3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Oct 22 - 28 Friends and Losers Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/125471-oct-22-28-friends-losers-thread.html)

bayoubelle68 10-22-2007 07:25 AM

Oct 22 - 28 Friends and Losers Thread

Good morning! Hope everyone has a wonderful POP day. Make good choices!

Dan2112 10-22-2007 09:43 AM

Yay! Another Monday... NOT!!

The weekend came and went with a few "not so great" choices, but all in all we seemed to emerged unscathed.. Liz didn't quite make it POP with her 5 day plateau breaker, so she's going to try again this week, doing it strictly on weekdays, when it seems to be much easier to stick to the program...

There was just so much going on this weekend..Sigh.. I know, I know.. Excuses, excuses...

But at least the Cowboys won!

ON EDIT: I need some help.. I bought some bokchoy this weekend but as God as my witness, I don't know what to do with it.. I just bought it because it's on Liz's list of food for her 5 day thing... Any good suggestions??

Be one with your POP!!!

emmysmom 10-22-2007 09:56 AM

Wow...you all are a chatty bunch (like we didn't know that already ;))

I finally got caught up on the past week...mostly skimmed the posts, but got the jist of it.

My 3 days of travel led to slacking off the rest of the week. DH's birthday was yesterday and he wanted meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn and carrot cake. And yes, it was all very yummy...too yummy, actually. Needless to say, TO today and tomorrow. I have to break my mind and body of my bad habits over the past week and get back on track.

Now that I'm caught up here, guess I better try to get caught up with my work...

nighthawk 10-22-2007 10:08 AM

Greetings

Hi Everyone,
I have just started the LA program and have been reading your posts for a couple of days and would like to join in.
I am a 45 year old single Mom of a 17 year old man child.
I live in British Columbia
I am going to lose 75 lbs (by July12 according to COD;))
I love alot of outdoor activities that I feel to fat too really enjoy.
I look forward to getting to know you all
Take Care
Lori

KrispieD 10-22-2007 10:18 AM

Welcome Lori
Hope the rest of you had a good weekend! I am about to sit down and doo my food plan for the next two weeks.. I've been BAD and an utterly furious with myself but will be using my emotions to get myself on track.. tsk tsk tsk.. okay scolding is all done. I'm going to write down every speck of food that will pass these lips and will report back later.
Kimmy glad the wedding was okay and you weren't a blubbering mess! EMIL had her 60th on Friday but surprise surprise I wasn't crying my head off at that one!!

Dan2112 10-22-2007 10:21 AM

Welcome Lori!!

Geez.. ANOTHER Canadian... :lol:

It must be rubbing off, however... I'm just now really getting into the band "Great Big Sea"... Very groovy sound...

And of course, there's Rush.. :lol:

Katy66 10-22-2007 10:23 AM

Good Morning! Hope everyone had a good weekend. My was uneventful and I was able to stay mostly on plan....with the exception of a few extra liquid fruits and a bite of apple crisp my DN (dear neice) made. We had a family dinner - spaghetti made with turkey and ww noodles. Oh and I tried the cupcake recipe that uses the diet soda and egg whites, only I used egg substitute since my DGN is allergic to eggs. They were great!

Well better run...have a great day!

LizzyW 10-22-2007 11:36 AM

GM all,

Well I didn't make it through the 5 day plateau breaker like Dan said. But I am still at 168 today. So I am going to try it again during the work week which seems to be so much easier to follow then the weekends when we have stuff to do. So here goes day 1.

I also have an NSV. I tried on a pair of Rocky jeans that I don't think I have worn since before the kids were born, AND THEY FIT. How exciting is that. I just saw them and said I wonder. I am very excited.

Welcome Lori. You will love it here.

Better get to work. Talk to all later.
Liz

Mama Nicole 10-22-2007 12:21 PM

Hi everyone :)
Oh, my number keys are working again.........say hello to lots of smileys and exclaimation marks!!!! wHOOHOO!!!

