it a try I hope you come back and post with us! We'd love to cheer you on to success! Good luck!

Well Slimfasters I got on that elliptical again last night! I was stronger this time around and was able to do 3 sets of 10 minutes rather than the 6 of 5, and I went a little faster too but I might have to give credit for that to rihanna! LOL! I think I'll go ahead and have an official weigh in tomorrow even though I think I'm still working on taking off the damage I did last weekend. I'll have to measure too!

have a wonderful day everyone!! Be good!! I'll check back on you this afternoon!

~melissa
Old 03-09-2006, 12:17 PM   #45  

IntriguedKI, welcome to the thread. Slimfast is a great way to lose weight and learn how to control your calories. This works great for me, I don't have to fuss so much with counting things right now, but still get the benefit of losing and doing it healthy.

I hope you'll decide to come post with us if you should take the plunge and give Slimfast a go.