Old 01-10-2005, 07:44 AM   #331  
234/165.8/160

Good morning ladies,

Just caught up on the posts from this weekend, sounds like everyone did well!!

Finona-Great job at your football party...it's so hard to make all the right choices with so much temptation...way to go!

Marcie-Thanks for posting some new turkey recipes, I have the cookboos but don't know that I ever noticed the tex mex recipe...that sounds really good...will have to try that this week.

Star-How's the princess?

My weekend was ok, pretty close to POP, but I'm still just kind of hungry and feel like snacking all the time lately (over and above my daily allowances). I'm making good choices about the snacks (like celery, cauliflower and apples), but still concerns me that I'm snacking way too much. What if I stop making good choices?????

I'm also bothered that I haven't been on my treadmill since before Christmas, we were out of town, then I got sick. My docotor told me to take it easy until Monday, so here I am...ready to get back on track.

So, here's what I'm going to do....I'm going to set my exercise goals for the week, here in writing to give myself some kind of accountability. I'm going to start slow, but I just really need to start again.

GOAL: Walk briskly for at least 20 minutes Tuesday, Wed, Fri and Sun. I have bowling committments on Mon, Thur and Sat :-)

Anyone else have exercise goals for the week?
auditgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 08:14 AM   #332  

Morning, chickies!

Scale still shows 200 - I'm ready for it to MOVE. I may join the TO brigade this week . ..

Marcie, I did get the Luna glow bars on ebay. I haven't found them in my grocery store yet.

Fiona, congrats on the careful grazing yesterday. I've skipped my second lite on days like that, too. Hope you find your diary (I haven't filled mine out for a couple of days - hm, maybe that is the reason the scale isn't moving. ..)

Diana, now you know all about us I know I'd have thrown in the towel weeks ago without the chickies.

Jen, I'm with you on exercise goals this week. I've been doing my stepper intermittently. My goal is to do it 4 x this week, starting today.

I picked up the Thin For Life book that's on the maintainers forum discussion yesterday, and started reading it last night. Very interesting stuff. I think it's true that being thin for the rest of a lifetime is a mindset change - not being on a 'diet', but changing habits forever.

Hugs!
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 08:51 AM   #333  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Good Morning Chicks,
Well, I kind of strayed from the plan last night. We went out to eat because neither one of us felt like cooking and I ended up eating a chef salad with regular dressing, a cup of soup and bread. Not exactly OP huh? But I was only up .2 this morning and I have a total of 6 pounds lost for the week.
If we are doing the biggest loser contest this week, count me in.
My current weight is 170.4
I'll be back in alittle bit. I have to get things up and running around here.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 08:55 AM   #334  
234/165.8/160

Julie- I too just ordered the Thin for Life book and it should be here today! I'm hoping it gives me some inspiration. I'm also thinking of getting the Body for Life book for the exercise plan. Glad to see you're on board for the exercise goals...maybe we can keep each other motivated :-)

Anyone here familiar with Body for Life? I know it discusses nutrution and pushes some supplements the author manufactures, but was more interested for the exercise plan.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:03 AM   #335  
One meal at a time!

I just had my so called bar ( boiled egg and yogurt ) and was that ever good and filling for a change and I still have the rest of my food for the day plus a real bar tonight after dinner.....Yeah
Old 01-10-2005, 09:14 AM   #336  
234/165.8/160

Karen- I may have to try that some mornings. I really like the cookie dough bar, but sometimes it's just too sweet for the morning. Then I can also get another serving of dairy in. I really like the bars too...I usually have a chocolate mint one after dinner...yummy!
Old 01-10-2005, 09:15 AM   #337  
One meal at a time!

