3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers & Friends - February 2006 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/74910-lawl-losers-friends-february-2006-a.html)

Chklithunder 02-24-2006 12:21 PM

:wave: Hi Everyone. I've been lurking as usual...

NSV for me last night ladies - was feeling low about having to be moved back to RED, and decided to go try on some clothes for more motivation, and to remember one of the reasons I signed up for LAWL in the first place. I tried on my regular size (18) in some jeans and they swallowed me! WOO HOO. Just to be sure, I picked up a pair of 16s and tried them on. They were snug but they fit. I snatched those jeans up so fast, and I am wearing them today. Can't wait until they fit better, but at least I know that I am on my way. It feels so good...YES! :yes:

Beanie! :hug: :grouphug:

Deets, during my absence I missed your move into stabilization. Just allow me to say...you GO girl!!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: I know that our WL journeys are very personal and I appreciate you coming here to share yours, because it is SO inspiring to me everytime someone reaches the "Promised Land." :lol: :cp: Anyway, JulieM gave great advice. I don't think you're being whiny and I don't think anyone construed it as such...we all know how hard it is to lose weight so we know how hard you've worked to get to where you are (you teeny thing you)! Keep up the good work and don't get discouraged. I can believe that every time you see a gain you might be tempted to go into panic mode, especially seeing how far you've come and there's always that voice in your head telling you that since you're showing a gain (no matter how small), that something must be wrong. That must be a very hard mindset to overcome and the only ones who know how it really feels are you and maybe Metal unless I'm missing someone. You've trusted the plan this far, stick with it, let's see how your body continues to react to stabilization and take it from there! You are giving all of us a blow by blow of stabilization, and now we have a better idea of what to expect when we get to that point, and for me you are more motivation than you could ever know. Okay off my :soap:.

To all the other chickies out here, the newbies that I don't know very well (yet), and the old faithfuls, Katie, BEANIE, Shennie, Deets, Norissa (saw you lurking - what's up chickie?), Mary, JulieM, Tina, Leah, Barb, Heather (purple), and anyone I may have missed (so sorry) - here's to another POP :angel: day! :cheers:

stiesta 02-24-2006 01:35 PM

Deets,

I second what all the other chickies have said -- you've made it so far, don't beat yourself up. It may be stressful for you mentally, but you can only do what you're doing. You will eventually level off I am sure.

stiesta 02-24-2006 01:41 PM

Mary,

If June Cleaver didn't crawl back into bed, I'll bet she spent her life on medication! You make me LOL! What a wife you are -- breakfast at 5 something??? You're putting us all to shame. Just don't let my hubby know that he's got it so bad! :D

emmysmom 02-24-2006 02:05 PM

Mary, you're funny...Tyra Banks! I hear ya about the pics. Every time I take Emily, I think I am only going to pick a pose and get enough for close friends and family...never happens! The pictures come out good and it kills me to think that they will delete them and they'll be gone forever if I don't buy them. It's like my duty to buy them and keep her forever in that pose...sounds kinda silly when I put it that way.

Deets, I have to agree with Mary on doing the program the LAWL way. After all, who would have thought that we could even lose one pound on all the food we were told to eat when we started. And look at where you are now! Remember, too, that more food will help keep your metabolism up.

Gamababa3 02-24-2006 02:35 PM

Leah thank you, I love being a grand parent and playing with the them:) Sorry your scale is playing games with your head, just hang in there and keep trying it will get better. Glad to hear you and your DH liked the chicken dish I know I loved it and so did my family.

Shennie good luck with your TO.

Bennie welcome back we missed you.

Christie congrats on your 1.8 loss.

Deets I'm sorry your struggling so on your last couple of pounds to lose. I hope something works where your not seeing a gain soon.

Angelica & Sznn sorry your also having frustrations with your scale. Keep at the program it has to get better.

Erin congrats on your loss, that's how I felt earlier this week lost what I had gained. Much better feeling to see the loss.

