Old 01-16-2008, 04:33 PM   #166  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Wow Lynn..........you have really worked through some adversity to get where you are!!! Good for you
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:34 PM   #167  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Debbie24 - I just also looked at your profile picture of your three boys...they are adorable. How'd you make that nifty avatar?

Dan/Liz - I chuckled when I saw Dan's response to wife Liz. Sometimes DH and I will be on our laptops on opposite sides of the house (NOT a big house mind you) and we'll IM each other on the laptop. I'm sure Dr. Phil would have a field day with our lack of communication skills...oh well.

Felicia - go home but first spray down your room with Lysol! Yuck...germ bugs be gone!

I just signed up with a personal trainer at Gold's Gym - 2 times a week for four months. It's the equivalent of a small car payment. I decided to do it since I need some help. I'll have my first meeting/assessment tomorrow. 2008 will be my year to shine!

Last edited by Joni135; 01-16-2008 at 04:34 PM.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:24 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Felicia, I don't know if I could handle Jillian. Especially if she is going to yell at you to stop crying... Bette Lou WAS doing it, but crying.... I could relate to Bette Lou way to much.. I think that was her name anyway. The 53 year old who really has been losing quickly. 11 kids gone, do you have anyone left to teach today?

Lynn, you are so close! That is so exciting. It seems like it has not been very long since you hit 50, but here you are already at 64. I know that you have remained strict with yourself, and it has paid off. That is great. Inspires me to crack down on my sloppy ways and get serious.

Debbie, I am looking forward to seeing them both at the finals. I always love to see them all after they have been doing for awhile. There are always those few people whose transformation is underwhelming. I found it really interesting to have Jillian talking about the emotional aspects of putting weight back on.... and how vulnerable and exposed you can feel after you've lost weight.

For me there was a lot more in weight loss than just the calories in and calories out. For me it was like when I was heavier, I was invisible to a lot of people. You lose the weight and suddenly you are not so invisible anymore. The people in stores suddenly come up and try to sell you things! Lots of stores give very bad service to the overweight. You lose weight and they are suddenly more helpful everywhere. Especially places like cosmetic counters or clothing stores. Men open a lot more doors for thinner women.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:30 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Joni - Thank you. The avatar is actually a signature pic. I got it at this website - http://crumbsnatchers2.proboards76.com
You have to sign up then you can request a signature in general siggy request and one of the many talented women will make you one, it takes 3-4 days. They use photoshop and they are really good. I promise you when you sign up there are no offers and things like that, i didnt want to sign up at first. i hate signing up for things. oh 1 more thing, if you decide to get one done you have to upload your pic into photobucket 1st (dont know if you are familiar with them) so you can put the link in the request. http://photobucket.com/ I know it seems like alot of steps but it really isnt.

I so wish i had time to go to a gym, i would probably lose more. Having a personal trainer sounds good, they will definitely keep you on your toes. Let us know how it goes.

Barbara - was that when Jillian was talking to the mom on the pink team? I was switching between AI and TBL and i missed that part. I totally know what you mean tho about people paying more attention to you when you lose weight, it makes you feel like you werent even there before. People can be so nasty sometimes!
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:11 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Debbie, yes she was talking to the pink team, mostly to the daughter about her issues with her weight, and the mom, since issues between them had kept the daughter heavy. People are nasty sometimes. My sister is quite heavy and I was going to a lot of different home improvement stores with her, and no one ever offered to help her, and they would invariably offer to help me. Some folks even disappeared when I refocused their attention to my sister.

Last edited by BarbaraB; 01-16-2008 at 07:37 PM.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:11 PM   #171  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Debbie24 - thanks for the link. I have to figure out what I'd want to use before I ask for their help.

Okay, I'm watching American Idol...cause there really isn't anything else on. I like how they were so nice to this guy, Paul, even though he was really bad. Oh geez - I'm hooked already.

Night all.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:36 PM   #172  

Barbara - That is so mean how people are to your sister. I mean why cant they just do their job and not pass judgement on people? I missed most of Jillian talking to the pink team. I did see the part tho when the mother got teary talking to her daughter telling her that she was sorry she wasnt there for her more.

Joni - I think they can do whatever you want from weightloss to whatever. I'm sort of watching AI. I wanted to see who Simon told they were the best so far but i probably missed it already.

Anyway this is probably it for me tonight and DH is home tomorrow so i never get to chat as much as i want when he's home.

Hope everyone has a good night and a POP day tomorrow.

Night all!
Old 01-16-2008, 09:00 PM   #173  
Amy

Hey guys!

I avoid this thread like hte plague as it's TOO LONG! And takes forever to catch up! I got to page 7 and gave up, sorry chickadees!!!

Well, just wanted to say hello... off to watch THS of Rachel Ray!!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 12:20 AM   #174  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone!

My DSL conked out last night and I finally resorted to dial up after hours on the phone with tech support in another country...

So I finally got in here to see all of the birthday wishes! Thank you!

I stayed POP for the most part (ok, had a couple of drinks) but I managed to eat a very healthy salmon and steam veggie lunch at Claim Jumper!

It was a very nice day. Yes Michelle, I worked this morning. I didn't tell anyone there it was my birthday. That would've been funny though if you'd called in!

I had a very nice day (aside from DSL stuff) and got to catch up with a good friend. She gave me some great news about something going on in her life that was probably the best birthday present I've ever gotten. To see someone that I love have something so good going on after soldiering through such hard times just makes me beam with happiness for her. Then I got home, and Mini-Me had drawn a bath for me and had incense and candles ready.

Very very nice indeed

I hope everyone else had a great and POP day! I'll read through more so I can throw out some personals when I'm on a faster connection.

Thank you again for adding to my special day! I adore you all!
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:06 AM   #175  
FBD/8-18-08

Liza - I didn't know who you were until I saw the "Mini-Me" in your post and you're the first one I ever saw use that! HEY GIRL! I see you're on a restart too. We'll do it together!
I just read through the posts but I've got to open in the AM and they're calling for ice so I may be getting up and going to work at 4:30 so I don't have time to do personals. Sorry
Had a very VERY hard day at work, much too much to go into here... Stayed POP but still unable to get on the treadmill until DH gets it oiled up for me.
I'll check back in sometime in the next day or two.
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:30 AM   #176  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Pearl - no wonder you're sick! You're probably exhausted! Bless your heart, your work hours are just insane! I don't know how you do it. Please take care of yourself!

Liza - I'm so glad you had a great birthday. The big 4-0 is coming for me in May. I'm going to ask DH for a karaoke party! We may have to have two parties - one for our families and then one for our friends. I'm not sure I could really cut loose singing in front of my parents. They have always been my biggest fans when it comes to my singing, but I don't know how they would react to hearing me sing "Sweet Child of Mine" or any of the other 80's/90's heavy metal that I love to sing when there's karaoke around!

I don't know how many kids I'll have today at school. For those who didn't catch it earlier on this thread, yesterday I had 2 kids absent and then had TEN kids check out during the day! The flu AND a stomach bug are going around our school. I ended up with only 13 kids in my class. Most of them had fever (one had 103!), but I had a few who threw up and some whose heads were hurting badly enough that they were crying. My co-worker next door was out with high temp and body aches yesterday and will be again today. She called last night to tell me she was emailing her lesson plans to me so that I could give them to her sub and she sounds horrible! Who knows about today? Some of them will likely be back, but there may be others out. Before we left yesterday, I gave everybody a Clorox wipe and they wiped down every surface in my room that they could reach! Today is our school's AttenDANCE (kids who have perfect attendance for the whole six weeks get to go to a little dance/celebration at the end of each six weeks), so I hate for some of them to be out and miss their big reward, but we'll see. I just pray that I don't catch anything or bring anything home to the rest of my family.
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:14 AM   #177  
Time to get back on track

S/C/G: 295/295/150

Height: 5'8

Good morning!

I didn't have to work this morning at my usual time, 6 am, but i still woke up super early! So annoying! I can't sleep in on the weekends either. I full on hate that! Sheesh! Okay, moving on... It does give me time to get up and get my work out on this morning before my long day at work (half day!). Then tonight it's dinner with the DBF and fam. I don't know what's on the menu so I suppose I'll just save some stuff so I can be somewhat POP.

I'll try to check in tonight, but usually by Thursday I am so exhausted that I fall asleep around 8 pm! I am such a party animal! Have a great day girls (and boys!)... Stay POP!
michie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:01 AM   #178  

Morning Ladies & Gents

What happened to Emily? I havent seen her in a while.

DH is home today and i'm sure he's going to find some project to do, not like i need a break from the kids or anything . Its raining out so hopefully he will stay in with us and maybe watch a movie, honestly it takes us about 4hrs to watch a 1.5hr movie because of all the pausing in between to do things for the boys. The kids are full of energy when DH is home because they are just happy. On another note i had forgotten how good i feel when i'm eating healthier, i have so much more energy.

Amy - Hi

Liza - Glad to hear you had a good birthday.

Pearl - hope you get to work and home safely with all the ice

Felicia - It should be a pretty quiet day huh if you have alot of kids out. I really hope you dont get sick.

Michie - Wow you are a party animal! LOL. Hope dinner goes well and you are not too much off plan.

Hi everyone else (nicole, joni, cecilia, dan, lynn, barbara, kimberly and everyone else i missed).

Hope everyone has a POP day!!

Last edited by Debbie24; 01-17-2008 at 11:05 AM.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:10 AM   #179  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Pearl! I was wondering where you were! I'm right there with you so we'll do this together! Are not at the bowling alley anymore?
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:14 AM   #180  
Kelly

S/C/G: 216/180/150

Height: 5'5"

Cool

Good morning everyone...I have been POP all week and so happy about that. When I am in this mode I wonder how I can ever eat bad stuff, because I feel absolutely amazing when I behave and eat like I should. I have also been very good about excercising and getting to how I was exercising in the summer...when it's so much easier, but I now find it sad that I look forward to going for a little run...very scary for me that's for sure.

Joni - Good luck with the trainer - be sure and report back and let us know how it goes.

Felicia - Hope everyone is feeling better and back in school soon and that they didn't all pass it along to you...I hate the trickle down effect of those illnesses. OH and a karaoke party sure sounds like fun. Do you have a PS2 or one of those games, there is a SingStar game, that is a hoot and we have played it at our kid's birthday parties (adults too) and it is a lot of fun.

Trying to get the feel of doing personals...so bare with me...Hello to everyone and hope you all have POP day!

Kelly
StevenBensMom is offline   Reply With Quote