Old 01-14-2005, 12:25 PM   #526  

I would except that I'm at work....the other folks in the office might get upset!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 12:44 PM   #527  

Star: Not that I have braces, but IMHO on soft LA Lites. I know that the lemon, honey nugget and the cookie dough are software enough to cut with a knife without a struggle so chewing them should be better for you. I didn't think I liked the cookie dough, or didn't at the beginning. I tried them again a couple weeks ago, and I think they are now my favorite. I guess they would all be soft if you could put them near a heater for a few minutes and eat them when they are warm?

Karen: I have the same problem with ice-cream and Cool Whip and can't bring them into the house. I thought that when FF Cool Whip was OP I could handle it and purchased some. It lasted 2 times once out of the freezer, and that is only because when I opened it the first time - it was frozen. Once I saw it in the refrig after softened, well - all I can say is YIKES! Was able to get control just before I finished it to wash the rest down the sink. Needless to say, when I have SF jello, it's got to be without any CW. If you really need to have PB in the house, what you could do it buy the regular kind that come in packets, that way - if you ate the whole packet, it would only be 2 tablespoon and not an entire jar.

Sammy, sure hope that everything works out for DH and his new job. I know somewhat - what it feels like to lose a security blanket (such as a job) - but DH and I don't have kids and I do work so we didn't lose everything when DH got laid-off after 17 years at the same place. That was several years ago, and you know, he's working and we are doing just fine. Anything new is scarey. Keep your chin up! Sounds like a nice dinner you have planned for DH. Have fun!

Well, Hi to others. Later, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 01:46 PM   #528  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Sy...I've never seen the peanut butter in the packets....Hmmmm, oh I better not even think about that.... I do know what you mean about the cool whip. I put a whole bunch on my jello and then I end of eating the rest right out of the container until it is all gone. Geez, that really sounds awful. I'm rather quite the little oinker huh? Needless to say, anything like that, doesn't last long around me.....
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 01:48 PM   #529  

Thanks, chicks!

Had a great WI - I'm at 201.2 at the center- means I can change my avatar - I've lost 26.8 POUNDS since the beginning of October. Cannot Believe It.

And I'm also down 2 pounds on my 15 pound goal for the beginning of March.

Sy - I am WITH you on the icecream and CW. However, I'm finding that I don't do as much of it now that I know I can have it OP more than once a week. But sometimes the Binge Monster comes to visit, and I know what you mean.

Star - I admit that the dollar thing is like robbing Peter to pay Paul, but at least it makes me feel like I will have a fund for something special when I can fit into it. Why don't you get DH involved and have him pick out something. . . maybe that Red Bikini . . . Also, I do think the cookie doughs are consistently soft. Are you still doing TO this week?

BTW - how is the new glow-worm??

Fiona - I love cold pizza too (for breakfast). Nothing like it with hot coffee.

Sammy - I admire your spirit - fixing a special dinner tonight. I don't think it will be easy for your DH either being away from home so much.

Now, chicks - have you ever thought of eating lites all day say 6 or 7 -- sometimes the chocolate monster . . these monsters. .

Hugs,
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 02:17 PM   #530  

There are a lot of monsters sneaking around on the board today....Munchie Monster, Binge Monster, Chocolate Monster (I hear you on that one Julie!)....maybe if we all jump on our treadmills/bikes/steppers/ellipticals and run/pedal/step as fast as we can, we can escape them.......?

DH's student loan excess was deposited in our account today....we agreed that the $$$ would go toward paying off those Christmas bills...but do you think DH would notice if I used just a little of it (like maybe a third!) to buy the elliptical I've been dreaming about since October....? Just maybe!

Fiona

Fiona
Old 01-14-2005, 02:59 PM   #531  

Hi Chicks -
Just got back from the center, picked up some Lites; Honey Nougat, Dbl Choc and I wanted Peanut Butter - they were out of those. I don't remember ever trying the Honey Nougat. I'm getting ready to try one in afew minutes here.
The counslors suggested that I come in more often and let them help me lose this weight - hum? I guess they want to get rid of seeing me somewhere in the future. So I told them starting Monday, I will come in and weigh and become a good LA client (ofcourse they laughed). But I think I will seriously do that and see if that kicks me in the right direction.
Julie - yes I have thought of eating nothing but LA lites, say maybe 4 a day and water. I never did it but it sounded like my kind of plan. Now with the braces I can't see doing that. Check back with me next week. BTW, you go girl - with your two tickers.....lol
Later Chicks.....
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 04:13 PM   #532  

Fiona - you want to do something CONSTRUCTIVE when the binge monster hits???? What A Thought.

(sorry, chickies I am in A Capitalization Mood Today)

Star - Now, I don't think 4 a day is enough calories - it would be less than 1000 - now, for a switch from TO??? It's a thought. Thanks for noticing the dual tickers.

Okay, Britt, are you still on for the Birthday challenge/support group?

Catch you all later, and hope you have a good POP weekend.

Hugs,
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 05:18 PM   #533  

Julie - Two tickers no problem, now when you get another one up there - we'll talk.....lol
Wouldn't it be fun to do TO with bars.........what a wonderful thought....hum
Oh the Honey Nugat Bar warmed was great.
Glow worm is doing great (also known as Angel Princess). She lost her belly button thing yesterday...she's obviously ahead of her times.
Glow worms older cousin, David is one now and he's started having temper tantrums. They say when you tell him "no" he jumps up, throws himself backwards and lands on the floor crying. Now he always cries, but not sure if it's from madness or from hitting his head. I haven't seen this yet, but will get back to you when I do.
Have a great weekend....
Hugs Chicks....
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 05:25 PM   #534  

Star - I hope David's parents have the willpower and common sense to just let him bonk his head a few times and figure out that it's not getting him anything except a sore head! uch: Brianna never went into those physical, painful-to-watch tantrums but did (and does) have a tendancy to cry at every little thing. A simple "You know I don't pay attention to girls who cry instead of asking nicely" does the trick almost every time.

Hope you're having fun with Glow Worm/Angel Princess/Little Diva!

Fiona
Old 01-14-2005, 06:08 PM   #535  

Good evening all! Things have been CRAZY busy at work today and I am just not getting a chance to check in. I had a great on plan day, but I am exhausted and having a Healthy Choice meal and some raw veggies for dinner. I just dont feel like cooking. Tomorrow is weigh in!!! I am not "feeling" down, but we will see how it goes. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 06:52 PM   #536  

Star-
My newphew used to bang his head on the floor when he didn't get his way. One day he banged it so hard he bruised his forehead and never did it again.
Diana
plunks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 07:04 PM   #537  

Marcie: Good Luck at WI tomorrow. As far as not feeling down, I haven't felt down in over a week. So, I didn't even bother going to the center on my way home tonight, but did get to the gym - so hopefully by Monday I will do down at least 1 lb. Good Luck to you.

I may gross you all out, but I'm going to tell you why I don't think I'm down. My normal BM schedule ( embarrassed ) is like once every 3-4 days. It's been like this since I can remember, nothing medically wrong - just my system. Well, being POP brought that on more frequently until the holidays when I started eatting junk food and sweets. So, when 4-5 days went by and nothing, I went to the health food store to get some "Get Regular" herbal tea made by Yogi. It works similar to a laxative, but no stimulant. Okay, so I drank some tea a few nights in a row and it solved the problem. But, after a couple days of drinking the tea, I found that I was kind of working more like laxatives - where when you stop taking them, you would get more behind than you were when you started. I don't do the laxative thing, and I've tried the fiber thing, doesn't seem to do anything to my system and in most cases made things worse. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't even know if I got a stomach flu as it would have no affect on my system (not sure if that's affect or effect?). So, I'm trying my best to get all my water in as I feel that it helps me out a lot, and trying to stay POP as best I can. Also trying desparately not to fix myself any of that tea. So, until something moves - I won't feel any better. When I do, I will go and WI. Maybe it will happen in the morning and I can go for an early WI, otherwise I won't be going until Monday.

