3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Roll call! (bio's) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/53792-roll-call-bios.html)

babylice 12-08-2007 05:46 AM

Hello,
I have been on LAWL since October 3, 2007. I have currently lost 15.56 pounds. Some days I feel great about my weightloss, some days I wish it was more. A friend suggested this site to me, because she said that it will keep me motivated to discuss topics with individuals going through the same experiences. I read a lot of the topics, frustrations, and joys. I did feel motivated and have decided to post. If there is any advice that you all can give, it would be much appreciated.

Here are my stats:

Start 230/ Current 214.8/ Goal 165

jamiam 12-09-2007 02:51 PM

Hi I'm Julie and live in Des Moines, IA. I turned 50 in Sept but don't I don't look older than 40. I've had both my thin years and fat years. I gained 15 lbs when I first started dating my current boyfriend. When the scales hit 158 I freaked out and joined LA on a whim (I drove past it every day on my way home). My boyfriend is very supportive and celebrates each lb lost with me. Although, he thinks I'm perfect just the way I was, I wasn't happy. I have a 14 year son that I've raised since he was a baby by myself. I recently finished my batchelor's degree graduating Magna Cum Laude. Again with the support of my boyfriend.

My goal is 137 (my home scale) but I told the center I wanted to lose 30 lbs. I weighed in on their scale at 162 (but in the afternoon).

My boyfriend and I recently decided to move in together - it'll probably be a few months since he has a house to sell. Between us, we have 3 dogs and a cat. We are going on a cruise in March and I really want to look good laying in the sun by the pool. I know I'll never wear a bikini since I've had 2 surgeries that basically cut my stomach muscles down the middle.

That's me in a nutshell.

bunnylubber13 12-16-2007 10:30 PM

Hey everyone,

Im 19, from Kelowna, BC. I just joined LAWL in October. I guess you could say that for me, time is my biggest issue. Sugar-free soy lattes have become a fave. Right now I'm a full time student at UBC, and on top of that I work about 20 hours/week and take classical voice lessons. I live on my own (not in residence, thank God) with my wonderful bf of 3 years. He is completely supportive, and even is helping me pay for LAWL (obviously, starving student and all, it would be tough on my own).

I have no kids (YIKES), just 2 adorable little bunnies -- Thumper, a little angora cross who is about 14 weeks old and Bam-Bam, who is a Holland Lop who is about 16 weeks old. They are little bundles of energy, and are the sweetest creatures on Earth. They also are a big inspiration to me, because they force me to keep fresh veggies on hand all the time.

In my grade 12 year and into Freshman year at uni, I packed on about 50 lbs. Being only 5'2, thats a lot. I've always been a little body-concious (what teenager isn't?) but I've really gotten fed up of feeling fat and ugly and most of all, of not enjoying shopping anymore. My goal weight is 120, but my ultimate goal is to be able to go shopping and not be able to decide on anything, not because nothing looks good, but because EVERYTHING looks good.

The bf and I are going to Australia for a year in September and I want to look hot in a bikini so I can be a super surfer chick. Haha. One can dream. The fact that I won't even be able to stay upright does not even play into this dream.

So thats me I guess!

krjpy 12-18-2007 01:20 PM

Hello,

My name is Kelly. I am 35, happily married to a Firefighter/Paramedic:hug:, and we have a wonderful (most of the time) little boy who turns 8 in January:carrot:.

I started with the centers back in September weighing in at a whopping 311.8 (the most I have EVER weighed). Since then I have dropped to 262.8 (as of this morning) ... and still going. I decided to do this because my parents both did it and have had such great success. I am sad that the centers are closing:?: ... more for the people that work there than for me:devil:. I have the information, my parents, and now all of you to help me get there. I simply needed the regimentation. I can be accountable to myself and the scale.

My son asked me when I talked about doing this why I wanted to go in a diet, he said I was beautiful just the way I was. I decided then and there I would make sure he never looked at me and thought otherwise. I will get to 175; hopefully before the end of next year. I will stay there and never go back.

I work out 4-6 days a week on the Elliptical and the Recumbant bike. I am planning on instituting a weight routine as soon as my husband shows me how to make all the changes on the Crossbow;).

I had a goal of 270 by New Year and made that, now I have a Goal of 240, which is right around 1/2 way. I would like to see this by Spring Break. Keep your fingers crossed ... light a candle ... say a prayer ... I'll take whatever will help:D

I just wanted to let you all know I am here, not just for me, but for anyone needing any type of support I can give.

Kelly

tinkertoy 01-03-2008 04:33 PM

Hi Everyone!
My name is Rachel. I am from Arizona. I am really glad to be able to be a part of this group. I am married with two kids. I joined LAWL in June at 201 lbs. I was totally devastated and disappointed in myself. Although I am with LAWL on the new blue plan w/lites I live 1 1/2 hours away from the COD so I can only make it 1 every 1-2 weeks. So I basically feel all alone. I am glad to give support and could use some myself. My current weight is 167 and my goal weight is 130. Good luck on your journey, never give up and just say NO.

mcbender99 01-03-2008 07:43 PM

Hello, I'm so gald to be here!

My name is Brenda and I am happily married with three great kids. I live in Minnesota and do not particularly like the winters. I love the summer! I can’t wait to be barefoot in the yard again. This snow thing is crazy. I have lived here all of my life but for some reason can’t seem to acclimate. I do like to go ice fishing there’s nothing like a good day of fishing. Any time of the year.

I have battled with a poor self image my whole life. Even when I was younger I was in no way overweight, but I thought I was. If I only knew then what I know now…how much worse it could get. I wish I would’ve been able to appreciate my younger body. I seem to have a really bad relationship with food. I love all the wrong ones! I have taken years out of my life to have my babies and make sure they were all healthy when they came into this world. I am great at taking care of everyone else, I haven’t been very good at taking care of me though. Well, I’ve decided, enough is enough! I’m sick and tired of being out of breath when I go downstairs to the freezer or laundry room. I’m tired of being afraid everytime I get on an airplane if this will be the time I won’t fit. I was so embarrassed on my last flight I couldn’t see the buttons to turn up my headset, they were somewhere under my 44D breasts and my bulging waistline. My days of embarassment and worry and fatique are over. I want to go to the beach, I want to run with my dog, I want to feel alive again. So, today, my journey starts…

Dan2112 01-03-2008 09:27 PM

Welcome!! We all know what you're going through, so you've come to the right place for support.. Post early and post often!

LadyZaidi 01-04-2008 11:14 AM

Brenda, I'm a native Minnesotan too. It definitely gets ridiculously cold there. I try to explain block heaters and "plugging in your car" and people in NY look at me like I have 2 heads. Ha! Welcome!

okie in il 01-04-2008 12:40 PM

Hello all! I've posted a couple of times on other threads here, but I've never introduced myself. My name is Becky, I just turned 40 on Dec. 5. I've been married for almost 20 years & we have 2 children (almost 16 yr old son & 9 yr old daughter). My DH is in the Coast Guard so we've moved around alot over the last 20 years. We currently live in Illinois, right outside St. Louis.

I've been on LAWL since November 2006. I'm embarrassed to say :o, I didn't stay POP so I didn't reach my goal when I should have. I started stabilization right before Thanksgiving at 160. Then I found out that my COD was closing & kind of fell off the wagon. I put myself back on weight loss so I could lose that last 10 pounds to get to my original goal of 150. Now that the holidays are over :dizzy: I plan on being POP so I can get this last 7 pounds off permanently. My DH & I are going on a cruise in 6 weeks to celebrate our 20th anniversary so that is my new incentive.

I look forward to getting to know everyone. I kind of went through withdrawals when the PWL forum shut down.

stressrelief2008 01-04-2008 10:26 PM

Hello everyone,

My name is Michelle (they call me Mick or Mickyliz). I'm 50 years old, a registered nurse in a surgery center. I'm married with two grown children and have two granddaughters. I was a LAWL member 5 years ago and did well on the program. My starting weight back then was 278 and I lost 76 pounds in a year. I had a hysterectomy and slowly started gaining weight back. We had moved to an area that didn't have a Center and I got lazy, stopped doing the program -- the rest is history. I'm back up to 270lbs. but, I am now ready to try again. I am glad I stumbled on this forum -- maybe now I can be successful again.
Mickyliz

StevenBensMom 01-07-2008 01:17 PM

Hello!

I thought it was time that I finally introducted myself as I have been lurking for a long time. My name is Kelly and I live in Western New York. I have a wonderful husband and 2 sons 15 and 11. I have been at this for awhile and hope to stick with this without the assitance of the centers, which like many of you I wasn't to thrilled about since counselors were constantly changing as were answers and tactics! So here I am and thank you for being such a warm, welcoming group of people.

Kelly

bradleys mom 01-07-2008 01:52 PM

Welcome Kelly! If you have any questions feel free to ask on the weekly Friends & Losers forum!

alwayssmilin 01-20-2008 08:54 PM

Hi, my name is Amy. I did LAWL back in 98. I lost 60 lbs and kept it off for quite awhile. Then the last couple of years life and eating everything and anything I wanted help the weight to creep back on. I started again on Oct 5th and have been doing great. We started a biggest loser contest at work that went from Oct 5th to Dec 31st. My team won AND I was the number one loser! We are starting round 2 on the 31st of this month.

I am 44 years old and I have a son that will be 15 in March.

Keep Smiling!

Amy

warm weather dreams 01-26-2008 11:40 AM

Hi My name is Beth. I had joined LA 2 years ago did fairly well, lost 30 ibs in 8 months then stopped going regular and slowly put it all back on. I am restarting now for health reasons. I know this diet works. I also started a biggest loser contest at work so there will be less temptations there.
I recently have had some major life style changes mostly coming off the night shift after 28 years working nights! Also recent stresses mostly being my husband unemployed and my health. I really want to have some control in my life so am actually enjoying restarting my diet.
I am the proud mom of 3 Jim 23, Patrick 20 and Kaity 16.
I love to travel with my Husband Dave, key west being one of my favorite places!

gbirds1 01-27-2008 09:53 AM

Hi All,

My name is Alyson, I'm 31 and I joined in March. I lost more than 70 lbs before my center closed. I have basically been maintaining for the past two months on my own. I am now hoping to start exercising so that I can tone up and lose a little more. I am thrilled with the way I look now, but I know I can still look better - I want to wear a bikini! I was very happy to stumble upon this website as I was very upset when the center and the online boards closed.

Good luck to all of you on your weight loss journeys.