Old 01-18-2008, 09:09 PM   #226  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Yahoooooo Lynn! Way to go!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:37 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Lynn Congrats!!! You are such an inspiration as i've mentioned before. You are planning on sticking around right? We need your expertise. I hope to be next but i know i have a long way to go. Congrats again.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:44 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Default Friday is here!

Well, it is Friday night and I am enjoying some liquid fruit. I have been down two weeks in a row. Celebration is in order!
Just today realized that I have not had any joint pain for 3 weeks or more. Nothing. No low back pain, no sciatic nerve pain, no shoulder or knee pain. Not sure if my weight loss is the major factor but it has to be.
Last year when I lost my first 20# I stopped having acid reflux and now no pain - a constant issue for many years. Not agony, but this ever persistent knowledge that I was uncomfortable. It really caused me to hate my body more than the weight. No kidding the realization almost made me cry with joy. I hope to never go back.
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:15 PM   #229  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

I'm too far behind to catch up on personals, but I do want to say:

CONGRATULATIONS LYNN ON REACHING YOUR GOAL!!

You are truly an inspiration. Your commitment to losing weight and eating right is just out of this world, and definitely something I aspire to.

I have been perfectly POOPY over the last few days. Using being busy as an excuse to not plan or make poor choices. Silly really. Back on track for tomorrow.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:21 AM   #230  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Morning everyone!

The scale is not moving much for me, its going reeeal slow. I guess a loss is a loss but geez how disappointing when i've been POP for 3 weeks now. Oh well i'm going to keep my head up and stick with it.

Angie - Are you back to being POP today?? Ithink once you make up your mind you can do it.

Cecilia - How did TO go yesterday?

everyone else, hope you all have a good day.

POP day today right!?!
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:49 AM   #231  

S/C/G: 219/205/160

Height: 5'10

Default New to LAWL

I have been reading this site for a few weeks now and decided to join!
I joined LA on 8 of Jan and have 60lbs to lose. I'd be incredibly happy to lose it by the summer, but that may be unrealistic.
I'm not married, no kids, but have one furry child, a poodle. I'm an elementary school teacher and am enjoying the plan so far.
I'm going in for a weigh in today, and hope to see the scale drop!!

Have a great Saturday everyone.
Livingmybestlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 11:03 AM   #232  
LAWL Salt Police

WAY TO GO LYNN!!!! That's fantastic news and I hope everyong looks to you for the inspiration that you are!!

Have a great day all!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 11:21 AM   #233  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Woo hoo Lynn! Congratulations!!!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I"m going to go play in the desert in a little bit. Should be fun!

I was POP all week and last night had two small slices of pizza. I knew in advance they would be there so I saved my starches, fat and a dairy. I didn't do WI first thing this morning.. I just wanted to sleep and I haven't had much of that lately. I don't think the sclae would've gone down any since I haven't been able to get out and exercise since Tuesday. Hopefully the frolicking in the desert and getting out with doggie tomorrow will bring it down! Either way, I'm eating healthy again and feeling better for it!

POP weekend everyone!
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 12:00 PM   #234  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Well, I take that back. No desert for me today. I walked into the living room and apparently the dog ate something bad and had the runs during the night. It's EVERYWHERE. So steam cleaner it is for me today
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:05 PM   #235  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Hey, guys!

Congratulations, Lynn! Great news!

I slept as late as DD would allow this morning (about 7:30) and got up to see it SNOWING outside!! It NEVER snows here! We've lived here for 15 years and I have never seen snow. It was also raining at the time, so, of course, the snow wasn't sticking, but it was just so cool to see those big, fat flakes coming down! Both kids and I glued our noses to the windows and watch. According to the reports, it actually snowed for about 4 hours! We only got to see one, but it was nice! DS wanted to go outside, but since it was raining and 32 degrees, I didn't let him.

I took them to McDonald's to meet some friends and I got to visit with my friend. We used to be very best friends, but have drifted apart in the past 3 or 4 years and really don't talk a whole lot anymore. No animosity. We've both just changed a lot and don't seem to have an awful lot in common except for the kids. It makes me sad sometimes, but I don't dwell on it. I figure God puts two people together to be friends at the time when they need something from each other and when that need has passed, they move on. My two consistent best friends have been my best friends since kindergarten and 5th grade, respectively. Those kinds of friendships don't come along very often, so I know I'm blessed.

Anyway, the kids had fun, we're home, and getting ready to take them to run in a race. I can't believe they are cancelling the race. It's SO cold! Our photography company is taking pictures at the race and I felt really guily asking the other photographers to come in this weather!

BTW, for those of you who pray, please pray that we sell our old house soon. We've been paying two mortgages since July and it's really starting to put a strain on us! We've only had the house on the market for a month and a half, but we REALLY need to sell it! Thanks!

Last edited by bayoubelle68; 01-19-2008 at 01:49 PM.
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 03:18 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 189/185/125

Height: 5 3

Hello, all! I've had a hard time getting online to post. Anyone else have problems with this site over the last few days?

So, I am up a few pounds from the past weekend...I went out to Fuddruckers for lunch on my trip back home. I'd hadn't been home in a long time. But even though I stayed on track the rest of it, it took me all week to lose the bloat feeling and I can't believe I am that sensitive to carbs!

Yikes. SO, still 143. Am feeling very hormonal and waiting to see if I am pregnant this month! Keep on acting like I'm not food wise until I know for sure....I am just raving for chocolate... It's crazy! So far, POP again, though.

Definately, less motivated than I was last week. My desire to eat hasn't been all that great so I am having a hard time getting waters and all my food in. I think I am an emotional eater and am definately in a funk!
almsthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 04:33 PM   #237  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

hello everybody,

Not much new to report from this end of the world but I figured I would make a quick post.

Living - (don't know your name) Its nice to see another canadian on here!! You should like it here, everybody is great.

Got weighed yesterday and was up 1.4 lbs from last week BUT I was wearing jeans as I had left my weigh in pants on my bed in the morning and I don't have time to go home through the day and get them. When I got home I saw that I was likely about 1/2 or so down actually but I'll have to wait till next friday to see how it goes. I get a new meal plan emailed to me on monday and there should be some new recipes for me to try on there.

Tomorrow I am making a chicken chili in my slowcooker for supper and to freeze for other meals through the week. I am also going to try and make a couple of other things too so I can freeze in containers for meals when I don't want or have time to cook. It works best for me. Love those cheap ziploc or glad containers. They come in handy so much for that.

Started the new position at work on tuesday past. I like it so far but there's a lot to learn over the next few months. I can't say I have nothing to do though...

I guess that's about it for me right now...I'll check in again later!! Have a good weekend!!!
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:31 PM   #238  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Welcome living!

Welcome back almsthere!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 07:19 AM   #239  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Debbie -- Yes, I was (almost) POP yesterday. I was short by one veg...so not too bad, and waaaay better than going over on the wrong foods! Keep the faith, I'm sure that your POPness is going to pay off in a BIG way soon.

LIvingmybestlife -- What part of Ontario do you call home?

Liza -- Hmmm...steam cleaning poop instead of frolicking in the desert. I think you got the short end of that stick. I bet that steam cleaning burned off a lot of calories though!

Felicia -- I'm crossing everything for you that your house will sell soon. Here is a little thing my MIL sent to me, that echoes your thoughts on friendship...
Quote:
People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. When you know which one it is, you will know what to do for that person. When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed.
They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are. They are there for the reason you need them to be. Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand. What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled , their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.
Some people come into your life for a SEASON, because your turn has come to share, grow or learn. They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it, it is real. But only for a season.
LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons, things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person and put what you have learned to use in all other relatio nships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:05 AM   #240  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Congrats Lynn! I'm down 4lbs and recovering from birthday festivities. Off to gym and to watch my Packers today!!
Hope you all had a great weekend!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote