Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2002, 12:44 PM   #16  

I just made it back from the grocery store with 3 bags of green veggies, oranges, and some light salad dressing! WOOHOO...no fat free dressing for 3 days.

I am bound and determined to get back on track. Once I hit my 50 lb goal I really lost sight of how much more I had to lose. Now...I am have to work back down to that 50 lb goal again and then work towards another 50. Just like all of you...I can do this! When I go to weigh in on Friday or Saturday I want to be down a pound!

Guess I better go make a big salad with all those veggies! Shrimp for dinner...mmmmm...yummy~
Old 07-02-2002, 12:49 PM   #17  

Jibbelle- you sound so motivated, it's catchy!LOL I think by the time your prep diet is over you'd have been down more than a pound, keep my fingers crossed for ya!LOL

Kathy
Old 07-02-2002, 01:12 PM   #18  

I know I have a lot of questions, but there is so much to learn. I think my biggest problem is keeping up with everything like not having cottage cheese but 3 times a week, not having beef with rice at the same meal and all your limited things. I guess it will get better as I go along. What is the 3 day LA Express? Thanks for all the help and support.
Old 07-02-2002, 01:33 PM   #19  

Hi ladies:
Liz the three day express is usually when you first start. Some of us use oranges and others have used the La juice. It takes a while but you get used to what you can and can't have on certain days. Always ask questions.
Kathy I have all of the Firm tapes and all of the cathe tapes, I enjoy them also. Cathe 's cardio tapes were to hard for me at first but now I find them alot of fun. How do you like Fitprime tapes. I have only done them twice.
Marcie I think a few of us our doing the same thing and working to get back on track. I am glad you are o.k. though.
I added an extra starch for the past couple of days I figure it is better than eating a bag of chips. the center will probably complain but at this point I got to do what works.
I have not not been to the center either, I am going away for the weekend so I just told them I would be away.
Have a great OP Day
Diane
Old 07-02-2002, 02:52 PM   #20  

Diane- ALRIGHT! A fellow Cathe lover? I would've never suspected it! Isn't Cathe just great! I have to spread the word about her every chance I get! I've been doing the firm videos for 8yrs now. Oh, i've got WF and CF but only did them 1x each. I just need background exerciser but being the vidiot that I am, you know i'm gonna buy anything Anna puts out. I'm not gonna order it through her though, i'll probably pick it up on the swap. hey do you post/lurk on the Firm Ya Ya's? I just love that site, i've been there since they opened! Where you on the firm site before they closed down in Jan? I got deleted a few times for asking about my defective fanny lifter!LOL So how long have you been into Cathe/firm/fp?

kathy
Old 07-02-2002, 03:07 PM   #21  

KitKat - Which Cathe tape do you like best. I would like to order one, but there are so many out there. I probably don't need a reallly hard one starting out. I am used to walking or bike riding, but I really need to add some weights to my exercise routine.
Old 07-02-2002, 03:43 PM   #22  

Hi Liz!

What's your fitness level? If you are a beginner to intermediate, i'd say you should start w/ The Firm, but if your intermediate going into advance or you just want to start out w/ an advance tape and work your way up to making it through the whole tape eventually (which is what I did w/ Cathe) then i'd say, I love Power Hour (PH), Maximum Intensity (MIS), Rythemic Step (RS) Circuit Max (CM) and Cross Trainers series (CXT), these abbrv. are what people usually use on the fitness forums. I love all of Cathe's tapes, but I started out w/ PowerMax (PM), it's a little slower tempo than the ones listed above, and I did do BodyMax (BM), body max is 25mins of step, 20mins of legs/cardio circuit and 30mins of upperbody &abs weight work. I chose this one cause it had both of what Cathe is famous for, cardio and her weight tapes.

If you are a beginner, i'd say start w/ the firm first! They have tons of great tapes, www.firmdirect.com they turned their forum into a pay forum just recently, which is why I didn't post the address in my earlier post, but you can surf around on the site for their tapes. Have you seen the informerical for The Firm? Also check out www.videofitness.com they have some really great reviews of tapes to let you know exactly what your getting. If you do purchase a firm tape, i'd say get it from www.collagevideo.com instead of the firm site, you'll get it in a few days whereas the firm site tapes weeks and sometime they loose your order. ( I can talk about home fitness all day!LOL) Some great firm tapes are their classics tapes, volume 1-6. They are a little dated, V1 dates back to '86, but just about everyone still does them. They have great film quality, so it doesn't look dingy or anything. Any firm tape is a good one really. Don't get me wrong now, the firm is tough, but they are more beginner friendly. Cathe is kinda hardcore but she's also a lot of fun!

Kathy
Old 07-02-2002, 07:17 PM   #23  

Default back again

Hi all. I was very active here about a year ago. I never quite reached goal I was 12lbs to go with about 40 lbs lost. Well the last few months have been a rollercoaster. I stopped going last summer and then briefly went back, I had maintained 35 lbs of my loss at that point. then I got pregnant in December and miscarried 2 months into my pregnancy. I have been on a downhill spiral to the point that when I went in yesterday, I only maintained 17 lbs of my original loss. I am disappointed in myself, but after 2 full days on Express I feel in control again. This is the first time I've been in control for about 6 months. Anyway, I wanted to say hi to everyone and will be monitoring the board religiously again.
Sara
217/199.8/165
Old 07-03-2002, 07:43 AM   #24  

Sara-
Sound like you are motivated to lose, so I am sure you will do great!

I am on day 2 of the LA Express and doing great. No cheating . It sure is nice when you do not have to weigh and measure everything!!!
Old 07-03-2002, 09:13 AM   #25  

Angry

Hi all,

It sounds like everybody is doing great!

Kathy, congratulations on being on plan for one plus days!!

I weighed in yesterday, after 1 day, and I was down .4 lbs. I was good ALL DAY yesterday, since I wanted to get in one good day before I went on vacation. I'll not only be with my fiance, who is supportive (but he's also supportive when I backslide), but with old friends of his and mine, and traveling: car and plane.

Jibbelle, I'm heading out to your neck of the woods - I'm arriving in St. Louis at 10pm, if I can get out of work early.

Sara, it sounds like you went through a lot of major emotions. I'm very sorry for your loss. Please don't be hard on yourself! I'm glad you are back in control.

Happy Fourth, everybody!
Linda (164/156/140)
Old 07-03-2002, 10:11 AM   #26  

Good Morning!

Guess what?LOL I went to weigh-in today and I lost 3# in 2days! I am so happy and I wasn't even on an express program I was just sticking to the plan! Thanks Tai for letting us know that you continued to lose weight doing frozen foods as well, that really came as a relief to me.

Linda- congrats on the .4 gone! Enjoy your vacation!

Sara- welcome back!

Jibbelle- how do you do the express program w/ oranges? I only was told about the juice.

Kathy
184/175/120
Old 07-03-2002, 11:56 AM   #27  

Default loss today

Wow, I lost 6 pounds 2 days into express. I'm motivated now. Happy July 4th to everyone.
Sara
Old 07-03-2002, 11:57 AM   #28  

Linda-
What brings you to St. Louis? It is hot hot hot!

Kathy-
Instead of using the juice, you eat 2 oranges a day. This is only for the 3 day express, not that two day take off thing.
Old 07-03-2002, 12:05 PM   #29  

Hi - Congrats KitKat on losing 3 lbs. in 2 days. I would be so excited. I have been a LAWL member for a month and was never told about the LA Express. What do you eat on that? I will ask them tomorrow when I go in why I was not told to do it. I feel like I am stuck. At first I was losing consistently, but now I feel like I am retaining water. I think I am having too much sodium. I am trying to stick with the low sodium foods. But it seems everything has a lot of sodium. I was eating watermelon and the counselor told me to quit eating it for a while that it was high carb. Cottage cheese is high sodium. I am having a hard time finding things to eat. I am still trying. I need to loose at least 30 lbs.
Old 07-03-2002, 02:38 PM   #30  

The 3 day express is the plan you did for the first three days when you started. You can only do it if you have been off the plan for a week or more. Or at least that is why my center says.
Closed Thread