Old 03-30-2006, 01:32 PM   #121  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Morning and happy thursday!!

Tessa...way to go on that workout girl!! Keep it up! You are doing so great on plan!! I see good things coming your way!! I hope you have a great weekend! Be good and stay strong!

I have a paper I'm supposed to write over spring break that I've yet to even look at...shame on me! My husband says, well technically you are supposed to be on the beach so no biggie but I'm not one to wait and this paper is due the thursday after we go back to class. STRESS! LOL!

I think my cold is getting so much better! I hope so! yesterday I did better with my choices but still not as good as I could be so today I'm really gonna try hard! Tomorrow is weigh in day for me, hopefully I'll still be below 230!

Anyone else have any fun plans for the weekend? I think I'm gonna take my girls to see the new ice age movie unless that sun comes out!

have a wonderful day everyone!!

~melissa
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 05:25 PM   #122  
Also known as Tessa :)

S/C/G: 220/160/130

Height: 5'5

Melissa, are you in college then? Good luck for your weigh in! It seems like you have been doing ery well!

I want to see the Ice Age movie! LOL, the first one was great! I'm just going to hang out in Iowa City. It should be fun.
colaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 06:27 PM   #123  
Stephanie

Default Hi!

Hi guys!!!

Tessa - We live in Jacksonville FL, I used to go to PCB every Spring Break through HS and then when I was in college (FSU!!!!!!!!! GO NOLES!!!!) We haven't been back in awhile... I am actually a Elem Ed major!! So I know all about the fun things you are doing!! I taught Kindergarten and First grade until I had Jayson and then when he turned 2 I went to work part time at a staffing agency and worked 8 - 12 until I had Taryn (2002) and just went back to work again last Jan. for the same staffing agency and now we actually handle all the subtitute teachers for our county so I am actually placing subs at our local schools!! I work some from home and go into the office on Fri, Mon and Tues to do the payroll. I will go back in the classroom once Taryn is in Kindergarten..... I miss it but don't want her to be in school (daycare) all day long... so I work 9-2 take Jayson to school and pick him up and take her to school 3 days and she stays with me the other days... it all works out!!

We are going to ICE AGE too.... Jayson wants to go tomorrow after school but I think we are gonna wait until Sat or Sun afternoon, our neighborhood pool opens Saturday too.. too cool for me but the kids don't care!!

Well enough of my novel... Talk to you all later!!!

Stephanie
FL-MOM-OF-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:59 PM   #124  
Melissa

Good Afternoon everyone! Tessa...yes I am a student business admin - accounting and a minor in psychology.

I had a VERY off day despite my knowing that tomorrow was the meeting with the scale. My girls were getting cabin fever and wanted to get out so we went to the mall, needless to say I splurged on pretzels and other things I just should have stayed well enough away from. Well I just have to work it off on the elliptical tonight.

Tried the cherry crystal light today, it tastes exactly like cherry koolaid, I'm definetly gonna have to do half and half on that stuff, its too sweet and I REALLY dont feel like I'm just drinking water LOL!

Have a lovely evening Slimfasters!!

~melissa
Old 04-02-2006, 02:25 PM   #125  
Melissa

How's the weekend going for everyone? So quiet around here. I've done lousy, not sure what my problem is, but today I'm going to sit down and figure out the next weeks menu. I'm really going to kick things into high gear around here. I've wasted enough time, June is coming very very quicky and I'm nowhere close to being ready. Only one thing to be done...eat less and move more!! Now that this cold is all but gone I'm going to 3 workouts a day and planning out my food everyday because as they say failing to plan is planning to fail! This is really going to be bootcamp for me! Enough is enough already!
Old 04-02-2006, 08:05 PM   #126  
Stephanie

Default Happy Sun Eve

Hello all... hope everyone had a good weekend.... pretty busy here as usual... I AM LOVING THE TIME CHANGE THOUGH!!!!!!!! Its 7:58 here and I just came in from rollerblading and its not dark!!!! Of course the kids are saying its not bedtime since it is still light outside!!!

