3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Oct 22 - 28 Friends and Losers Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/125471-oct-22-28-friends-losers-thread.html)

SpringManor 10-23-2007 08:29 PM

New to this group

Hi everyone, I have been reading this thread and thought I would introduce myself. My name is Lorrie, I live in Michigan. I have done LAWL in the past and now I am trying again, only this time on my own. I need to lose at least 60 lbs, so I hope this group will be my support. Everyone sounds like a great support group. Anything else you want to know about me, let me know. I started the take off that LAWL used to do, do they still do that? I am going to be on the red plan, do they still use that also? I bought the Luna Bars and the shakes I heard about on this thread. I haven't got them yet. Does anyone remember the 3 day take off starter from LAWL? Just wondering.

Lorrie Spaans
245 starting
190 goal for now. :):)

Mama Nicole 10-23-2007 09:07 PM

Welcome Lorrie :) This should help :)
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70537
There is a lot of info on this thread, but on the first page you will find the TO info :) Hope this helps!!!!

Mama Nicole 10-23-2007 09:14 PM

Hey Kim#3.........just wanted to tell you that my 17 yo DD argues with her boyfriend NONSTOP. It's like they don't even like each other. I don't get it at all. Sometimes I think she is just trying to prove a point that she can be super bit*%& and he will still hang around. DH and I aren't a bickery couple either.....so who knows. I think she is my complete oposite.

Ok, I made it through day 2 of FF......Joni......I expect to hear you tell us you made it through day 1 of FF at the end of tomorrow.........:) :hug:

My sclae better be nice tomorrow......I only have a few more days to report a WI for the chicks to the finish challenge. Man, why oh why did I go on a binge last week.........and the week before? Darn doughnuts.
XOXO

BarbaraB 10-23-2007 09:18 PM

Kim03, 17 year olds are notorious for not taking their parents advice, especially about boys. So yes, its the age. You are already down over 20 pounds, so don't give yourself too bad of a time. You are overall doing great. Sometimes it takes longer to recover from a slip up. I have no idea why, perhaps Dan's theory of the results taking a few days to really show up is part of it. A week is nothing, day to day fluctiotions can keep you from seeing progress over the course of a week when you are in fact making great progress. Your weight will change day to day more than you can lose in a week, so you have to just give it time and the progress will eventually be apparent. The scale is really a discouraging indicator of how well you are doing

EmilyLashea 10-23-2007 09:35 PM

It's been raining in Alabama since yesterday... Yay! :cheer:

I'm on my last night of TO, thank God... managed to make it thru. Can't wait for a nice big baked potato tomorrow!! :)

Welcome Lorrie!!! :wave:

bayoubelle68 10-23-2007 10:40 PM

Hey, y'all! I had just sat down to dinner with a steaming bowl of white chili when the phone rang. It was a lady down the street - who I hadn't met. She works with a friend of ours and he had mentioned to her that I might want to walk with her. I'm not sure why he thought I might, but God bless him! It has been COLD here today - our first cold day of the season, so I threw on a coat and met her at the end of our driveway. I warned her that I'm very slow and haven't walked in a long time. She said, "We'll be a great match!" and we took off. I was pleasantly surprised to see that my nearly 50 pounds of weightloss have made a huge improvement in my ability to walk. I was even able to talk to her the whole time. Six months ago, I would have been winded by the time I walked to the end of the driveway and not even been able to introduce myself! I'm not sure how far we went, but we walked for about 30 minutes and it was really fun getting to know her. We made a big loop and as we approached my house, she said she was going to go another loop. I said I thought I would stop of my house since I didn't want to overdo it and she said that was cool. But when we got to my house, I decided to walk another loop with her. I'm proud of myself for that - and so grateful that she pushed me without even meaning to. We may not get to be regular walking buds, but whenever her DH is out of town, we're going to walk together. I plan to call her often!

I have, however, realized that I've lost 50 pounds of insulation!! I took my kids out to recess today and after 10 minutes, called them to line up. They asked why and I said, "B-b-because I'm c-c-c-c-cold!" I'm usually such a polar bear, but I am freezing now!! This cold snap surprised us all! I had to go buy DS a jacket after school because - mother of the year alert! - I took him to school in short sleeves this morning, certain that it would warm up before recess. Thank goodness, his class chose not to go out!

Kimphin 10-23-2007 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraB (Post 1903252)
Hi all,

My DH and I are over our trauma of the DD changing schools. Well after the quick calculation that it will save us somewhere over 50,000$ sunk in, even with her planning on the 5 year program and ending up with a master's degree... so 50,000 less for us, 15,000 less debt for her and she ends up with a master's degree at the end instead of a bachelors? Why were we even upset about this? I want to do the 5 year accounting program, as for the summer after the senior year there is a summer school in France. And at the end she will have enough credits to take the CPA exam too, which she has been all stressing herself out since you need 150 semester credits to take the CPA exam in Oregon. That is the main reason she has been taking 18 credits a term, so she could accumulate the credits for that.

Oh, the poor girl. Is there nothing you can do to change her mind about being a CPA? (...:D that's what I am)

Sounds like oregon has more strict criteria than NYS. Good for her for being so dedicated to her future now.

amylou7777 10-24-2007 01:48 AM

hi friends! a quick check in before I head to bed. School has been ridiculous lately and it looks like it will stay this way until Christmas break!

I have still yet to lose a pound this month. COD thinks I'm almost ready to be moved down to purple!! I promised to be super good this week and try to get a few more lbs off so that I can offically move down and start losing regularly again! I think it's time-my body just wont budge. So it's back to basics. Weighing and measuring again-which I haven't been doing for the past 6 weeks. And of course no more nibbles of things I shouldn't have!

DBF and I went to the pumpking patch and the Apple farm that is quite popular up here. There were so many delicious apple treats to choose from! I ended up having a bit of homemade apple pie-man was that good! But luckily I didn't over do it. It was a beautiful day to be up in the mountains.

Nicole- I hope you are back to your jolly ol self very soon. I know how those funks can be!

Felicia-you crack me up! Love the country song...I think Tammy or Dolly could do that one well! Congrats on getting out and walking!!! That is awesome!

LIZA! I've been worried sick about you as I've watched the fire coverage. I'm so glad you are ok. What an ordeal. I was there for 2003 and this looks unbelievably worse. I ended up going up to Newport Beach in 03 to get out of the smoke bc my apt was so full of ash after just a few days. Hang in there. I'm most definitely thinking about you and all of my SD friends.

Val-you are doing SO great!! You are such a motivation. Congrats on your HUGE loss!

Kimberly-love the new av! What a sweetie Bradley is!

YEAH LIZ! Congrats on bustin that plateau!

Kristen-are you doing the Plat Buster? I saw you bumped it up---I will say that it definitely worked for me when I did it last month and I really didn't find it that difficult once I planned it out.

We'll have to put up a DQ alert!

Emily-welcome! You are definitely the baby of the group! I think I come in right after Kimberly- I turned 24 this summer. Congats on making it through TO!

Welcome Lori!

Kim#3-I've been feeling the same way--I've been doing so good and nothing will budge! I'm hoping weighing and measuring and getting all of my food in will at least drop me a lb.

Tina-wohoo look at you!! Get back on track-you are SOO close to that goal. Although maybe dh was right! You already look smokin.

I know I'm forgetting some that I wanted to say hi to but I must get to bed!

amylou7777 10-24-2007 01:49 AM

oops-posted twice...

goodnight!

Lynx 10-24-2007 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraB (Post 1903252)
Hi all,

My DH and I are over our trauma of the DD changing schools. Well after the quick calculation that it will save us somewhere over 50,000$ sunk in, even with her planning on the 5 year program and ending up with a master's degree... so 50,000 less for us, 15,000 less debt for her and she ends up with a master's degree at the end instead of a bachelors? Why were we even upset about this? I want to do the 5 year accounting program, as for the summer after the senior year there is a summer school in France. And at the end she will have enough credits to take the CPA exam too, which she has been all stressing herself out since you need 150 semester credits to take the CPA exam in Oregon. That is the main reason she has been taking 18 credits a term, so she could accumulate the credits for that.

Barbara B,

I just had to write and tell you about my younger DS. Both my sons went to state schools for their undergraduate work. I insisted on that. My younger DS ended up doing a 5 year, 150 credit required accounting program to get his undergraduate degree, but when he graduated it was in the midst of the accounting scandals so he decided to go to law school. The business school/accounting program provided a very good base for his legal studies, but when he started college, I was not thinking that it would be an 8 year education.

Older DS, raced through college in 4 years as a Economics major so he could move on to law school. Luckily, his total years in school was 7.

Moral of story. When kids start college don't assume that an undergraduate degree is the end of the line.

Best wishes for everyone and let's hope that the Santa Ana winds die down and things start turning around for our California friends and of course, that is especially true, Liza.

Take care and be good everyone else.

week 42
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 51.5 lbs.

SpringManor 10-24-2007 08:40 AM

Good Morning Everyone

Just wanted to say good morning. I got thru day one of take off, now to get thru day 2. Hope everyone has a good day.

Lorrie

P.S. Can anyone help me, I am trying to post my tickler that I set up and can't figure how to do it.

KrispieD 10-24-2007 08:40 AM

Morning All
Hope you are all having a good day.. Felicia I hope you are staying warm. I had to laugh reading your post as since I lost weight I have to take a cardigan everywhere.. I'm always cold! My mom jokes that I have no meat left on my bones to keep me insulated..brrr
I'm off all day teaching again but have been sticking to my plan 100%. I'm going to do my meal planning for next week and will use the plateau buster.. I like the fact you can still have some carbs! I'm using my extended FF method mixed with South Beach so limited dairy and no carbs or fruit and the scale is going back to where the heck it should be! It is TOM but I got lazy on my liquid fruit and starches with all the bday parties we've had going on and confession time..the scale was actually up 7lbs! I see 3 gone which I think was water retention and hope more will move with Aunt Flo. After several self lashing with a wet noodle I did realize that I still made mainly good food choices and caught myself in time.. so I will stop punishing myself and get excited about moving my ticker again..to the right!!

Joni135 10-24-2007 09:10 AM

Morning Kristen - glad to see SOMEONE has a plan and they are following it!!

Felicia - that's cool about your new friend and walking buddy. I've always been a solo work out person, but I find myself skipping out of going to the gym more and more. It may be trime to recruit some workout buddies. I did decide this morning that one of the simple joys I can give to Charlie (my dog) is to take him on more and longer walks. I will start today with that since we're not sure how many more good weeks he has, and I need the exercise!

Lorre - Tina posted a little info about adding a ticker (see the Newbies Sticky thread at the time of this LAWL forum)

Here's my question to all of you parents - do you feel obligated to pay for your child's entire college education? I can see helping out, but I've never understood why parents feel it is there obligation to fund X number of years of college. My brother took out massive loans so his son could earn his master's degree to teach college English. At one point my brother wanted me to co-sign on one of the loans and I said, sorry, no can do (his wife and I don't get along and I can easily see her leaving me with that bill)! My college tuition (in state) was paid by state scholarships, put on master card, and at some point when I really couldn't afford it, I postponed my education, went to work full time, and my employee reimbursed a great deal of my tuition. It took 10 years to get my undergrad and I never had to take out any loans. Of course, I'm talking 30 years ago, but the point I'm making is I hope that the parents are making themselves and their retirement a first priority over funding their child's long-term education. In the end, I think if they help pay for it, they appreciate it a lot more!

MomOfThreeTeens 10-24-2007 09:18 AM

Joni-My ODS graduated from college in May, we paid for every penny. We told him anything else he wanted to do he was on his own. The place he works will pay for him to go back and get his Masters. We told him he would be crazy not to do it when he can get somebody else to foot the bill!

emmysmom 10-24-2007 09:51 AM

Thanks for all the compliments on the avatar. Smokin, Amy? Not so sure about that :) I did update my weight loss album, though (Joni's request) and when I looked at the side by side of me at 150 compared to 140, the difference is much more than I thought. I haven't taken my measurements in a while...maybe I should do that.

I've been cold all the time, too, since losing weight. I keep a sweater in my office because I'm always freezing. I work with a girl who is, I'm guessing, maybe 350 and she walks around here with sleeveless shirts practically all year and is always saying, "how could you possibly be cold"...