Old 01-31-2006, 01:32 PM   #1486  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Yeah, I had to get rid of the BN goal, it just didn't work out....
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 01:56 PM   #1487  

S/C/G: 181.4/147.6/125

Height: 5'1"

Anastacia- Way to go on the weekend loss!!!!
Whew- sorry I got a little crazy there Gotta love those smilies

Purplepirate- thanks for the advice. No more gloating- it's POP for me
m_everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 02:07 PM   #1488  

Thanks for all the congratulations. I feel great. I guess I will try to drink it hot, although it sounds disgusting. If I am unable to do it I will try it cold, it can't hurt I guess.
Big Bootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 02:08 PM   #1489  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bootie
Well, all my worrying was for nothing. I lost 1.6 lbs over the weekend. I was so excited and felt 10 times better.

The lady at the center suggested the hot lemon water or asparagus for the water retention. I don't want to eat asparagus, and does the water have to be hot? What's the difference if it is hot or cold?
and not Hot, hot, warm is fine enough, like tea temperature.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 02:14 PM   #1490  
PurpleSunshine

Marisa - I've so been there before. I used to do WW faithfully, but I feel like I learned the system good enough that I could cheat it and still win - well, guess what ? it didn't happen and cheating was cheating - whether it was myself , my journal or just the fact that I knew I was sabataging myself.You can do this - I finally proved it to myself - just had to try something different....You go girl!!!

Katie - Well at least the DH is happy now - maybe it will be just the "feel good" exercise you've been looking for....
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 02:20 PM   #1491  

I did it - I MADE myself go weigh in and I was up 1 lb - but that's OK! First, it wasn't more than a lb Second, I went overboard on Sunday - my son's birthday! and Third, my counselor was GOOD.

So after my last rant about LAWL, I'm going to say something good. I'm still frustrated at the difficulty of the last part of my journey, but this gal really was good.

First, she's not a regular and I haven't met w/her before. Then she's pretty overweight and I tend to get irritated by that at a weight loss place, but SHAME ON ME b/c I found out she has lost 67 LBS! OMG, good for her! My three kids go with me to weigh in and they all get on the scale. My 4 1/2 year old is 37 lbs and my 6 y/o is 41 lbs, so I tell her that if she held both of them, that's about how much she's lost! Can you imagine carrying that around all day (this was after I remarked that I have "lost" one of my children!). WOW

So she never says anything about a "gain" just asks me how I'm doing. I told her that maybe this is where I'm meant to be and if I have to go to stabilization at this weight, I will be fine with it. And she said, that's great and you look awesome!

She did set some goals for me and I am going to try really hard to stick to the plan this week, which means I'll have to take the harder road to get up there 3 times, but SHE inspired me.

Anyway - i was up today but I have already filled out my diary for today and plan to stick to it!

Way to go to all the other losers!
slimmerKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 02:23 PM   #1492  
Katie

Slimmerkim- I love it when you have inspiring visits like that!
Old 01-31-2006, 02:57 PM   #1493  

Slimmerkim, it's nice to hear stories about good counselors who really try to be helpful.
Tee625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:01 PM   #1494  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah135
I am going to WI this am. I am so frutrated with this program I could scream. I have done as well with the exercise and NO results. I first month was great but this month has been down right terrible. I know I have been doing good on my eating. It's just not working. I am thinking about asking for a refund if I do not see a change today. I wonder haow that works? Maybe I won't I have to wait and see.

Sarah
Hey Sarah,
They say you average 2 lbs. a week, so if you lose a lot of weight fast, your body will slow down. . How much did you lose in the first month?
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:06 PM   #1495  
PurpleSunshine

Slimmerkim - that's great that you left extra motivated!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:11 PM   #1496  
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

Default Glad to have found this place!

Hello, ladies! Well, I'm so excited to have found a forum for LAWL! I joined a little over a week ago, and have done really well so far!

Day 1, I was STARVING, but that was because I didn't space the food out. I was so worried I would run out of calories by the end of the day ... but then at the end of the day, I realized I had not used up all of my portions.

Anyway, I have had a much easier time of it since then!

I am on the red plan, no lites. I have LOTS to lose, but am really inspired!

My biggest challenge right now is that I travel for work occasionally (in fact, was out last week, will be out next week, and then again two weeks later). This creates a big issue when everything is catered. But I'm hanging in there!

My other challenge ... how much water is too much? I have really gotten to where I crave the water, and find myself drinking 10+ cups a day many days. The counselor I saw yesterday told me they didn't want me drinking so much, because it would cause me to retain water. I don't get how drinking more water is important to keep you from retaining water, but drinking too much causes you to retain? Any advice?

Erin

green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:14 PM   #1497  

I hope everyone is having a good day.
Mary...hoping you start feeling better very soon.
Deets...Congrats on the 132 dr. weigh in. I'm sure you are feeling great. I know what you mean about being down about body image etc. I agree that self worth is not about how much you weigh or how good you look, but when I was at goal before, I felt happier about the choices I made and that I was taking care of myself and trying to live a healthier life. With children, I'm also conscious of how much they are influenced by the things I do. For example, I really don't love water, but I've been drinking bottles and bottles on LAWL.. My kids usually complain about drinking water, but when they see me drinking it, they'll ask to have some.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:21 PM   #1498  
Katie

My DH got in big trouble with me this morning. After he got dressed, he comes into the kitchen complaining that his slacks were hung up yesterday a little damp. He told me that I need to get the laundry more dry before I take it out of the dryer. Now, it is true that I have PMS quite severely right now, (one of my daycare moms is gonna be lucky if she does not get the wrath when she shows up for her kids today, but that is a whole different rant!) but that comment from him really irritated me. I asked him who he supposes goes to all of the work to wash, dry, and hang his clothes. I pointed out that it is certainly not him, yet he absolutely never thanks me for all of the effort I put out on his behalf, but if there is ONE day, that ONE pair of pants feels DAMP, he thinks he has the right to jump in and tell me what I should be doing differently. So, of course, he says, "Well thank you. I do appreciate all that you do." Guess what, if I have to shame you into saying it, it does not count!
Old 01-31-2006, 03:22 PM   #1499  

Hi Erin,
I must admit drinking too much water is not a problem I have ever had, 10 cups doesn't sound like that much to me though. We are suppose to have 8 and with carb cravers they say more..

About eating out, or catered meals, try to have water or a lite before your meal, so you won't be starving and then look at what is offered and think about what they have that will fit in your plan. This plan can really work anywhere. I just have to take time to think about the right thing to order and change my habits from some of the things I might have ordered before LAWL (I have done this plan before and reached goal..I'm now working on losing some lbs. that I gained by falling into old habits)

We can do this
Old 01-31-2006, 03:24 PM   #1500  
Katie

Erin- My center said that I was drinking too much water too. They said that I could have 100 oz of water, plus my usual coffee in the morning and tea in the afternoon.