Old 03-01-2005, 12:48 PM   #16  

Sy - I'm going on to Calif in April for a week. Meeting up with high school girlfriends (cheerleaders), there are 6 of us that meet yearly. Fun time - eating, drinking. laughing, dancing and yacking......Can't wait!
Then for July 4th we are going to Park City, Utah for a family reunion, on my first husbands side. It will just be his sister and her family and my family,we were always like sisters and still are. That is gonna be awesome. One year I want to go for the Sundance Film Festival....she goes every year. That is their second home, they live in Sugarland, Texas.
So I'm not sure about the trip in May??? But sure would like to go.....oh and we have a condo in Orlando, but won't be going this year.
Jen - WOW - you are awesome!!! FIFTY POUNDS is so much and you are close to goal. So that's how you do it huh???? Please send me some of your skinny vibes!!
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 12:54 PM   #17  

Default Jen -

This party is for Jen.........
Old 03-01-2005, 01:10 PM   #18  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Hey Chicks! Glad to see that March is starting off so good for so many of us. All this talk about snow in inches and all we are getting is flurries lol. Nothing new as far as WI goes i go tomorrow for that but did weigh this morning on my scale and was down 1 lb from the day before crossing my fingers that this trend continues. I want to lose a total of 2 lbs for this week and was down .5 on monday so 1.5 to go. (crossing fingers) I promise im trying to be a good girl! Im leaving to go get lunch for my father and myself in a few minutes. Then this afternoon i need to make out a grocery list to do some shopping on the way home! We totally have nothing in the fridge that i would eat lol mold isnt a good thing is it!

Fiona - your post made me stop and go fill up my glass of water! So now i have almost two bottles down for the day.

Diane - welcome back and keep up the good work you will be in Onederland before you know it. (give me a little bit more time and i plan to join all you gals in onderland)

Julie - have fun at lunch i dont think i have had Thai food before but in the new little binder part of the new plan (cant remember if you have it) there is a suggestion page for Thai food. So here are a few quick tips just in case you read this before you go to lunch lol.....Also great job on 196 im so jealous!
Yes No
Pad Thai w/Chicken or Shrimp Curry Beef
White Rice Mee-Krob
Chicken Ginger Todd Mun Chicken
Chicken Satay Crispy Taro Root
Cashew Shrimp w/veggies Whole fish, deep fried
Hope those help some of you

Michele - Congrats on being down and being able to adjust your attitude. I just did the same thing and its such a great feeling!

Tammy - I think if you do that every now and then its not gonna be a big deal just ignore them they always have to have something to be picky about.

Jen - congrats and that avitar looks so good on you.

Hey to all the other chicks!

Well i think i better run dad is getting hungry so i have to go find something "healthy" for us to have for lunch can anyone say chicken??? LMAO anywho ill check back later!!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{skinny vibes}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 01:13 PM   #19  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Star, are you originally from CA? Where? That's where i am from too. I'm suppose to meet up with 3 other girls from highschool in May to celebrate our big birthday, but not sure finances will allow me to go... Hope you have a great time.
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 01:34 PM   #20  
191.8/168.2/160

Congrats Jenn!!!! That is awesome.

Yeah, these counselors kill me. This is the same one the other day that told me I need to be on the PURPLE plan to get these last 8 lbs off and that I was drinking too much water.

I flat out told her last week that if I didn't start losing more than 1 lb a week, that I would take my butt out the door and never come back!

I don't think we get along, can you tell?