You all have a great idea about doing TO with the bars, I think I could handle that and not even drink any juice. I'm sure I could do it with 5, but 6 would be perfect. The people at the center would flip out, but isn't that what they are there for? LOL! If anyone tries it and is willing to share the results, I'd be interested.

I'm thinking of doing TO again next week, I think we can do it every other week, right? Or, is it every 3rd week? If I do, I will be getting the Krundsen juice at the local store - since their juice didn't have any different effect on my WL last week.

Karen: Hope you can relax and enjoy your new home this weekend. Hey, did they ever finish mading that repair from the water damage?

Well, I'll check back later. To all of you that don't post over the weekend, have a great one.

Sy

P.S. Decided to preview my post and man, did I find many mistakes. I hope I fixed them all. If not, I'll try harder next time.
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 07:29 PM   #538  
BAS
BAS

Default I'm new to this!

I was invited to join by my two best friends Karen and Trina - I've said Bye Bye to the 6WBO - can't handle it any more - its way too strict!

I'm hoping to try the LA Diet. It looks awesome and to have bread again and a saltine cracker - I had given that up for 15 months yesterday - Today I actually had a low fat sub sandwich - and it felt wonderful - I was so satisfied.

Anyway about the plan - I have a few questions - everyone on this forum is doing the LA plan right? And you can have two bars per day? Could a few of your give me a outline of what you might eat in one day. That will help get me started.

Besides the Luna Bars - is there another bar similar - I've never seen this brand of bars before.

To introduce myself I'm 51, married for 32 years, have two children, 30 - girl and 24 boy. My son still lives at home until this fall when he will be getting married. I have one grand daughter 3 1/2 the heart of my soul she is. She lives about 1 1/4 hours away from me but I have her almost every other weekend thank goodness. I did manage to loose 20 wonderful pounds on the 6WBO and keep it off for over a year. I've also learned to exercise and enjoy it and make it part of my life. And I crave water more than ever. I've given up soda and caffeine. Makes me feel great.

Hope I"m in the right sight - sorry to anyone if I'm not.

Hugs

Beverley
BAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 06:42 AM   #539  

What is 6WBO?
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 07:32 AM   #540  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Good Morning Chicks,
Hi Bev...So glad you made it over here. You will really like this group. Everyone is so helpful and supportive.
Marcie...It's the 6 week body makeover (Michael Thurmond) The guy from Extreme Makeover. It's a very hard diet to follow. You only get 2oz meat at a time, no salt etc. You can check it out at provida.com. It's very restrictive and not fun to do (not that any of these are fun)
Sy....The guys came here on Dec. 3 and fixed the ceiling, one wall, and put new carpet down. Then they told me they would be back in 6 weeks. Can you believe that. Well, the 6 weeks was up yesterday so I guess it's time to get back on the phone now.
Bev...On the blue plan I would usually have an egg (done with pam) or egg beaters (1/4 cup) and toast with butter spray for breakfast. Snack, fruit and a bar. Lunch, cup of salad with 6oz. chicken. Snack, fruit and bar or 2 fruits. Dinner, 6oz chicken, fish etc. 2 cups of veggies and either bread, or baked potato.Then at night I would usually have SF jello and yogurt or fit the yogurt in somewhere during the day if I was hungry. The gold plan, I would just take away the egg (1/2 protein) and bread (1 starch)
I hope this helps...Maybe we could all share a sample menu of what we eat. That way maybe it will help the rest of us with some menu choices as well.
Bev....If you have any questions, just ask away. Everyone is here to help.
Hi to everyone. I'll check back in later.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote