3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Roll call! (bio's) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/53792-roll-call-bios.html)

Dan2112 10-31-2007 11:24 AM

Geez! Yet another Canadian!!! :lol:

Welcome to all the newbies!!!

Cushiebunny (hereafter known to me as "CB" -hope you don't mind) - Thanks for the kind words.. It's been a year of hard work to get to this point and as I've found after some recent cheating, it's an ongoing process to maintain this lifestyle... The unfortunate thing is that it's unfairly much easier for men to lose than women, so sometimes I feel bad with my successes while other struggle...

You are right to get your "manbeasty" (:lol:) involved in the process, if for no other reason than to help you not cheat. It's so important to have our significant others buy into the plan - not monetarily, but mentally!!! I can't imagine how hard it would have been to do this without my wife Liz... I've found that if we have crappy food in the house, despite my best intentions, I give in to it.. With her on the plan as well, we've basically chucked all the bad stuff out and rely on each other to stay away from it.

It also helps to have a forum like this, with like minded people to help support us when we've had a "bad choice day" or when we're just feeling down in the dumps.. I encourage you to post often in the "friends and losers" thread, if only to say hi and share any stories you've got. The inspiration and encouragement from the gang here has been invaluable.

And above all else - Stay away from the salt as much as you can!! :lol:

It can be done, but not without a lot of hard work and dedication!!

Y'all can do it!!

Tuesday Cool 11-01-2007 09:22 AM

CB, this forum has been irreplaceable in my weight loss challenge. These people have so much insight and advice you can't go wrong joining. Glad to have you on board. I am sure you can get people to share there plan data. My DH has dropped some #s just by eating only what I allow in the house. ;)
Good luck and welcome aboard, Tuesday

tookiebug 11-01-2007 10:39 PM

I have been lurking on these boards for some time trying to decide between Weight Watchers and LA. And with winter fast approaching in Minnesota, figured now is a good time to take the plunge.

I just want to say thanks for all of your explanations and inspiration. Someday I hope to contribute my own.

AvidKayaker 11-01-2007 10:47 PM

Hi Tookie

:welcome3:

Have you determined whether you will choose LAWL or WW?

Jamiep03 11-02-2007 07:54 AM

I just rejoined the program and I am hoping that with this great informational site that I will reach my goal. Thank you all for the support and inspiration.

Dan2112 11-02-2007 09:58 AM

Welcome Jaime.. Post early and post often!

Jamiep03 11-02-2007 10:40 AM

Thank you Dan.

starryeyes2081 11-07-2007 12:25 PM

I'm 5'3'' and currently at about 192 pounds. I gained a lot of weight when I got out of school due to the lack of walking everywhere, also.. I'd like the blame birth control and poor food choices.
I work about 50 hours a week, on my feet, pretty well no breaks involved.. and yet I wasn't losing any weight. After trying many different things, my boyfriend and I both decided LA Weight Loss was the way to go.
His mother has been doing it and has lost over 50 pounds since May, so her experience with it was definitely motivation to give it a try. I've been doing it for about 3 weeks now, and I've lost 6 pounds, which I think is decent.
I'm having a hard time working full time days, with pretty much no breaks, in a pizza place. Yeah, it's hard but I get through it. Seeing some of the people that come in and buy pizza all the time is kinda motivation to keep going with LAWL..

Shellyk 11-12-2007 04:17 PM

Good Afternoon All

My name is Shelly, I am 31 years old and live in MN. I have been successful on LAWL before...but let the weight creep back on. My husband and I started a business 2 years ago and the stress has impacted my eating choices. I am not going into a center this time around. Previously I was on gold with lites, this time I will not be doing any bars so I believe I will do plan 3?!......got way too sick of them and dependant...Anywho nice to meet you all!

cecil 11-16-2007 06:04 PM

Hi everyone! My Name is Cecilia I am 26 years old. Live in ND. I recently started LA on 10/31/2007 I started at 205.4 I am down to 197. My goal is 155. I remember being that weight at one time.I can't wait to be again! I have a boyfriend right now he is really frustrated with me not going out to the bars and stuff. But I really don't want to be tempted with drinking. I wish he would just realize that it won't be like this forever. Anyway. Just thought I would say hi. Maybe I will figure this ticker thing out and keep you guys updated.

Beckyjen 11-16-2007 06:35 PM

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this site, but definitely not to dieting. I lived in Denmark last year, and was able to make a lifestyle change and lost about 40 pounds, but unfortunately when I moved back to the US, my life style changed again and it has all come back and possibly a few more! I want to catch it now, before it gets much worse. My goal is to get back to 180 lbs (about 40 pounds lost, although I won't know for sure what my start weight is until I go home tonight) by March 29th when my husband and I go to Florida for a trip. I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Beckyjen

MommaKK 11-27-2007 04:22 PM

Hi friends,
Just wanted to finially get on and say HI. A good friend of my daughter got me strated with 3 fat chicks site a few months ago. So, a month ago my MIL, SIL, and myself became our own 3 fat chicks to help us lose some lbs. We set a goal for each one of us and so far I'm doing great:) I lost wieght around 7 yrs ago and have maintain all this time, but about a year ago I strated back gaining never noticing just how much I had put back on. Until I needed NEW(larger) clothes. I went to long at a healty weight and decieded I had to get this off before it just got worse. I lost before with WW, and this time I"m trying LAWL,( they are very simliar). Eat smaller portions, back on the water, more veg's, less candy (no candy now).:dizzy: This site is just great. I love to get on and read how everyone else does it and how they are doing. This is my first entry and I'm not to good with computer stuff, but just had to jump in there to let everyone know I'm trying to be healhty again:carrot: Thanks for reading, I'll be updating soon, good luck to all:hug:

imperialistic 12-04-2007 06:14 AM

Hi guys,
I was just wandering around the net looking for replacements for LA Lites (IMO they taste like craaap) and foudn this beautiful websites.
I have always been overweight. My mommy had a thing for "chubby babies" and I was the first child so I got stuck with the never-ending baby fat. My mother and my (younger) sister are both very skinny, they get compliments all the time and it used to bother me when I was 13ish but I'm over it now. My mum is a size 5 and my sister is a 00 :o... yep, I did get stuck with the bad genes. My dad is upwards of 225 lbs and diabetic. Mom's side is nice and slim, dad's side is a little obese.
Anyhow, I started struggling with my weight in my mid-teens. When I was 17, I lost a whole bunch of weight and dropped from 180 lbs to 159 lbs but gained it all back Freshman year.
I started LA this October and am now down to 179 (after going off-track). They predict my weight will be off by March and I am hopeful :)

Switzie6 12-04-2007 09:30 AM

Hi Everyone!

My name is Lindsey and I am new to 3FC. I am 27 soon to be 28 (Dec. 23rd) and live in Pennsylvania. I first did LAWL in 2000, I was then 205 and was able to get down to 145 lbs, which is a good weight for me being 5'8 and a medium build. Then I got my gallbladder taken out because of gallstones caused by the weight loss. LAWL is not to blame, it was just the fact I lost so much weight. That threw off my working out and I gained back some of the weight but stayed around 170 lbs for a while. After college I got a job in my hometown but after a year was forced to transfer to Philadelphia. I was there for three years and in that time I went up to my max weight by fair, 269 lbs. It was alot of binge eating, and eating out of boredom because I was away from my friends and family. I got transfered back home this spring so now I am ready to take control of my weight. I rejoined LAWL, but found it hard to get my mind in the right frame so I took some seminars at my gym and now I am really ready. Looking forward to being healthy and fit before I enter my 30s.

Julzanne72 12-04-2007 02:19 PM

Hi, I am Julie and I am from WI. I am new to LAWL. I just started my TakeOff yesterday-and am very excited about the plan. I am currently 5'4" and weigh 192. My goal is 150-and the possiblity of being there before next summer excites me. I have to say TakeOff is hard for me cuz I am not a big veggie eater, but look fw'd to the rest of the program. I know I can do it. My Mother in Law started last april and lost like 33 lbs by July-she has inspired me to try as well!!! I found this site by googling LAWL-and I am excited to get to know everyone and hear about all of their success....I tried to get one of the cute little goal trackers-but can't figure it out....I am sure with enough time I will...:)