So, I only have a second, as I have to run to Walmart for some supplies........but wanted to take a second to tell Joni that I am doing FF today and tomorrow......and then maybe the plat. buster.......but not sure. I have to read about it first....lol. Otherwise, I will be doing the old red plan w/o lites, or the old purple plan w/ some sort of whey protein bars maybe. I haven't decided yet. That is my story, and I am sticking to it.

Kristen.......what is your plan?

Oh, also wanted to note that my friend did apologize for her comments. I was probably too upset when I wrote my original post to mention that. Also......I cried ALL DAY on friday about it.......but I am ok now.

I was a complete fatty over the weekend, and it was ooohhh sooo yummy........and so dumb. I haven't had hog fest like that in a long time.....and I really felt awful by the end of the weekend. I will not lie.......eating high fat, high sugar foods do not make my tummy hurt or anything like that............but eating crappy like that for a few days in a row really starts to make me feel dragged out and tired and cranky. Knowing that will make getting back POP, and I mean POP, not pretty much on plan, but PERFECT on plan for a few days will be a bit easier, as I NEED to feel better. I have been a bit down lately.......and as a wife, and a mom, I know I cannot let that get out of hand. You know how it is when there are just a few too many things that are unsettled in your life. That is kind of where I have been lately. I hate that. We must take good care of ourselves in order to beable to care for our loved ones :)

Ok, said way more than I intended.........do have to run before it gets too late for the boys to behave in a store :)

More later :)
XOXO

healthy2b 10-22-2007 01:16 PM

Hi Everyone:)

Welcome Lori! You'll find lots of support here!

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend. I went to visit DSisterIL along with DH,all four of my kids, DSonIL, DGS, and my other two DD's boyfriends. I felt like we invaded DSisterIL's house but everyone had a great visit and great time. Unfortunaltly, I wasn't able to stay POP and the evil sclae shows it:( I'll just have to work hard to make up for it this week.

chiquita623 10-22-2007 01:33 PM

Hi Everybody. Just got back from the COD and they have officially moved me from Gold w/Lites to Green w/Lites. They said that since I'm only 10 pounds from goal and the fact that I've been stuck for 2 months now that we should try it and see how it goes. I agreed with the understanding that if I felt hungry or like it wasn't working, I could go back to Gold.

I had a good weekend. Went to my grandson's soccer game on Saturday morning, then took him to Flat Tops for lunch and then we bowled. On Sunday, DBF took me to Bloomington to the 3rd Sunday Market. It was the last one until May of next year so I was really thrilled to go.

Welcome Lori. This is a great place to come for moral support or a good swift kick in the behind when you need it.

Lizzy - congrats on your NSV. Doesn't that make you feel like you can do anything?

Gotta go for now. For some reason they expect me to be working - what's up with that?

bradleys mom 10-22-2007 01:34 PM

Hi gals! Heres to a POP week!

I wasnt exactly POP over the weekend... A piece of PB Pie saturday and a Pumpkin Pie Blizzard Sunday did me in over the weekend, but I am drinking lots o water and am stepping up the workouts today. I am coming down with what I think is a sinus infection as well. Ughh, I also have a Lab Practical Exam in Anatomy class tonight so I am stressing a little bit over that...

Hope everyone has a good monday. :)

Jrny2aNewMe 10-22-2007 01:37 PM

Good morning all!

I am happy, finally managed to break this stupid plateau. Down 4.5 pounds since last Monday! Woohoo.

Welcome Lori!

Liz - good to hear you finally got the scale moving too. Doesn't it feel good to get into those clothes in the closet that you haven't been able to wear?

Welcome back Tina.

Dan - If you like Great Big Sea, try The Arrogant Worms - with your sense of humor you wouild probably appreciate them.

Kim - Glad to hear the wedding went well. Looking forward to hearing more and seeing those pics.

Hope everyone has a POP day!

EmilyLashea 10-22-2007 02:05 PM

Hi Girls (And Dan)!!! I have been a lurker in and out for the past couple of months but have recommitted myself to being POP and exercising staring TODAY! So I would love to join in on the chatter.. Ya'll look like a fun group! :)

About me: I am 20y/o from North Alabama. Working as a bank teller.. In school for my business degree. Have been on LA since May but have done two medical leaves due to surgeries and have had a hard time picking back up after being off plan for a month or so.. so I definately need to support of a group that knows what I'm going thru!

Am I the baby in the group or is anyone else down around my age?

Can't wait to get to know all of you!!! :)

emmysmom 10-22-2007 02:09 PM

Nicole - I'm right there with you. I ate stuff all weekend that I normally wouldn't eat and yesterday I felt like my head was going to explode. I mean, literally, I think my blood sugar went sky high and I felt absolutely lousy. So I'm "cleansing" today by drinking lots of water and sorta doing TO...meaning I cut out the startches, did grapefruit, but I'm keeping my dairy and 2 bars. So we'll see...

4.5 pounds, Val!!! Wowza! (can you tell I was watching Scooby Doo yesterday?)

Excellent NSV, Liz :carrot:

And to Kristen, Carrie, Kimberly and anyone else who had a less than perfect weekend...today is a new day :)

Hi Lori!!! :wave: Welcome to our group. Stick close to everyone here and you're sure to see lots of success.

emmysmom 10-22-2007 02:13 PM

Hi Emily! :wave: My DD's name is Emily, too...and I believe you are the baby of the group :)

EmilyLashea 10-22-2007 02:34 PM

i don't mind being the baby.. i'm the baby here at work too so I'm used to it :)

Dan2112 10-22-2007 03:03 PM

Liz might disagree with you about being the baby of the group as that's usually a title reserved for me.. :lol:

So Liz fits in her rockies again... grrrrrrowll... Little does she know that her in a pair of rockies was one of those things that first attracted me to her in the first place...:whoo::love:

aguerin 10-22-2007 03:09 PM

Hello all.

Welcome Emily and Lori. Emiliy which Center do you go to? I go to the one in Huntsville on University Drive. I am in maintenance now so I don't get in much.

I am back in DC this week, for the last week I hope. Didn't really try to stay OP this weekend as I am forced to eat what ever I can get while traveling. And then there was that whole incident at the airport last Friday night. Talk about stress eating. The scales are up a few pounds, but I just really don't care. This traveling is stressing me out. And I am hungry right now.

Maybe I can get back on track tomorrow and spread my food out more over the day.

EmilyLashea 10-22-2007 03:18 PM

I go to the one in Decatur and am NOT a fan... COD is definately an accurate description! Seems like there is a different counselor every time I go and the one that does stay tends not to be very helpful atall.. i am SO tempted to just stop going and go it alone (with the help of this site, of course) because I really don't take kindly to rudeness. Anyone have the same problem at their Center?

BarbaraB 10-22-2007 03:42 PM

Liza, Sorry to hear you had a scare. The fires in San Diego are currently making life interesting for me. All our test systems are located at the San Diego office, which actually quite a bit north of San Diego. The office is currently in the evacuation zone and management at my company is doing a not so minor freak out about the whole power might go off at the data center issue. Today I was expecting to be stressful anyway because we are trying to get a client of mine into user acceptance testing, which is going to be interesting, since everything is up in the air. I wonder how nice the client will be if we say we are late due to wild fire? We always are saying we have system fires, but this time, it really is fire causing us problems. Anyway, management is issuing new proclamations about every 10 minutes and the project manager on this client with me is being almost deliberately obtuse about the whole thing. Somehow he believed that it could not possible effect us as we have both been so stressed about this client for the past week. Oh well.. I guess at least it is new and different problem this time, instead of something that I've seen before and can't seem to remember quite what I did to fix it last time.

Liz, I was not good at plateau busting myself this weekend. Somehow I found it very comforting that I was not alone in my inability to hold the line. I just got plain old fashioned hungry. I think upping the exercise has made it really hard to stick with the plan, especially on Saturday, which is the day that I really try to have the highest intensity work out of the week. There is a point of hunger at which it gets really hard to be rational about it. Plus we were about to go to a hockey game where there are all sorts of concessions and they all smell so great. Oh well. Perhaps the up the exercise plan and the plateau busting plan are not easily done at the same time. I think I will stick with the up the exercise plan for awhile longer and see how that works for me.

