3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Oct 22 - 28 Friends and Losers Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/125471-oct-22-28-friends-losers-thread.html)

nighthawk 10-22-2007 08:15 PM

Greetings all,
Thanks so much for the warm welcome!
I have just returned from the COD and my weightloss 3.4lbs that's 5.6 lbs in 5days that just blows me away. I got to change my avatar already

Ah Rush ...those were the days.

Cheers!
Lori

BarbaraB 10-22-2007 08:32 PM

Lori, Welcome! That is great that you lost so much already! The program really does work and it is a healthy safe way to lose weight and keep it off.

Dan2112 10-22-2007 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nighthawk (Post 1901941)
Greetings all,
Thanks so much for the warm welcome!
I have just returned from the COD and my weightloss 3.4lbs that's 5.6 lbs in 5days that just blows me away. I got to change my avatar already

Ah Rush ...those were the days.

Cheers!
Lori

"Those were the days?" :club: Spoken like someone who really needs to "come home" to the music.. sigh...

Sorry.. It's an OCD/obsesssion thing with me... :lol:

Congrats on the loss!!!! Keep it up...

Kimphin 10-22-2007 09:18 PM

Good evening!!! What a beautiful day today! It was about 80degrees – normal for us is 50’s. I’m just waiting for the other shoe to drop and wake up to a foot of snow on the ground.

Stayed mostly on plan this weekend, ‘cept for a few stray candy corn that somehow ended up in my mouth (oops). I tried extra hard at the gym this AM to make up for it.

Liza – you glossed over your scare the other day, but since I just put 2 and 2 together about where you are and what you do ---- you BE CAREFUL!!!! (not that you have the controls, but you know what I mean)….

Dan – cannot help with the bok choy, but do not put salt on it. And, if you find something to do with it, and it tastes good…. Share the secret!

Kim2 – glad the wedding went well. Pictures????

Lori and Emily – welcome to the group!

Nicole and Kristen – :wave:

OK, gotta go watch football! And avoid the candy corn (DH will have to enter a 12-step program after Halloween is over. Skinny man…. Hissss Booo!):bat:

Dan2112 10-22-2007 09:22 PM

I meant to shout out to Liza.. Stay safe out there.. A bunch of my folks are gearing up to head your way. No assignments yet, but it's probably just a matter of time. I probably won't add my name to the "available" list, but I really want to.. There's just so much on my plate at the office right now I really don't have time...

Hope things look better for you soon!

Kimphin 10-22-2007 09:26 PM

Dan - my thoughts are with your guys that they will be safe and successful. And if you go, same to you!

Ternoway 10-22-2007 09:58 PM

I was less than 2 pounds away from one-derland on Friday and was completely psyched to be POP for the weekend to get it off and I blew it on Saturday night. We were out all day and I really didn't want to cook when we got home so we ended up going out for dinner to an Indian retaurant. I love Indian food but I love all the rich and very off plan foods! I ate the entire order of butter chicken and and half the naan bread! It was so so yummy that I just couldn't resist and it showed up at WI today, I'm up another pound. So back to it, I go. With any luck I will break through the 200barrier by the end of the week.

bayoubelle68 10-22-2007 10:27 PM

I went over to our old house to clean some more and decided to get our goldfish. We just hadn't brought them to the new house - I really don't know why. DH's office is still in a little building in the backyard, so he feeds them every day. We hired a painter to do some touch-up work for us so we can sell the house and she keeps leaving the kitchen lights on every night. When DH asked her about it, she said she's leaving them on for the fish - because she thinks they look lonely. How does a fish look lonely? Well, I felt bad that our painter was more worried about our fish than we were, so I decided to go ahead and bring them here. The tank was disgusting! I cleaned it out, but it needs a new filter and maybe even a whole new pump. I didn't want to put the fish back into the tank since I had to use some detergent to clean it, so I used the only thing left in the house that I could put them in, but I had to hold it in my lap to keep it from sloshing on the way home.

Does your life ever sound like a bad country song? Here's my song title for the day: "Driving Down the Road with a Kool-Aid Pitcher Full of Goldfish Between My Legs."

EmilyLashea 10-22-2007 10:48 PM

Kimphin.. glad to know i'm not the only one with a skinny mini for a DH (or DBf in my case) :devil:

bradleys mom 10-22-2007 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mama Nicole (Post 1901720)
Where is your avatar picture, Kimberly?

Its coming back, I am celebrating my 20lbs lost this week!!

EDIT: Heres an avatar that I LOVE looking at!!!

lizababe 10-22-2007 11:40 PM

Hey all! Live from the frontlines.....

Kim - yes I did gloss it over. I was still in disbelief that I lived through the situation and that it happened at all. When we bailed from the fire scene we got caught in a crosswind that turned us sideways and we were absolutely stuck for a few harrowing minutes that made my pilot and I discuss a choice between a hard landing and a crash landing and how to survive the night in the middle of nowhere. Fortunately, I had my best pilot and he found a patch that allowed us to get out. As scared as we were, the ground crew was even more terrified by what they saw. I left the camera on in case we crashed so they would know if we crashed and know where to send searchers. The camera at one point went black and our two way radio lines went out so all they saw was us flipping around towards the ground, then total black and no one could get through on the radio for a few minutes. Dan - your old friend JZ was on the ground at the firelines watching the feed and I believe found religion because I heard him on the two way saying "Oh God, chopper 8 please get back home safe!" I have to admit, I quietly begged in my mind "Please, don't let this be it!" As soon as we landed my pilot and I nearly lost control of our knees and started calling our loved ones.

Will I fly again? Of course. Just like people still drive after getting in a car accident. The difference is, I will not take a chance like that again if I hear warnings that the wind is that bad.

Now, on the rest of the frontlines. The fires are BAD, possibly the worst this county has seen and worse than the 2003 fires. I got to work at 4:30AM and didn't leave until 7:30PM. I have to be back again at 4AM and sleep for a few hours. The fire line is now just 10 miles north of me and rapidly moving down the coastline. I have people on alert to call ALL of my phone numbers if it gets within 5 miles of us and am prepared. All of our important items are in the car, the pet carriers are ready to go and even the computer box is just a matter of yanking it from the wires.

POP today? I don't think so. Pizza and breakfast burritos for me.

Stay safe everyone else. Dan, if you do go on the list and head out here I'd love to buy you a cup of coffee and even give you a tour of the facilities. You could maybe get in touch with JZ again although they're keeping him as busy as they're keeping me!

God bless everyone and good night for now.

emmysmom 10-23-2007 09:00 AM

Oh, Liza...my prayers are with you :hug:. Reading your post is like having a dear friend going through a bad situation and there's nothing that we can do but sit by and pray that you'll be okay...

Jrny2aNewMe 10-23-2007 09:18 AM

Good morning all!

Liza - Wow! All I can say is stay safe girl!

Felicia - Love your bad country song title of the day - the mental picture just cracks me up.

MomOfThreeTeens 10-23-2007 09:52 AM

Theres a picture of the bride and groom on my profile. I'll get some more put on my Picture trail site when I can. I cant do it from work.

Katy66 10-23-2007 11:14 AM

Hey everyone, hope you are having a POP day:) So far so good for me but for some reason I feel a case of the munchies coming on. Good thing I have a meeting to go to before lunch....can't eat while I'm in the meeting:)

Lori - congrats on your loss, isn't it great?

Liza - I've been following the news about all the fires in your area, what a scary situation. You try to be safe....I can't imagine flying again after what happened to you.

Kim2 - The bride and groom look very happy, can't wait to see all the pics:)

Ternaway - good luck with reaching 1derland this week. You can do it!

Felicia - I have this mental pic of you driving with the goldfish and them looking sad......too funny.

Dan and Liz - Hope you don't have to head off to the fires Dan, especially since Liz is in her rockies.....:)

Kimberly R - way to go on the 20 lb mark, you keep it up.

Well I better run now and get back to work. Hey to everyone out there I've missed....