Old 01-31-2006, 08:36 AM   #1471  

Mary that is so good to hear! I have been praying for ya girl!

Sarah let us know how you did...I have been feeling that same way

Slimmerkim.....what happend at weight in chick....let us know....

I'm still here writing my food down...and feeling frustrated but trying to focus on the positive!
Gymgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:40 AM   #1472  
PurpleSunshine

Good Morning Ladies--

Deets - I'm so sorry you are frustrated, but I agree with Mary - you will probably start losing again once on maintenance and not stressing too much about it. I wonder if that extra lb would be pre TOM weight - didn't you say it was on it's way?? You look wonderful - I'm glad you are finally realizing how proud you should be of yourself!!

Mary - I sure do hope that those "NO CRAMPS" are exactly what you thought. I will pray that there is no surgery needed for you. I had to laugh at your last comment about the hard core LAWL girl - that was cute!! At least you are keeping a sense of humor.

Sarah - Good Luck at weigh in.....Let us know how you do

Gymgurl - I know it has to be frustrating, but maybe doing the up and down calorie days will help. That has been a good way of breaking plateaus for many people on different plans.....Good luck!! You luck great now!!

CandlePrincess - Congrats on the loss - a loss is a loss!!!

Slimmerkim - Results? waiting to hear from you too

Bernadette - Thanks for sharing the DH's words of wisdom - they are very true. I truly believe that was what got me back on track - was finally realizing to be happy with myself no matter what......it helps so much to keep focused......

Shennie - The visual for maintenance is enough to keep me motivated - it sounded so relaxing and nice.....

I tried to go back to the gym last night - I made it, but I was still very weak - My body is not quite back up to par. Don't know if I will attempt cardio - b/c of the sweating and heavy breathing - not sure if that would be good for healing blisters in my throat - hopefully by Thursday - I can get back to a normal schedule!!

Welcome and Good Morning to everyone else..Hope everyone has a great OP day!!!!

Last edited by PURPLEPIRATE99; 01-31-2006 at 11:02 AM.
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:57 AM   #1473  

S/C/G: 181.4/147.6/125

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies..... Well I had WI last night and just as I suspected- I was up .8 Blah!!!! And my counselor even mentioned the 'S' word to me--- Supplement. She wasn't being pushy about it but saw that I'm losing a little slowly and suggested the Excel stuff cause she's 'obsessed with it'. Now I know that I'm not being POP and that's why I'm not losing as much as I couldbe. So I told her that I would think about it but asked how much it cost and nearly passed out when she told me it was 89 BUCKS for a month supply......So now I'm definitelynot getting it.
So, now I just have to prove it to my COD and myself that I don't need no stinking supplements and be POP....AHHHHH- this is going to be tough.....
Have a great OP day!!!

-Marisa
m_everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:58 AM   #1474  
PurpleSunshine

Marisa - You can do it - just remember - do it for yourself!!
Old 01-31-2006, 10:10 AM   #1475  

Ok I don't know what I'm doing wrong here. I did TO this weekend I barely lost anything. I went to weigh in and I was at 162.8. Which is only 1lb from last week. I also did a TO the weekend before that to hoping that would help but nothing is working... any suggestions anyone.
Tee625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 10:11 AM   #1476  

Hi All - I'm back after 10 days in Tokyo, it was fun but a total diet disaster!! I couldn't really stick, too much change in diet, too many opportunities to cheat when you are eating out all meals...Food choices were just so different..blah, blah, blah... I finally got the guts to get on the scale this am and I am up 6 pounds - ouch!!

I'm cranky, suffering from major jet lag and couldn't summons it up to do take-off. I'm just working to get back on track, measure my food and stick closely to my plan for the rest of the week. Hopefully, I'll undo some of the damage.

On the bright side - I didn't gain more than I lost so I am still at - 3 lbs, yippee!! I might even tackle the gym today to just walk or swim for an 1/2 or so....

I just wanted to stop in and say hi, I'm looking forward to February and a good start.
Loves Saddlebreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 10:20 AM   #1477  

Bernadette~ your DH is a sweetie

Karebear~ I think we have to change our ideas about weighing with LAWL, I weigh daily to make sure I am on track, but I know not to expect a loss each day. On the other hand I think I would not be as focused if I only weighed once a week because I would think that I had a few days “off” because I can still show a loss with the “off” days. I know a lot of WW’s people who have a cheat right after meeting because they have until the next week, for me I know one day leads to 20, so I have to keep myself on track and this is the way I do it.

Mary~ I am now heading towards month 6 of 2 lemon bars a day. Truthfully, they don’t make my mouth water like they use to, but they are still working for me.

Heather~ you are bottle of sunshine and are so great with the personals

Tee~ two TO’s in two weeks could be part of your problem. You have to give your body sometime to actually get some calories in to “eat off of” during TO. You will not loose not eating enough because your body will hold on to calories and you will be doing more maintaining then loosing. I would suggest getting Op and having a variety in your plan. I would also have a few light days since your body will probably be so happy with the extra food it is about to get, it will hold on to it for dear life. I was really surprised when I ate a heavy meal one day and ended up with a lb loss overnight and didn’t want to believe that eating can make you loose, but it is true.

back saddlebreds, Toykyo sounds like it was wonderful
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 10:32 AM   #1478  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolinMama
Ugh!! So what am I doing wrong?? I pasted the text in from tickerfactory.com, but the text is ALL that shows up! HELP!!
use the first code they have when you get to the last page. not just the URL.

I think it is BBcode, but it is int he first box. Highlight the entire code (about 4-5 lines) and paste the whole thing. Then you can click preview to see if it works before you post and keep tryign until it previews right, but it shoudl be the first code.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:24 AM   #1479  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning everybody!! Yesterday I was POP all day, not a little bite of this, or a snitch of that, nothing but OP food. It is really the first time in a long time that I have been able to do so. I know from cheating all weekend that my WI will probably not be that great this week, but of course, I have it coming. My dad shot an elk this year, and shared his meat with us. I had elk steak fajitas for lunch, and elk stroganoff for dinner. I don't like deer or antelope at all, but this elk is really good, and very lean. If you ever have a chance to taste moose, go for it. It is the best of all wild game. Today and tomorrow will be no red meat, of course! I think that I will make hummus again today.

Deets- I am so glad that you are seeing the big, or should I say small, picture. You have done great!

Mary- Thinking of you. Hope you don't moo any minute now. That could be very tramatic for Eli!!!

Heather- Big thumbs up for even trying to go to the gym. I can't seem to get my butt moving for nothing. Maybe I should have DH tie me to the back of the 4 wheeler and run me up and down the street!

To those of you who are frustrated: I am truly sorry that you feel this way. My mom had a similar experience, and did get her money back. She did LAWL for about 6 weeks, and never lost a lb. She has had gastric bypass, though, and could not possibly consume the amount of food and water required, even on green.

Bernadette- Thanks for the words of wisdom. Sometimes we all need to hear that!

Shout out to Shennie, Star, Beanie, Carmen, Sy, Fiona, Britt, Andi and all of you other lurkers!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 12:06 PM   #1480  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

I just got in from my OBGYN annual appt..they had my weight at 132 today so go figure. My dr said I have a very "athletic" heart beat, LOL! He said I should run a marathon Gotta run back out now for pre-school, catch you all later!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 12:07 PM   #1481  
Katie

BTW, I had a funny story to share. On Sunday I bought a bag of Hershey's SF candy bars to try to beat an awful craving. I ate a few on the way home, then tossed the bag of stuff from Walmart on a chair in the living room to make lunch. Later, I could not find them. I discovered that my 3 year old had stolen the bag and eaten them all in her bedroom. Well, the candy got revenge on her for me, in the form of bad diareah from the artificial sweeteners. That will teach her to eat my candy!!
Old 01-31-2006, 12:09 PM   #1482  
Katie

Deets- It must have felt so good to go in at that weight. I keep thinking that my gyno will die when he sees me again, should be down close to 100 lbs by the time he sees me, compared to last time I was in, uh, 3 years ago. Has it been that long? Oh, boy, I guess it is time for a checkup.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:56 PM   #1483  

Well, all my worrying was for nothing. I lost 1.6 lbs over the weekend. I was so excited and felt 10 times better.

The lady at the center suggested the hot lemon water or asparagus for the water retention. I don't want to eat asparagus, and does the water have to be hot? What's the difference if it is hot or cold?
Big Bootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 01:08 PM   #1484  
Katie

Your body absorbs it better and gets to work faster if it is hot. Glad you showed a loss!
Old 01-31-2006, 01:29 PM   #1485  
PurpleSunshine

Anastacia - Congrats on your loss

Katie - not exactly how good that tie up thing would work - but I bet your husband might enjoy it if you were BN!!! heheheheheh