Old 01-30-2006, 01:31 PM   #1426  
PurpleSunshine

Mary - I'm so sorry you are going through this - I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers...
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 01:37 PM   #1427  

Hello Everyone!

I lost 1.7lbs over the weekend!

Mary so sorry that you are still having trouble, Hope you get to feeling better real soon.

Heather hope the strep and sinus junk are getting better today.

Let's all have a OP day and take it easy on ourselves for the little bumps in the road. Today is a new day and lets go forward from here.

I will be around!

Bernadette
thnknthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 01:38 PM   #1428  

Hey chicks! How is everyone doing??? Well its monday and lets just try to stay motivated! I just came back from the center and they told me if i wanted to get out of the bars I will lose weight slower! I bought two boxes and I will look for the on ebay! $30 a week on bars its kinda of too much... I didnt lose any weight over the weekend (i havent gone to the bathroom for 3 days)! I think my body is trying to get used to the radical change of habits! My head still hurts and TOM came to visit me today...maybe that is the reason why the scale has not moved over the weekend!

Hope everyone had a great weekend, and lets just try to get through the week once again!!!

I wish all of you a happy loss and a wonderful week!
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 01:47 PM   #1429  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolinMama
My name is Amy. I have no clue if I'm doing this right, but just happened upon this forum while googling *LA Lite Alternatives* - praying I'd come up with a CHEAPER product than the LA Lite bars ... and I DID! Thanks! As you can tell, I just joined LAWL. I'm starting at 160# (on a 5'4" frame) and want to get down to 130#. I've been there before with WW but it all came back. I've only been into LAWL to weigh twice and have lost 2 lbs in two days with the Take Off pgm. I go again on Tuesday evening, but am pretty confident that the scale will tell me what my jeans are already saying!! This diet works!

I am looking forward to gleaning from all of you who are experienced at this diet. I've already looked at the recipes thread and wonder if I should bother buying their cookbook since I can just come here for ideas. What do you all think?

Because I'm not sure how this forum works, do we all move to a different thread once February is here?? TIA for being here! Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Welcome Amy,
THis is a great place to get ideas, support, encouragement and to vent frustration sometimes. THe best part about this board is that everyone here can relate to your program and give you feedback, support etc.
I am close to where you are. I'm 5'6" and I'm shooting for 135.
I've been there before (somewhere in the middle of having three children)
You can do this, and you'll be glad you did. It takes patience and determination.
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 01:50 PM   #1430  

Julie Marie,
Wasn't it you that said you like the 20 min. Windsor Pilates workout?
Well, I tried that one this a.m. and I like it better than the accelerated body sculpting. THe music isn't even quite as space age sounding, and I love the fact I can do it in 20 min.
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 02:00 PM   #1431  
PurpleSunshine

Bernadette - Congrats on the 1.7 loss - that is wonderful!!
Rebeca -Hopefully once TOM is gone - you will see a loss!!

My scale moved for the first time this morning in over a week!!! I was down 1 lb to 164.5!!! I've been waiting on that since like Thursday - geez, oh where have you been 164?? hehehe, isn't it funny how we just love to see the scale move one lb!!!??? I''m hoping the work scale will have me down by weds too - trying to win the big $$$$!!!!
I can't wait to see the 150's now - it has been so far away for so long......this is pre excitement!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 02:02 PM   #1432  

OK - I'm posting to see if my ticker comes across to everyone!! Sheenia (sp?), I'm not ignoring your questions ... I had a reply almost finished and my PC turned itself off!! Ugh! Technology!! I'll get to ya!
HomeschoolinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 02:03 PM   #1433  

Ugh!! So what am I doing wrong?? I pasted the text in from tickerfactory.com, but the text is ALL that shows up! HELP!!
HomeschoolinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 02:14 PM   #1434  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Hello everyone! Peeking in and saying hello! Things are still very hectic around here.

Welcome to all the NEWBIES!!!

I miss you all and hope that everyone is having POP weeks!

Beanie
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 02:25 PM   #1435  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hey Beanie! Miss you too!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 02:31 PM   #1436  
NASCAR Chick

S/C/G: 181/177.6/???/124

Height: 5'4"

Well, I haven't been around for quite a while. Prior to Christmas I got discouraged with my centre again and haven't been back since. I guess they don't miss me either since I have not received a phone call like I was told I was.

I am not sure why, but I can't get over the fact that I signed up for the rebate program (therefore, paid quite a bit more) and only 3 days later found out that I had to pay another $1+ thousand to buy the lites and get the guaranteed 2 lbs. per week and qualify for the rebate. I think that the program works (you all are proof of that), but I feel ripped off. I am considering sending an email to the Better Business Bureau as a step to ensure that others don't feel this way. I know that some of you have felt this way too - any ideas of how I can leave it behind me? As soon as I found out that I had been dupped (sp?) I asked to change the program to the non-rebate one and was told that I could not receive a refund for the difference.

I have started following the program again (today is day 1). Hopefully I can get over the dishonesty of the centre and focus on achieving my goals.

Thanks for listening. I will ensure future posts are more positive!

Suzanne
Bobby18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 02:37 PM   #1437  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Bobby - I am sorry you feel dupped actually you are not alone. A lot of people have complained to various BBB about LAWL practices. There are lots of sites with negative comments. I read them all BEFORE I signed up and still decided to do the program. Most people have decided that not doing the bars in the long run saves them more money than the rebate itself. Maybe you could recoup some of your loss on the bars by reselling them on ebay!! just a thought!

I too hope you can move past that part and focus on the part of the diet that DOES work! I know that it works! Hang in there!

Beanie
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 02:56 PM   #1438  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Heather happy to hear your feeling better. You did good in trying to make the right choices over the weekend, even though you weren't feeling good. Congrats on the weight loss.

Mary so sorry to hear your still in so much pain I will definitely keep you in my prayers. You've been really strong through all this and if the Dr's do have to preform surgery do know that you are in all of our thoughts and prayers.

Shennie happy to hear your scale is moving again. It has to be so frustrating when you are doing everything right and it still doesn't show a loss.

Bernadette your doing really good keep making those wise choices.

Fiona happy to hear you received a lot of emails hope they bring you more business.

Marisa I know the weekends can be the hardest I totally agree with you. Do know the longer you are on the program the easier it will come. I hope your WI is better then what you think it will be, yes let us know how you do.

Julie thanks for sharing your thoughts as it does help to try and not beat our selves up to much if were not seeing a loss.

Juliemarie congrats on your weight loss also. You have been doing really good.

Katie good luck on POP today and not giving in to a big choc binge. go get you massage so you will feel better

Welcomes go out to all the new people on board.

I went and weighed in this morning and was so happy that I lost 2.2 lbs guess making those better choices over the weekend helped.

I had mentioned that Friday I asked them about the lites and they told me 5 boxes would be now $124 and I mentioned that I had paid $99 when I started and couldn't justify now paying $124, well today they sold them to me for the $99 price said they had to ask the manager. I do like them much better then the Privas I tried that will now give those to my husband

Hope all of you are having a great Monday!
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 03:00 PM   #1439  
Katie

Height: 5'1

You know, my center did not do the visit where they try to get you buy the bars in bulk with any of my family.

Suzanne- Sorry you are feeling this way. I agree that this a bad practice, and very wrong. However, you can turn it into a great experience by following the plan, and getting your moneys worth in lasting weight loss.

Beanie- I tattled to my center about your center, and your cousin in the wheelchair. They said that they were not suprised, but that they had better be helping her weigh, of give her money back. She did say that they have a had a few clients in wheelchairs who could not stand, and they go to the hospital to WI, then to the center, but what a hassle.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 03:06 PM   #1440  

Hi Suzanne: I feel exactly the same way. I was not told about the price of the lites till three days later and feel they were purposefully not telling me till I had signed up. And they they pretty well twisted my arm saying I would not get a rebate if I didn't buy $1,000. worth of the bars, and I could not buy them by the week.
It really hindered my weight loss for awhile because I was so angry, and since I quit using the bars, and only use the soup, I am finally seeing a little weight loss. Also I quit weighing three times a week, and went to once a week weigh-in and twice a week counseling and that has helped too.

Rosie
Roses4me is offline   Reply With Quote