Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2001, 08:36 PM   #1  

Hi everyone!!!!!!!! That was getting long!!!!!!!

Well---I weighed in today------GREAT NEWS-----I LOST 3 pounds!!!!!!! I guess the effort and hard work the last few days really paid off. As I had said in the past---I had gone off a bit in the last month (went away on vacation and couldn't get back into the swing of things since I have been back). I guess clothes shopping the other day really got me motivated. I knew that if I had kept on plan, I would have been one size smaller. Oh well, better late then never to get back on. I was still going and getting weighed in--but, then, knowing I hadn't gained any weight--I would then go and eat something I shouldn't have.
Anyway-----BACK ON TRACK and losing I am!!!!!I have now lost 44 pounds!!!!!The last time I got measured (a little over a month ago-I lost 29 1/2 inches!!!!)

BELA--I saw PAt today--she was happy that I have started to lose again. She was surprised when I told her I spoke to you online.

Anyway---gotta get my boy to bed and drink my 30 ounce bottle of water. I KNOW the 100 + ounces of water a day for the past few days really helped.

Good Luck and Take Care everyone!!!!!!!
Margaret

Last edited by maggiemay; 04-25-2001 at 08:39 PM.
Old 04-26-2001, 07:16 AM   #2  

Great Job Margaret!

I gained for my second time at weigh in esterday. i may be hittng a plateau. I only gained 1/4 a pound so I am not worried.

Good luck everyone!
Karen
Old 04-26-2001, 08:37 AM   #3  

I weighed in yesterday and maintained-no gain, no loss!
I'm thrilled! After the weekend I had, it was truley a miracle!!!! I'm back on track! I agree Margaret, the 100+ oz water makes a huge difference!

Congrats on your weight loss and measurements!
I am measuring tomorrow!

Is there anyone out there that notices that food doesn't taste the same? Even the things that you absolutely die for, has a different taste. Just an observation on this end.

Keep drinking and eating!
Janie
Old 04-26-2001, 08:40 AM   #4  

Default LA Weightloss Bars

Good morning,
I am new to this site and want to thank you all for sharing your struggle!
I am following the LA Weightloss Diet, but not as an active member of any center. I followed the plan in 1998 and was successful in losing 25 lbs. Since that time, I have eaten like "tomorrow was a rumor" and now I need to lose 30 lbs. Since 04/18 I have been following the plans from my old notes and I have lost 7lbs.!!!
I don't want to buy the bars from the local center - they are too expensive and I never liked the taste. Can anyone recommend a protein bar that I can buy in a supermarket or health food store that is comparable to LA Weightloss' bars.
I have been following the gold plan and then once I reach my half-way point, I will switch to the green plan!
Thanks.
Old 04-26-2001, 12:15 PM   #5  

Tom's wife:

Try the luna bar. They are delicious and nutritionally comparable to the LA lite. What is the green plan. I am on gold, and kind of hit a plateau at 40-41 lbs. Please tell... Thanks
Old 04-26-2001, 12:50 PM   #6  

Hi all

mom - the green plan is the "lowest" plan - it is for people weighing below a certain weight (sorry I don't remember the number)

tomswife - congrats to you on following plan - iwanted to do that to without going back to the center ($$) but I just never had the willpower (which is why i am 100 pds overweight, no willpower) so congrats to you! thats fantastic

maggie - thanks for sending pat my regards , when i get back to a recognizable weight/size I will stop in and see her - congrats on your 3pounds that is awesome!!!!!

ok - so I weigh in last night and granted I know I am pms'ing but I was up 4lbs (i almost cried when I got on the scale and it said 221.25, I was so happy last friday when i got out of the 220's, that was a huge deal for me because I haven't been able to for the last year and a half. so I sit with a counselor I have not sat with yet, who I think was from corporate , and she starts asking me what did i eat ( i didn't have my diary , well I didn't have my whole purse because I left it at work being in such a rush to get there for weigh in!!) anyway I was racking my brains and I explained that i drink 5-6 liters of water a day which is close to 200 ounces - and she said that is no good - now I am confused , has anyone else heard this? I have always drank close to 100 ounces before I was dieting and it doubled only because it takes the edge of the hunger , i am really feeling icky and discouraged right now, and just 5 days ago I was so happy with my weight loss

thanks for listening sorry so long - like i said , PMS ....

