3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers & Friends - February 2006 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/74910-lawl-losers-friends-february-2006-a.html)

shennie_97 02-27-2006 09:42 AM

Mary~ that is great about DH

Boo’s mom~ how was take-off?

Leah~ great NSV

Connorsmom~ when I was on depo-provera (sp?) I gained the majority of my weight. I have been on the nuva-ring for about 9 months and although I hate having my monthly friend back, I do think it has made a difference. I just felt like I could not loose with that shot for anything. I was told that the nuva-ring uses the same hormones as BC pills, but that’s about all I can say…if you are really trying to not have any little ones right now, be careful with that stopping the pills and be sure to be prepared for having something else around or next month you might find a little surprise :lol:

Norissa~ missed you :hug:

Heather~ they say beef and pork take longer to digest so that is probably why you are seeing the gain.

Ok, I have managed to maintain this week, which is better than nothing. I was at 147.4 again this morning. I have to go into the COD today. Have only been going once a week since I started my busy schedule with my practicum and missed last week, so I’ll have to get the look :devil:

PURPLEPIRATE99 02-27-2006 09:57 AM

Shennie - that is wonderful - I know you are still estatic to be under the 150 and staying under nicely - !!! You will be at your goal before Easter - what I nice present!!!

Thanks for the info on the pork and beef!!!

angelica1674 02-27-2006 10:03 AM

Good morning chickies! I missed you all this weekend while I was off. I had KFC chicken breast last night( bad,bad) So I am doing TO today and tomorrow.Plus, I am trying to get to 181 by wed.Is anyone else doing TO? I did lose another pound this weekend so I guess thats good. I did lose another inch in my waist too and I dont know how cause Ive only lost 5 pounds since last measureing ,who knows!!

Connorsmom-I was on the depo twice.First time I did great but the second time I had no sex drive at all.I didnt gain weight from the depo either but I was really watching my weight then too.I was told by my doctor that depo is given to sex offenders because it stops their sex drive!! I couldnt believe it. I tried the nuvaring but didnt like it. So now I have a IUD, I love it!! It gets taken out in 4 years(or sooner if I want).

Congrats to everyone who has lost!!

Mom_of_3_Monsters 02-27-2006 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelica1674
So I am doing TO today and tomorrow.Plus, I am trying to get to 181 by wed.Is anyone else doing TO?

Hey Angelica ... I am doing TO today and tomorrow ... and so far so good !! ;) :hug:

Leah AU mom 02-27-2006 10:31 AM

Mary, As we say in the south, Bless your heart!!!!!!!! I'm sorry you keep on having trouble.
Congrats on your downward moving scale!!!!!!!!

Norissa, Hope TO goes well for you. YOu'll love those fruits and starch on Wed.!!!

sznn 02-27-2006 10:37 AM

Norrisa - my fellow lurker...how is takeoff going??

I may have to jump on the TO wagon, this w/e has thrown me off.
Went up snowboarding on Saturday and as it was an all day extravaganza
I didn't have my regular meals - had a bar and some trail mix.
But the deviations in the w/e didn't end there and long story short, hopped on the scale yesterday to be greeted by 156.
It is so frustrating that to just get off track a little and see such dire consequences.

Deets I can totally commiserate with your maintenance frustrations. I am now not looking forward maintenance, it seems like it is soooo easy to put the weight back on:?:

Back on the wagon today + T/O wed + thurs

Happy Monday all,
-S

angelica1674 02-27-2006 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom_of_3_Monsters
Hey Angelica ... I am doing TO today and tomorrow ... and so far so good !! ;) :hug:

Oh good! Now I have a TO partner! I am doing the limited. I have had 24 oz water ,8 oz juice, and 1 bar so far. Feeling pretty good so far. How are you doing?I am sending :dust: your way!!!

angelica1674 02-27-2006 10:59 AM

Noriissa- Where are you located in MO. Anywhere near St. louis? I live across the river in Illinois about 30 min from st. louis.

sznn 02-27-2006 11:05 AM

Just stepped on the scale again this AM - still @ 156.
Can you really gain 3LBS in ONE W/E????
That's crazy.

rad7775 02-27-2006 11:07 AM

Angelica and Norissa Good luck in your TO. Good Morning everybody!!!

angelica1674 02-27-2006 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sznn
Just stepped on the scale again this AM - still @ 156.
Can you really gain 3LBS in ONE W/E????
That's crazy.

Yes, It can happen from too much sodium.In a few days it should go away.

angelica1674 02-27-2006 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rad7775
Angelica and Norissa Good luck in your TO. Good Morning everybody!!!

Thanks so much. I can use all the luck I can get. Today should be ok cause I still feel bad from the food.So I am not really hungry.For some reason I feel like crap after I eat bad food.Sick to my stomache feeling is noooo fun!!

QUESTION- can anyone tell me whats the best protein to use on the limited TO?or is there not really one

Oh I got my luna bars in the mail friday! I got the four I cant find anyplace near me. I found I only really liked 2 of them enough to reorder them. The deluce(whatever that ones name is) and the iced oatmeal.

rad7775 02-27-2006 11:22 AM

Angelica:Well all depend in what you want because when I am looking to feel full the beef. If Iwant to lose a little more the fish and the chicken. But when I'm on TO you now is hard and I eat something that keep me satisfied and I eat the beef.

Rebeca 02-27-2006 11:29 AM

Big Dilemma

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConnorsMum
Okay, I have kind of a strange question to you all. It is my TOM right now and it seems that on these weeks, I lose more than any of the others, which seems opposite of what normally should happen. I was discussing this with my DH and my conclusion to this dillema is that this week is the only week of the month that I don't take birth control pills. We decided that I am going to test this theory and use another form of bc for a month. Has anyone else had this problem with bc? I can't figure out any other reason for the great losses I am getting this TOM (not that I'm complaining ;) ).

I have only been married for 2 years and GOD KNOWS I DO NOT WANT A BABY... hubby is enough headache right now... ANyways...After talking lots and lots with my docs and trying ALL Kinds of bc out there I simply could not lose any weight on them! I gained 40lbs in about three and a half years! They also made me very moody and tired all the time! Now iam BC free for 6 months and I have not felt better!!!