Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2002, 04:24 PM   #1  

Default La Weightloss #49

Hi ladies:
That thread was getting so long.
Old 06-28-2002, 04:23 PM   #2  

Default TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi gals!

I weighed in today and i'm still 176.8. I thank God for that, cause I still haven't gotten it together. It's been 1.5wk that i'm still messing around. Hopefully this weekend i'll do some real soul searching.

Is everyone getting ready for the weekend? Anyone weigh in today?

kathy
Old 06-28-2002, 05:32 PM   #3  

I'm "on hold" right now because I'm working in The Middle of Nowhere, New Hampshire... so I've been weighing myself. This morning, my scale showed the first real drop since I went on hold. Whew But my scale is really poor quality, so it often fluctuates a little more than I think it should.

Stick with it, Kathy We're here for support. You'll get it together soon enough. Just imagine how nice it will be to reach your goal weight!!
Old 06-29-2002, 08:34 AM   #4  

Unhappy goodbyes

I came in to say goodbye and to thank all of you for your help and your considerate answers to questions. I have had problems from the get go with unethical behaviour at my center and I had hoped that things were ironed out but like you paid a lot of money and do not feel I am getting what I deserve or was promised in support. So I am saying goodbye to LA and asking for a refund. I am sure there is a fight ahead of me but I have to do what I think is right. Stand up for yourselves. do not be pushed and abused by anyone and try hard to lose your weight as its easy when you are young ladies but as you reach menopause its very very hard. So hang in there and demand the support you were promised. I wish you all much luck. Take care
Pam
Old 06-29-2002, 10:09 AM   #5  

Kathy:
I have been fooling around also, I have not gotten it together yet, but I have not given up. Good luck with the soul searching.
Pam good luck with the refund a doctor's note might help, I know it does take a while to get it. It is hard when you don't like the center and not getting the support that you need. good luck.
I skipped the center this week I felt like I need a break, it hasn't holped though I just hope I get back on track and finish up.
Have a great weekend
Diane I
04/06/01 201
06/22/02 144.9
goal 135 ( I might change to 140)
Old 07-01-2002, 02:48 PM   #6  

Hi All!

I went to W-I this morning and I gained 2@ over the weekend. Today i'm much more on track than I have been in 2wks. I'm really gonna apply myself this week. I don't care what kind of mood I get into, no extra or different food than what I have planned. It does help that I bring my lunch to work, so I have no excuses.

Pam- I'm sorry to see you go. Do you have any diet plans? You can still check in here even though your not w/ a particular center. I'm sure all of us, would love to still share this weightloss journey w/ you. Think about it! Good luck! Have you tried WW before?

dianem1- you are so close to your goal! Come on girl, get back on track, you can do it! It's worth it, and i for one know it's easier said than done! I find you very inspiring, you've come from around my weight group and made it down so far! Come on, lets me good this week!

xYTz- Sorry you out in the middle of nowhere. LOL It's nice to see your still on your personal program though. Congrats on the scale finally budging!

I'll check in tomorrow, and let you guys know how I DID stay OP for one whole day!

kathy
184/178.6/120

Last edited by Kitkat3NY; 07-01-2002 at 03:45 PM.
Old 07-01-2002, 02:52 PM   #7  

Hi Ladies:
How was your weekend? I did not do so well. Looking to get back on track.
Jibbelle How have you been? did you recover from your surgery all right.
Diane
Old 07-01-2002, 02:56 PM   #8  

Hi - I am new to this website, but find it very helpful. I joined LAWL 1 month ago. I have lost 8 lbs thus far. I am on the red plan. I find lunches hard. I usuallly bring my lunch, but without lunch meat it is hard to come us with lunches. Any suggestions. I don't usually eat frozen dinners, but I guess that would be the easiest thing to do. Do you still lose as much if you each frozen dinners. I feel like I am eating the same thing at every meal. I need some ideas. Thanks. Liz
Old 07-01-2002, 03:50 PM   #9  

WELCOME LIZ! I'm sorry I can't give you any advise, cause i'm doing the samething. I'm also eating the same protein source at every meal, and it causes me to get sick of it and than before I know it, i'm holding somekind of delicious fast food in my hands. I'm looking forward to reading others advice to you, so I can get some help myself. Good luck, and congrats on the 8# gone!

dianem1- sorry you didn't do so well this weekend. Don't worry, today is a new day. And if you've already messed up today, the day isn't over, it's not to late to eat great the rest of the day. My problem is, once I cheat a little during the day, I decide that it doesn't make sense to continue eating clean cause i've already messed up, but that's not true. Come on, join me girl! I've been pretty good today, the first day in 2wks! I've gained 5# in 2wks, i'm kicking myself right now!

kathy
Old 07-01-2002, 03:59 PM   #10  

Kathy:
Thanks! That is my problem to, once I cheat on something I keep it going and there is not reason not to. I have had a good day so far and I have gone up about the same. I feel like I am going backwards. I can't believe how easy it was to let the old habits back in after how well I have done for the past year.
I feel like this is the big test if I can get over this binging cycle I let myself into for the past three months. I can do anything. It is funny sometimes how I let food be the god of my life.
Thanks again Kathy for the support. You made me fell better.
Welcome Liz, the support here is great.
Diane
04/06/01 201
06/16/02 144.9
goal 135
Old 07-01-2002, 08:36 PM   #11  

Hi Liz.
I'm new, too. I can relate to the lunch dilemma. I talked to my counselors and you can have lunchmeat: low-sodium turkey is basically your only option. Wampler's low sodium turkey is very low and Butterball makes a low sodium option as well. The next time you go in to weigh in, ask one of your counselors to sit down and help you come up with meal suggestions to change things up a bit. I'm also on the red plan.
I have to say that I still lose the same amount when I add the frozen dinners. I eat a lot of them, about 5 or more a week. I've been OP for a month and I've lost 20 pounds so far (I have a lot to lose and I did the LA Express).
Tai
Old 07-02-2002, 09:34 AM   #12  

Thumbs down Hi everybody!

