3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Roll call! (bio's) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/53792-roll-call-bios.html)

Riverratsal 01-28-2008 03:53 PM

:dizzy:
Hi Everyone, I am from Arkansas. I am 52 years old, have grown children and love to cook. I am in LAWL right now and am having a hard time coming up with interesting recipes. This web site is helping alot.
I work in an accountants office part time. I have my husband on a diet also. He has lost twice as twice as much as I have. And he drinks lots of beer! It sucks....
I am starting to get very frustrated because I keep hitting plateus. I have decided I have no metabolism!LOL

I joined LAWL this summer and the weight seems to be creeping off!!
180/168/155

Any suggestions?

PolarBear2008 02-01-2008 12:25 PM

Hey Everyone,

I have posted a couple of times on the other threads but thought I should introduce myself.

My name is Kimberly, Live in Canada
I have been struggling with my weight for almost 8 years. I have lost and gained all before (you know the drill). This is the last chance. I have to get the weight off.

I re-joined LAWL on January 31 and am starting LA Express today. Well trying to. It will take a lot of adjustment.

I look forward to chatting with all of you and supporting.

I can't wait until I can have a custom signature like the rest of you!!

ChefsGirl 02-01-2008 05:48 PM

Hi –

I’m Jill. I just turned 32 on New Year's Eve. I've lived in the Des Moines, Iowa area for most of my life and am surrounded by friends and family. I have a degree in Finance from Drake University and am a Senior Financial Analyst at a major insurance brokerage. I love my job.

I’ve been engaged to a wonderful man for the last 3 years. He is also 32, a few weeks older than me. He and my mother are my main supporters through my weight loss journey and every day I thank God that I have him. He is a chef and spent some time studying in France. Whenever the whole food preparation thing gets too much, I just hand my food journal over to him and he’ll take care of it for me. It’s like having a personal chef. I keep saying that this is how Oprah must’ve done it.

We don’t have kids yet, but want them in the very near future. Right now we are just spoiling our 2 labrador retrievers rotton. We have a purebred chocolate lab named Harry and a black lab named Jed that we rescued from a local shelter. They are huge, crazy and the loves of my life. We also have 4 cats.

I love live music, traveling, reading and dancing. I enjoy spending time alone at home just as much as I do going out w/ my friends.

I was always thin, beautiful and active growing up. I actually used to be a dancer. Around my mid-twenties I was in a bad relationship and apparently just quit caring about myself. I’m still working on figuring out what exactly happened. Since I was 21 I’ve put on 230+ pounds. Totally out of control.

I’ve done every single diet out there. Most of them a couple of times. I have never felt as energized and satisified as I have on LAWL. I really believe that this is it for me and I’m thrilled. I can’t wait to get my life back.

JLem311 02-01-2008 10:48 PM

welcome, Jill. :)

i'm Jillian, by the way! :)

Chimelle 02-05-2008 12:34 PM

Hi everyone Former LAWL Counselor here

Hi Everyone,

My name is Michelle I am 26 and I used to be a LAWL Counselor in Watuga TX. I live in Dallas, TX and work as an Admin assitant. I have put on some weight since I left and am at a desk job all the time. I want to lose 20lbs by my wedding and I know this program works because I have done it. I am here not only for support,but to help other in their journey. We can do it!:)

BarbaraB 02-08-2008 04:43 PM

Welcome Michelle, Please don't take any comments about counselors being clueless personally. I'm sure that you were one of the good ones!

ChiTownMo 02-12-2008 07:18 PM

Hello All!

I'm Maureen and I just joined the site today. I was all psyched to join LA Weight Loss Centers and then discovered that they no longer exist in my area (Chicago). The three closest centers remain closed to this day??

All is not lost however, as I was able to find someone selling the plan(s) online. My copy was delivered via email 2 weeks ago and I have been following the eating plan..I'll be honest...sort of.

So far, I have managed to lose some weight, which has motivated me to start following the plan religiously.

I finally met the man I am supposed to spend the rest of my life with last year (at age 38) and we will be getting married this July! I would very much like to be down at least 40 pounds by then. Can anyone tell me if I am being too unrealistic with this? As I am doing this on my own (without a center nearby I do not have access to any counselors, assistance, guidance, etc) I am unsure what realistic expectations are. I would hope 2 pounds per week is not out of the realm of possibility.

My fiance and I joined Cardinal Fitness and are going M-F at 5:30AM. The exercise plan for me is to do carido (either treadmill or elliptical) each day for 30 minutes and then on 3 days add strenth training for 30 minutes and on the other 2, stay on cardio for the full hour.

Ultimately I would like to get down to a manageable weight, which for me personally (at my age and body type) is 150-55.

Best of luck to all of you who have started your own journey! May we all get to where we are going without forgetting where we've been!

Mo

Tuesday Cool 02-12-2008 09:49 PM

You have come to the right place. I have been on the plan with out a center for the last two months and have done just fine. This forum has been invaluable for me. Giving me a place to discuss my fears, hopes and just plan nuttiness (plenty of crazy here). That said, are you sure that at 5'7" 150 is not too low? I am 5'8" and not planning on getting even close to that. But for me a maintainable weight is my only goal. I do not want to yo-yo.
Well anyway read through the postings. Ask lost of questions. Good luck. Maztsel tov.

joylove26 02-14-2008 02:08 PM

I just wanted to introduce myself and, hopefully, you will not mind if I join in here. My name is Joyce. I am 35 years old and have 3 boys, a 13 year old and a 10 month old. I am a teacher and live in Florida.

I’ve done LAWL on and off for a couple years now. I start losing good, then sabotage myself and go off plan. Now, I’ve had another baby and am determined to finally get rid of all my extra weight now. It is something I have to do for my health. I’m hoping to find the support here that I need to finally be successful.

My starting weight on 1/7/08 was 267, my long term goal is 150, my 1st mini goal is 240 (only 10 more lbs to go on that one…yay), and my current weight is 250.

If you have any questions about me feel free to ask. I look forward to getting to know all of you.

green0923 02-18-2008 01:16 PM

Back on track and ready to go!

Hi, everyone! My name is Erin. I'm a 33-year-old mother of 2. I work full time and have a fabulous hubby who stays home with our 2 little ones (ages 5 and almost 3).

I joined this forum 2 years ago, when I lost 100 lbs on LAWL. It was great! The weight fell off me, and I was very happy. But I had a few problems: (1) I ate the same thing day in and day out. I didn't mix up foods, so I found myself getting bored, and when I went off plan, I REALLY went off plan. (2) I became pregnant -- surprise! I ended up losing the pregnancy at close to 5 months. It was a shock, and I was totally depressed. So I binged, and binged. Here I am, 6 months later, almost back to my highest weight. I gained all but 7 lbs back out of that 100, and it came in FAST and furious!

I'm ready though! I'm back on track and starting again. I'm excited to have the support of all of you, and am looking forward to making new friends (and possibly rekindling some older friendships if any stragglers are around).

starofsorrow 02-20-2008 06:35 PM

Hello! My name is Tracy, I was referred to here from the newbie thread. =)

I'm 24 years old, no boyfriend (yet....two possible interests, yay?), and I have been overweight most of my life. I'm also deaf, to boot! I'm a, well, you could say I'm a full-time college student, even though I'm taking part-time (really, it's only because I'm graduating this May, and have no other classes other than two I need to graduate!).

I've been overweight since I was roughly about 12 years old, and as a result, I wince visbly at the words 'diet'.....which is understandable, I suppose. =) I joined LAWL because I was curious about it, and I decided to give it a go when my counselor talked to me about how she lost a lot of weight on it (I think she lost about 100), and how she still needs to go on a bit longer, as well but she's happy about her health, and her success with LAWL. To be honest, I'm still a bit nervous, I've only been on the day 2 of the Takeoff plan, and I'm already feeling lightheaded and headachey (Blood sugar issues, maybe?), and I've had to slightly deviate from the plan to push the blood sugar back up so I could get through the day.

My main motivation for the LAWL is to be smaller than what I was when I entered college when I graduate....which isn't really possible because I've gained oh, probably about 40 pounds, and I'm not too sure if I can lose that much before I graduate in May! Overall, my goal weight is 125 lbs, so I've got a very long journey ahead of me!

I'm not taking the LA Lites (broke college student), so I'm pretty much on the "real food" plan, if I understand it right. I can't tell what color plan I'm on because I've never done this before, and since I'm only on day 2.....so yeah.

Nice to meet y'all here!!!

Dan2112 02-21-2008 09:58 AM

Hi Tracy! Welcome to the group... I think you'll find there's a lot of support here. If you ever have any questions, just fire away..

General discussion takes place in the "Losers and Friends" topic thread, so be sure to post early and post often!!

Glad you're here!

kennedy5672 02-21-2008 07:43 PM

A Little Bit About ME...

I live in Northern New Jersey. I am a married female who will be 34 years old this coming April 2008. I have one brilliant child who is the apple of my eye. I work full-time and I go to school part-time.

I have had fantastic results on the LAWL plan a couple of years ago. Of course over the years I let stress get the best of me so I gained the 75 pounds I lost and added another additional 50 pounds (yes I double checked that I typed in these numbers correctly :dizzy:). I am restarting on the plan on my own of course (LAWL Offices are no longer around) and I have kept all my information/paperwork. I am very much looking forward to creating and getting to know the new me and sharing the very best of me with everyone I know.

Dan2112 02-27-2008 12:18 AM

Welcome Kennedy! You can do it and we can help! Glad you're here and we look forward to hearing from you!

kennedy5672 02-27-2008 03:03 PM

Thank you "DAN2112" for the big WELCOME. I am going to log in everyday and make the most out of this forum. I used to belong to a center some time ago but of course stopped going. Now there are no centers around here in NJ to go to even if I wanted to.

It may sound lame -- but I am happy to be here. I am happy to be able to chat with others who are following the same diet plan. People who are able to answer my questions about food and hitting plateus. I can actually scream off the top of my lungs on this forum and say yes "I AM ON A DIET" and get respect, space and consideration.

It is so hard dealing with people who say things like:
"That's all your having" or "You can cheat one day, it won't kill you" or "Are you going to eat that plain without sauce, gravy or dressing" or "My plan is better than yours in which they .... blah, blah, blah" or KNOW IT ALLs who say "You should give me the money and I will put you on a Plan".

I hope you are laughing at this point because yes it can be aggravating and humorous at the same time. I tend to have silly prolonged outrageous sometimes heated discussions as to why I can't eat foods that are not on this plan. I even went as far as to trying to make friends with the people who also go to the center that I meet in the waiting room but they either are stuck up (ha, ha, ha) or do not want to take it serious.

But thanks very much for the WELCOME :D I see you have worked hard in your weightloss journey and I hope to be just as successful as you.