Oh yeah, at my last weigh in I was down a whole .8lbs for the week. wow
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 01:38 PM   #21  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Tammy, i get what you are saying, but i also think you did well being down .8 for the week. If you gained that every week you'd be up 3.2 or 4 lbs for the month! Think of it that way and some say that a slow steady loss is better. I'm just saying that ofcourse we always want it to be more, but .8 lb is an accomplishment.
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 01:52 PM   #22  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hello Everyone,
I don't have alot of time to play right now but I will in just a few hours. Everyone is flying to NC for a meeting and I'll be here holding down the fort for the next few days.
I weighed in this morning at 169 so that puts me down 6 pounds for January and 1.4 for February. Not real good but atleast it's going down. I'll have to post this over in the March Goal thread. I'm also still doing the bike and ultra track. Can you believe it. I'll post more about that in the "Yard" later.
I just wanted to say hi to everyone and congratulations to all the losers. WTG. I'll be back later.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 02:05 PM   #23  

Hello Ladies,

I walked a little over 3 miles yesterday at the gym, and that kicked my butt . I was all over the place yesterday, so I never got to post again. I went to WI yesterday and I was down .2, I was happy with that after my slip with the CC, I thought for sure I would be up. When I went into the center yesterday there was a new counselor, she is great, I really liked her, she told me not to do a carb cravers everyday. I was eating a ham sandwich everyday at lunch, she said I will lose more if I don't eat that everyday. The scale at home is being so nice to me today, it says 214, of course that will probably change by tomorrow. The kids and I over slept today and so they are home with me (we didn't get up til 10AM, bad Mommy) and they are in rare form today, fighting so bad.

Michele- WTG on the loss ! Glad you are back on track and not feeling bad anymore!

Britt- Congrats on your loss! Got my fingers for you!

Star- for the compliments on the kids names. When I was pregnant with Casen I just didn't care much for any of the boy names and wanted something a little different. Went to HS with a guy and his last name was Cason, so I thought that is a nice name and just changed the spelling. I decided in 8th grade I would name my daughter Taylor... , way to plan ahead. My DH's sister's name is La Ree' and we named her Taylor La Ree' after her. If Casen would've been a girl that's what we were going to name her, it just happened a few years later instead. DSIL just had her 2nd boy and named him Benjamin after DH, he is thrilled about it!! Sorry I am rambling.

Jen- YAY!! That is GREAT 50 lbs

Sy- I am here, just running a little slow today ! Glad you didn't get completly dumped with snow !

Hi to everyone else and my apologies if I forgot anyone!

Hope you are all having a good day,
aag118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 02:26 PM   #24  
191.8/168.2/160

MIchele - Thanks for the encouragement, but you have to remember girlfriend, I"m on the GREEN PLAN!!! aka the NO food plan. I think I should have lost more than .8lbs.

But yes, it is a loss.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:02 PM   #25  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Ok girls i have a quick opinion question that has nothing to do with LAWL. I have just recently started scrapbooking and I am thinking about doing it part time on the side to earn some extra money. Do any of you think there is a need or want to have scrapbooks done "professionally"? I want to start out slowly of couse since i do go to school and work full time but just kind of wanted to see what you guys thought. Any ideas or input would be helpful.

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 03:04 PM   #26  

Michele,

No I was born in TN, parents moved us to MI when I was 5. Married, moved to Phoenix, AZ, New Mexico and then Texas for 16 years. Moved back to MI in 91. My girlfriends (3 of them) moved to CA. We move the reunion around, but usually it is here in MI becuz everyone has family here, since we all went to high school here. This year it will be really special becuz of the location. Thanks for asking.

Tam - What is the difference between the Green and the Gold plans? You seem to be alittle frazzled, maybe you need more food.

Rusty - your workout plan sounds great. The main thing is that your back with it! Hurry and come play......way to go with your loss to chickie..

Athena - You aren't rambling, it is called chick talk and we all do it. Besides I am really into picking babies names, I love all that stuff.

