Old 01-17-2008, 10:17 PM   #196  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Haha Joni you know me well. The theme was ballet.. I have a friend who makes 'edible art' so tomorrow i'll have to post a photo of the cake. I sent her a photo of Jaimie in her ballet outfit and she made one to a t out of marzipan on top of the CAKE (block your ears Nicole).. then she made me 12 cupcakes with purple icing and on each was a pair of edible pink ballet slippers.. it was adorable.
I am wiped and would have happily delved into a slice of the pizza they had but I parked myself in front of my veggie tray and also had a Perrier tonight instead of a glass of wine... oh POP sometimes is brutal!!!
Looking forward to the gym tomorrow despite the pain and Barbara you are right.. it is so much easier to do it with a spouse on plan.
It sounds like January has been great for all of us getting recommited and the flurry on the board so we are all getting each other back on track and keeping us motivated.. thanks for the much needed kick in the butt!!
Keep up the great work all and let's move those tickers.. to the right!!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:24 PM   #197  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone!

Another long and busy day. Tomorrow promises to be one as well. This weekend my friend is taking me out to the desert to play around on a quad in the sand for a late birthday present. Yay!

The DSL is finally back on! LOL Joni at thinking it might be Dear Sister In Law. I wouldn't call any of them Dear....

Michelle - On February 8th we're doing a special promotion at the Mission Valley Center. I'll be there doing a meet and greet and we're giving away prizes. I'm only going to be there for two hours myself, not sure the exact time but most likely it will be from 12:30-2:30PM so I can get back to the studio in time for the afternoon rush hour. Hope you can stop by and I can meet you!

Ok a ton of stuff to do before I go to bed and I'm putting it off. Stay POP everyone!
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:44 AM   #198  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Nicole View Post
are fruit flavored Mentos OP? I just had a few......and I am NOT letting them get the best of me..........I can do this, I can do this, I can do this!!!!!!
XOXO
Well duhhhh! Of course they are OP. They count as a fruit. So do lemon heads.

Last edited by Repo girl; 01-18-2008 at 12:45 AM.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:18 AM   #199  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Hi friends!

It's been a busy couple of days! I am staying super POP despite my scale situation...as in my scale being up situation! I'm actually not letting it get me down. I got my grades for last semester back today and was so pleasantly surprised. It will be my highest GPA in law school as of yet and it feels good! Remeber that trial I was panicked about? I got an A! I've struggled all three years to keep up and I finally feel like I actually did prettty well. It was a nice surprise for the day!
Thanks to Lynn's expert advice I am going to move up to the Blue plan since purple just isn't working for me. I think with my height/busy schedule it just wasn't enough food. I hope this does the trick bc I sure am sick of being stuck!!

TGIF! (almost) Two of my bestest friends from my hometown are driving up north to visit me this weekend. Of course they are skinny minis and are NOT on any sort of "plan" so it will be a challenge. We'll be touring the napa valley on sunday but I decided I will drive so that I don't go overboard on the liquid fruits... although it will be tough....

anway, I'll have to catch up with you all tomorrow!

Anyone up for a POP weekend!? I sure need one!

Last edited by amylou7777; 01-18-2008 at 02:19 AM.
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 07:57 AM   #200  
Sara

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/145

Height: 5"3"

Good morning everyone!
OMG! These posts are coming in so fast I can't keep. I would love to be able to do personals or comment ont he 5 pages I just read from Wednesday, but I'd have to skip work, so I'll skip the personals and just say you are all so inspiring and keep up the great job.

I went in for weigh in yesterday at lunch and I am down since Tuesday. So when I started back a week Monday, so basically 11 days ago I weighed 183 on LA scale, 180 on mine, went on TO for 2 days and got down to 179.8 on their scale and about 176 on mine...next visit I went up .4oz and again another .4 the next one....so to make a long story short yesterday I weighed in at 179.4 on their scale (175.5 Bare naked at home...yuk!). I feel a bit disappointed and discouraged as I thought I would be down at least another pound. I have been POP since recommitting myself 100%. I just hope I see the results soon as this yoyoing thing drives me nuts! I too am severly obsessed with the scale! What I really need to do now is focus on is exercising! I need to take action, not just think about it. I just have to figure out when and commit myself....but how do you do that? I feel so tiered and warn out...winter blues I hope. Kristen you are so lucky that hubby comes to the gym with you! That is so awesome to have that support. I would do anything to have DH join me a t a gym, but he hates exercising...oh well enough whining. Must stay positive...I will start exercising though, just a matter of starting, right?

Kristen and Angie if your interested in getting together next week let me kno or if you want "PM" me and we can hopefully set a date....Angie Tuesday works for me, I'm pretty flexible either than Fridays!

Well got to run off to work now!

Have a great day everybody.......yeahhhhhh its Friday!

Sara
bella mia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:43 AM   #201  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Okay quick hello as I'm off the the gym..yeah me!! I may even don a bathing suit and swim in the pool that you can see from the lobby..(are they nuts?)
had to post a photo of my youngest daughters' bday cake.. the them was ballet and our friend is an edible artist..gorgeous! and of course the birthday girl!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5199.jpg (33.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5192.jpg (26.9 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Jaimie at Party.jpg (25.7 KB, 14 views)
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:08 AM   #202  

Hello I decided to post over here b/c I wanted to get an opinion from you guys. I used to do LA weight loss some time ago and then stopped going b/c I felt it was very restrictive. I lost weight with them and then gained some back. Currently I am working out like crazy, eating well, and going to a personal trainer. Yesterday i recieved a phone call from La weight loss saying that I had plenty of weeks left and that they were willing to offer me my weeks back for free. Anyways, I just wasn't sure how the program has changed it has been probably about 1-2 years since I have been. I was hoping I could get some insight into this. Please help thanks.

