3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Oct 22 - 28 Friends and Losers Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/125471-oct-22-28-friends-losers-thread.html)

LizzyW 10-23-2007 11:22 AM

GM everyone,

Well I did it. I broke my plateau thanks to the 5 day plateau breaker. I am down to 166.4!!! :carrot: I am so happy, you would not believe.

Renee - :club::kickbutt: Hope that helps. LOL

Liza - Please be very careful. I was nervous enough when Dan went to Idaho and he wasn't even on the line. Don't take anymore risks. I don't blame you for not being POP right now. Who could be in this kind of situation.

Well, I better get some work done, even though I don't feel like it. LOL. Talk to you all later.

Liz

Mama Nicole 10-23-2007 11:40 AM

WHOOOOHOOOOOO Liz. I am going to have to check that plat buster out for sure :) WTG!!!! :cheer:
XOXO

myboysnme2 10-23-2007 11:50 AM

Just a quick fly by!

Kim that picture is sooo sweet. You can just feel the love!!

Liza, where exactly are you?? I just talked to my sister in Oceanside and she said the evacuation line is only 2 miles away from her. Just wondering if you are in the same area. There are so many fires it's just unbelievable. Suz has the Rice fire coming from the North and the Witch fire coming from the East. I live 300 miles away and I am so scared for them!

Check back later...
KimS

lizababe 10-23-2007 12:55 PM

KimS - I'm more central on the bay in San Diego and not close to the evacuation lines. My main concern is the unexpected fires from power transformers blowing and unfortunately, arsonists who are having a heyday with all of this.

Is your sister ready to go? The National Guard is here now, I followed a convoy home and they continued north up the coastline so they will be assisting with evacuation. Please tell your sister to be prepared, everyone in the county should be with their most important things packed and either by the door or already in the car. The Rice fire is moving pretty rapidly and Camp Pendleton is assisting in Oceanside so tell her to just keep an eye on all media reports and stay off the land line in case the reverse 911 call comes to her.

Take care all. I'm going to take a little snooze, I'm wiped out.

galachick 10-23-2007 01:14 PM

Thanks, Liz...that was exactly what I needed! :D BYW, what exactly did your 5 day plateau breakers consist of?

Kristen, your words of inspiration are right on target, as usual! I want St. Nick to be the only fatty around my house this Christmas, too. I think I will start working on a Christmas Goal. Only 9 more weeks???

My prayers are with those of you near the fires, as well as, those of you who have family living near the fires. I can't begin to imagine what it is like for you. Here in the South, we see the damage the wind can do through tornadoes and hurricanes but adding the fire, smoke, and embers is just too much to comprehend. May God's hand of protection surround you and your loved ones. And may he bring a rain that will squelch the fires...

... and then the rains can move on over to the southeast to relieve our drought. I live near Lake Lanier in Northeast Georgia and drive over the bridges everyday. It has now been so low for so long that grass is growing in the dried-up coves. I have lived her all my life (37 years) and never seen it this bad.

Take care,

Mama Nicole 10-23-2007 03:15 PM

Hey guys......
I have to go watch a movie with almost 3yo DS, but I wanted to pop in here real quick to say......."Liza.....so glad you are ok!!!!" I would have $hit myself for sure.

And where oh where is our Jillian? Check in soon please :)

Kristen........are you being a good girl? What about you, Joni? Did either of you do FF or TO or anything? I am on day 2 of FF, and I am kicking some serious butt :)

Ok, must go watch meet the robinsons now........i have a sore throat and a cough......so I am going to try, and I repeat, try, to take the afternoon off......:rofl:.
XOXO

Mama Nicole 10-23-2007 03:16 PM

and good to see you again, Renee :)

Ok, no more (Hi Kims........)......must go snuggle.........

HOW WEIRD......I just tried to submit this post, and I got the error message.."the server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later." Has that ever happened to any of you?

Katy66 10-23-2007 03:55 PM

Nicole - You of all people should know that Mom's don't get to take time off...well only if you are hospitalized and time off just isn't worth that:) Seriously, hope you feel better soon and enjoy your snuggle time!

healthy2b 10-23-2007 04:10 PM

Hi everybody.....I've had a horrible night and morning....last night one of my back molars broke in half and the pain has been terrible....I went to my dentist first thing this morning and he got me in and I'm going to have to have a crown. He did the prep work for the crown and the numbness finally wore off but now I'm in terrible pain again...don't know what is going on but I have a call into the dentist to see what is up....maybe the nerves are just aggitated and they will settle down and be better. I can't wait to get off of work so I can go home and take some pain meds.....may have to leave work early which I hate to do since I didn't get here 'til noon but I don't know how much longer I can hang in here.

Liza - How SCARY! Glad your okay and please stay safe!

TTKim - love the bride and groom picture, can't wait to see more.

Lori - WTG - good job on your loss....

Liz- congrats on breaking your plateau!

Tina - WOW...new avatar...you look great!

