3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Roll call! (bio's) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/53792-roll-call-bios.html)

g35 06-14-2007 04:24 PM

Hi Everyone -

I'm 42 and have been fat my entire like - seriously since I was 5! I've tried it all - WW, NS, Physicians Weight Loss - nothing worked. Then about 3 years ago I discovered South Beach and lost 60 lbs over a course of 2 years. This past year I had a lot of personally changes in my life and was thrilled just to maintain my weight. I was still only 23lbs from my goal.

Then earlier this year I became ill and had to go on a couple of rounds of steroids and eventually have surgery. As a result, I gained 7lbs. All along I was following the tennents of SB, however I still gained weight. I started the diet from the beginning (strict 2wks of phase 1) and still nothing.

My bff finally convinced me to try LAWL - she lost 42 lbs and looks amazing so here I am. I started LAWL 1 week ago and so far I haven't lost anything but the 1lb I gained during TO :( .

Anyway - I'm not giving up - I'm so glad I found this board to keep me motivated and provide great suggestions and tips.

Thanks everyone! Keep the good tips coming!

dalemeri 06-15-2007 12:25 AM

New here

Okay so here I am. I started LA on May 4th. I am doing this to see quicker results than WW. I am also wanting to loose the weight before my husband gets back from a 6 month military deployment.:hug: But mainly I am tired of being tired. I want and need to be healthy and so far from what I can see LA is going to teach me better food combos and portions. Just praying it sticks!! ;) So bring on the tips...let's get loosing!!:carrot:

Snowdogs 06-15-2007 01:11 PM

Congrats on your 11 lbs so far Dalemeri !
And Thank You to your husband for what he does, and what you do as a military wife.

WITeresa 06-18-2007 11:42 AM

Hi Everyone! I guess it’s time I introduce myself. I’ve been lurking for a while… ;)

I joined LAWL on 3/18/07, and have lost 21 pounds so far. I’m doing my first TO today and tomorrow… we’ll see if that breaks the plateau I’ve been at for the last month.

My name is Teresa, I’m 43 and married with 2 sons (17 & 13). My sister is also on LAWL since 2/14/07, and she’s lost 40.2 pounds already! (sometimes I hate her…) :p

Thanks for this forum, I’m really getting a lot from your helpful hints! :D

Dan2112 06-18-2007 12:26 PM

Welcome Teresa! Congrats on the loss...

Repo girl 06-18-2007 06:00 PM

Chrissy- :welcome:

g35- :welcome3:

Elizabeth- :wel3fc:

Teresa- :welcome2:

Feel free to jump in anywhere!

cassiann2005 06-20-2007 04:37 PM

Well, I finally found a LAWL goup. :) My name is Cassi. I've been with LAWL since last September, fell off the wagon a few times, but now I'm here to finally lose what I need to. A little about me...I'm 24 yrs old and a full-time student. I'll be graduating with my BA in English this December, yeah!!!! I work part-time currently, but hopefully that'll change very soon to full-time. I also live in Cleveland, OH. Anyway, I've been struggling to get rid of the weight since I hit adolesence...and then definitely struggling after my Freshman year in College. I figure, between LAWL and exercise, I should be able to lose what I need to...the problem is just sticking to it...

But this time, I'm gonna do it. :)

bizlawchik 06-20-2007 04:56 PM

Welcome! (from another Cassi) :wave:

Repo girl 06-20-2007 05:28 PM

Welcome!!!

aprilflowers423 06-26-2007 10:00 PM

I am also new to this forum...however, not new to LAWL. I first joined LA in 2001 losing 81lbs (226 to 144). Since then through a nasty divorce, custody battle of 3 kids (yes, I won), going back to work full time, and rejoining the dating scene, I managed to put 52lbs back on. UGH! In Dec 2006, I met my current husband and we were married this past Sept. Fast forward to New Year's 2007 and I rejoined LAWL at 196.8lbs. OMG! So 6.5 months into it, I have lost 38lbs...but I am just stuck! I do go to the gym 5-6 times a week for a minimum of 1 hr or 500 calories burned whichever comes last and drink a minimum of 100oz of water/day. I was just put on the red plan with lites a week ago after being on gold all this time. I am having a hard time getting all the food in. I have enjoyed lurking in this forum over the last couple of weeks....here's to breaking this plateau and more active posting!

Raemi
196.8/160/135

Repo girl 06-27-2007 07:50 AM

Hi Raemi, welcome! Sounds like you need red with all of that exercise, wow!

Audimc 06-28-2007 01:47 PM

Hi everyone!! I started LAWL back in October 2006 and was down 25 lbs and slowly put it back on when I stopped going. I just went back this week. I did TO the last 2 days and today is my first day back on program! It's amazing how you feel just in 2 days!!!

I live in Arizona and work as a Speech Pathologist. I'm also a huge digiscrapper! I'm so glad I found this thread and look forward to getting to know some of you!

bizlawchik 06-28-2007 02:02 PM

Welcome Audra!

Katy66 06-29-2007 12:13 PM

Hi!

I'm new to this site and just trying to learn my way around. I've been on LAWL since February 8th and have lost 46 lbs. Good to find others for support.

KT:)

bizlawchik 06-29-2007 01:10 PM

Welcome and congrats on such a great loss so far!