Old 03-14-2006, 11:17 PM   #76  

Default Hi All!!

Hello everyone! I am new to the forum and I would LOVE to join your Slim Fast group! Thanks for the invite Melissa (Hun E.B.)!! Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I have to start at the beginning of this thread and read all the posts. I just started the Slim Fast Plan (two shakes morning/afternoon) and then a sensible dinner. Is that how everyone does it here? I am so excited! Thanks for having me!!
tryingtolose45lbs. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:26 PM   #77  

Default One other thing...

I am also going to exercise too. I walk at least 25 miles a week and three days a week I add in some weight lifting. So, now just SF'ing, exercising too. And, as the name says, trying to lose 45 lbs. (hopefully by August - Anniversary). Thanks!!
Old 03-14-2006, 11:36 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 221.2/186.4/170

Height: 5'7"

Welcome sunkist and tryingtolose45!
I'd like to encourage ya'll to look at the slimfast website. According to your current weight they have recomendations for numbers of snacks and combination meals that is basically a slimfast product plus 200 healthy calories. Really is a lot of food to keep you from getting hungry. I have done slimfast in the past too when it was a shake for breakfast and lunch and a sensible dinner. But this looks so much better, lots of snacks and who doesn't like snacks? Much more doable i my opinion.

Trying to lose 45, Way to go on the exercise. I do a little pretty much everyday. Some days more and some less, but no where near 25 miles a week, that is so awesome!
Ciarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 08:56 AM   #79  

Default Thanks Ciarra!

When I first started working out 6 weeks ago I couldn't even walk a mile. I have built myself up over the last couple of weeks to at least 4-5 miles a day, six days a week. I also do some weight training when I can. I have not stepped on a scale (my downfall last time I tried to lose weight). I made myself a twelve-week workout calendar and will weigh myself for the first time at the end (half way there!!). I have two sets of pictures: one the first day I started and another four weeks into working out and dieting and :BIG CHANGE! I plan on taking another set (back, front, side) in two more weeks. Keep up the good work everyone!
Old 03-15-2006, 09:55 AM   #80  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Morning Slimfasters!!

tryintolose...Welcome!! I'm so glad you popped over to join us! Way to go on that exercise!! that is incredible!! It sounds to me like you really have things under control and are being very smart about it! I love your workout goals and your calendar idea! Cant wait to see what the big results are going to be!! Like Ciarra said dont forget about those snacks! Its amazing how much you get to eat on the new improved SF plan!! Good luck to you!!!

Off to another day for me! Dentist didnt go well for one of my daughters yesterday and we are going back again today, my poor baby has to have an absessed tooth pulled! I havent made it back onto my elliptical since last weekend..shame shame! Lucky for me the scale hasnt moved up, I think keeping the eating in check is helping there. Then once this cold lifts I can get to sweating again! Water has been my biggest downfall the past few days, gonna try my hardest to work on that today, theres no reason I shouldnt be doing that right?!

Well I hope everyone has a FANTASTIC on plan day today!! Be strong and keep that control!! You deserve all the good things that will come from it!!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:17 AM   #81  

Good Morning Slimfasters!!!! I don't have alot of time this morning but wanted to check in and see how ya'll were doing. Looks like things are rolling along beautifully for everyone!!!

A big big to our newbies here. I can't wait to read more about your goals and what you've been up to. The SF plan is a great way to lose the weight and get the control back. Keep it up ladies, you can do this!

I will be back later to do personals, I've only got a few minutes before I gotta take DS to the orthodontist. I've also got DD home today with a sore throat. Apparently strep is going around in her class and she came home with the little paper the nurse sends out. Not exactly sure if she's *really* sick or just tryin' to be cause of what she read on the note? She's got no fever and her throat's not even red. Hhhhhmmmmmmmm Just kept her home anyways just in case, at least she gets good grades.

alright girls, I'm outtie for a bit but I'll be back. Keep shining!
desertdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:02 PM   #82  

Hi tryingtolose!! Welcome! I am doing the Optima plan which lets you eat more food, as Ciarra pointed out. I have been on it since Monday (not long, I know) but I like it. It gives me the necessary structure to relearn healthy eating habits. I would suggest it since it encourages fruit and veggie consumption. 25 miles a week??? Goodness sounds like you are busy. Do you do your miles on a treadmill or outside?

Everyone have a lovely day and keep on keepin' on. We are all successful simply for being here for each other. The rest is just gravy.

Laura

fmcfatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:31 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 221.2/186.4/170

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone,
Spring break here and my son had a friend spend the night. They are playing on the xbox now. Things have been busy....
As for me I have trouble staying of the scale. This morning showed a loss too. 196.4 (-.8) Nice to see it moving in the right direction.
Could not imagine waiting 12 weeks but good for you. I'm sure you will see a big difference.