Joni135 10-23-2007 04:37 PM

Tina - love the new avatar picture.
Kim - your son looks so happy in that picture! Congrats
Liza - I don't think I took a single breath while reading your post. Thank God you made it through that ordeal.
Felicia - you crack me up. Poor lonely goldfishies! I probably would have left the light on too, and if there was a radio, I would have that playing for them as well!
Thanks Kim...I'm now craving candy corn. I really need to go find that plateau buster menu!
Alannah - congrats on getting through your move. When does Chancey get to visit???
Nicole and Kristen - I'm a couple days behind you, but have to do something quickly!
Dan - you know me...gourmet cook! I found only one recipe using Bok choy in Deb's cookbook (where or where did Deb go ??).
Vietnamese-Style Beef and Noodle Broth-PVVSCIngredients:
1 to 1 1/2 lbs beef flank steak, very thinly sliced against the grain, size according to plan
4 cups chopped bokchoy (1 small head, about 1 pound)
4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 cup water
4 oz wide rice noodles
2 tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 1/2 cups mung bean sprouts
4 tbsp chopped fresh basil, or to taste
Preparation:
Heat a Dutch oven or soup pot coated with cooking spray over high heat. Add beef and cook, stirring often, until just cooked, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate using tongs, leaving the juices in the pot.
Add bok choy to the pot and cook, stirring, until wilted, about 2 minutes. Add broth and water, cover and bring to a boil. Add noodles and soy sauce; simmer until the noodles are soft, about 4 minutes. Return the beef to the pot and cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes more.
Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with bean sprouts and basil. Serve hot.
Makes: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 bowl; about 2 cups
LA Exchange: 1 Protein, 2 Vegetables, 1 Starch, 1 Condiment

KrispieD 10-23-2007 04:53 PM

Hello All

Candy corn??? Do they make that in a blizzard??.. someone used that blaphemous word on this site this week I think.. I saw a Pumpkin Pie Blizzard!
QUICK Nicole/Joni..warn the newbies about the potential for world chaos if Dairy Queen is mentioned on this site!!!

Renee.. good to have another wagon jumper on board with me.

Lizzy. WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.. go get yourself some new jeans..the old ones won't fit soon!
Can you post the Plateau Breaker somewhere or bump up the thread.. I think a few people would like it.
I'm doing my version of the FF/South Beach thing.. only proteins, nuts and vegetables with very limited dairy and no carbs or fruit. I need to smack my system back into reality. So I'm on 100% until Saturday when we have a 50th bday party for a friend and then back on for another week till we go to Buffalo for a 2 night overnight, no kids to see an NFL game..yahoooo!
After that weekend all our bday parties etc are done and I am so looking forward to just having a few weekends at home.. it will be easier on my waistline and my energy level!

Liza stay safe :hug:

equinetcan 10-23-2007 06:20 PM

Joni - I go get chancey thursday morning and she will be with me until later sunday night. The ex and new girlfriend are going to Maine for the weekend for a bowling thing so he will pick her up when they get back sunday night.

Liza - I hope everything stays ok for you dow there and you don't have to evacuate too.

Nicole - feel better soon!!

I spent most of today cleaning the oven and stove. Total of 5 hours between the oven, the door, the drip trays and under the burners. Its the only thing not cleaned when this guy moved out. You can really tell he wasn't much of a cook at all!! But it is clean and spiffy now. I just have to wait till tomorrow when I can open all the windows and turn it on in case there is any residue that needs to burn off. I will never let it get that way again!!

On the plus side I found most of the boxes with my clothes, blankets and sheets, and towels. I was looking yesterday but they were buried. It is slowly starting to look like a house. I still need a few things but it is getting a little better each day.

I'll check in again later...

bradleys mom 10-23-2007 06:29 PM

Yea, Kristen that was me, my bad, wont mention (or eat) it again.... lol

BarbaraB 10-23-2007 07:28 PM

Hi all,

Alannah, gosh I'm glad you are done going up and down those stairs at least as that made me tired just hearing about it. So nice that you get Chancey at your place. My sister had a yellow lab that she had to put down yesterday and he was so sweet. We will all miss him. He had bone cancer in his jaw. So hug your Chancey since they are only with us for a too short of a time.

I went to the gym at lunch and ran on the tread mill. I managed to make 5 miles in just under an hour, so that is a personal best for me on a tread mill. It really made me feel good. My DH is always talking about the exercise high, but I think this might be one of the few times I actually had one. Normally I just feel tired and crabby after exercise.

Liza, That sounds so scary. Our office down there is in the evacuation zone, so many, many of the folks that I work with all the time from that office are evacuated. It is amazing how many people who have so much going on bother to find a way to work still. I think it gives them something to focus on besides worrying. Management has stopped hyperventalating over the possible loss of power down there (or maybe they all just passed out from continued hyperventalation, hard to tell).

Nicole feel better soon. I miss having little ones to snuggle with.

My DH and I are over our trauma of the DD changing schools. Well after the quick calculation that it will save us somewhere over 50,000$ sunk in, even with her planning on the 5 year program and ending up with a master's degree... so 50,000 less for us, 15,000 less debt for her and she ends up with a master's degree at the end instead of a bachelors? Why were we even upset about this? I want to do the 5 year accounting program, as for the summer after the senior year there is a summer school in France. And at the end she will have enough credits to take the CPA exam too, which she has been all stressing herself out since you need 150 semester credits to take the CPA exam in Oregon. That is the main reason she has been taking 18 credits a term, so she could accumulate the credits for that.

Kim0303 10-23-2007 07:55 PM

Just lurking around and reading what you guys are up to. Boy are you busy!!!

Congratulations Liz!!! Yeah!

Kim you son and DIL are a great looking couple. I know you are proud!

Liza, OUr prayers are with you. Be careful!

I am just trying to get out of a slump. Pissed off I had a weight gain last weekend Not this past one, and it is taking over a week to get all that weight off. How is that possible? I didn't even stray that far off of the plan. WOW! I am getting discouraged and I know it is up to me. I am the only one that controls what goes in my mouth but darn it is slow. Sure went on quick a few weekends ago!!! Trying to walk daily but my darn knee is hurting. Trying to walk anyway. Ok, enough gripping.

Everyone, stay strong and disciplined. Got to go tickle 17 y.o. DD's back. She had an arguement with her boyfriend I am sure. I tried to tell her life is to short to argue all the time but she won't listen. She sure hasn't seen that from me and her father either. If we disagree about something it isn't in front of her so I don't know why she keeps hanging with this guy. I guess it is the age. Lord, please open her eyes! Later!
ps don't forget biggest lossers