Carmen congrats on getting in to a size 16 that has to be so exciting. I'm still in an 18, but the waist is much bigger and the butt area. Once my stubborn thighs start going down I'm sure I'll be able to get in a 16.

Mary I bet the pictures turned out so cute. We did the same thing for Jasmyne last Halloween. She had the cutest costume, so I thought I have one cheap pic taken. Same thing she did all these cute poses and smiles and I've never spent so much on Halloween pics. Did you get them where you can view them on a CD, if so share a pic or two I'd love to see them.

Heather miss seeing you so much on line. Can't you tell your boss you need to catch up with us more:)

Kathy were have you been the past couple of days we miss chatting with you.

I went to WI this AM and am down another .8 not quite a full lb, but I'll take it:) The counselor says your probably going to get mad at me, but you are looking slimmer. I told her why would I get mad at your for saying something like that. I also brought up the bagel mystery and she said if it's any other bagel then a Lenders then you can have 2oz, which would be a whole one. So since mine are Sara Lee's I'm going to have a whole one today toasted with cream cheese:)

PURPLEPIRATE99 02-24-2006 03:14 PM

I'm here I'm here - mostly trying to catch up at work from vacation - I've been soooo busy this week and I've missed you chickies!! I had a very important demo this morning - so that went well - I can relax now!!!

Congrats to all the losers on TO!!

Congrats to everyone else on their losses as well!

I'm definitely in on the website if you guys can work it out!! (posted over there too before I caught up on here)

Barb - you are too funny with the pretend medicine!!

Tina - Are you going to pick out the birthday stuff this weekend? I'm planning on making a final decision myself!!

Ms. Beanie - SOOOO glad to see you back and consider yourself proud that you maintained during such a stressful situation - that is a major accomplishment!!!

Katie - Thanks for noticing I was gone!! I''m so with you about obsessing with the scale - I told myself after TO I was going to put mine away for a week - but guess what? It snuck back out and was sitting right where it has always been - right outside the shower waiting on me!!! Of course, I had to get on - and I'm still showing a 2lb loss from TO - so I'm happy with that!!

Shennie - Thanks for the compliment about my lowest weight - I actually went today to exchange some workout clothes my DH bought me for valentines - I picked up two pairs of large shorts - thank goodness I tried them on - I got to go back and get a medium - I felt so proud!!!!

Well hopefully I will be around more next week -
:welcome: to all the newbies - looks like there was several while I was on vacation!!!I will have to post some of my sweet Savannah's snow pictures later - I'm so excited to get some to scrapbook - oh and for those of you still waiting on my doc - I am going to get it done - I'm traveling tomorrow so maybe I can type it on the way!!!!

deetsmom 02-24-2006 03:46 PM

just got home and saw the great posts, thanks eveyone:) I really appreciate the support!!!!

Repo girl 02-24-2006 04:00 PM

Heather- Sounds like you have been really busy, chickie! Glad your presentation went well.

Deets- You are doing great, and I am with the other chicks. You have come this far on LAWL's advice, anyway.

I am sick. I don't want to be. I have been telling myself for days now that it is not true. I refuse to get sick. Yet, today I can't deny it. This crap has flu written all over it. I didn't even exercise this morning. I might when my daycare kids go home, not sure I am up to it, but hate to break my streak, you know. I am so excited about the website stuff. My SIL is having a baby shower tomorrow. I was asked to bring a gift that starts with B, so I am going to go to the store tonight a put together a Basket full of Bathtime stuff. I love the Johnsons Lavender baby products. I also thought about throwing a box of condoms in for Birth Control. She will think it is really funny, but I'm not sure about the people from her church. Oh, to heck with them. Like they've never seen a condom before. I'm doing it!! I also have a painting party organized for tomorrow morning, calling in favors to my mom and sisters. We are going to paint my living room and dining room this really pretty green. Hopefully I will feel a lot better by then. Hope everyone is having a great, POP day!!

