Old 01-11-2005, 05:18 PM   #406  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Fiona, i'm a single gal after being married for 11 years. I know how frustrating our DH can be. I think you've been given some great advice and hope. It's difficult, but he has to want to do it for himself.

I'm feeling heavy today??? I'm WI after work, so curious what the scale will show.

I had a late night call last night (like 1 a.m. ) and it messed up my sleep. It was from my old boyfriend from highschool who's taken to calling me since Christmas. Just when I gave up on dating and men, they are coming out of the woodwork. He's so dear, but i've got to again tell him not to call so late. He has a time difference, but it was too late in CA too.... i think i'm grumpy.....

OK, i have to go find a new attitude.
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 05:22 PM   #407  

S/C/G: 205/153.8/140

Default I'm back

Good evening Chicks! You all were very chatty this weekend. It took me some time to get through the posts!

Tams~ I drink a silly amount of water. I am just like you. I don't like carbonation and don't drink caffeine, so really water is the only option. My counselors haven't ever said anything to me. Occasionally they will point out when I am .4 up, and I will say no kidding... cause I just finished a liter of water before I walked in today!! On an average day I will drink 5 liters of water, which is 165 ounces. If I am running on the treadmill in the morning, add another liter to it. I am in need of WA as well!!!

The 1/2 marathon was AWESOME! I finished in 2:23!!!!!! More importantly I finished and was not in pain and felt like I could have squeaked out a few more miles.. which is a good thing, since I have the marathon on April 30th! Even better, I had to carb load the night before.. so I ate lots of pasta (WW of course!) then that night I treated myself and we ate at Wolfgang Puc's place in Disney, and I ate well.. and the scale goddesses were nice to me by showing a .2 loss. I'll take it usually I am up after long runs due to increased starches and liquid retention.

Congrats to all who lost over the weekend! You all rock! I think I will have to watch BL tonight. Yesterday on some station there was a BL marathon on, so I watched a few episodes.

Fiona~ I can't offer you any advice.. I am one of the swinging singles on the site. (well, I am kind of dating someone.. but not really!)

To the rest of you trying to get on the exercising kick.. you can do it! last year at this time I did NOTHING.. I did not start working out until last April. If I can do it.. all of you can as well! get out there and walk!
Meegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 05:32 PM   #408  

S/C/G: 205/153.8/140

OHHH, I just realized that I can change my avator to a 25 pounds lost one!!!!!!!!!
Meegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 06:34 PM   #409  
191.8/168.2/160

Good going Meegs!!! What a great accomplishment!
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 07:12 AM   #410  

GOOOOD morning all! I just wanted say hello and gooood luck at an on plan day!!!
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 07:40 AM   #411  

Default Goodmorning, chicks

Hi to everyone -
The scale goddess (thanks, Meegs) was good to me this AM - finally at 199! woohoo! However, still planning to try to do TO, since I put the juice in the fridge last night, and I'm running low on protein varieties, so I think it'll be juice, chicken and tuna for me today.

Fiona, I am currently foot loose, but I can sympathise. It sort of reminds me of my mother trying to get me to clean up my bedroom when I was a kid - she finally had to let me find my own level of mess, and 'release' the neatnick in her. There could be many reasons why he doesn't want to change - he's happy where he his, he's afraid of the new responsibilities, maybe this is always how he reacts to suggestions? Anyway - did any of you chickies catch a show on Bravo over the summer called 'Things I hate about you'? There was one segment that had a wife complaining about the same thing.

Meegs, glad to see you back - you came back to a two day warm trend! And what a challenge that you've set yourself and you made it!

Britt - glad to see you check in - I was getting a little worried about you.

Star, I'm with you on the water - it's much harder for me to get in all the recommended water in the winter.

Marcie, thanks for posting that article on water. NOW I remember where I heard it - it was when I was training for the Avon 3 day walk. It's why they strongly suggested the sports drinks - in fact they pushed them during the walk, especially as everyone sweats so much.

Sy, we knew what you meant!

Now, I am totally bummed - I went out to dinner last night, and forgot to set the VCR to tape BL. Can someone recap?

Good luck today, chickies!
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:04 AM   #412  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Good Morning Chicks,
I didn't get a chance to post yesterday but I'm here today. Things were really hectic around the office, plus the manager was here all day. That just ruins my fun....
I got on the scales this morning and was down 1.4 since Monday. I was glad to see 169. I hope I don't end up back in the 170's again. That just drives me nuts.. 150's, here I come.
Congratulations to everyone that has lost..
Be back in alittle bit....
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:07 AM   #413  

Thumbs up Morning Chicks..