Laura, I have to agree this new plan seems so much more doable. I did the old slimfast plan and lost well, but was hungry. This one is much more feasable.

Danielle, hope your daughter is well or recovers quickly. And good luck at the orthodontist.

Mellissa, feel better soon and best wishes at the dentist. Hope that goes well. Baby tooth right? Would hate to be pulling an adult tooth.
Talk to ya'll later.
Ciarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 02:28 PM   #84  
Melissa

WOOOHOO ciarra another loss!!! Yay! I just love posts like that! Just dont become a slave to that evil machine because it will be mean sometimes and I dont want to see you getting frustrated! You are doing so great!!! and yes, it is a baby tooth thats being pulled today, not sure why I'm so worried about it. anyway keep up the good work!!

Danielle...I miss you!!! LOL!

Have a great afternoon everyone! I'm off to do some homework! Feeling much better today I think, might even venture onto that elliptical this evening afterall! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

~melissa
Old 03-16-2006, 09:38 AM   #85  
Melissa

Good Morning everyone!! I'm running late today but I had to pop in and wish you all a FANTASTIC day!! Be good! Be Strong! We can do this!!

~melissa
Old 03-16-2006, 12:32 PM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmcfatterson
Hi tryingtolose!! Welcome! I am doing the Optima plan which lets you eat more food, as Ciarra pointed out. I have been on it since Monday (not long, I know) but I like it. It gives me the necessary structure to relearn healthy eating habits. I would suggest it since it encourages fruit and veggie consumption. 25 miles a week??? Goodness sounds like you are busy. Do you do your miles on a treadmill or outside?

Everyone have a lovely day and keep on keepin' on. We are all successful simply for being here for each other. The rest is just gravy.

Laura

I work full time so I either walk with Leslie Sanson video in the morning. Or, when it's not too cold, I walk outside in the morning and then finish up with my daughter at about 6:00 - I walk/jog with her in her radio flyer wagon I get some exercise and get to spend some quality time with her! Win/win!

This Slim Fast diet - so far, I just drink a shake in the morning and then afternoon. Helps me with my calorie intake. Maybe after a while I will introduce new things. Not getting on the scale really isn't that bad for me. I was so obsessed with weighing myself the last time I tried to lose weight that I let it make me fail. But, I do take pictures and that has shown a BIG difference. I workout 6 days a week. That's not my downfall - I like exercising...the eating part is a different story! That 's why I like Slim Fast Plan (so far - we'll see).
Old 03-17-2006, 11:11 AM   #87  
Melissa

Alright ladies...were did you go!!? its much much too quiet here for this to be a support group! LOL! I hope everyone is doing great and just busy sweating off those lbs and thats why you've not been checking in!!

Happy St. Patricks day everyone!! Does anyone celebrate in the true sense here? I've never even tried corned beef and cabbage, have you? Now if only they made fat free, sugar free Baileys Irish cream! LOL!

I think the cold is getting closer and closer to be gone gone gone so I can go into warrior mode next week! I stepped on the scale today and there was no change, but since I've not exercised all week thats not surprising. My food choices havent been the greatest and TTOM started this week too...so I'll take that number this week, but I'm ready to knock it out of the 230s next week!! I'm tired of seeing that number on the scale! Its time for a change!!

Any plans for the weekend?

have a fantastic on plan day today!! Be good! You deserve the best in life!!

~melissa
Old 03-17-2006, 11:20 AM   #88  
Goal:run 10k in ATL July4

S/C/G: 205/172/145

Hey ladies..just jumping in this week hasn't been good at all..I let those spring break habits become my daily habit. Consequently I've gained 2lbs...
Net my weight loss from slim fast at 1lbs instead of 3lbs.

Well, I'm not going to let this discouraged me...simply stated I haven't done any exercise this week which didn't help my situation. So next week is a new beginning and I'm ready. This weekend I'll be going to Atlanta with my boyfriend for our two years anniversary. I can't wait... So I'll see you guys on Monday. Be encouraged!
PrincessMeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 11:23 AM   #89  
Melissa

Have a GREAT weekend Melissa! I'll be ready to hit it hard with you come monday!! We can do it!

~melissa
Old 03-17-2006, 01:59 PM   #90  

TGIF girls. Everyone ready for a great weekend? Only one more week before my kids are out for spring break, I can't believe it. The school year has just flown by in a hurry!

Looks like everyone is doing wonderfully, it's great to see. Keep it up girls, you deserve this, you can do it!

Melissa, glad that the cold seems to be getting hint and leaving you alone. I know you'll do great next week with your comittment to upping the effort even more. Go you!!!

Melissa(princess), your attitude is amazing. You are definitely going to lose what you want, get to goal and stay there. You've got the right mindset, a winner all the way!

Not alot going on here now. Hopefully getting a puppy this weekend. Finally, company during the day!

Be well! ♥
desertdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote