Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 05:28 PM   #46  

GO JOY! GO JOY!lol
Old 07-08-2002, 06:11 PM   #47  

Kathy;
For the summer slimdown at my center we were given a book with some recipes in it and there is some coupons in the back of it. Later on I found out that there was also 4 weeks of menu's that my mother told me about. they are advertising it on t.v. so I do not know why your center does not have it. Have you asked them about it. Even just for the booklet with the recipes in it (not that I have used it yet. My center is also in NY so I don't see why you should not have it.
Diane
Old 07-09-2002, 12:50 PM   #48  

Thanks Diane- would you believe I picked up the summerslim down booklet at my center but I just thought there was more to it. I didn't realize it was just the receipes and coupons that everyone was talking about, I thought I was missing more. LOL Thanks again.

Hi all,
I've been having a pretty great workout weekend. It started from Sat and is still continuing. I popped into my center to just weigh myself and i'm the same.

I got the LA lites chicken soup today, wow that is really good and it keeps me so full! Has anyone else tried it?

kathy
184/175.6/120
Old 07-09-2002, 03:26 PM   #49  

Kathy-
I use the chicken soup a lot. Often I eat it for dinner and put grilled chicken and brocolli in it....I usually make it with milk.

Sometimes I eat it by itself, but not often. I keep a few in my desk at work!
Old 07-09-2002, 07:01 PM   #50  

Default ugh

OK, so I finally made it down to 163#, which is about the weight I'd been lying to people saying I was. I was almost squeezing into a size 10, and INEXPLICABLY I gained SIX POUNDS over the weekend. I was almost all OP, with the exception of Chinese food one night. I've been working out every day and sticking to the plan... I certainly haven't eaten SIX POUNDS worth of food in one weekend. I realize it's probably some water retention issue, but it's SO demoralizing. I just want to EAT and eat

But I'm trying to remain OP and ride things out. Maybe it'll drop off again. I'd say it was my Time of the Month, but I'm on meds that make my cycle very irregular (i.e. no period for 4 months, then a three-week period, repeat). I'm SO FRUSTRATED! My scale is also cheap and inaccurate sometimes, so I guess that could be the answer too. Anyone have any tips for getting through a bad self-esteem week?

Oh, and my job really sucks too. Thankfully it's over in a little less than a month. Sorry to be so negative, ladies
Old 07-10-2002, 11:25 AM   #51  

Angry Back from vacation...

Hi eveybody,

Well, I'm back from vacation. I was bad, bad, bad and my own scale tells me that I gained. But now I'm back home and going to be back on plan!

Jibbelle, I'll be living in Maplewood. My fiance works in Creve Coeur very close to a center, but I haven't seen one near Maplewood.

xYTx, you go! Don't let one bad weekend set you back. I feel that if you gained the weight that quickly without doing much off plan, that it will come off more easily, too and you have a happy weigh in in your future! What's with the job? What happens in a month? Job frustrations can be very depressing!

I'm glad to hear the chicken soup is good. It's too hot right now to think about soup, but I love it!! I'm getting a little tired of grilled chicken.

Wish me luck at weigh in!

Linda
Old 07-10-2002, 12:37 PM   #52  

Good Morning!

How is everyone doing? I'm fine. I still have 2.6# to loose to get back to what I was 2wks ago. I weighed in this morning and i'm stil the same! Well, hopefully I can be good over the weekend, and i'll be down my Mon. My monthly friend is on her way, so I suppose that has something to do w/ it as well.

xYTx- I'm sorry you shot up 6#, it's definately the chinese food. Even though you may not feel bloated, chinese food can really ruin it for you. They have so much salt on their food it's not funny. The weight will come off, it's just water! I know how you feel girl, just stick w/ it and before you know it, those 6# plus some are all gone! Congrats for getting down to 163! I can only hope for that success!

Lindaby- Welcome back! Good luck on your weigh-in today, let us know how it goes! They always have the A/C turned up really high in my office so the chicken soup is perfect, but when the weather cools down, it's a good by!

kathy
Old 07-10-2002, 08:36 PM   #53  

Hi All:
Well I am going back to the center tomarrow. I had to go back sometime. I am finding it very hard to stick to program lately and i know I have gained to much to say O.K. I have had enough.
xYTx I know how you feel I was down to 139 and I have been messing up ever since I would say I put on about 12 pounds, but i keep trying. I can say I have not been doing the program so well I have been doing it half way, with this program there is not much room to fool around.
Hey Kathy my new fitprime is in the mail I will let you know how I like it.
Diane
04/06/01 201
06/15/02 144.9
goal 135
Old 07-11-2002, 10:41 AM   #54  

Talking Gained 3 lbs

Well, it could have been worse. I've lost a total of 5 lbs over 3 weeks. But I think I can do better this week, so we'll see.

I've been very bad at taking my vitamins and that is a habit I would lkike to get into, so I think I try to get back in the swing.

Kathy, they keep the a/c up at my office, too. Imagine taking a sweater to work when it's going to be 110 out. It just seems silly. But they don't (usually) keep it cold enough for soup. Maybe it's a mental thing.

Diane, good luck at the center today! Let us know how it goes - it looks like you are so close!

Linda
(164/158.8/140)
Old 07-11-2002, 10:46 AM   #55  

Unhappy Wrong smiley

Hey, that wasn't the smiley that I picked, was it? Let's try it again.

Oh and this one's cute

Linda
Old 07-11-2002, 11:22 AM   #56  

Good Morning guys!

Ok, i've basically been off plan for 2wks and have gained back 2# last week. I've remained the same so far. i just can't seem to get it together! Everyday, i've been doing the plan ok, but I keep adding in chips at my lunch time and little things like that. I'm so dissapointed cause this program isn't cheap!LOL Well, last night I got into the icecream again! I don't think I did too much damage, but i'll let you know tomorrow at my weigh in.

I bought the "Hollywood diet" drink from GNC yesterday and i'm gonna do my own 2-day express over the weekend. I think seeing some quick results will keep me motivated. Will I was doing LAWL express last time, my mom did it w/ me, but since she didn't have the LAWL juice she used the "Hollywood diet" juice and it did the same trick. Wish me luck!

Linda congrats on the 5# gone! Be happy girl, to think in 2wk I gained 2#, so loosing 5# is a great thing! Enjoy it, you deserve it! Yes, I know exactly what you mean, about traveling w/ sweaters in the summer time to wear to work cause you know your butt will be freezing all day!LOL I'm wearing one right now!LOL

Diane, i'm right w/ you! I can't seem to get it together either! And we both know it's worth it and it's not like it's any less important to us, I just can't figure out why I can't stick to the program. Well, i'm gonna concentrate on it this weekend. But for today and tomorrow, I will NOT deviate from plan for anything! I want to loose 3# by Mon, or just anything, at this point i'll take anything! I'm sorry you gained some weight back. Things will get better. Did the center say you gained back 12# or you speculate? Maybe it's not as bad as you think? You've come a long way though! You can make it to the finish line, your almost there!

Have a great day guys, and i'll be peeking in from time to time to see if anyone has posted, I could use a pretty good encouraging chat right about now!

Kathy
Old 07-11-2002, 11:27 AM   #57  

Diane- thanks, pls let me know how you like Up&Down, i'm waiting for reviews before I purchase. Did you hear about the 6 new firms available by Collagevideo.com at the end of the week? You can preorder now if you like, but they aren't shipping out till the end of the week. I'm holding out for DVD's or if I see someone selling them on the Firm Ya Ya's swap i'll pick them up.

Kathy
Old 07-11-2002, 11:48 AM   #58  

Hi Everyone:
Well I did have a gain as I expected.
Kathy it is not 12 pounds i gained but 10.6 all together. It is only 5 from the last time I went to the center. I can't keep buying these extra weeks it is getting kind of silly.
I am just getting into DVd's, I did order the New Firm last night. I like Cathe's Dvd's the best. I have ordered the dvd's from the firm and living arts but I was disappointed in the chaptering.
Linda it sounds like we are all doing the same thing.
Kathy I used the hollywood diet in the beginning of the week I like the taste better. La says it is not the same but all the Nutrition info is the same.
My Birthday is on Tuesday, I would not mind losing three also.
Hey Marcie how are you doing?
Diane
04-06-01 201
07-11-02 149.8
goal 135
Old 07-11-2002, 12:06 PM   #59  

HI Diane- care to join me this weekend? I'm doing it for sure! I already have the juice, and i'm doing the vegetarian 2-day express where you can have a total of 6eggs or 12eggs whites, juice, 2 lite bars and 2 portions of veggies for the day. I just won't use the Morton lite salt cause the "Hollywood diet" already has potassium. I'm really looking forward to sticking to this for 2days. Hopefully by Mon I can give them a shock at my center.

Sorry you had a set back but you can fix it! Are you OP now? What do you say to doing the 2-day thing w/ me or anyone else who is off track and wants to join in, the more the merryier. We can all be hungry this weekend together. LOL

Diane- I feel so overwhelmed by all these new tapes coming out at once, Cathe, firm, fitprime. I don't usually do this, but I don't think i'm gonna get any of them right now. I have all of Cathe's stuff, it would just be nice to have an all abs dvd from her. I'm in no rush these days, which is strange for me, cause i'm usually the first one to preorder. LOL

Oh,what do you mean you used the hollywood diet in the beginning of the week already? Are you just coming off the express diet?

Kathy
Old 07-11-2002, 06:45 PM   #60  

All is well here...nothing exciting to report. I have been pretty good at sticking to the plan this week. I am hoping it shows on Saturday when I weigh in!

Things have been so busy between work and school I have not had time to cheat!
Closed Thread