3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Roll call! (bio's) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/53792-roll-call-bios.html)

tzulover 07-07-2007 05:41 PM

Hi!

Hi everyone! I just found this site and thought - WOW, seems like this is one VERY nice group!!!! I joined LA WL (in Rockford, IL.) in Feb. 07. After 4 children and almost 34 yrs of marriage...and starting of health issues, I decided it was time to "take the bull by the horn" so-to-speak. Tried doing it alone and that sure wasn't working, so that's when I joined LAWL. So far I've lost 32 pounds. The last couple of weeks have been hardest I think, and I'm not sure why that is.....

gosh, hope I'm doing this right!!!

laura

crazikc 07-08-2007 05:37 PM

Crazi in NorCal

Hi there! I am new to this site as well as LAWL. I joined LAWL on 7/6 after just feeling so frustrated with myself! I am a single mom of 2 awesome kids. I have a 9 year old son and a 4 ear old daughther. They are the best things that have ever happened to me.
I have 35 lbs to loose total - which may not sound like a lot but it sure has been the hardest 35 for me! I recently turned 35 and told myself I would not let the weight affect me anylonger so I did some research and joined LAWL. I havent' had much interaction with the center so far so we will see how that works.
I am a technical recruiter and hire contractors for a large corporation in Northern CA. I have a english bulldog puppy that I just adore and sad but true picked this breed because 1) they are awesome and 2) they don't require a lot of exercise!

I have to sit down and really think about my goals - I know i want to be healthier and happier once the weight starts coming off and exercise will have to be a part of that (YIKES!)

I look forward to support and online friendships and plan on blogging my experience.

Crazikc

slim n trim 07-08-2007 06:15 PM

welcome to all the newcomers.

look forward to chatting with ya.

tzulover 07-08-2007 08:32 PM

Hi Crazi!!! I have two shih tzu -- another breed not requiring lots of exercise - so I sure understand that one!!!!! Don't know about the kids <G> but your pup is sure handsome/beautiful!

Nice to meet you!!

laura

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...zzA/weight.png

Katy66 07-09-2007 07:12 AM

Welcome to all the newcomers, you'll love all the support and info you get here. I've learned more from these folks than in the 5 months of going to the COD.

mom2aljool 07-09-2007 08:52 AM

Hello, I'm also new. My name is Suzanne and my dh and I have three kids (10, 8, and 4.5). We live in MN. I joined LAWL in April and have lost 13 pounds. I had surgery at the end of May, so I was put on hold and sort of fell off the plan. I just went back to my COD last Friday, so now I am ready to start losing again. This looks like a great, supportive group!

amdqla 07-09-2007 02:06 PM

Hello
I've been lurking for about a week. I love everyones informative posts. Everyone has great suggestions! The center I go to isn't very helpful!

I am 27 years old, married and have a 9 year old son. We have three dogs, a cat, turtle, and rabbit. I love to read and cook, and obviously love animals. I am a medical assistant at a doctor's office. I volunteer/help with my sons 4-H and Scout group.

This will be my third time doing L.A. Weight Loss. My goal is to stick with it this time!

amylou7777 07-09-2007 03:31 PM

:wave: WELCOME everyone!

Crazi- we have an english bulldog as well. I can't get that dog to walk for anything! But he does love to romp at the park so I can get exercise with him that way. Is that a pic of your doggy? Ours is 1 1/2 and his name is Maverick. We are in Sac. There's a bulldog meetup that meets all over the country, you should join!

To everyone else, welcome to this site! This is what really got me motivated to try LAWL and has really helped make this change do-able!

Best of luck to all of you!

Katy66 07-09-2007 03:34 PM

Third time is the charm Angela, welcome!

jsully75 07-12-2007 09:53 PM

Hello. My name is Sarah, I'm 31 and I'm from Connecticut, happily married to my high school sweetheart for nearly 7 years now.

I've been heavy my whole life. The first time I tried a diet was when I was 14 years old and that was Weight Watchers. I lost 40 pounds and kept it off for about 3 years. Then I met my husband-to-be and gained weight (and then some). In 1998 I joined WW at my heaviest weight of 287 pounds and got down to 220 by 2000. I wanted to be a "thin" bride but that never happened. I started a horrid job and began gaining weight. I left that job and started my current job where I realized I couldn't fit into my size 20 jeans anymore and had to go back to size 22. I rejoined WW at 256 pounds and got down to a slim and happy 150 (I actually saw 149.4 pounds at one point). I was running 5 miles a day and lifting weights 6 days a week. I was even thinking of trying to lose more weight and doing weight lifting.

Then I injured myself running. I hurt my knee and also a shin splint. Not fun. I was told no running for 6 weeks. That was the end of a good thing for me. I slowly started gaining weight. A good friend/coworker suddenly passed away. More weight gain. My hubby and I split up. More weight gain. We got back together. More weight gain. Suddenly I'm 240 pounds and scared if I don't stop it now, I will be back to 287 (or more) before I know it.

Plus I really want to have kids and I don't want to have them at this weight. And I want to run again. I want to run my 5 miles again. I want to be that slim/athletic woman I was.

So anyway. I have no children. But 3 spoiled cats. I work for a Medical Company and LOVE it. I am a big Nascar fan (go Ryan Newman).

I love reading, writting, cooking, shopping, myspace, making new friends, music, cars, and TONS more.

I thought that doing LAWL would be different since I have tried WW so many times. Plus a friend of mine lost 90 pounds on it years ago and worked for them (until she got pregnant).

That is all I guess.

bizlawchik 07-13-2007 08:09 AM

Welcome Sarah!

jsully75 07-13-2007 05:57 PM

Thanks, Cassi!! :D

tzulover 07-14-2007 08:55 PM

hi Sarah

I've only been a part of this site for just a little while myself - seems like a GREAT group here!!!!! I've been with LAWL 22 weeks now, have lost 31 - well, a bit more than that but have been bouncing around for a couple weeks....ugh!!!

You sound very determined to get back down in weight and get to running -- YAYYYYYY for that!!!!!!! A pregnancy is hard enough as it is, without the extra weight.... Good for you!!!!!!!!! :carrot:

Hope to see you 'round a bunch,
laura

Dan2112 07-15-2007 11:08 AM

Great job Laura!!

Welcome to all the newbs!! Hope you post early and post often...

Angela - If you've read a lot of posts around here, I'm sure you've noticed that there are a lot of animal lovers here, so you're in good company!

tzulover 07-15-2007 09:08 PM

Dan

Thanks Dan -- wow, you are almost at goal - WTG!!!! The picture looks like you aren't the man you used to be -- in a GOOD way!!!!!!

laura

Um, for this ticker -- do I need to redo it every time I come in here, or is there a place to "save" it at?

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar039...lb/0/50/0/.png