Mama Nicole 10-22-2007 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan2112 (Post 1901515)
Liz might disagree with you about being the baby of the group as that's usually a title reserved for me.. :lol:

So Liz fits in her rockies again... grrrrrrowll... Little does she know that her in a pair of rockies was one of those things that first attracted me to her in the first place...:whoo::love:

oooooooh, someone's feeling sassy today :) Look out, Liz.......lol.

LizzyW 10-22-2007 03:43 PM

Emily - We don't have a center here anymore. Ours closed down so we have been doing it alone. But this site is really good for support and a swift kick in the a** when needed. I admit it has been hard without a center here, but if you are set on getting the weight off, you can do it with the help of this site.

Amy - I hear you on traveling. I don't think I could do it like you do. It would totally drive me nuts. I have friends that did it in the past and truly just got tired of it. I hope this is your last one for a while too.

I also forgot to mention that TOM is here, so the munchies have kicked in, but I have been good and not snacked at all. Yeah me!!

OK, back to work.

KrispieD 10-22-2007 04:21 PM

Oh good someone else is going to battle TOM temptations with me this week.. UGHH the bloating.. blech.
I'm off to see if I can get a case of lemons.. I'll be sucking on one every hour on the hour and chasing it with a hot water shooter!

Mama Nicole 10-22-2007 04:33 PM

TOM is comming to my house this week as well. What a bunch of junk. lol. It will all be ok.......I promise. Liz........great WI for TOM :)

bradleys mom 10-22-2007 04:36 PM

Hi little Emily! I am Kimberly and I am 23, I think I may be the closest to your age in this group! I could be mistaken... Welcome! We're here for ya!

:welcome3:

Oh and I will buying the lemons next week.. I am dreading TOM this month because last month I did not stay OP the whole time Aunt Flo was here!!! And with the Halloween goal ending while I am TOM, what will I do!!??!?:ghost::bat::frank::frank::dracula::sklol: (Trying to make TOM sound really scary...) lol

Mama Nicole 10-22-2007 05:03 PM

Where is your avatar picture, Kimberly?

equinetcan 10-22-2007 05:09 PM

Moving is done....albeit I am surrounded by boxes and don't know where much is but I am in. At least I have this week off to try and find most things and put them away.

I still have to go back and vacuum and clean the apt but it isn't bad so it won't take me more than an hour or so.

For something different this week I bought myself a couple of pomegranates. I love them and they are coming down in price a bit now.

That's really been the story of my weekend. I had priorities though...as soon as everyone left yesterday the first thing I did was set up the computer desk and the laptop!! Then I moved onto other things like putting my bed set together. Now that was an adventure. Its a good thing the neighbor was mowing at the time cause my bedroom window was open and lets just say I think someone took over my mouth cause I was swearing up a blue streak...just to myself though !! But I finally got it together.

Well I must go check out a few other threads on here...

galachick 10-22-2007 07:55 PM

Hello everyone!

I just realized I have not visited this site for a month! The scales are showing it, too. If someone living close to northeast Georgia could come give me a big kick in the rear... it might help. I have got to get back OP. I am going to do TO and see if I can't get jump started back OP.

Just reading over some of the post helps. Thanks for continuing to encourage newbies and oldbies, alike!

Thanks, Renee

P.S. My ticker is not correct. I'll correct it tomorrow morning after my BNWeigh-in.:D

KrispieD 10-22-2007 08:14 PM

Renee
Welcome back.. jump right on the wagon that a few of us have fallen up (holding up hand in the air!). I KNOW that I do not want my familiar rolls from days of yore to be sitting around my middle for Christmas this year so today marked the beginning of a renewal, recommitment and remembering how/why I did this in the first place. The only fatty I want in my house this holiday season will be Jolly St Nick.
So for everyone that has slumped today is our new beginning. I even made myself a new ticker for a personal goal. Let's all get each other back on track!!

nighthawk 10-22-2007 08:15 PM

Greetings all,
Thanks so much for the warm welcome!
I have just returned from the COD and my weightloss 3.4lbs that's 5.6 lbs in 5days that just blows me away. I got to change my avatar already

Ah Rush ...those were the days.

Cheers!
Lori

BarbaraB 10-22-2007 08:32 PM

Lori, Welcome! That is great that you lost so much already! The program really does work and it is a healthy safe way to lose weight and keep it off.

Dan2112 10-22-2007 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nighthawk (Post 1901941)
Greetings all,
Thanks so much for the warm welcome!
I have just returned from the COD and my weightloss 3.4lbs that's 5.6 lbs in 5days that just blows me away. I got to change my avatar already

Ah Rush ...those were the days.

Cheers!
Lori

"Those were the days?" :club: Spoken like someone who really needs to "come home" to the music.. sigh...

Sorry.. It's an OCD/obsesssion thing with me... :lol:

Congrats on the loss!!!! Keep it up...

Kimphin 10-22-2007 09:18 PM

Good evening!!! What a beautiful day today! It was about 80degrees – normal for us is 50’s. I’m just waiting for the other shoe to drop and wake up to a foot of snow on the ground.

Stayed mostly on plan this weekend, ‘cept for a few stray candy corn that somehow ended up in my mouth (oops). I tried extra hard at the gym this AM to make up for it.

Liza – you glossed over your scare the other day, but since I just put 2 and 2 together about where you are and what you do ---- you BE CAREFUL!!!! (not that you have the controls, but you know what I mean)….

Dan – cannot help with the bok choy, but do not put salt on it. And, if you find something to do with it, and it tastes good…. Share the secret!

Kim2 – glad the wedding went well. Pictures????

Lori and Emily – welcome to the group!

Nicole and Kristen – :wave:

OK, gotta go watch football! And avoid the candy corn (DH will have to enter a 12-step program after Halloween is over. Skinny man…. Hissss Booo!):bat:

Dan2112 10-22-2007 09:22 PM

I meant to shout out to Liza.. Stay safe out there.. A bunch of my folks are gearing up to head your way. No assignments yet, but it's probably just a matter of time. I probably won't add my name to the "available" list, but I really want to.. There's just so much on my plate at the office right now I really don't have time...

Hope things look better for you soon!

Kimphin 10-22-2007 09:26 PM

Dan - my thoughts are with your guys that they will be safe and successful. And if you go, same to you!

Ternoway 10-22-2007 09:58 PM

I was less than 2 pounds away from one-derland on Friday and was completely psyched to be POP for the weekend to get it off and I blew it on Saturday night. We were out all day and I really didn't want to cook when we got home so we ended up going out for dinner to an Indian retaurant. I love Indian food but I love all the rich and very off plan foods! I ate the entire order of butter chicken and and half the naan bread! It was so so yummy that I just couldn't resist and it showed up at WI today, I'm up another pound. So back to it, I go. With any luck I will break through the 200barrier by the end of the week.

bayoubelle68 10-22-2007 10:27 PM

I went over to our old house to clean some more and decided to get our goldfish. We just hadn't brought them to the new house - I really don't know why. DH's office is still in a little building in the backyard, so he feeds them every day. We hired a painter to do some touch-up work for us so we can sell the house and she keeps leaving the kitchen lights on every night. When DH asked her about it, she said she's leaving them on for the fish - because she thinks they look lonely. How does a fish look lonely? Well, I felt bad that our painter was more worried about our fish than we were, so I decided to go ahead and bring them here. The tank was disgusting! I cleaned it out, but it needs a new filter and maybe even a whole new pump. I didn't want to put the fish back into the tank since I had to use some detergent to clean it, so I used the only thing left in the house that I could put them in, but I had to hold it in my lap to keep it from sloshing on the way home.

Does your life ever sound like a bad country song? Here's my song title for the day: "Driving Down the Road with a Kool-Aid Pitcher Full of Goldfish Between My Legs."

EmilyLashea 10-22-2007 10:48 PM

Kimphin.. glad to know i'm not the only one with a skinny mini for a DH (or DBf in my case) :devil:

bradleys mom 10-22-2007 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mama Nicole (Post 1901720)
Where is your avatar picture, Kimberly?

Its coming back, I am celebrating my 20lbs lost this week!!

EDIT: Heres an avatar that I LOVE looking at!!!