keep well all
Old 04-26-2001, 12:52 PM   #7  

Default Mom2Twins

Thanks for the 411 on the Luna Bars. Can you recommend any special flavor?
I don't have the green plan information with me today. I will try to send the information to you tonite, otherwise, I will bring to work tomorrow and write it out for you.
If I remember correctly, you get one less fruit and one less vegetable each day. Don't hold me to that - I want to double check at home.
Thanks again for helping me out. These boards are such a big help. I like this so much better than visiting a center!
Old 04-26-2001, 01:16 PM   #8  

Default BELA67

These boards are my willpower. The other thing that is motivating me is that the warm weather is approaching and I have been wearing big sweaters with the top button of my jeans undone all winter and I know I can't get away with it in the heat!!!
I tried ww last year and I found that there were just too many options for me - I need the restriction. I misplaced the maintenance plan for LAWL back in 1998 and my center wouldn't replace it - so I never learned how to slowly introduce other foods. I am hoping that these boards will help me in that area also.
Remember, we can do it!! We all have the ability to reach our dreams and if we have the desire and the determination - it can be done. We are worth it!!!
Old 04-26-2001, 03:43 PM   #9  
Spicy Chick

Default HI

Hi everyone..good to hear from everyone...

Bela: don't get discouraged you are PMS"g, the scale will go back down..you will be below 220 again..sometimes the scale is not nice to us and it can be a real downer.

I usually gain 3-4lbs during my T.O.M...When it is over I drop the gain and sometimes loose 1 more lb. My best losses are after my T.O.M.

Take your measurements as a extra motivator when your bloating is down..stay OP and continue on the treadmill...you can do this..it is only a temporay setback!!

Di
Old 04-26-2001, 09:15 PM   #10  

Tomswife:

I love the chocolate pecan pie and the Lemon Zest. They are my favorite Luna bars. haven't tried all of them yet. Nutrition depot is the cheapest around here about .99 each. Look around though, the supermarket charges $1.49 each. Walgreens, Duane Reed also sell them.
Old 04-27-2001, 08:29 AM   #11  

Default Mom2Twins

I brought the green plan with me to work. You are allowed 2 proteins, 2 vegetables, 2 fruits, 2 starches, 1 fat, 4oz. skim milk and 2 supplements per day. The only difference between the green plan and gold plan is the number of fruits and number of vegetables allowed daily.
I checked my log from 1998 and I began this when I had reached my 1/2 way point.
I am going to try the Luna bars this weekend - hopefully I will find them around here - we don't have any Walmart's in NYC. Hey Bela67 - thanks for your recommendations!
Everyone, have a great day and remember to drink your water and keep fighting the fight! We can do it.
Old 04-27-2001, 08:43 AM   #12  

Default Hello to all!

Does anyone know how much the bars are exactly. I'm considering dropping the bars. Even though they are helping with my cravings, it just seems so expensive. I bought a 5 week bulk at the beginning so I'm not too sure about the price per box!

Bela,
Don't lose heart! PMS is always a bad time for me too!
Always remember you can gain up to 4lbs with PMS!
I agree the week after is usually my best time too, because I'll (hopefully) see a major weight loss! I have a hard time with this too. You're also dealing with the emotional aspects of PMS too, which makes it seem even worse! I'm going into my T.O.M so, I'm sure that I'll have a gain sometime within the week so I'm preparing myself for it!
I also know how you feel about the "corporate" couselor. That was my problem when i started 2 yrs ago!
Now the center I go to is a franchise. It is a whole different world! They are much more supportive than before!

My problem is that I'm getting constipated! I'm doing all of my fruit and veggies and water. I'm on the red plan so it's a LOT of stuff!

Better get back to work! Weigh in today! Have a great weekend all!

Janie
Old 04-27-2001, 05:00 PM   #13  

Tom's wife:

The green plan seems a little skimpy to me. I don't think I could do it. I finally went to weigh in today. I was up 1 1/4 lbs. I know it is not the end of the world but I felt really bad. I am getting back to it strictly, I know I can do it. I bought the juice and will be doing the juice over the weekend. The counselor was very supportive, no berrating or chastising. I was surprised how supportive she was. It is a mental problem at this point. I am disappointed in not losing the weight in the prescribed time frame. The longer I don't go to weigh in the longer I am off plan. I signed up for 7 more weeks. I really am going to get serious now. I need to focus, so I can get to stabilization and maintenance and learn how to keep this off for the long haul. Thanks for listening.
Old 04-27-2001, 06:41 PM   #14  

Default Hey everyone!!

HI THERE!!!

I'm so sorry I've been gone for so long. I got back home mid week last week and had company till Sunday and have been soooo busy since then. Hubby comes home on May 8th!!!! Only 10 days and a wake up to go!!! Then we only have 3 weeks until they come pack us up and we're outta here on our way to Maryland!

My trip was absolutely UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! I had the time of my life. I shopped and shopped and shopped and then shopped some more. I got everything from shoes and tops to lingerie and leather and just about everything you could think of inbetween. You can get just about anything you want custom made to you measurements over there. And the really cool part is they hold onto your measurements and they will do email orders. All I have to do is send them a picture and tell them who I am and they'll make it to fit me and ship it out to me. Pretty cool huh? I had to buy luggage to come home with. I came home with twice as much as I left with. I knew that would happen though, I packed as light as possible for the trip over just for that reason. We actually bought a 4 pc luggage set and Carl is bringing home the other two pieces with him when he flies. The flight was so extremely long, but seeing Carl waiting for me after I got through customs was well worth the ride. Korea is an absolutely gorgeous country. There are mountains everywhere you turn and all the cities and villages are all nestled in the valleys. Even Seoul is inbetween a ton of mountains. Wow is that ever an incredible city. We stayed on the Army base right in Seoul for a couple nights and got to do some sightseeing. The base he's at is this itty bitty place with absolutely nothing to do in the middle of nowhere. We had to drive quite a distance to get anywhere. It was kind of nice though, gave us alot quiet time together to just enjoy each others company or just talk. I tried alot of different Korean foods while I was there. I figured, what the heck, I'm here I may as well try their food. Most of it was really good. They use alot of spice made with hot pepper and it took some getting used to but generally it was good. Tried Kimshi...sort of fermented cabbage preserved in this hot pepper sauce. It wasn't too bad, not one of my favorites. Hubby made me try squid. YUCK!!!!!! I didn't know what it was till after I ate it, knew I didn't like it though. Really rubbery and slimy. ICK, ICK, ICK!!! Korean food is actually pretty healthy but other than that I ate nothing healthy the whole time I was there. I think all the walking we did saved my butt in the weight department cuz I hadn't worked out in 2-1/2 weeks by the time I picked it back up this past Monday. I weighed in today and actually lost a 1/2lb. Go figure, makes no sense. I stuff my face and lose weight. I probably lost muscle though and I'm working hard to get that tight feeling back again.

I can't believe how much this thread has grown over the last couple months, WOW! Welcome to all the newbies! I do come read the posts often but don't always have the time to post lately. So much going on right now. I will stop in from time to time to say hello and let you know how things are going. Forgive me if I don't always post to everyone individually. Hopefully once hubby gets home and we get moved my life will settle back down a bit and I can get here on a more regular basis again.

Later,
Terry
Old 04-28-2001, 03:37 AM   #15  

Default I Love LAWL Anyone have any recipes????

Anyone have any idea or recipes to share??? . I have been trying to get past the yoyo dieting for 10 years. Finally have done so. I mean I never got past 5 pounds w/o going back to my old eating habits. I do not know if it is the high protein diet that keeps me from being hungry all the time (and full of energy) or the 3 times a week weigh-in that keeps me aware of my progress but I am succeeding. I started April 28 and lost 11 pounds . The bars are really tasty (my favorite ones are (chocolate peanut butter and Honey nugget) I also buy 5 starch snack (cheeto's, honey carmel popcorn and toffee carmel popcorn) and 5 days a week I treat myself to one. This diet is easy to fit into my busy lifestyle because its simple to grocery shop for and make dinners ahead for me. I just buy chicken, beef, eggs, cottage cheese, fruit and vegtables, potatoes and not too much more. I have a George Foreman grille and make chicken and vegtable dinners in ziploc containers and freeze them for a whole week. Not allot of work to prepare at all. I usually use 2 T of Fat Free salad dressing and mix it with my chicken/vegtables so chicken does not become too blazaie. My family is learning to eat this way too. Its healthier To me its worth every penny I spend on it. The money I spent eating fast foods etc.( in the long run) was allot more than what I spend for this program. LadyBugPlus
Closed Thread