Well, I survived the weekend. And lost over a pound at weigh in. Yay! I mostly did it by trying to stay on plan most of the day and then trying to eat things off the plan in moderation at night. But last night I had fresh peach ice cream! Yummy! What next?

And I found a wedding dress! I ordered it yesterday in a size 10!!!!! (I think the designer's sizes run big, but still).

I've been doing OK with lunches. Jack in the Box has a terrific Chicken Fajita Pita 1 starch, 1 protein, 1 fat ( I originally typed Pizza - I think it was a freudian slip) , I've brought in frozen dinners, and I'm planning to bring a salad for lunch today. Oh and I bought a carton of cottage cheese and I've been having it with fruit at lunch. So far the key to my plan has been eating the Lites for snacks so I'm not TOO hungry when I'm eating lunch or dinner. I have been eating A LOT of chicken.

Today's goal: Spent the whole day OP. Next: go on vacation and not back slide TOO much. I'll be traveling a lot so it might not work out as well as this week.

Pam, good luck with getting your refund back and I hope you find something that works for you. Please come back and tell us how it goes with you.

Kathy, how did it go yesterday?

Linda (164/156/140)
Old 07-02-2002, 10:31 AM   #13  

Can someone tell me what OP is? I am new at this and trying to figure everyting out. Kathy, thanks for your reply. I can use all the help I can get. I messed up last weekend. I ate a little Chinese food. I was up a lb on Monday. The counselor said I shouldn't have had beef and rice together. I forgot about that. I think I had too much sodium. No more chinese for me. I am back on now and hopefully will continue loosing. I have been loosing about 2 lbs a week and I would like to continue that. If anyone has any good lunch ideas that are easy, please let me know.
Old 07-02-2002, 11:08 AM   #14  

Hello all...and welcome to the new faces!

Liz-
I have found that chinese is the worst thing to eat! It always makes me go up. I am pretty sure it is the sodium. OP is "on plan".

Diane-
Surgery went well...no complications...they gave me the metal shard that was in my arm! When I finally got off the antibiotics and pain meds I got a sinus infection and am back on antibiotics again!

I had not been to the center in 10 or 12 days. When I went this morning I was up to 244.4....that is a lot from my lowest weight of 237.4. I have essentially been off the plan for over a week now, so they told me to do the 3 day LA Express that you do when you start. Instead of the take off drink I am doing 2 oranges a day.

I am really ready to get back on track now! I have my 10 year high school reunion in Sept and I still have a lot to lose. My first goal is to get back down to the 50 lb loss mark of 238. Hopefully I can do that in the next few weeks.

I have been gone for a bit, so there are so many posts to catch up on. Hope everyone is doing great!! I am going to weigh in Friday, after my 3 day LA Express. I should be down!

Take care all-
Marcie

Last edited by Jibbelle; 07-02-2002 at 12:37 PM.
Old 07-02-2002, 12:42 PM   #15  

Hi All!

I DID IT! I MADE IT THROUGH ONE WHOLE DAY OF CLEAN EATING! I'm so happy! Well today is going just as great, last night afterwork I even managed to get in 30mins of intense cardio w/ weights. I'll be doing 30mns cardio 5x a week, w/ 1 body part worked w/ weights 6x a week. I'm doing Cathe Freidrich's Cross Trainers series. you can check it out at
www.cathe.com I also wanted to advise anyone who doesn't like working out at the gym, they can go to www.collagevideo.com and pick out any video that interest you. (not free of course. LOL) they also send out free updated catalogs every 3mths of new tapes from tons of different instructors that aren't able to sell their tapes in stores. Or you can also go to www.videofitness.com and check out reviews and other related fitness stuff. And one more www.fitprime.com this site was made by Anna Benson who is the creative mind behind The Firm. She created a new company and you can also talk to Susan Harris, from volume one tape, first firm tape made and Tracie Long, who as appeared on several firm tapes. check it out! Sorry, I just have to spread the fitness word everywhere I go. Oh, Collagevideo.com is also a great place to pick up a lot of Leslie Sansone video's that aren't in the store and Denise Austin as well.

Diane- you've been OP for 1yr? Wow, that really inspires me! You've done a great job, this little binge your on is nothing compared to the weeks of sacrifice you've made already!

Tai- WELCOME! You'll love this board. Wow 20# in 1mth already? WTG! Good to know that you've still lost weight eating frozen dinner, cause I think that's the route I may take. Sometimes, I just can't look at the same ole chicken everyday. And frozen meals add lost of flavor, that I don't have to make myself. LOL Thanks!

Linda- good job on loosing that pound. hey, one pound at a time right?LOL Hopefully I would've lost a pound that I gained recently, keeping my fingers crossed.

Liz- OP for me from the WW (weight watcher) days means on plan, on program, on point!

Guys,I know this sounds bad, but what also got me back on track yesterday was visualizing the faces of the people at my center and how smug they look everytime I gain weight. I know if I keep OP i'll never have to see that look again, I absolutely hate it! It's like they act better than me or something. Wow, LAWL should train these people better, I notice a lot of people have bad experiences at their centers. My center isn't too bad though.

Marcie- Sorry you got a little set back, but your taking care of it now and that's all that matters! Let us know what you weigh in on Fri!

Kathy

Last edited by Kitkat3NY; 07-02-2002 at 12:56 PM.
Closed Thread