Star is familiar with the the plan.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:26 AM   #338  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

auditgirl-
I am very familiar with Body For Life-the program is excellent. The book mentions certain products-but you can do the plan without any of their supplements at all. Mainly the supplements are meal replacements-because the program has you eating 6 small mini-meals a day-and a lot of people don't have time to eat actual "food" that many times a day-so they use a replacement for 1 meal a day while they are at work, etc. There are certain aspects of what I currently do myself that are similar to BFL-like mini meals, extensive strength training, etc. BUT-this plan is a lot different than LAWL. YOU ARE NOT CONCENTRATING ON THE SCALE.
You are not concentrating on weighing in multiple times a week, etc. waiting for the scale to move down. You are changing your body-you are going by measurements-and how much muscle you are building, and how much actual body fat you are losing-and your clothing size-not your weight on the scale.
This may be one place where if you are doing the BFL exercise plan, and then going to the LAWL for your weigh ins-that you may have some trouble. I am just going to be honest here-and tell you where that may lie:

~The LAWL eating plan is too low in calories/protein on some of the plans to support all of the strength training and cardio in the BFL plan.
~If you are on one of the LAWL plans with higher calorie requirements-one of the top caloric 2-3 plans, you may be okay. Your problem then would lie in the fact that you are going to gain muscle and lose fat (great for your body-and this is actually what you want!)
No-you are NOT going to bulk up/get bulky/look bigger!!!! Do not worry!!!! If you have 1 pound of muscle in one hand...and 1 pound of fat in the other...the pound of FAT is bigger-not the muscle!!! Muscle gets compacted and leaner, smaller...Women cannot get bulky big muscles without "help". Well...a few can, but we are talking about the same women who can grow beards. Most women do not have enough testosterone in their bodies to look like Arnold!
Where the problem may lie in doing part of both programs is this...LAWL concentrates on the scale, and the scale alone. You could strength train for 3 months...and lose a ton of body fat-and have 3 inches shaved from your waist-your thighs and buttocks could be as firm as rocks and you can be in a size smaller jeans-and get a job as a bikini model in a motorcycle magazine-and have participated in a half marathon over the weekend-but if your weight is the same at their weigh-in you are going to hear about it...catch my drift? LAWL does not care about "fitness" they care about the scale alone-which is their downfall.
If you want any more info on BFL-pm me, and I can get you some info and direct you to some great threads, etc. on the plan. *excited* I won't take up any more space here though on the LAWL thread for it...

textjewel-The egg rule (how many per week) I think is a bit out of context. Yes-if you have heart troubles and high cholesterol-yes, limit them. If you eat a lot of other fatty-high cholesterol foods like bacon, butter, and steak-yes, limit them. BUT-since you guys are limiting all those sorts of foods-I think the nutrition and protein in the egg beats that out. If you are concerned about the cholesterol of eating too many eggs-then if you go over your 6 per week using the dairy/egg LA Lite replacement I suggested-then if it makes you feel better-switch to Egglands Best eggs-which have less of it, or you can replace 2 egg whites for one whole egg instead.

You could also do the cheese/egg for an LA Lite replacement-as long as the cheese was around 100 calories per serving-and you check that it has a decent amount of calcium per serving. (10%-25% RDA) Check the labels because some "cheap" cheese singles have little calcium because they are mostly oil-while others have a good amount of calcium and protein.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:47 AM   #339  
234/165.8/160

Aphil-Thanks for the quick honest advice about BFL. I'm on the gold plan which is about 1200-1400 calories per day. I think I'll take a look and see how I can fit it in. I don't want to lose the pounds and still be flabby...yuck. I did strength training 3 days a week several months last year, but have since gotten out of the routine. Have been concentrating on cardio (at least up until Christmas). Thanks again!
Old 01-10-2005, 10:11 AM   #340  

Default Good Morning

Geez, I love that coffee...took me awhile to catch up on the posts since Friday...I love it.

About Body For Life, I did that plan about a year and a half or so ago. Aphil describes it to a T. Let me tell you though, if you don't really enjoy working out and can't see yourself doing free weights - it's not for you. I absolutely loved the plan becuz it's focus is around working out. Several people at my gym have done or do the plan also. This is where I failed the plan, I had the workout schedule down pat, it was the eating plan that I did not really follow (anyone surprised?). I did the plan for 3 months, got alot of compliments on how I was changing (body). Even though I did not follow the eating plan, I did not pig out. At the end of three months, I gained 10 pounds and yet people were asking me if I lost weight and how great I was looking. Me, being the stubborn chick I am, could not let it sink in that even if I looked better I still weighed 10 MORE pounds. My goal was for the scale to change and pay more attention to that than the way my body looked. The weight gain was for sure my fault for not following the mini meal eating plan. If I were to go on BFL today, I know I would be able to follow the eating part too.
Many people at my gym have success stories with it. Okay enuf on that subject from me