I'm gonna go and do some work...be back later......HUGS
Old 03-01-2005, 03:13 PM   #27  

Britt,
Scrapbooking? I think it is a beautiful thing. You can start at my house, I have boxes and boxes of pictures, some were my moms - going back to 1930's. Just to get them organized prior to putting them in simple photo albums is a huge job.
About paying an outside source to do it for me? The only concern I would have is would you lose that "inside" information that only family members know? Or is that a silly question (since I don't scrapbook)? And how much money would you make for one book?
Old 03-01-2005, 03:53 PM   #28  

Britt - I'm not sure about putting scrapbooks together for other people - like Star said, there's the chance you'll lose some of the purpose - capturing the stories that go along with the pictures - along the way. Have you thought about something like becoming a Creative Memories consultant? The company was featured in a business magazine we get at work, which has been sitting on my desk unread for a week, which is what made me think of it. Or, a related idea may be to become a "scrapbooking tutor" to poor souls like myself who would love to do it but feel utterly lacking in the creative arts.

Okay, who knew that buying a car could be so darn complicated?!? Every time I think I've made up my mind about one, another car salesman calls me up to tell me about "the great deal they just got in!" It's getting ridiculous! Then there's the guy who is determined to sell me a car $2000 over my price range. Sheesh!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 03:56 PM   #29  

Britt,

I scrapbook and I LOVE it! DH gets so scared anytime I am anywhere near a scrapbook store ! He is always saying "Athena, why don't you open up a sticker store? You have so many." I love the stickers, and I can spend some serious $ on them too. I don't think my scrapbooks are anything too elaborate, my DSIL gets really into it and makes tiny little pieces of clothing and etc to go on pages. I think people would probably pay for it. Star's question was great about the personal stuff, maybe you could come up with a questionaire or something to go along with the pages, so that all of that is included in the scrapbook. I journal on my pages and I love that there is so much info for people to read. I think it is going to be a great thing to pass along, and unlike my kid pics and albums that my Mom gave me, in my scrapbooks there is writing about what was taking place, etc. I have many friends ask me to do a scrapbook for them and said they'd pay me for materials and the work that goes into it. But I have never done it for anyone, I usually just get them into it and show them what I have done and how. For many reasons, but mainly cause I want them to have what they want, my taste is quite different from some of my friends.

I have a very dear friend in NC who when I was moving from there to here, made me a scrapbook, she covered the front with red fabric (red is my fav color) and then she did the first page with "Fun facts about Washington" and put all kinds of facts, like the population and she added 8 people because I moved here with my family and then my Best friend and her family moved here a few months before me.
Then she made me 2 pages one is with OU football stuff, the other is with a boom box and she drew little cassette tapes because I like OLD music. She did one page for DS with all of his favs like a playstation controller that she cut out and drew on, yu-gi-oh stickers, and some of his sayings. She did the same on DD's page (she is very talented and can draw), my DD is known for running around without shoes on, so she drew dirty little feet, and she drew little snacks like a soda can, popcorn bag and she put "Can I have a snack" because that is so Taylor, she also drew little garden things cause Tay helped her plant her garden and on both of the kids pages she put stuff and a little robot about the song "Mr. Roboto" that was the song she played with the kids in the car in the mornings on the way to school. On DH's page she put up a bunch of surf boards (DH is a surfer in his free time) that she had made with paper and she then drew different things on each surf board, like one has "Special Forces" cause DH is in SF and one says "Bum" cause he always says he wants to move to the beach, live in a shack, surf all day, and be a bum. On each page she wrote personal things to each of us. Then the rest of the album is blank so I could document our move.

It was a LONG trip that we drove and we stopped to see friends and family along the way, so I can fill it up with all the pics I took. I haven't started it yet, cause I am finishing a small one for my Mom that she can take to work of the kids first. It is my most prized and special scrapbook, I love it! It is so beautiful and she added so much of all of us individually. So maybe those things she did will help you some and you can always make special ones like she did for family and friends.

Hope this helps some and sorry I wrote a novel about it

Last edited by aag118; 03-01-2005 at 04:03 PM.
aag118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 03:57 PM   #30  
191.8/168.2/160

Star - the difference between the green and gold plan is 1 less fruit and 1 less veggie.

I think the portion sizes for the chicken is about 2 oz less also.

I am frazzled. I just entered what I have eaten today on the website www.fitday.com
and most of my food consisted of CARBS!!!! The LA lites is a big culprit!

I don't get it.