Old 02-28-2005, 04:34 PM   #1  

Default LAWL & Friends - March 2005

I'm starting this now so that we don't forget before tomorrow gets here! See you all HERE tomorrow!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 02:55 AM   #2  

HEY CHICKIES!

I'M BACK! Sorry I've been MIA...the wedding details are stressing me out! 26 days to go! I can't wait til the day after when we can relax and enjoy our time in Vegas.

How's everyone doing? Anything new going on?

Fiona - Did DH get the job? How's real-estate going?

Welcome to all the Newbies! I will eventually read the tons of posts I've missed and get to know you gals!

I haven't been to the center since the 18th and I am forcing myself to go WI tomorrow. Who knows what the scale will say, BUT I'm getting really close to the One-derland! YEAH...almost there!

I was on eBay yesterday and almost bought one of those Ab-Doers...Anyone ever try one of those? I thought I could sit on it when I'm watching my shows...by the way did any of you watch "The Bachelorette"???? I can't believe she turned both of the guys down! I thought for sure she was into Jerry...Didn't care much for John Paul.

"Skinny Vibes To All"

Talk to you all later!

Diane
Bride2Be_Diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 05:13 AM   #3  

OK Chickies!

I just finished reading over 20 pages and I'm pooped! Here's a couple things on my mind before I head off to bed:

Julie - Congrats on making it to "Onederland"! I'm right behind you!

Fiona - HAPPY BIRTHDAY and CONGRATS on DHs new job! Good Luck with choosing the new car! Who get's to drive it? It sounds like it would make a nice real-estate car!

Welcome Athena, Kimmy, Hoosierchick & Jennifer T! and Welcome Back Melissa!

Star - love you little verse on carb diets...I've been meaning to learn another language, just looking for that scientific proof that it would be better for my health!

Diane
Bride2Be_Diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 06:56 AM   #4  
BAS
BAS

Good Morning Diane - glad your back. THe wedding will be great and don't wish it to be over too soon - It will be gone before you know it - just try to enjoy every single beautiful moment.

20 pages - wow - when I get home I usually have three or four and its hard to remember everything. But you'll catch up.

Found the exercise yard last night too - great job Star!

Karen I assume your peddling away this morning??

Just wanted to say good morning to everyone - I'll be back tonight. Have a great OP day and/or WI.

Hugs to all.
BAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 08:05 AM   #5  

Well, the snow was not as bad as they predicted so far, only had 4-5 inches of snow overnight, and it wasn't windy - so made it to work like a normal day. More snow expected all week. TG for snowblowers and the great job the DPW snowplows. How did you BAS and Starlynn make out? Looks like parts of both states are getting snow as well. Have a great day and I'll check back later. Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 08:11 AM   #6  
191.8/168.2/160

I wish we had gotten some snow. All it did was rain here.
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 08:43 AM   #7  

Good morning, chicks!

Weight this AM is 196 - I guess the 194 was just a mirage. But that's still 1 down from 197, so only 7 more to go for March! Also having lunch with ex-work buddies today, and it's Thai, so I'll have to be careful . . They have these wonderful Mango daquiries - which I'll just ignore - this time.

Diane/bridezilla - I was just wondering how you were! Your wedding is SO close. Which hotel are you staying in?

Sy - our projected 10 inches of snow turned out to be 4 or 5 - still pretty to look at. I am also so tired of cold weather. I want to have the windows OPEN. I want the days to be LONG. Sounds like you had a great workout yesterday. Is your workout buddy someone you know from work?

Beverly - just a thought, but have you tried to log how many calories you're taking in - try fitday, for example? You may not be eating enough, considering what I've read on the Beachbody sites - especially since you're working out so much. You shouldn't go below 1200, and maybe you should bump it up to 1500?

Fiona - it's getting close! How are you doing on the Self logging? I must admit, haven't logged one workout yet but have hopes for today.

Jennifer - let us know how you're doing.

Michelle - how are you, chickie?

Hugs to all, and stay warm (and POP)
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 09:41 AM   #8  

Morning chicks!

Well, today is a brand new day and a brand new month! NO cheating starting today! I've already had breakfast and I'm going to fill up my water now....there.

Diane, hi! We missed you! You know what's funny? I didn't have that running around crazy sensation about my wedding until the morning of! I was kind of looking forward to it, but I guess my mom and I pulled everything together too well, because for the last two months before the big day, there was nothing to do! But don't do what I did and realize at 7 a.m. on THE DAY that you don't have programs, or have the woman scheduled to do your hair be a complete moron so that you have to have it completely done over by a different stylist and hold up your entire wedding party by an hour..oy!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 09:53 AM   #9  

Default Morning Chicks.....

Sy - We have 4 inches of snow and about 3 or 4 more on the way

Tam- :snf: I'm sending you some snow.....do me a favor and take it all

Needless to say this weather isn't good for the sale of our house

Bridezilla - Hey girl, I was wondering where you were. Was kinda looking for your story on Forensic Files, "Bridezilla MIA - Suspect Future Groom".....
Looks like you are doing good with your weight! Oh how was your shower?

Bev -Too bad we don't live closer,our DGD's, who are the same age,, could play and have tea parties, you could bake and I could eat Aren't they fun at this age. Speaking of babies, I bought all 3 of my GB's easter baskets yesterday. I know it is alittle early, but I saw one that was a Nascar basket and had to get that for David before they were gone, so I picked up the girls ones too......

Julie - Just wanted to say have a great lunch and congrats on that 196 weight - you rock chick! Oh and have one Mango daquiries for me okay?

Rusty - Are you under supervision today Come out and play when you can.....

Tam - Do you live in NC? We are talking about a bike trip to NC in May with DH's cousin. They go there once a year, thru the Blue Ridge Mountains? I would love to go but already have two trips planned, don't know if my boss would let me have three

Later Chickies........
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 10:49 AM   #10  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Someone asked how i'm doing and i'm a tad embarrassed, again i let things get to me, got negative and just felt so defeated. But i made myself go to WI last night, thought i should just go face it and be accountable and i was down.... Again, i learned a lesson, guess i'm a slow learner though. So i'm back on track, trying to change my attitude.......Going to do measurements next WI, curious if it's changed, will try to check in and post individually maybe at lunch.
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 11:31 AM   #11  
191.8/168.2/160

Star - yes I do live in NC. I live in the Raleigh area. The mountains are nice, especially in May, good temp.

Did anyone else buy the new plan?

I got my hand slapped yesterday for having a Steak and a sweet potato during the same meal. She said "I know the plan says you can do that, but try not to ok?"

What the heck is the new plan for then? jeeezz
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 11:40 AM   #12  

Tammy - You should have said "I'm practicing what LA preaches with the NEW PLAN" Your right, that makes NO SENSE
Counslors
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 12:28 PM   #13  

Tams, you must have not had anything to eat today or the Green Plan is making you dilerious because I thought that I read that you wished you had snow? You can have all of ours too! Tams, my only thinking about the center's comments are that because you are so close to your goal - they are offering suggestions on what to do to get there quicker? And, so old habits are hard to break (I'm sure some enjoy scolding us for our minor slips of their plan and I agree that some things don't make sense at all). One thing that still blows me away is that we can buy LA Snacks and eat them everyday for every starch and no scolding (anyone in their right mind and who can read knows that they are chock full of sodium, fat and about 110 to 120 calories a bag). Then, if others on the plan that don't choose to buy the snacks can (as an example) only have 2 slices of diet bread in 1 day, count that as 2 starches (which equals 80 calories). Hummm? Keep your chin up and don't listen to all they have to say. Our common sense has to blow them off when they are being unreasonable. Hey Tam, where you down again at WI? You are inching your way to goal!

Julie: I have never heard of a Mango Daquiry, it sounds so good! I think mangos are my favorite fruit! Have a nice lunch! How is the shoulder feeling?

Diane/Bride: Nice you see you back. Wow, almost wedding day. Hope you make it to One-der-land before walking down the isle! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Hey, where is Karen and aag118 today? Isn't it funny that I can sometimes only remember the screen names. Sorry Athena!

Star: Where do you have your trips planned for? I think you mentioned 1 was Flordia - and where is the second one? I want to go on vacation so badly!

Fiona: Your right, new month - good luck! Don't we all need that! LOL! Did you make it to the gym yet?

Mitchy: Glad your back on track, that's 1/2 the battle! Good luck at WI and measurements!

Hugs to all, and sorry if I missed anyone. Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 12:29 PM   #14  
234/165.8/160

Tammy- I had the opposite reaction at my center, that I wasn't using enough former limited and mixing things. They told me completely ignore the old way of doing things...so strange how the centers differ by so much. I get the feeling that my center is corporate, but not quite sure why I think that. Do you think it matters whether they are corporate or franchises?

I felt the sales pitch a little last week about doing Take-off...I was up a bit on Monday from my bad girl weekend, but back to old weight on wed and down another 1.4 pounds on Friday and both Wed and Fri I got the push to do take off, even though i was losing...whatever.

I've been busy but have managed to keep up with the posts, just haven't written...wishing all of you a POP on day!

Jen

PS Anyone notice the new avatar...I finally hit the 50lb mark on Monday :-)
auditgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 12:44 PM   #15  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Woo hoo Jen, kudos for hitting your 50lb mark!
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote