3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Oct 22 - 28 Friends and Losers Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/125471-oct-22-28-friends-losers-thread.html)

Kim0303 10-24-2007 07:48 PM

Yes, Kimberly and Emily congratulations!!! Kimberly I know it is hard with a young one. Congratulations ladies!!!! WOOO HOOO

amylou7777 10-24-2007 08:01 PM

Oh! I forgot to ask..did anyone watch the biggest loser last night!!?? I was so angry!

KrispieD 10-24-2007 08:05 PM

I'm almost threw my lemon water at that guy.. ALL the people that want on that show so badly and he sabotages.. and someone else tell me they felt SO sorry for Kim.. it was a cringe episode!

Lynx 10-24-2007 08:12 PM

:rofl:Lemon water - not strong enough to fit that situation. How in the heck can someone gain 17 lbs? I know they said he drank a gallon or two of water, BUT what else did he do?

week 42
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 51.5 lbs.

bradleys mom 10-24-2007 08:14 PM

If he downed that 2 gallons right before the weigh in, then that is close to 16 lbs right? But you know I was thinking next weeks weigh in he is going to be down that much or more, so I'm sure Isabeau wont be too angry about it then when she is safe...

Oh and thanks for all the encouragement and congrats! :) It helps a whole lot!!! I think about those comments when Im trying to study, the baby is crying and DH is grouchy! lol

EmilyLashea 10-24-2007 08:17 PM

Thanks Amy and Kim!! :wave:

BarbaraB 10-24-2007 08:33 PM

That whole thing was just not right. I do not understand why they didn't vote off the sabotager? Only one team voted for him. I don't know why anyone would switch over to be trained by Jillian, she frightens me a little bit. I guess that might really motivate me to not be yelled at by the scary trainer. I am not sure I like that Amy girl, she seems to be filmed crying in every episode and it is never her fault that she didn't lose weight (after she ate almost 2000 calories on that challenge when she had a lousy 9 for her card).

Mama Nicole 10-24-2007 09:51 PM

Sorry girls.....don't watch the biggest loser. I tried one time, but I got bored.

I think my 12 yo DD is turning on me. You know that stage where all of a sudden they don't like you anymore, and pretty much think you a stupid in every way humanly possible? Man, I thought I might beable to skip over that with her, as we are two peas in a pod.......but outlook not so good. I hope this was just a bad couple of days for us and that tomorrow is better. Cross your fingers for me, ok?
XOXO

amylou7777 10-24-2007 10:09 PM

Aww, that's tough Nicole. I don't have any kids yet-but I know that stage was very short lived between me and my mom-like maybe a couple months in 7th grade and I can remember one time when I was a soph in HS. So don't get too worried!

I was so outraged by TBL and then I started to think, was this a stunt by the producers of the show???? I've found this season a little boring. I've never watched every episode of a season before--so I've found myself fast forwarding the DVR to get to the w/i. So I started to wonder if they were trying to spice things up? It just seemed so out of nowhere?! And I felt the same way about the Amy/Jillian thing. Like they were trying to highlight the rivalry between those two trainers. I thought it made Kim look pretty bad.

But whatever it was it worked bc I was so into it by the time they got to the end. I just felt so bad for the guy who got kicked off bc of someone else's inconsideration. I'm definitely more into it now!

That show has also made me realize that it's so strange how people can weigh the same as you or less than you and looks SO different. I know height comes into play but it's just so interesting to see their numbers on the scale.

ok-dinner time, finally!

Yay for a POP day!

amylou7777 10-24-2007 10:11 PM

LOVE the new av, Kimberly!!! YOU LOOK SO GREAT!

KSingleton 10-24-2007 10:21 PM

Nicole-My DD is 14 and we are as you say "Two Peas in a Pod", and I have to say since she was about 11 or 12 we've had some days where she likes me and some days where she doesn't. She just came in here from the kitchen and gave me a big hug and said she loved me so I guess this is one of those days where she likes me!

Joni135 10-24-2007 10:23 PM

Lynn - I'm going to check out Oliviassecret...I need something! Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you have reason to be proud of your boys.

Emily - you are a ray of sunshine to this site...glad you found us.

Lettie - how did the interview go?

Felicia - I, too, like the pirate better than Jeff Gordon too. Your little boy is growing up way too fast! I wouldn't worry about today's gain...it will be gone.

Liza - thanks for the updates. What are longhorns???

Barbara - I taped the wrong show last night but caught the last 20 minutes of The Biggest Loser. I'm a little lost even after reading all about the show at this site: http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/j...loser-5981.php

KimR - what a difference in your two pics. You are doing great. I don't see a pic of Bradley, though, in your avatar. Congrats on your great test score.

KrispieD 10-24-2007 11:06 PM

Nicole you are my twin! I've had the same past 3 days with my 4 year old darling daughter.. (yes Aunt Joni it's true) I've been told "You are a mean mommy" "I don't like the tone in your voice" and "I don't like you" as well as she told Daddy "I don't want to live here" On the latter comment I went downstairs with a little bag and said are you sure you don't want to live here..Mommy and daddy love you, buy you food and clothes, cook for you , play with you.. when i still got a NO, I told her to pick the things she would like to take with her.. needless to say she stopped in her tracks. I think she must be an old soul as I expected this behaviour when she was maybe 9 or 10..NOT 4.
As for the 17lb weight gain on Biggest Loser.. I don't think it was the water.. I'm pretty sure the boy hit up Dairy Queen and tried several flavors of Blizzards!!

Mama Nicole 10-24-2007 11:21 PM

Kristen.......I have just got to meet this little darling before she grows up. I tell you, girlls like her go places in life. Good for her........bad for you right now. Keep your chin up......she is just trying to learn how to express herself.....and with kids, it is always better (for them anyway) out than in. Also, keep in mind how VERY much she trusts and loves you to be so honest about how she feels :) That is a true compliment to your mothering!!!

Are you OP today? I am, I am......and I am sooo excited. I bet you are too! I am going to give you a premature WHOOHOOOO, and I might even shake a stick.......lol
XOXO

EmilyLashea 10-24-2007 11:25 PM

Maybe I should start watching Biggest Loser, as I have no idea what you all are talking about.. I'm with you Nicole, I got bored with it the first time I tried and never watched again.

Amy- :cheer: for a POP day!

Lettie- How was the interview?

Joni- :thanks:

So.. I was POP all day until I left off my last protein and starch since I didn't get off work until 8:00. I was tempted to swing thru somewhere and pick something up but I resisted. I've seen where a lot of people drink lemon water. Is it strictly for the taste or does it do something amazing that I'm not aware of? :)

Good Night! :yawn: