Old 01-15-2005, 08:06 AM   #541  

Welcome Bev! Karen has listed her menu for the day and it sounds so close to mine. But, here goes - I'm on the GOLD plan:

Gold Plan: PP, SS, VVV, FFF, Fat, Dairy, 2 LA LITES

P = protien
S = starch
V = veggie
F = fruit

Breakfast:
2 wedges of Laughing Cow Cheese or a Dannon Lite Yogurt
Diet Whole Wheat Bread (spread cheese on toast)
Fruit

Snack: LA Lite

Lunch:

6 oz chicken or turkey or 1/2 c 1% cottage cheese
Veggie
Fruit

When I get home from work snack:
3 Low Fat Triscuts or 1 slice of diet whole wheat bread toasted
1 T Land of Lakes Light Butter

Dinner:
6 oz chicken or turkey, or 3 oz of beef or 4 oz of pork, but normally chicken
2 Veggies
Fruit

Evening after the gym: LA Lite

Bev, will you be joining LA or doing it by yourself? Congrats on keeping the 20 lbs off, that is the hardest part of any plan. Good Luck and keep asking the questions, someone will always be checking and it's a wonderful group of ladies and very helpful!

Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 09:39 AM   #542  
BAS
BAS

Good Morning - wow you guys are awesome. How do I join LA? I've never heard of it around here. And can you tell me what a LA Lite is? Is that a bar? I'm gonna have to go shopping for just a few things. For breakfast I just had one slice of toast with spray butter and two egg whites. I shall go get a fruit shortly. I think I'm getting the hang of this. I like the fact that you eat several times a day to keep the metab up. I also have acid reflux so mini meals are a must for me.

Its 35 below with the windchill - but hopefully by this afternoon I can venture out. THank goodness the sun is shinning so bright. I have every curtain open to let it in.

I'll catch everyone later - going to get that fruit I should have. I feel great - thanks friends.

Hugs

Beverley
BAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 09:58 AM   #543  

Beverly,
35 below, now that is cold. Where are you from? I don't think I would be able to leave the house if it was that cold.
plunks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 10:33 AM   #544  

Good morning, chicks!

Beverly, nice to have you join us! Good golly, Where Do You Live - Alaska??? The Upper Peninsula??

About the plan - you can buy the exchange program off of ebay - get all colors for one single price. The color program is based on your weight and activity. Some one on this board can help you figure out which color LAWL would assign you to.

About the bars/lites - you do get two a day during the weight loss phase. Many of us substitute Luna bars as a replacement, since they match the LA bars in nutrients and calories. You can also find luna bars on ebay. There are also shake lites which are lower in calories, but since it's been cold I haven't tried them.

I'm on the purple plan since I started at 228 (down to 201.2 as of yesterday!) and will be on it until I reach 184, when I'm supposed to go on the gold plan.

My daily eating schedule:
2P, 2 S, 1D, 3F, 4V, 2 lites. 1 Fat

Breakfast (or the first thing I eat)
1 la lite - I've never been a big breakfast eater.

mid morning snack
fruit with yogurt

lunch
protein - 7 oz cooked chicken, 5 oz cooked beef/pork, 6 oz cooked fish.
2 veg, sometimes a starch - crackers, pita bread, small (very small) potato

mid afternoon
more fruit, sometimes a starch - like crackers with FF cream cheese. .

dinner
protein
last starch
last 2 veg
sometimes my last fruit - usually grapes or applesauce

after dinner snack
my final lite

So I 'bookend' my days with lites

BTW, you can substitute many Lean Cuisines or Healthy choices for 1 protein and 1 starch.
I usually use diet margerine as my fat, but occaisionally substitute nuts.

There are many restuarant options - I've moved to the new program so I have a new exchange booklet. If you decide to take the plunge I'll be happy to mail you the old one. It hasn't changed that much.

Sy - about the factor - I understand - I'm also that way and usually get really slow around TOM. But I have been more regular since LAWL - I'd say make sure you get your fats in - even if you start taking omega 3s with regular vitamins - I find it does help 'move' things along. I'm still not every day, just about 5 days a week. About TO - LA suggests not more often than every two weeks. I do find that it seems to start the metabolism up, and I've always dropped more than a pound when I do it (my vast experience of two times). I think it's the thing to do when I'm retaining water and the Scale Is Not Moving.

Karen - hope you get to enjoy a 'finished' house soon!

Star - yes, I think 3 tickers would be overkill. . .I'm sure David will be grow out of the tantrums. My mom used to call those 'phases'. Did any of you chickes ever get told that?

Now, I feel like I may have started something by suggesting doing lites all day Since I just got off of TO I'm liking food too much. . .

Hope you all have a good POP day!
{{Group Hug}}
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 10:33 AM   #545  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi all

I went grocery shopping last night before dinner and was starving, but wanted to get it done and out of the cold (-9 this a.m w/o the windchill), so i needed something quick and had my take-out guide with me and i was so excited that i could have a frozen french bread pizza and still be POP!!! How exciting is that! I weigh in today after work. Then I'm going home for a nap this afternoon and then i'm going to try and do my circuit gym at home, at the least, i'll do all the weight exercises.

Welcome, BAS! I'm a newbie, but everyone has been very welcoming. Where are you located? you can check out www.laweightloss.com and see if there is one near you.
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 11:16 AM   #546  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

I am in the mood for subway today. the kids are going out to eat with some friends of theirs. Are we able to have subway?

Bev
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 12:23 PM   #547  

Yup. I don't have my fast tracker but I know chicken breast and turkey are OK, meatball is not! (Those are my 3 favorites.) Counts as two starches, 1 protein and I think 1/2 or 1 veggie - remember if you put mayo and/or cheese to count as your fat and dairy. MMMM, now you've got me thinking about it, even though I've already had lunch!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 12:37 PM   #548  
BAS
BAS

Hello everyone- I see we have two Bev's on the Board. Why don't you use Beverley for me so you can tell us apart - I prefer it anyway.

Julie I would love your booklet. Can I send my address to you privately somehow so the whole internet doesn't get it?

I live in Northern Wisconsin about an hour from the UP. And I do intend to venture out today because I have no children to take with me. I'm used to it. A die hard I guess.

Well I think I've got lunch figured out - man thats alot of protein - whew. You girls are absolutely wonderful - I checked out the LA sight and there are none listed at all by me. I even tried listing a large city by me and no listings came up. Talk about being in the boonies .

Okay lunch time - Everyone is waiting for the "cook" to make them something to eat. - lol

Hugs
Old 01-15-2005, 12:41 PM   #549  
BAS
BAS

Oh one more thing- the veggies - are these only fresh or can they be canned - I haven't had canned peas in sooooooooooo long. Thanks

Beverley
Old 01-15-2005, 12:51 PM   #550  

Hi Everyone!

I have an hour left to get to WI and I just don't want to step outside! It's so darn COLD!!! Just think that this is my last winter up in Wisconsin and next winter I'll be enjoying the warmth of Texas! YIPPEE!

I did the JAZZERCISE class on Thursday night and it was so fun and over before I knew it! 60 minutes of aerobic , cardio, strength training with weights and so much more. I LOVE IT, but I'm a bit sore. I'll go again tomorrow.

Welcome Beverly! I hope you're able to find a LA Weightloss Center near you. This is a great program and this chat group is GREAT SUPPORT! I eat fresh, frozen and canned veggies. With the cans you have to watch out for high Sodium. Fresh and Frozen are definitely healthier! Beware of peas...they are considered a starch, as well as potatos and corn and all the fabulous breads out there. Most of us are only allowed 2 starches a day so it gets tricky and you have to decide...Do I want yummy bread and potatos or peas and corn. I always pick bread!

Well I'm off to WI...Talk to you all later!

Diane
Bride2Be_Diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 01:06 PM   #551  

Morning everyone - almost afternoon, really -

I had an interesting "mental shift" last night/this morning. Yesterday I wasn't very OP at all - I don't think I ate a single fruit or veggie, plus I did have a slice of that pizza and then made spaghetti for dinner and didn't stick to the 3/4 cup of pasta or whatever...in any case, a few hours after dinner I was really cranky, and DH asked what the matter was, and without really thinking about it I replied, "I think I'm angry because I wasn't very good to myself today." Talk about a revelation! To think that my subconscious has latched onto the idea that eating OP makes me feel better about myself than indulging in "junk!!" I hope that this new mindset sticks around! Feel free to remind me of this post the next time I start to slip.

Anyway, I've also found that if I have a day of overdoing the carbs, if I skip them entirely the next day, it gets me back in the OP frame of mind and I see less of an impact on the scale over the next few days. Carbs are definitely one of my weakest areas when it comes to staying OP.

Hope everyone is having a great OP day.

Fiona
Old 01-15-2005, 02:41 PM   #552  

By the way, I finally watched my tape of the BL finale this morning. Definitely a tearjerker! (Try explaining to a four year old why everybody on TV is crying when they are happy...?) Anyway, I almost feel bad for saying this, but I kept getting distracted by Kelly's arms! You could see she had some nice muscle tone going, but still all that loose stuff from losing the weight. Every time she lifted her arm to wave I was like, "don't you realize?!" ( ) I wonder if that is something that will go away over time, or if she'll have to maybe think about surgery? (Anybody else ever read the skin-removal surgery thread in the Maintainers forum? Wow! Heavy stuff, and something I hadn't even thought about before I started reading.)

Gosh it's quiet today............................................. ......can't wait til Monday when things get back to normal!

Fiona

Last edited by mkfionap; 01-15-2005 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-15-2005, 08:03 PM   #553  

Hi everyone,

Beverly - if you look at the upper right part of the screen under where it says 'Welcome - your name' you'll see a link for private messages. If you click on that you can send me (textjewel) your address privately.

Now, if you don't mind telling us, how much do you weigh? I can also forward to you the purple plan card, but the portion sizes from protein are larger than the gold plan . . . But the other serving sizes seem to be the same.

Also Star has the carb craver plan in soft copy format somehow and she can either fax it to you or I think email.

And yes, the plan does call for lots of protein and not so much starchy foods.

Diane - I have been afraid to try canned peas - and I LOVE them. Have you been getting good results with them? Do you get the no sodium kind? I've seen jazzercise advertised around here, and I may give it a try!

Bev - the meal planner shows roast beef, roast chicken, turkey breast (1V, 1P, 2S) and veggie delite (2V, 2S). Also Junior Style Deli Sandwich, roast beef (1/2p, 1v, 2s), roasted chicken breast, turkey breast, roast beef (2v, 1/2p, 2s) and the salads - garden fresh 2v, med chicken (2v, 1p).

Michelle- I love the LC's frozen pizzas - the beans and rice - etc. . .

In fact, I'm cooking beans now to eat this week . . . Think I'll try soup.

Catch you all later and stay warm!

Hug,
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 08:22 PM   #554  
BAS
BAS

Hi Julie

I pm'd you with my address and email - everything and anything is appreciated. I'm trying to read as much as I can to make sure I"m eating correctly. The low fat triscuits I had - wow out of this world. I haven't had crackers in over a year. THey tasted salty to me though because I'm wasn't used to salt.

I weight 183 right now -and want to get to 170 or 165. MOre than anything to get out of the 180's is my goal - only once on the old plan did it actually go to 179 and I think I blinked and it was gone (lol).

Okay I'll check back - I thank everyone for posting all the information - I've printed it and I'm reading it - I assume no low fat lunch meat or anything like that right?

About the peas - I Love fresh frozen peas on my salad even it will be my carb. On the old plan I was on the only carbs I had for one year was: white or sweet potato, white or brown rice and oatmeal - none other. Talk about depressing. I felt so funny buying the low fat bread today - It was almost like cheating - weird feeling - I had just given bread up for ever. And now I Can enjoy a piece now and then. And to have plain toast will be a treat. I think I'm gonna love this plan - I just hope my body does too and helps me loose.

Okay Gotta go do the "Walk Away the Pounds Tape" Catch you later.

Beverley
Old 01-15-2005, 09:37 PM   #555  
BAS
BAS

Default Luna Bars

I can order the Luna bars on Ebay or Amazon. Can anyone tell me another brand that is comparable so I don't have to order them off the internet? Thanks

Beverley