Now onto more important things - Kaycee is doing great! Got to see, hold, rock, kiss her this weekend. I don't know how she does this but she gets more beautiful with every day...... I made meatballs and a cake and took it over to them yesterday. New mommy is doing great too. I think I might go over at lunchtime. BTW, if anyone wants to see pictures of her just pm me and I'll tell you where to go on website.

I'm doing TO today and tomorrow. Krogers had the Knudsens on sale 2 for $4 today. I bought two bottle and am thinking about doing it for four days. Please note, that I am not in on biggest loser this week or in the near future.

Welcome to all the new chicks - hugs to all the old chicks -congrats to all the losers - shout out to all the ones that struggle...we are quite the group here

Aphil = thanks for all the suggestions on replacements for the Lites. Do you happen to know of a substance abuse program for them in the MI area?
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 11:14 AM   #341  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Oh...you kill me!
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 11:27 AM   #342  

Cool I know

Aphil - I know It sounds more stupid seeing it in writing... (about what the scale says).

Last edited by Starlynn; 01-10-2005 at 11:29 AM.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 11:38 AM   #343  
One meal at a time!

Well, so far so good with my new eating plan. I've had: hard boiled egg, yogurt and just had an apple and the only thing I've had to mark off my list was fruit and a bar. This may really work out for me. I'll have to see how the rest of the day goes. I guess it's a big deal for me because I'm going from the blue plan to the gold. More food, less calories....
Old 01-10-2005, 11:41 AM   #344  

Good morning chicks!

Hope all of you had a good weekend. Lot's of chatting going on here.

I must say that I had a fabulous weekend! My sister had a baby yesterday and I was there for the whole thing. SO amazing! She had a beautiful blonde baby girl (7 lbs 10oz, 20.5"). I'm glad to report that mother and baby are both doing well!

This morning I went for WI and was down to 127! Sammy, I thought a lot about what you wrote to me in your post last week. I took a good look in the mirror and decided that 125 was going to be too low for me. Being my own biggest critic, I had been thinking that I could still stand to lose a few lbs from my hips and thigh area. But the last few lbs seem to have all come off my upper body, where I really don't need nor want to be losing. I know that I could have forced myself down those last 2 lbs, but for what purpose? I'm actually thinking that maybe I should really go up a lb or 2 from where I am right now. It's funny that when I got to the mid 130s, I thought that I might want to try to go to 120. Little did I know that these last few lbs would have made as much difference as they have!

Anyway, I tried to talk to the counselor about this on Saturday. The one I got that day was the only one from my center that I don't really like. She pretty much told me that if I said I set my goal as 125 when I started the program, I HAD to get to 125 in order to get the rebates during maintenance. I was not happy when I left there. But this morning, I had a different couselor and I talked to her about it and she said that they want me to be comfortable and that it would not be a problem for them to adjust my goal in their records. The manager of the center called me a little later. We talked about it and decided to change my goal to 128.

So at this point, I have completed Weight Loss! They will be giving me the information on Stabilization when I go in again on Thursday. What a sense of accomplishment!

And the timing has worked well too. I started LAWL one week after I started my current job. It is a temp position that I took because the company that I was working for had laid-off all of the programmers (including myself) in July 2004 and I needed work. I started here at the end of August and started LAWL on September 1st. Well, I was recently offered a permanent position with a reputable company. I will be starting my new job on the 17th, only a few days after I will start Stabilization. Funny how I will be stabilizing my weight loss at the same time that I am stabilizing my employment!

2004 was a VERY difficult year for me and my family. It really looks like 2005 is going to be a total turn-around!

Well, I better get back to work. Hope everyone has a great POP day!
lisalutzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 11:53 AM   #345  
One meal at a time!

Congratulations Lisa... It must be a great feeling. Let us know how stabilization is and what you get to add back first....