Melissa - if you need any kind of support or whatever please let me know!!! It is always good to plan out your meals and track what you eat... do you use anything online? I use Fitday (the free one not the PC version) and I love it!!! 3 times a day to work out seems like a lot!!! (Maybe I am just jealous because its hard for me to get in 1 everyday!!) Are you going to do a bunch of different things or just your elliptical? Keep the faith and work hard and you will see results!!!

Well I am off to do the bedtime routine!! I will talk to you soon... KEEP SMILING!!!!!!!

Stephanie
Old 04-03-2006, 09:38 AM   #127  
Melissa

Good Morning all! Ready to start out the week with a bang!! I know I sure am! Time to take off some pounds!! Didnt start off exercising but that was my own fault for being so lazy, I went to bed way to late to be getting up early! Getting up early is not my thing to begin with, I've never been able to do it but its my goal this week to fit in 15-20 mins on the elliptical before showertime. I'm gonna do it!!

Stephanie, I need all the support I can get! I lost 75 lbs with slimfast in the past and I'd credit a majority of that with a strong support group standing behind me cheering me on! I do use fitday online too, I feel like it keeps me on the straight an narrow. And dont worry I dont plan on doing 3 a days for a long period of time, I dont want to burn out, just enough to get things rolling here, couple of weeks I'm thinking! My plan is to do the elliptical in the morning and then again in the evening and then when I get home early afternoon from classes to pop in my biggest loser dvd. Thanks so much for the encouragement! It means the world!

I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! I know I sure have some things to confess but I'm just gonna let it be water under the bridge and move on to better things! Be good! Stay strong!! Have a wonderful day!

~melissa
Old 04-03-2006, 04:54 PM   #128  
Stephanie

Default Keep it Up!!

Melissa -

Anytime you need anything just let me know!! I will be here... it is hard to do alone!!! I know that... that is one of the things now that has helped me... I have a running friend who keeps me committed!!! If I am not outside she will ring the doorbell and wake everyone up!! HA!!!

Well that sounds like a good plan - how is that Biggest Loser Workout? I watched the show only once before it was over and it looked like they mainly used gym equipment... My Turbo Jam came today!! I was soo excited!! Its a lot of dance and moving around!! Tons of fun!!! I made the kids play in their room and ripped it open and did it!!!

The weekends are always hard on everyone and you are right you can not look back - JUST FORWARD!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Just remember whenever you need encouragement just holler!!!

Stephanie
Old 04-03-2006, 07:51 PM   #129  
Melissa

thanks a million Stephanie! I'll take you up on that shoulder trust me! I need to get me one of those kind of friends so I'm up and at it in the am! I love the biggest loser dvd, course it doesnt hurt that bob is such a babe! LOL...nothing like some good ol eye candy to sweat to! I love that the dvd has 4 different workouts you can do and you can customize it too. Its my favorite workout dvd by far!
I'm so glad you love your turbo jam!! I've heard nothing but good stuff about those workouts! So glad you found the time to try it out!!

Have a fantastic night Slimfasters!

~melissa
Old 04-04-2006, 04:49 PM   #130  
Stephanie

Good afternoon - another busy one here we had a 7:45 baseball game last night and another one tonight!!! I think they try and kill the parents!!!

I woke up early and did my Turbo Jam again!! My friend had a early meeting at work so we didn't run but I was up so I figured I would work it in this morning....

Did you get your workout(s) in yesterday?? Did you do good eating??? I am not nagging just trying to keep you going...

Well have a good night!!!

Stephanie
Old 04-04-2006, 05:56 PM   #131  
Melissa

Way to go Stephanie!!! You could have opted out of exercise and you got it in anyway!! I'm very proud of you!! Keep it up! We decided not to do baseball this spring, last spring we had 2 games a week but it ended up raining for most of them and since my husband was the coach guess who got the fun of calling all the parents! LOL! I hope your team did great!

I havent worked out yet but I plan to tonight. Just when I thought my cold was going away I'm feeling crappy again!!! Very aggrivating!! And dont feel like you are naggin at all...well all need that little reminder to keep accountable! I appreciate it a ton!

I hope you have a great night!! anyone else out there? We'd love to hear form you! Be stong!

