Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 08:54 AM   #121  
stand-up philosopher

S/C/G: 276/260/???

Height: 5'7"

Wednesday Report

44% OP (Food, Supplements, Careful Movement, 3FC)
Oh, well. No pool (closed for thunderstorm), no mail trip, up and at the computer til 11ish (assignment)

Extra Credit: Did not use pool closure as an excuse to skip exercise. Attempted the eliptical (lasted less than 2 minutes), then did stretches.

WI: down 3 to NEW LOW

Gotta be brief. I've got One (1) day to draw a 12 (smallish) page comic. I have 2 pages finished and another 7 blocked out. *deep breath*

So I've got to be brief.

I've read everything. Wish I had time for personals.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:39 AM   #122  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

Good morning!

Tera - CREDIT for not using the closed pool as an excuse! That would be big enough for a Memory Card for me - I have a big, bad history of using any excuse to not exercise. WTG!

davidette - YAY for going to the gym anyway! Ditto what I told Tera - that's my biggest struggle, too (um, except on days when it's food, or days when it's both ). I'm glad you felt there was a kick in the rear from posting here.

Susan - Woo hoo for buttoned up dress pants! That's a great feeling! A funny story (well, I think so) - I used to live in China, and I didn't have a clothes dryer, so all my clothes had to be dried hanging up. One side effect of that is that all my clothes slowly got bigger and more stretched out. Which I forgot, and just thought I was getting smaller and smaller. I figured out tha awful truth when I returned to the States and put my jeans in a dryer, only to discover that buttoning was NOT as easy as it had been. That was another motivator to change.

Bill - CREDIT for going to the gym anyway! Yay for beginning year 3 in maintenance! I can definitely tell you're a morning person, as you post way before I want to crawl out of bed. In the ideal world, I would be more like that if I didn't work in the evenings, and got home before 10:30. Yuck.

Anne - Of course 1 cookie is worth a CREDIT! Sorry work is a little strange right now. I always feel for working moms who are between a rock nd hard place with these choices. As a teacher, I have more than one friend who has used up all their sick days and is now losing money for every day gone. How awful.

maryblu - Thanks for reminding me why I don't live in Minnesota!

ChinaMaine - CREDIT for being OP, and here's hoping the fatigue is on its way out. Yay for loose jeans.

RobinW - Hi!
Old 03-12-2009, 11:20 AM   #123  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning coaches

Billblueeyes Here's to year 3! Thanks so much for spending the last two with us here... I am so glad you were here when I joined and even more glad you continue to check in with us. Thanks you.

My weight is holding steady below 260. It's good news. I just cooked up the rice and the beans came from a can but I think something is better than nothing and I am about to go freeze me some rice and bean baggies!

Just checking in to help stay on track.

All the best coaches..have a good Thursday.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:51 AM   #124  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Morning!

Bill~
Quote:
Hope all is moving along calmly toward your networking event.
You're funny!!!
Quote:
(And hope those 100 boxes of chocolates remain secured, LOL.)
yes Ive managed to keep them safe!!

I just wanted to do a quick pop in and let you know I will not be here very much until after the 24th. Things have picked up at the shop, we are working later and later, my daughter starts her spring break next week, and Im trying sooooooooooo hard not to stress about our networking event. There just isnt enough time in the day right now. So Im grasping all the time I can get.

Be good.....see you in a week or 2

Last edited by RobinW; 03-12-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:47 PM   #125  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

Hmm. . . apparently I was concentrating on personals so much, I forgot to report on me!

Yesterday was OP - another morning walk, and another bout of hunger. Looking at my food journal, I think a lack of protein was the issue. I upped it today at lunch, so we'll see how I feel.

Tomorrow is my mom's birthday, and I'm going out with my parents for dinner. Since it's her birthday, it's her choice, and that means Mexican. Yikes! I'll stay away from the tortilla chips, and get something not deep-fried (I'm thinking soft taco?) but does anyone have any Mexican specific restaurant tips?
Old 03-12-2009, 07:09 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Default Brrrr..not burritos ..from MN

Beckies,

Early this morning on my way through no man's land to an all- day meeting, I saw -34 degrees F. Actual. Not wind chill. Actual. Not much wind, so wind chill was calculated to only be -45.
\
Now, we expect -34 on the 12th of Jan. ..we say, "Oh, well". When it happens on Dec. 12 or Feb. 12, we shake our heads and say, "Only in Minnesoda", but on March 12, even for us hardy Minnesodans, this is too much.

But, here is our guilty little secret:

When I complained to one of the (retired) SCORE volunteers at our meeting, he said, " And that's why we live here. If it weren't this cold in the winter, we'd have another 2 and 1/2 million people living here.....where we want to live!" And of course, he is right. He is right. Six months out of the year, there is no place I would rather be. For another three months, I can find the silver lining. Along about the Ides of March, especially with *this $@@#^@, I lose my @%^&@%$#%@^&$ sense of humor.

Onebyone, I hope your shopping yields some kick a** outfits. I saw it today. There was a plus-sized woman there with STYLE, and it showed, and I think she knew she had it. Find it, find the look; don't settle. And when you lose too much to wear it anymore, pass it on.

I don't know if I had style today or not. My teeth were chattering too much to look too cool. I did think about the extra calories I burned staying warm, though. (btw, it was an economic summit talking about the great community, place where people come to live and play...lol.........and play I will, as soon as I thaw out)
Old 03-12-2009, 08:39 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 220/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile Thursday

Thanks to everyone with the warm wishes on the fatigue -- I really appreciate it... I was pretty tired today. I took half a sick day so I could take a nap then go get my blood work done. Brain fog was pretty thick this AM…
Beck – WI-up .25 lb. Read cards, made plan for day.
Food – off plan – my plan had a Indian frozen entrée for lunch and I craved comfort food instead. I had a chicken corn chowder along with toast & peanut butter. I stayed onplan for calories, but was light on fiber. Exercise – op, but very sloooooowly. oh well...
Bill Bravo for not listening to the ‘don’t wanna go’ voice – and exercising!

Anne Credit for the single cookie!! It is very hard working full-time with young children. I’ve always had jobs that allowed for flexible schedules and work-from-home, so I never had to put up with the ‘funny’ comments. I know I was blessed – and understand how difficult it must be…

Susan Buttoning your dress pants is huge – credit! Your hard work is paying off!

one by one The rice and beans sound great! Keep on truckin!

Tera 3 down! New low!! Congrats on attempting the elliptical – it’s a tough machine. I can’t really use it yet either. It takes some inherent stamina and strength to manage it for long.

Robin Good luck with the networking event and with staying op til we hear from you again!

JenMusic Congrats for op food and exercise. I guess it’s not surprising that protein is the culprit. I know I’ve boosted my protein quite a bit now that I do 30 mins of exercise every morning before work…

maryblu LOL on MN weather – makes our 30 degree high today seem balmy! Hope it’s sunny at least…

davidette Bravo for typing ‘I’m going anyway’ and actually doing it. I understand how hard it can be to stay op with exercise. We are happy to be the moral authority if that’s what it takes to help you make exercise a habit. Eventually it will become easier to ‘just do it’ (or so I keep telling myself!)

I’m a devoted meat eater, but after being diagnosed with celiac I found I was casein intolerant. So I did use almond milk for about 6 months, and then moved to soy milk because it was cheaper. I can eat dairy now apparently without ill effect, but I’ve never switched back to cow’s milk, because it is so high in casein. I’m afraid drinking 2-3 cups of cow’s milk a day would be so much casein that I’ll rock the boat and end up resurrecting the symptoms to the casein intolerance. That would mean I won’t be able to eat cheese anymore, and I love cheese. I only eat it once or twice a week, but I look forward to it… Long story short – I bought 3 quarts of almond milk today ($8 – ouch!)

I’m quite peeved with my pharamacist and endocrinologist for not warning me about the potential issues with soy milk. I could have easily switched to almond milk a year ago. Grrrr But thank you for letting me know, I’ve checked other websites too – it seems like soy can really be a problem with processing thyroid meds..

Last edited by ChinaMaine; 03-12-2009 at 08:41 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:38 AM   #128  

Just a quickie tonight to say I'm on plan, but running late. DS is still sick and it has been a busy day. Back tomorrow.

Anne
Old 03-13-2009, 05:10 AM   #129  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Friday the 13th

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Arrrrrrrgh!! At my weekly meeting, a second person brought in food - a container of trail mix that included pumpkin seeds. Now I've been standing down really top shelf dark chocolates for weeks. But pumpkin seeds is a rare treat in my world. You know they contain all the healthy nutrition of seeds. So I had a small handful. Oh Well. Then the guy sitting there with his premium dark chocolates looks peeved. He actually leaves the room and comes back with a Kirkland Signature (Costco) 3.5 pound bag of trail mix - opened but full - that contains dried bananas, dried papaya, dried mango, all the known nuts, and more. I can't believe this is happening. Couldn't sell this in a novel. So I take a handful of his also. Double Oh Well! Wouldn't be able to do a Cheat Sheet on this because I can hardly believe it happened myself.

So after work I went for a walk and bought three pairs of socks. CREDIT moi.

maryblu - Now that's really cold. Your friend is right; you'd be overrun if you had Minnesota summers and Miami winters, LOL. By-the-by, what's the state of your senate race? Why isn't it in my newspapers anymore?

onebyone - Congrats on the steady scale readings. Yay for freezing up your rice and beans.

Anne (wndranne) - Waving back. Ouch that DS is still sick. Keep the faith; Spring is coming. (Do you notice the changing of the seasons in Arizona?)

Robin (RobinW) - OK, so you're moving forward toward your network event without calm. Oh Well. Good luck with all the busy stuff. Maybe your DD would like to stuff the bags for the event during her spring break. She could make some pocket money and you'd not have to fondle those boxes of chocolates, LOL.

Tera (twilit tera) - Congrats on the NEW LOW. Ouch for the closed pool. Sending creative thoughts for your task to finish the ten remaining comic book pictures.

ChinaMaine - Ouch for the continued fatigue. Kudos for taking care of yourself with a nap and half day off. And Kudos for exercising anyway; that's dedication. Hope the blood tests are illuminating.

davidette - Kudos for using "I'm going anyway" to get to the gym. And Double Kudos for giving yourself credit for it.

Jen (JenMusic) - Happy Birthday to your mom. Fajitas are usually a good choice at a Mexican restaurant. Good idea to avoid those evil chips that continuously arrive before the food. That salsa is soooooooo good, if you can find a way to get it to your mouth without the chips. Ouch for the headache after morning walk again; hope you figure that out.

Susan (jivingandthriving) - Congrats for the buttoning dress pants. Kudos for the Response Card, "little cheats add up to big pounds." Neat new avatar picture there.

Readers -
Quote:
Success Skill 6 experiment 2
Prove to yourself that hunger isn't an emergency.
If a friend or coworker told you, "I was so busy today that I accidentally skipped lunch," would you think, Skipped lunch! I can't ever imagine doing that ... I'd get too hungry!

The Complete Beck Diet for Life, pg 76

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 03-13-2009 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Added "the 13th"
Old 03-13-2009, 06:03 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 156/151/140

Height: 5'1"

Just came to a realization. I am overweight because it is easy. It is easier to succumb to the good taste, flavors, smells, temporary satisfactions eating provides than to exercise resistance and develop new patterns of behavior. Years and years of conditioning…seeing the importance of food in my parents’ life, the patterns of their behavior, especially my mom’s, that are now being repeated in my own life. The patterns of food for reward, food for gratification, as avoidance from responsible actions have all been set up over many years. It is going to be difficult to overcome. I, at this time, am determined to change. Wow, so simple but profound.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:46 AM   #131  

tera New Low! Bravo attempting the elliptical! It may have only been 2 minutes, but you gave your resistance muscle a great work out! Hope you got through the assignment.

onebyone Kudos for keeping up with baggie foods. CREDIT weight steady below 260

Robin We'll miss hearing from you but we'll be thinking of you and sending : - Keep taking deep breaths!

jenmusic Is your food journal handwritten or in a computer program? I use a shareware program to help me keep my protein up to 20%, it definitely takes some planning for me to do so! Mexican is tough

http://www.menshealth.com/eatthis/me...Baja_Fresh.php

I use this site sometimes and The Daily Plate to check out chain restaurants. Looks like your best best is tacos and salads with fish or shrimp, corn not flour tortillas. If you get a combo plate you can immediately portion off the excess food (oversalt it ) and feel good about leaving it on the plate!

chinamaine When will you find out about your blood work? CREDIT feeding your craving for comfort food without upping your calories! Almond milk is expensive what about rice milk? I'm REALLY impressed with your self control on cheese consumption. It's a trigger food for me.

Bill At least it was a pretty healthy cheat and not a doughnut! Kudos for the extra walk!

Back on track with exercise; spin class yesterday, water class today. OP with food; drifting a little from mindful eating which scares me, it's one of my major fat contributors. DD comes home for spring break Sunday. Hope I can persist in victory of DS's break. She loves to eat out with me because we are both vegetarians (and I pay - cash and calories!)

Old 03-13-2009, 12:31 PM   #132  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Smile TGIF and beginning of spring break for me - ya-hoo!

Good Afternoon coaches

Credit moi weight still below 260, at 258 today.

Well I have been struggling with what to do and what not to do with my time today. Seems every time I get into this state I just waste time and here it is, 4 hours since getting up, spent some time on the phone checking in with a friend and surfing for freezer make-ahead-meals.

Some things are changing around here. Biggest household change: we're going all cash no credit. And for the first time in our 18 year life together, we are on a real, written down, need-to-be-accountable-to, budget. Since I've been in school DH has slowly taken over the bills including mine, which I am not so keen on but haven't had the $ to do anything about. Being a student keeps you poor for sure. But that part's about done. For now Anyway, I think these are great developments but I find myself pining for travel and for our aborted Florida trip, due to have started today, and for no plans for the summer but to stay here and now I find we can't afford to move downtown as moving would cost $2000 at least (we have to give first and last month's rent here + moving costs/reconnection of utilities costs etc). So I have to stay put and hope the kids this summer are not as annoying as they were last year. I have this postage stamp backyard but the small kids all play in the common area beyond my fenced yard and I never feel peaceful back there. Maybe I'll put up a canopy with sides this year so I don't have to see them (they really get on my nerves-gee I sound like a cranky old person... don't think I am?) only hear them. Will have to get that onto the budget then!

Anyway, besides getting a lot of schoolwork done over the break I am planning on getting regular wii fit time in again and getting some cleaning/decluttering done too. And some freezer cooking. I just had one of my rice and bean baggies made yesterday and it was great! I look forward to having a greater variety in there soon.

I think I'll go survey the lay of the land clothes-wise over at the mall. There is one plus size store and two others with significant plus size sections. In the other stores it's catch-as-catch-can. Maybe I'll go do that now and take a walk in the sunshine.

davidette Kudos for getting your exercise in and yes, persist in victory while your DD is here! Looks like you could give your resistance muscle a real workout!

jivingandthriving Ah I too understand the ease of staying the same. The energy and focus it takes to move along a different path can be hard to sustain. I find I lose my push forward quite often. But I also think this back and forth I do, the struggle of it, is slowly wearing the new path down so it will be easier for me to keep to the healthier road and more difficult and uncomfortable to get off the track. BTW Welcome!

BillBlueEyesWow that second guy sounds like a real food pusher... it seems he really wanted you to eat. I don't get people being that invested in having someone eat their food but it sure does happen. Credit vous for walking and for buying socks not Food X!

wndranne Hi! Hope you got some rest in spite of DS being sick. Don't the cactus flower in the spring there? Have they flowered recently?

ChinaMaine You deserve Big Credits for maintaining your program while feeling less-than. I hope your Dr. can get to the bottom of your fatigue soon

maryblu Oh I sympathize with your cold weather blues. We've had below zero freezing temperatures too this week. Every morning. We even had a snowstorm this week right after experiencing 40F, which was warm last Saturday. Forecasters are predicting a few days in a row of above normal (this is freezing point) temperatures for the next few days. I am skeptical. Also thanks so much for the words about the fashionable plus sized woman. It's been a long long time since I had style. I have a great sense of it but haven't had an opportunity to do it, preferring to wear tshirts and sweatshirts and jeans, especially as I get clay or ink or paint on them on an almost daily basis. I hope I can still get it together!

JenMusic The best advice I can give you is to go online and find Mexican restaurants and compare the nutrition counts. Even if you can't find the place you are going to, there will be similar ones out there. Have fun!

RobinW Enjoy your event and know you'll get everything done and it will all be done well. Make sure you get plenty of rest too Oh and eat well!