Last edited by haylo921; 01-18-2008 at 10:09 AM.
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:28 AM   #203  
LAWL Salt Police

Hi Janelle!

I'd say go for it... Gotta watch out for the sales tactics when they push the bars and suppliments, but I'm sure you remember that from when you were active in the program..

I don't know what it was like when you were on the program, but it seemed pretty open to me and my wife.. Obviously there are restrictions on bad foods, but there are so many good foods and great recipies out there, I don't see how you could go wrong.

I'd take 'em up on the offer...

Morning all!! Hope you're all doing well.. It's been busy for me this week, finally, so I'm actually getting some work done (oh the horror!)...

And of course, the big new announced today.. Rush will return to Albuquerque on April 29th!! *happy dance*... Seeing as that's just a few days after my birthday, I know what my present this year is going to be!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:31 AM   #204  
Purple (no lites)

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Everyone!!

It's great to see most everyone losing...congrats!!

I've done okay this...not great, but okay. I was POP at the first of the week, but the last couple days have been just barely OP. I got on my treadmill about three times...that's a start. As of this morning, I'm still holding steady from last week...no new loss though.

DH and I are leaving in a couple hours to go camping for the weekend...it's going to be cold, but perfect campfire weather. I've planned my foods, so meals should be okay, but we seem to snack much more when we camp...gotta stay away from the chips...though I did get reduced fat chips, so maybe just a couple.

Hope everyone has great weekend!!! Talk to ya on Monday.
pjbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:56 PM   #205  
Amy

Hey guys!

I am glad to see that I am not the only one that struggles on the weekends! It's so easy to be POP on the weekdays for me, but hte weekends are hard. Since I started cooking again, it's gotten a little easier as I control what we eat.

Last night my best friend and I made Shepherd's Pie for dinner. It's a Rachel Ray recipe with beef instead of lamb. It was FANTASTIC. Nothing bad in it at all, so I counted it as PVS. Mmmm!! I recently found spinach again too, so we did a spinach salad too! YUM. I slipped a little bit with dessert, we made a blueberry cake. I ate one piece and counted it accordingly.

Amy- congrats on your grades. It all seems worth it when you get them. I got mine a while back and got straight A's for the first time since Middle School! Haha, I treated myself with a Coach bag!

I'm so excited today. I stayed up past 2am last night cleaning my house so I can play all day today! CLasses start up again on Tuesday, so my freedom is slipping away!

This weekend I want to plan some lunches to take to school with me as I'll be there 9-4:30 every day. I will have the gym to use from 3-4:40 everyday which is great. Treadmills, elipticals, bikes, OH MY! I drive in with my younger brother and sister, so I can't come home before then anyways, so I will be able to work out. If I work out I lose a TON.

Wow, this turned into a novel!

Have a great weekend guys!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:08 PM   #206  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. just checking in to say hi.
not much going on. still not doing too well. just feeling really horrible..emotional-wise.
but i thought i'd say hi. i've been lurking everyday, just not much to say otherwise.

hope everyone has a good weekend. i'm off to work in a few hours.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:30 PM   #207  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Hey gang! Man it has been a busy week for me and then we woke up to a beautiful snow here in WNC yesterday. Went for my official weigh in at COD during lunch break today and I'm down 3lbs....YEAH!

Haven't had a chance to catch up on posts but will try to get to that later today. Hope everyone is well and staying on track!

Jillian - I'll be thinking about you and please keep on posting. We care about you and want to know how you are doing!
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:04 PM   #208  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi everyone! Sorry I have been MIA again. I have had a lot going on this week. On Wednesday my assistant manager at the daycare had a terrible fight with the owner and quit on the spot. As most of you know, I put my notice in before Christmas. I was due to be done on the 30th of January. When my assistant quit and walked out, I knew that I was screwed because she was the only one who is trained to do my job. Even though the owner has had a month to hire a new Director, he has not. Basically having Gina quit like that would mean that I would have to work open to close, 13 hours a day. Since I am on salary and do not receive overtime, this was an insane thought. So I did the one thing that I could do. I quit too. I called all of my daycare families that had comitted to start at home daycare with me, asked them to start the next day, Thursday, emailed the owner and let him know that I would not be back, gathered up my stuff and left. So, to make a long story short, I am back to home daycare, and really enjoying being home. I will finally have time for you guys!

Jillian- Keep on keeping on. Things will get better. Have you seen The Secret?

Janelle- I think that the plan has a lot of options these days. Hopefully you can find something that will work for you. Good luck!

Paula- Have a great time camping
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:14 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Jillian, good to hear from you even if you are not feeling the happiest! Does your DH get leave sometime soon? I hope he gets some time home before they send him to Iraq. I know you miss NC, but I think it is very important for your kids that you spend more time with them. You are doing the right thing by moving back close. Even if it is very hard (and likely very cold).

Amy, I moved from Purple to Blue and it ended a plateau for me. I did really well on Blue and I have to say it remains my favorite.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:29 PM   #210  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Janelle,

Free is a very good price. Different areas seem to be doing different plans. Some have switched to newer plans and some are still on the plans that were probably around a few years ago. So it is hard to know what plan they might put you on. It could well be a little different than before. You could go and and try it. Since they are not going to charge you anything, why not give it a try and see if it works for you, if you are ready to really make a change. Perhaps you are more ready to make the changes needed to be thinner now. I know there was a long time in my life that I was not ready to give up my bad food habits... but then I was ready to make the commitment that it would take to be healthier.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote