3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Oct 22 - 28 Friends and Losers Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/125471-oct-22-28-friends-losers-thread.html)

emmysmom 10-22-2007 02:13 PM

Hi Emily! :wave: My DD's name is Emily, too...and I believe you are the baby of the group :)

EmilyLashea 10-22-2007 02:34 PM

i don't mind being the baby.. i'm the baby here at work too so I'm used to it :)

Dan2112 10-22-2007 03:03 PM

Liz might disagree with you about being the baby of the group as that's usually a title reserved for me.. :lol:

So Liz fits in her rockies again... grrrrrrowll... Little does she know that her in a pair of rockies was one of those things that first attracted me to her in the first place...:whoo::love:

aguerin 10-22-2007 03:09 PM

Hello all.

Welcome Emily and Lori. Emiliy which Center do you go to? I go to the one in Huntsville on University Drive. I am in maintenance now so I don't get in much.

I am back in DC this week, for the last week I hope. Didn't really try to stay OP this weekend as I am forced to eat what ever I can get while traveling. And then there was that whole incident at the airport last Friday night. Talk about stress eating. The scales are up a few pounds, but I just really don't care. This traveling is stressing me out. And I am hungry right now.

Maybe I can get back on track tomorrow and spread my food out more over the day.

EmilyLashea 10-22-2007 03:18 PM

I go to the one in Decatur and am NOT a fan... COD is definately an accurate description! Seems like there is a different counselor every time I go and the one that does stay tends not to be very helpful atall.. i am SO tempted to just stop going and go it alone (with the help of this site, of course) because I really don't take kindly to rudeness. Anyone have the same problem at their Center?

BarbaraB 10-22-2007 03:42 PM

Liza, Sorry to hear you had a scare. The fires in San Diego are currently making life interesting for me. All our test systems are located at the San Diego office, which actually quite a bit north of San Diego. The office is currently in the evacuation zone and management at my company is doing a not so minor freak out about the whole power might go off at the data center issue. Today I was expecting to be stressful anyway because we are trying to get a client of mine into user acceptance testing, which is going to be interesting, since everything is up in the air. I wonder how nice the client will be if we say we are late due to wild fire? We always are saying we have system fires, but this time, it really is fire causing us problems. Anyway, management is issuing new proclamations about every 10 minutes and the project manager on this client with me is being almost deliberately obtuse about the whole thing. Somehow he believed that it could not possible effect us as we have both been so stressed about this client for the past week. Oh well.. I guess at least it is new and different problem this time, instead of something that I've seen before and can't seem to remember quite what I did to fix it last time.

Liz, I was not good at plateau busting myself this weekend. Somehow I found it very comforting that I was not alone in my inability to hold the line. I just got plain old fashioned hungry. I think upping the exercise has made it really hard to stick with the plan, especially on Saturday, which is the day that I really try to have the highest intensity work out of the week. There is a point of hunger at which it gets really hard to be rational about it. Plus we were about to go to a hockey game where there are all sorts of concessions and they all smell so great. Oh well. Perhaps the up the exercise plan and the plateau busting plan are not easily done at the same time. I think I will stick with the up the exercise plan for awhile longer and see how that works for me.

Mama Nicole 10-22-2007 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan2112 (Post 1901515)
Liz might disagree with you about being the baby of the group as that's usually a title reserved for me.. :lol:

So Liz fits in her rockies again... grrrrrrowll... Little does she know that her in a pair of rockies was one of those things that first attracted me to her in the first place...:whoo::love:

oooooooh, someone's feeling sassy today :) Look out, Liz.......lol.

LizzyW 10-22-2007 03:43 PM

Emily - We don't have a center here anymore. Ours closed down so we have been doing it alone. But this site is really good for support and a swift kick in the a** when needed. I admit it has been hard without a center here, but if you are set on getting the weight off, you can do it with the help of this site.

Amy - I hear you on traveling. I don't think I could do it like you do. It would totally drive me nuts. I have friends that did it in the past and truly just got tired of it. I hope this is your last one for a while too.

I also forgot to mention that TOM is here, so the munchies have kicked in, but I have been good and not snacked at all. Yeah me!!

OK, back to work.

KrispieD 10-22-2007 04:21 PM

Oh good someone else is going to battle TOM temptations with me this week.. UGHH the bloating.. blech.
I'm off to see if I can get a case of lemons.. I'll be sucking on one every hour on the hour and chasing it with a hot water shooter!

Mama Nicole 10-22-2007 04:33 PM

TOM is comming to my house this week as well. What a bunch of junk. lol. It will all be ok.......I promise. Liz........great WI for TOM :)

bradleys mom 10-22-2007 04:36 PM

Hi little Emily! I am Kimberly and I am 23, I think I may be the closest to your age in this group! I could be mistaken... Welcome! We're here for ya!

:welcome3:

Oh and I will buying the lemons next week.. I am dreading TOM this month because last month I did not stay OP the whole time Aunt Flo was here!!! And with the Halloween goal ending while I am TOM, what will I do!!??!?:ghost::bat::frank::frank::dracula::sklol: (Trying to make TOM sound really scary...) lol

Mama Nicole 10-22-2007 05:03 PM

Where is your avatar picture, Kimberly?

equinetcan 10-22-2007 05:09 PM

Moving is done....albeit I am surrounded by boxes and don't know where much is but I am in. At least I have this week off to try and find most things and put them away.

I still have to go back and vacuum and clean the apt but it isn't bad so it won't take me more than an hour or so.

For something different this week I bought myself a couple of pomegranates. I love them and they are coming down in price a bit now.

That's really been the story of my weekend. I had priorities though...as soon as everyone left yesterday the first thing I did was set up the computer desk and the laptop!! Then I moved onto other things like putting my bed set together. Now that was an adventure. Its a good thing the neighbor was mowing at the time cause my bedroom window was open and lets just say I think someone took over my mouth cause I was swearing up a blue streak...just to myself though !! But I finally got it together.

Well I must go check out a few other threads on here...

galachick 10-22-2007 07:55 PM

Hello everyone!

I just realized I have not visited this site for a month! The scales are showing it, too. If someone living close to northeast Georgia could come give me a big kick in the rear... it might help. I have got to get back OP. I am going to do TO and see if I can't get jump started back OP.

Just reading over some of the post helps. Thanks for continuing to encourage newbies and oldbies, alike!

Thanks, Renee

P.S. My ticker is not correct. I'll correct it tomorrow morning after my BNWeigh-in.:D

KrispieD 10-22-2007 08:14 PM

Renee
Welcome back.. jump right on the wagon that a few of us have fallen up (holding up hand in the air!). I KNOW that I do not want my familiar rolls from days of yore to be sitting around my middle for Christmas this year so today marked the beginning of a renewal, recommitment and remembering how/why I did this in the first place. The only fatty I want in my house this holiday season will be Jolly St Nick.
So for everyone that has slumped today is our new beginning. I even made myself a new ticker for a personal goal. Let's all get each other back on track!!