Enjoy your Friday!
Old 03-13-2009, 06:20 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 220/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Cool Tgif

Beck – WI-down 1.5 lbs. This is only .5 lbs above my old low of 2 weeks ago. I can’t help but hope the scale will start being on my side again… Also did my weekly body measurements today, not much of a change from last week. Did not read cards, but made plan for day.
Food – on plan –Exercise – off-plan. Decided enough was a enough, I just needed to take a day off from exercise. Tomorrow is a perfect day for snowshoeing, and I want to rest up for it!
After several phone calls to remind the lab to send my blood test results to the doctor’s office, I got a call from my primary’s assistant. She is a very nice empathetic woman, who I really like. For me, it’s as important to have a good relationship with the staff as with the doctor herself, especially since I end up talking to the assistant much more often than I do to the doctor…
My TSH is up to 2.5 from 1.5 in early December. Lynn told me this was normal and my primary wouldn’t make any changes. My endocrinologist had transferred me back to my primary once he had me down to a goal TSH near 1.0. Now that it’s well above that again, hopefully I won’t have to beg to be treated… After 25 years of medical mismanagement, my expectations are pretty low. That said, in the last 10 years I’ve had a few really wonderful doctors.
It takes 6 weeks for any dosage changes for thyroid to take effect. I started seeing my endocrinologist last May and was only able to start exercising in November. I just didn’t have the strength. So, I’m both happy and sad – it may be 6-12 weeks before I feel back to normal. And I really wanted to hike and kayak by May/June. Not only do I need to feel normal, but I need time to build my strength and stamina to a point where I can hike and kayak. I don’t want to lose a third summer to fatigue and lethargy. Okay – enough ‘poor me’ talk. Baby steps. One day at a time. Grrrr…
Bill I’ve been feeling pretty sorry for myself today. But your story of the dueling food pushers was hysterical. I just had to laugh. How many people will bring trail mix next week??? (Have you considered just telling the guy with the dark chocolate your situation? You have lost a lot of weight and need to keep a very tight eye on what you eat. Although you love chocolate, you just can’t eat it every week… You know – try to get him on your team -- Just an idea.)

Anne glad you were op yesterday!

Susan Great insights! Changing your thoughts and your behavior are a lot harder than just doing what you, and even your family, have always done. But it’s worth it because it means permanent weight loss. Credit for some really deep thoughts!

davidette Congrats on the op food and exercise! LOL at DD wanting to eat out with you because you can pay! I think she may enjoy the company [a little bit] too. I do love cheese, but my cholesterol numbers are also high, so I’ve learned to restrict it quite a bit. Are you a vegan or just a vegetarian?

one by one Spring break! Re being a cash and carry household – I hear ya. We still use the credit cards, but only if we can pay them off. It’s a big transition! Have a great rest and enjoy your wii fit! Thanks for the hug…

Tera hope all is well – didn’t see a post from you yet today…
Old 03-13-2009, 08:54 PM   #134  
stand-up philosopher

S/C/G: 276/260/???

Thursday Report (with not much left of Friday)

44% OP (Stretching, Supplements, AI, 3FC)
Oh, well. (Food, no walk, late at the computer and late to bed, bad movement causing bursitis flare up AND I forgot to put my shoes on til the afternoon.)

Extra Credit: trying to walk in spite of difficulties, not indulging my worst cravings

WI: up 2

Rushed to get the artwork for the group project complete. Finally finished the last page a few hours ago.

It involved a lot of getting up and sitting back down again, at some occasionally uncomfortable angles to get a good look at what I was doing. The bursitis flared up, so I didn't go farther than the mailbox, when I'd planned a 30 minute walk to make up for not going to the gym.

I'm beat, and I still have biology labwork due by Sunday evening, and my entire week's work in Computers due by Monday night. Meh. At least I feel like I can breathe again.

B is out. He'll be home soon with Pizza Hut for me. That's right. One personal pan supreme with my name on it.

I'm going to cushion the blow though. I've already read my ARC. I'm reading posts here, which is always encouraging. Then I'm going to eat a green salad before starting on any pizza. That will hopefully reduce the amount of pizza I choose to eat.

This is not going to send me into a tailspin. I've made up my mind on that point!

Jen: Reading your words of encouragement put a huge smile on my face. Thanks. I needed it!

How long were you in China? Did you get to see much of it?

I know it's too late, but you asked for Mexican tips, and if Mexican is your mom's favorite, it's sure to come up again.

When I can, I avoid both tortillas and chips. Meat, beans and rice for this girl. And since the portions are way oversized, I usually decide ahead of time what I'll eat and mentally block out the rest or ask for a box beforehand. (Oops, looks like Davidette already gave you really similar advice.)

onebyone: for continuing to fight the good fight!

Robin: in case you pop in for a lurk.

Maryblu: Just reading your discription of the frozen north is enough to turn my nose blue!!

ChinaMaine: for not letting the fatigue become an excuse for not making all the effort you can. also for pacing yourself to get the fun stuff in!

I'm still here... hanging on to sanity my my fingernails.

Anne: Hope your boy is feeling all better soon! Did I say soon? I meant now.

Bill: :lol2: at dueling trail mix!!! Are you some kind of big game that folks at work want to take down, or what?

for taking your walk!

Susan: I'm impressed by the way you sum it up - the path of least resistance leading to being overweight. There comes a point, though, where the path of least resistance leads a person to a place that's even harder than maintaining a healthy weight. I've been there a while, and thankfully, I'm on the way out.

Knowing that it was the path of least resistance that got me here is even more motivation to not take it again.

Davidette: Er... what's spin class again? About eating mindfully... what is it exactly that is distracting you from your meal?

Oh, and for staying OP!

Pizza's here. I'll report tomorrow morning and tell you how it went.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:24 AM   #135  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Saturday - Let the weekend begin

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Started back doing my basic weight stuff using lighter weights. CREDIT moi. Was strongly motivated to get to drink my protein shake which only goes with fatigued muscles not with days of cardio only. And additional CREDIT moi for using low enough weights that I didn't tweak the elbow. I want to sneak back up to my previous level so the elbow doesn't see it coming.

maryblu - Waving toward the frozen blur. I was told yesterday that "everybody knows to plant their peas on Saint Patrick's Day." Will you be using a jackhammer, LOL?

onebyone - Congrats for staying below 260 and together for 18 years. Accomplishments both. Ouch for fiscal reality. Kudos for fiscal responsibility. (Despite major U.S. bank failings due to bad credit, I've received four credit card offers this week alone, and worst of all, one current card sent me pre-printed checks to cash at 20% interest, for which they should be jailed in my humble opinion.) Great to hear your positive attitude about shopping for a dress. Did you ever get your haircut? If you flaunt a magenta Mohawk no one will notice the rest of you, LOL.

Anne (wndranne) - Waving toward the blur with a sniffling DS. Hope you're out running anyway.

Robin (RobinW) - Waving toward the blur with a DD on spring break. Sending calming thoughts.

Tera (twilit tera) - Kudos for persisting in your walking and resisting cravings. Congrats for getting your comic finished by the deadline. Yeah for a green salad before digging into your personal pan supreme. Can't wait for the report.

ChinaMaine - Kudos for thoughtfully planning a day off so you can go snowshoeing today. That sounds fun. (Those people stuck in Arizona's Garden of Eden probably don't even own snowshoes, LOL.) Ouch for your saga of "medical mismanagement." Good luck in getting the treatment you need.

You made me laugh at my own story of the dueling trail mix pushers. I confess to having had the thought of me arriving next week with a straight face and a ten pound bag of trail mix. I've been to the office of the guy with the dark chocolate and 3.5 pound bag; it's loaded with junk food!!! Kinda amazing.

davidette - Yep, your victory with your DS's break is a good omen for your DD's break. (Too bad they didn't come at the same time; I learn more about my two when they jabber with each other at the table as if we weren't there.) I do know about their love of my credit card for a trip to a restaurant that they can't afford. And Kudos for the variety of exercises that you continue; you've got a good thing going.

Susan (jivingandthriving) - Gotta love your insight, "because it is easy." Yep, easy to satisfy that reptilian part of the brain rather than to think. Big Kudos for your response, "am determined to change."

Readers -
Quote:
Success Skill 6 experiment 2
Prove to yourself that hunger isn't an emergency.
Many dieters think the same thing. What they don't realize, however, is that hunger isn't a big deal. It just feels like a big deal if you're afraid of it. Many dieters think that they should never be hungry and that feeling hungry is somehow bad or wrong.

The Complete Beck Diet for Life, pg 76

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 03-14-2009 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Typos. Need coffee.
Closed Thread