~melissa
Old 04-04-2006, 10:18 PM   #132  
Stephanie

Yeah I think everyone left us!!! No one has posted in awhile!!!!

Yes they won their game tonight but getting home at 9:30 and doing showers and all that stuff and into bed late 2 nights in a row is bad!!! At least we don't have another one until Saturday!!

I am sorry you are feeling bad again... did you go to the Dr?? Maybe you should get checked out....it is not going away huh??

So are you setting a goal for yourself? Time frame or something special coming up? We are going on a cruise May 4th so that is why I am working extra hard these last few weeks (actually 1 month from today!!) Wow!! That came up fast!!! We are going with 3 other couples from our neighborhood... it should be fun!!! No kids!!!!!!!!! The girls are going shopping next Saturday and I am ready!!! I have 11 more pounds to go... I have to push extra hard this last month!! THEN I CAN PIG OUT ON THE CRUISE!!!! LOL... Just Kidding!!!! I hear they have a great gym!!!

Well I am off... HAVE A GREAT TOMORROW!!!!!!!! Hope you feel better!!!
Old 04-04-2006, 10:41 PM   #133  
Melissa

I did it!! I got on that elliptical for an hour tonight! Didnt think I was gonna make it with the way my day has been going but I decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and get off my big butt and do it...and I did!! Very proud of myself. Now lets see if i can get up early and get on there like my goal was this week. Keep your fingers crossed!

Oh how fun a cruise!! I have a couple of things I need to be losing for. My dad and stepmom are coming for a visit in early June and I'd really love to be below 200 by then, not sure if thats gonna happen. Then in July we are taking the girls to Disneyworld. Last summer we went to an amuzement park and I tried to go on a ride with my littlest and I had to get off the ride because they couldnt do the safety thingy. Then we were on this other ride and it was so tight on my stomach I was scared to death the whole time the safety thing was gonna pop open. I refuse to feel like that this time around! I have no choice but to get in gear and lose this weight!

I hope you have a fantastic Wedesday! yay no late night! LOL! Keep on shining girl you are doing so great! You are almost there!!

~melissa
Old 04-05-2006, 03:14 AM   #134  
Goal:run 10k in ATL July4

S/C/G: 205/172/145

Hello Ladies,
I know I've been missing in action. Well there's only 2 1/2 week of school left and the week of finals..before I graduate. So last week was like crunch time for me, batch of exams, quizzes, assignments, and a group presentation. I was really calling on my Jesus for help to make it thru. I only exercised once last week. I jogged 4 miles on wed. and was so freakin excited. I usually only do 3 miles. The last I jogged 4 miles was last summer. It took me an hour but I'm proud even though I was able to do 5 miles an hour last summer. Well remember when I gained those four pounds from letting my spring break sting fall over to daily habits. Well I've managed to shave off three pounds so I'm currently weighing 173. My goal is to be under 170 by April 29 for my graduation. That would be a huge accomplishment since I've never weighed in at that number in my adult life. So I'm off to jogging tommorrow morning. I'll be checking in more often. Oh yeah I filled up on my slim fast. Take care ladies and much love.

Melissa- Keep it up girl!WHOOOOOOOOOOOHHOOOOOO! for that whole freakin hour on the elliptical. I'm proud of you. Keep it up. And yes you will exercise today..say it with "I WILL Exercise Today" come on keep repeating it.

Stephanie- I see we share the love of jogging. That's good you have a partner,my roommate is also a great motivator. It's good to have jogging buddies especially the days you really don't feel like rolling out of bed. But the runner's high afterwards is a great reward. To you to I say "Keep it up!"

Much love everyone,
Melissa
PrincessMeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:05 AM   #135  
Melissa

Welcome back Melissa!! I missed you around here!! Way to go on your run girl!!! WOOHOO! You are incredible!!! I dont think I've ever been able to run 4 miles let alone do it in an hour!! Excellent work! I hope you got in another great run today!! And see that spring break splurge is leaving, things are falling into place!! You will definetly make that graduation goal and then some!! Keep up the good work!!

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!!! Be good and be strong!! We can do this!

~melissa