PURPLEPIRATE99 02-24-2006 04:09 PM

katie - I'm so sorry you are not feeling well - I sure hope it isn't the flu - Sending you lots of get well vibes!! Hopefully you will be able to get out and get your basket together - the Baby magic lavender and the aveeno lavender bath stuff smell really really good. I used to use the baby magic all the time - but then Savannah had some sensitive skin issues - and they had me switch to aveeno - I love the smell of both!! Definitely do the condoms - that would be hilarious and I'm sure the church people would laugh too - geez, they need funnies every now and then also!!! Keep it exciting!

rad7775 02-24-2006 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo girl
Heather- Sounds like you have been really busy, chickie! Glad your presentation went well.

Deets- You are doing great, and I am with the other chicks. You have come this far on LAWL's advice, anyway.

I am sick. I don't want to be. I have been telling myself for days now that it is not true. I refuse to get sick. Yet, today I can't deny it. This crap has flu written all over it. I didn't even exercise this morning. I might when my daycare kids go home, not sure I am up to it, but hate to break my streak, you know. I am so excited about the website stuff. My SIL is having a baby shower tomorrow. I was asked to bring a gift that starts with B, so I am going to go to the store tonight a put together a Basket full of Bathtime stuff. I love the Johnsons Lavender baby products. I also thought about throwing a box of condoms in for Birth Control. She will think it is really funny, but I'm not sure about the people from her church. Oh, to heck with them. Like they've never seen a condom before. I'm doing it!! I also have a painting party organized for tomorrow morning, calling in favors to my mom and sisters. We are going to paint my living room and dining room this really pretty green. Hopefully I will feel a lot better by then. Hope everyone is having a great, POP day!!

Katie:
If the people from the church don't laugh I bet that you will when you see their faces in shock!!
I use for my kids Johnsons bedtime bath and cream and I love it too and it really calm fussy kids.I did BL DVD today for first time today... God my butt was on fire with the last excercise from the low cardio tape. I use the Zumba workout too that is a tape of latin dancing.Again thanks for the advice.
Hope you get better!!
Milca

Repo girl 02-24-2006 05:00 PM

Thanks guys! I know, you think you are going to die on that low cardio at the end. Has anyone ever heard of the striptease areobic workout? I saw a thing on TV about it, and wondered if there is a DVD out. I think that I am going to go with the condoms. One dilemma: my sis and sil are supposed to be going in on the gift. I am tempted to throw the condoms in at the last minute and not tell them either. Man, I am laughing just sitting here thinking about the looks on their faces.

rad7775 02-24-2006 05:10 PM

Katie:Yes, that idea is awesome! That's for the big ending... picture this:When everybody thought that nothing is gonna happen... all this condoms coming out from nowhere.. really funny.
Milca

emmysmom 02-24-2006 05:53 PM

Katie, I was a little confused when I read your post at first...I thought I was reading...wondered if there was a DVD out...I'm going to do that with condoms...too funny! I think there is a DVD. I saw it somewhere when I was looking on-line for the BL DVD.

stiesta 02-24-2006 06:58 PM

Katie -- here with you on the flu thing. My DD was sitting at the bar, and I was getting dinner ready for them all. She has been sluggish and clingy today and I figured she was getting sick. She started screaming that her lips hurt. It's pretty dry right now with the cold, so I ran to get some chapstick, as she was so hysterical. I put the chapstick on and tell her to calm down, trying to stop the flow of tears. Well, I turn my back for one-half of a second, BLEAACCHHHH, she throws up all over the bar. I grab her and turn to head for the bathroom, until I remember I have just repainted the bathroom and don't want to risk her mucking it up. So I stop mid-flight and turn for the kitchen sink (closest facility) and carry her there. Now mind you, she has not stopped throwing up at this point. So I now have vomit on the bar, on the floor, in the hall on the way to the bathroom, and all across the kitchen floor (not to mention, all over me!) :yikes:

So after putting her in the tub, changing my clothes, and cleaning up the mess, I am ready to curl up in my sweats with a movie. Unfortunately, with our upcoming move, our house is going on the market this week, and I've got a MILLION things to do so we can be ready. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

GRRRR...what a bad way to end a day!

Christie