3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers & Friends - February 2006 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/74910-lawl-losers-friends-february-2006-a.html)

Repo girl 02-24-2006 07:36 PM

Oh Christie, one of my daycare kids did that to me a couple of weeks ago. Thought I was going to puke too. Sorry you are having a hard day.

hkychik 02-24-2006 07:40 PM

Christie - ewwwwwwww of course, when it's our own kids, we hardly bat an eye. DH on the other hand.....

Hope you get the smell out before the listing date - sounds like a good time to shampoo carpets! You guys are moving fast!

dac328 02-24-2006 07:43 PM

hello! I'm new to the site and, boy, do I need the support. Somehow I've gained 50 pounds over the last several years and am miserable (somehow, right! We all know eating tons of food did it for me). I look forward to reading all the posts learning how to move around the site. Take care, Debbie

dac328 02-24-2006 07:44 PM

:)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dac328
hello! I'm new to the site and, boy, do I need the support. Somehow I've gained 50 pounds over the last several years and am miserable (somehow, right! We all know eating tons of food did it for me). I look forward to reading all the posts learning how to move around the site. Take care, Debbie

nikkijo 02-24-2006 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stiesta
Katie -- here with you on the flu thing. My DD was sitting at the bar, and I was getting dinner ready for them all. She has been sluggish and clingy today and I figured she was getting sick. She started screaming that her lips hurt. It's pretty dry right now with the cold, so I ran to get some chapstick, as she was so hysterical. I put the chapstick on and tell her to calm down, trying to stop the flow of tears. Well, I turn my back for one-half of a second, BLEAACCHHHH, she throws up all over the bar. I grab her and turn to head for the bathroom, until I remember I have just repainted the bathroom and don't want to risk her mucking it up. So I stop mid-flight and turn for the kitchen sink (closest facility) and carry her there. Now mind you, she has not stopped throwing up at this point. So I now have vomit on the bar, on the floor, in the hall on the way to the bathroom, and all across the kitchen floor (not to mention, all over me!) :yikes:

So after putting her in the tub, changing my clothes, and cleaning up the mess, I am ready to curl up in my sweats with a movie. Unfortunately, with our upcoming move, our house is going on the market this week, and I've got a MILLION things to do so we can be ready. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

GRRRR...what a bad way to end a day!

Christie

OMG Our family just got over this. It was horrible!! I got it the first night of TO, needless to say I didn't do day 2....

hkychik 02-24-2006 08:07 PM

:welcome3: Welcome, Debbie. I'm pretty new here too. You will find lots of helpful chickies who are going through the same thing you are. Jump right in!

Repo girl 02-24-2006 08:18 PM

Welcome Debbie!!! You definitely came to the right place for support! Katie

deetsmom 02-24-2006 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marbear
Deets, you have just got to try it their way, girlie. This cheat day plan is not working, is it? Anyway, little gains at EVERY visit would be really bad, but you could probably burp good and lose .2 lbs...so try not to let that last one effect you too much. You're right about each pound counting more at your size, but even a person your size can hold on to a few pounds of waste and water.

The cheat day thing was short-lived after last week's failure. I cheated on Valentines Day and thought it would come off in the usual 4 days and close to 2 pounds lingered...and lingered and lingered...so as of Tuesday, I did everything COD said, ate all the new additions (tomorrow I gain 1/2P back) and did ok on my scale..theirs has me UP. Anyway, stabilization is a bit of a head trip, but thats ok:)

deetsmom 02-24-2006 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo girl
Heather- Sounds like you have been really busy, chickie! Glad your presentation went well.

Deets- You are doing great, and I am with the other chicks. You have come this far on LAWL's advice, anyway.

I am sick. I don't want to be. I have been telling myself for days now that it is not true. I refuse to get sick. Yet, today I can't deny it. This crap has flu written all over it. I didn't even exercise this morning. I might when my daycare kids go home, not sure I am up to it, but hate to break my streak, you know. I am so excited about the website stuff. My SIL is having a baby shower tomorrow. I was asked to bring a gift that starts with B, so I am going to go to the store tonight a put together a Basket full of Bathtime stuff. I love the Johnsons Lavender baby products. I also thought about throwing a box of condoms in for Birth Control. She will think it is really funny, but I'm not sure about the people from her church. Oh, to heck with them. Like they've never seen a condom before. I'm doing it!! I also have a painting party organized for tomorrow morning, calling in favors to my mom and sisters. We are going to paint my living room and dining room this really pretty green. Hopefully I will feel a lot better by then. Hope everyone is having a great, POP day!!

I hope you get well soon!:hug:

Repo girl 02-24-2006 09:00 PM

Thanks chickie, I hate being sick!!!

rad7775 02-24-2006 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dac328

Hello:
Welcome!!! My name is MILCA. Anytime you need support or someone to talk count on me.Here you will found a lot of support!!!

Repo girl 02-24-2006 09:59 PM

Mary, you know, that stuff used to KILL me, but after so many years, nothing grosses me out anymore. I just have to remind myself that I am getting paid to do this. You know, kind of like Fear Factor. LOL

pseudomargot 02-24-2006 10:23 PM

Repo, awesome on the condoms. I would find it hysterical. Hope everyone appreciates your great sense of humor. A girlfriend of mine threw a party when her husband had his vasectomy. The party favors were glasses filled with birth control (mostly condoms). Very entertaining party, and everyone loved the decorations. Hope your gift is met with the same enthusiasm.

have been depressed of late since I just can't get myself back POP. Was in the city with the kids yesterday and went to a great sushi restaurant for dinner and then a great pastry shop in Greenwich Village for dessert. I had absolutely no will power. MUST behave tomorrow.

also really busy time at work and I'll be spending much time home alone working. Need to avoid eating as an escape from the tedious work.

congrats to everyone on your great losses. hope to join you soon!!!

deetsmom 02-24-2006 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marbear
Ok, I made the ricotta cheesecake, and I did use part skim even though I forgot to change that in the recipe I posted. I divided it out into 2 round pans since I didn't have a springform (was scared of it baking over, but it may have been fine). It was a bit eggy tasting, but I topped it with fruit and had it for breakfast instead of my typical 2 eggs. I cut each pie into 8 pieces so a slice is 1/2 protein, but I had 2 of the slices this morning for a whole protein. I also didn't remember to buy more vanilla, which may have helped. It was still a good treat esp since I am not a big protein eater. I'm not tempted by it, because I have gotten sick off ricotta before (it was a recipe from my husbands family that just had WAY too much cheese) and it is one food I'll never overeat.

How can I freeze it?
Mary

So, Mary...if I made this in a springform...would 1 slice be 1 Protein?