3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers & Friends - February 2006 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/74910-lawl-losers-friends-february-2006-a.html)

sznn 02-21-2006 11:13 PM

Thanks Gamababa.....I'm dusting the sugar off as we speak.
I will not being buying those again thats for sure - thought I could just have one now and again as a treat.
-S

CandlePrincess 02-22-2006 07:18 AM

Sznn:
Hang in there chickie! We all have our meltdowns! I will say that I have found the further into the plan I get the more my "meltdown foods" change. I love sweets, but lately I find that I don't crave them like I used to. Just pick up where you left off and get right back on plan and don't dwell on the meltdown!

To all doing take off: ONE MORE DAY! WHOO HOOOO...here's to the results it brings!:cheers:

Stiesta- or should I say Ms. Villa??? Good for you! Better to focus on things other than food! I have some painting that needs done...available??? LOL :)

Back to work today, and here's to a POP day! May we all be POP! :hat:

heather314 02-22-2006 07:20 AM

Sznn, Ditto what Barbara said! Just put it behind you and dont beat yourself up about it. That was the downfall I had on WW.. I was aloud gingersnaps which I got addicted to, and 3 as a snack turned into half a box while watching TV... nightmare lol. I found I CANT have that stuff in the house at all or I will eat it

stiesta 02-22-2006 07:54 AM

Heather (Candle Princess) -- oh the things we will do to avoid thinking about the **** that can be TO! Seriously, I have needed to do all this work on my house (my husband travels all the time and is not around enough to get it done) so I was happy for the excuse to put TO out of my mind and get to work. Today I am so tired from all I did yesterday, hopefully I can stay busy and keep the TO off my mind today.

How did yesterday go for the other TO girls? I did well, and Katie, I am going to follow your advice and have an apple w/ PB later today to avoid the blood sugar low tomorrow morning.

I had a 1.2 loss this morning, which just thrills me! :carrot:

Here's to a POP TO day!

Christie

PURPLEPIRATE99 02-22-2006 07:58 AM

Sznn - Ditto to the other chickies - just so you will feel good - Sunday while me and my friend were walking around a department store similar to wal-mart - between me, her and the two girls - we ate a whole bag of strawberry malted balls!!! But after Saturday eating calzones and Sunday eating a few fries and the malted balls - I got right back on track monday morning. I started TO yesterday just to get rid of the sweet cravings.....I think TOM contributed a little, but I'm on the wagon now - so here is my hand - I will pull you up - You've done awesome so far..just think of it as a bump and now your over it - press the gas girlfriend!!!!

Leah AU mom 02-22-2006 08:05 AM

Good Morning!
Yahoo the scale was down another .5 this a.m. I am so excited that the scale is finally moving.......in the right direction. I'm down to 149, so I can officially move the ticker. I'm going to try like crazy not to let it go back over the 150 mark. It's such a mental battle for me to change "decades"
Have a great OP day everyone.

Rebeca, How's it going?

PURPLEPIRATE99 02-22-2006 08:18 AM

Good morning my Chickies!!!!

Christie - Glad TO went so well for you yesterday - hopefully you got all your chores done!! Congrats on the 1.2 loss - that is AWESOME!!

Katie - My chickie - My TO Friend - Are you ready for day 2?? I sure am.....I got on the scale this morning - not looking for a loss especially since I worked out with weights last night and I lost 1.5!!!!!! This is the lowest I've been in a long long time - I weighed in at 162.5!!!! I need to update my ticker and I so close to adding another 5lb cow!!!

HeatherCP - I remember seeing somewhere that you are an avid scrapbooker?? OH, me too!!! I am soooo addicted. I spent so much money on my trip b/c they have a HUGE scrapbook store in MI near my friend!!!!~ I spent $140 just in that store - not to mention the other things I picked up while shopping in various stores. We should share some pics of layouts sometime. I have a $10 coupon code for addictedtoscrapbooking.com if your interested - let me know!!!

Barbara - You're doing sooo awesome!! Missed you while I was gone

Tina - Glad you are back and track and helping guide our group wagon!! Missed you too!!!

Shennie? Sy? MsBeanie? Carmen? - Where is everybody?????

Welcome to all the newbies since I've been gone. Still trying to catch up!!!

Well off to day 2 of TO - ready to get this show on the road!!! Can't wait to eat some fruit tomorrow!!! Yummy Yummy!!!

I will try to catch up today - and for those waiting on my typed "eating out" doc - I'm still going to get to it - I promise!!!!

PURPLEPIRATE99 02-22-2006 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah AU mom
Good Morning!
Yahoo the scale was down another .5 this a.m. I am so excited that the scale is finally moving.......in the right direction. I'm down to 149, so I can officially move the ticker. I'm going to try like crazy not to let it go back over the 150 mark. It's such a mental battle for me to change "decades"
Have a great OP day everyone.

Rebeca, How's it going?

CONGRATS ON THE LOSS!! and I am so with you on the changing decades - I only have 2.5 more lbs to get to the 150's - OMG!!!!

angelica1674 02-22-2006 08:55 AM

Good morning! Congrats to all you TO'ers, you are doing great. One day down one more to go. I had a lemon poppyseed muffin this morning with a light vanilla glaze :( . I made these to take to my parents house cause my dad loves anything lemon.Mom cant eat them shes diabetic. I take care of her so I go there everyday, 7 days a week. I only get 2 sundays off a month. Anyways ,I broke down and had one.They smelled so good ! I knew I would!! Oh well, I am counting it as 2 starches and my fat. The muffin was about 200 calories and 6 grams of fat.Do you all think I counted it right?

stiesta 02-22-2006 09:28 AM

Leah -- congrats :carrot: on your decade change -- I too have been in the 150s for a long time -- can't wait to be in the 140s. WAY TO GO!

Heather -- I too am an avid scrapbooker! It is the one thing that I do just for me. I LOVE IT! We don't have any scrapbook stores here, so I am stuck buying my stuff at Michaels and AC Moore -- but I do get a lot online when I get the chance. I would love to get in on the swapping of page ideas!

Mary, great job on the 4lb loss -- what an accomplishment! You should be hugely proud of yourself!

Angelica, don't beat yourself up -- at least you only had one! Me, I would have had one, figured I'd blown it, and eaten the whole batch. You're doing the right thing to count it and I'm sure you will be fine.

Just finished working out, gotta hit the showers, cuz I DO STINK! :faint:

Christie

PURPLEPIRATE99 02-22-2006 09:31 AM

Angelica - Sounds right to me about counting the muffin - but maybe some of the pros can give their opinion as well!!! You go girl - 58 lbs!!! That is absolutely wonderful!

PURPLEPIRATE99 02-22-2006 09:39 AM

Christie - I get ALOT of my stuff from Michaels and AC Moore as well - but it is so great to go to the stores that carry the higher end lines of paper and embellishments - I just love it!!!! yes, I truly enjoy it b/c it is something I enjoy just for myself. Plus, it is something my daughter can treasure for her entire life - she already loves looking through her album...I've so far behind...I'm almost finished with her 1 year album which will be her baby book!! Let me know if you're interested in that coupon as well - you only have to spend 10 to get $10 free - so you really don't have to spend any money at all!!!! next I'm going to catch up on her second year and start an ALL About Me album. I want her to have something just in case anything happens to me - I wish I had that for my Mom -
Congrats on the workout!!!

Mary - congrats on the wonderful loss - that is great motivation for the kid's party!!

Speaking of Kid's parties - while I was in the store the other day I took Savannah and laid out Dora, Elmo, My Little Pony, S. Shortcake and care bear plates to see what she would choose. She choose Dora, Elmo, S. Shortcake the first time - so then I laid those 3 out 3 more times and she picked Elmo every time - looks like I will be doing Elmo for her birthday. I'm going to take her to the party store again this weekend and make sure that is the winner!!!

angelica1674 02-22-2006 09:47 AM

Thanks stiesta and purplepirate!! I will just count it like I said . If it sounds right to all three of us it must be right! Thanks for the congrats on my loss. I feel I have done ok, I took 2 weeks off so I could have lost more but I figured I have worked this hard and it came off so fast its not going to hurt me to maintain awhile,So I did. You know, I was watching the program on the discovery channel the other night and it was about big people.This man on here weighed 780 pounds and he was bed pound on his left side.He couldnt even roll over on his own and when he was moved on his back he couldnt breathe,he had bed sores all over.He was put into a nursing home/reabilitation center for morbid obese people.I just cried. It was sooooooooo sad and heartbreaking!!!I just wanted to crawl through the tv and give him a hug.Let me tell you after watching this program I should never feel like I am fat or anything. I should be grateful I only have 20 something pounds to lose.My 82 pounds was easy compared to the battle he has in front of him.I should never complain again!!! Can you imagine being that big? Well the really sad part was that towards the end of the show he died. I was in the bathroom so I missed why but I bet it was heartattack.I felt soo bad for his family. It just made me realize how lucky we all are to be the weight we are and at least healthy.50 pounds or 70 pounds overweight isnt nothing compaired to 400-600 pounds!!!Anyway, Ill shut up now, I just had to tell you all about the show.

sznn 02-22-2006 10:28 AM

Good morning everyone-

Thank you soooo much for all the support... you are the best!!!:hug:

I must say I was surprised mostly by the voracity of my sugar binge.
I have been downright saintly throughout this process - made it through Christmas parties/New Year's/ Valentines Day...etc.
I was under the false impression that I had the nasty little 'out of control' monster in check.:devil:

Good wake up call for me, best to keep temptations out of the house. My SIL introduced me to the meringue nests - so innocent - just egg whites and sugar....LOTS OF SUGAR!! Best left on the store shelf from now on.

All you TO participants are doing great - best wishes getting through today!

-S