Glad to see all the losers on here.....
Julie - Welcome to onerderland, it's crazy down here too.
Meegs - Way to go on you marathon and you new avatar!
Hey to all you other cool chicks

The Biggest Loser was so awesome last night! I could have watched it for hours. All three finalists were so great and really plugging for the number one spot. I loved it that Ryan admitted to cheating while he was back home, so did Kelly. I do think that Ryan made the biggest overall improvement, he turned out to be a real cutie. I don't know how much more Kelly wants to lose, but there is no questions that she will be an absolute knockout (Marcie watchout...lol). Gary finished up looking like 100% better to, him and his family were so cute.

Anyhow, afer watching the show - I came out of it with more determination than ever. If they can do it the least I can do is complete this journey and get to goal. I'm so close. DH watched it with me and he suggested that I change up my workouts some and really focus on getting this last bit of weight off. I was like, I'm trying but I've fallen and can't get up..... He does know how hard it is for me to lose, he doesn't understand it really either. He made me just alittle mad and who knows maybe that's what I need to finish.....At the end of our conversation I felt like I was in the Biggest Loser new contest..... So did anyone else get pumped by watching it?

Okay, have to run and do afew things around here....later chicks.

HUGS.......
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:18 AM   #414  

Thumbs up Karen

Welcome to the 160's.....I'll move over
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:20 AM   #415  
One meal at a time!

Thanks Star....Lets just hope I stay there this time.. Congrats to you too...
Old 01-12-2005, 09:28 AM   #416  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Morning!!!!!

I was OP yesterday except for my fruit (shocked arent you!) HAHA Anywho i feel great today and i finally did it!!!! I got on the treadmill last night. I did 25 min was going to do 30 but my hand caught the cord for the emergency turn off and it turned off so i was like well crap i cant have a total of everything so i might as well stop here for tonight. I walked for 15 min and then ran for 4 min and upped the speed to push myself for another minute so a total of 5 min running. and then walked for another 5 before i had the emergency cut off lol. So im at least proud of myself for starting back on the treadmill now to start on my pilates too. I wish i was a morning person so that i could get up in the morning and do my treadmill and then do pilates and treadmill again at night. However me and the snooze button are just to close right now lol.

Julie~
When are you going to do TO? I was thinking about mabye doing it this weekend. Congrats on being in Onederland I am getting closer just on the outskirts of the land of Far Far Away!!!!!

Meegs~
Congrats!!!!on running the 1/2 marathon and the 25 lb avitar!! Ok now i have a question for you. One of the DJ's in Nashville well his daughter ran a marathon last weekend in Arizona i think anyway she did well also but after if was finished she was kind of like is this it? Did you experience that at all?

Star~
I totally agree with you that the BL was so motivating! In fact we are going to have a biggest loser contest within my house. My mom, dad, myself and my boyfriend are going to do a 13 week BL. We havent gotten all the details worked out yet but it should be fun. After the show last night is when i got on the treadmill i felt like it was a good workout to help me get back in the swing of things. Let us know if you do change up your workout and what you are doing.

Ok well i need to update my food journal really quick before i head over for WI one good thing about our new office is that im closer to my center now haha. Ok im off to do a few things ill check back after WI.

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:33 AM   #417  
One meal at a time!

Star....You asked if the Biggest Loser made anyone else get pumped about getting the weight off. Well, it must have got me too because remember last year when DH said he would quit smoking when I got to goal. Well, I told him this morning that he better be ready to quit because I was going to do it this time.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:40 AM   #418  

I thought BL was great last night!! I was super happy for all of them and didnt really care who won....but I was glad to see Ryan get it...he made a remarkable transformation!!! I am anxious to see how they do the $100,000 contest for the remaining contestants. One more week of BL! wooohooo
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:43 AM   #419  
One meal at a time!

I can't wait for the next BL. I think it's a very motivating show. I won't be missing any episodes of the next one....What a great show..
Old 01-12-2005, 09:48 AM   #420  

Morning gals! I taped BL but got home so late I didn't have time to watch it - I seriously considered avoiding posting all day so I wouldn't find out who won before I got a chance to watch my tape, but decided what the heck - it's a TV show! And I figured Ryan would win anyway. One more week of BL, you say? Woo hoo!

Will post more later - phone ringing.

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote