3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Oct 22 - 28 Friends and Losers Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/125471-oct-22-28-friends-losers-thread.html)

EmilyLashea 10-25-2007 07:49 PM

Felicia and Barbara- I will have to try the hot tea.

Carrie- I can't even imagine what DS is going thru! I am 20 and have been with DBf since I was 14... 6 years in December. :love:

Emmysmom- (sorry, haven't caught the name yet..)- Fluidity bar? Tell me all about this! :)

Lettie- I am so proud of you for having your priorities in order and standing up for what you believe!! It is so hard to do sometimes...

Karen- :thanks: for the welcome!!

Everyone else- Have a great night! :wave:

WI in the morning.. Wish me luck! :D

Joni135 10-25-2007 08:14 PM

Good luck at tomorrow's weigh in, Emily...
and Emmysmom is Tina.......

Mama Nicole 10-25-2007 08:23 PM

Done with the rug shampooing already? :lol: If I were a betting woman............

Mama Nicole 10-25-2007 08:26 PM

Hey Kristen..........are you making it through day 4? So far, so good for me. I am having a bit of trouble with variety.......but I am OP :)

Joni........it's not too late to join us in staying OP. No major strictness, just having POP and OP days. c'mon........what do you say?

zambejaly5 10-25-2007 08:49 PM

nicole, i googled you to find your website. (duh, at the bottom of your postings! ) anyway, .....found you....... hee hee

http://www.upbc.org/index.php?option...=118&Itemid=73

bayoubelle68 10-25-2007 09:23 PM

Whew! Both kids are in bed. DD is so pitiful with her cold. She doesn't have fever, just lots of snot! She was actually ready to go to bed for once! DH has gone over to work in our old house a little and I was thinking that I could actually go take a bubble bath and get into bed early. Then I remembered that I promised my class my famous chocolate chip pumpkin muffins as their Friday treat. I'll be baking for a little while, I guess. A friend of mine also just called to ask if her daughter who's in DS's class - and they've been buddies since birth - could ride to school with us in the morning. She said she has to leave super early in the morning for an out-of-town meeting and didn't know what to do with her daughter. I told her to bring her here in the morning. When I told DS, his eyes just lit up. At least he'll be easier to get out of bed than usual! But it does mean that I have to go and clean out my Expedition or we may actually lose his friend in there on the way to school!! I'd better go get baking and cleaning! Have a great evening!

BarbaraB 10-25-2007 09:40 PM

Felicia, I love the pumkin ticker. Honestly the pumpkin pie ones just make me want pie!

Carrie, wow, you are suddenly just marching regularly down the ticker! You go girl. My DD broke up with her bf of 4 years last march, and I think he took it much worse than she did. It is funny that they didn't talk for months afterwards after being joined at the hip and inseparable for years (I still miss him as he was always at our house and we even took him on a couple of vacations with us). Now they are back talking to each other. She claimed that he provoked "DRAMAFEST 2007" during the breakup with overwrought meetings to exchange whatever they might have that belonged to the other, etc. So Carrie, I feel for you if you are the mother of a guy having the dramafest....

Mama Nicole 10-25-2007 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zambejaly5 (Post 1906236)
nicole, i googled you to find your website. (duh, at the bottom of your postings! ) anyway, .....found you....... hee hee

http://www.upbc.org/index.php?option...=118&Itemid=73

dang........I am one hot mama :) :lol: and very well educated :)

SpringManor 10-26-2007 08:12 AM

Morning everyone,

I made it thru take off, and now I am starting the Red Plan with lites. I am using the luna bars and those shakes I ordered. I get sick of chicken fast so if anyone has any tips, please pass along to me.

Nicole, how did your muffins turn out? Yummy

I am glad I am past all those teenage years with my daughter. I remember though what it was like, so my sympathies to all.... Now, I just take care of my dogs and am trying to lose this weight for our national in March. I go to dog shows and am active in the breed clubs...collies

Hope everyone has a good day, I better get to work.

bradleys mom 10-26-2007 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amylou7777 (Post 1906093)
Kimberley-how did you find Isabeau's blog? I can't find one. I'd love to read the scoop.

Amy- Its at,

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...f-69f73eb73e26

You may have to add her as a friend on myspace in order to read it.

OH And P.S. Dont have a heartattack when you see her, she is gorgeous!!! Also you have to look at B.'s from the black team ( http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=75377385) he looks like a different person. They are both singers now.

Mama Nicole 10-26-2007 09:49 AM

Good morning everyone!
TGIF!!!
I am stating my weekend goal of losing 0.2 lbs. Having a weekend goal has helped me stay POP before, and it is going to once again!!!

Ok, now that that is out of the way, I just wanted to say that I am out of ticker denial, and I am finally admitting, publicly, that before this week, I had not done so well for about a month.....I guess whenever it was that I left for Germany. That is over now........and I plan on getting to goal on or around May Day. Each day is new......each day we get the opportunity to care for our bodies in the best possible way. Isn't that encouraging? Yesterday is done and gone...........so start fresh today :)

Kristen........you out there girlie? Today is day 5. I am counting on you to hang tough with me through this weekend.

Ok, boys are having WWF in their room, so I must go check it out. I'll be back......
XOXO

Mama Nicole 10-26-2007 09:50 AM

P.S. Lorrie..........didn't make any muffins.......you must have me confused with someone else. :)

KrispieD 10-26-2007 10:04 AM

Hello Hello
Well I have to report and hope with out jinxing myself that I had a wonderful day with Jillian yesterday. Our sitter plans fell through last minute so once I wrapped up my work we met a friend at a play place, came home and they got some computer time with Daddy and then I took Jilly to her Irish dance class and Daddy took Jaimie to ballet. She was so good yesterday and we heaped the praise on her at bedtime. I bought a CD of Paul Potts who if anyone doesn't know won the Bristish Idol competition.. he was a regular worker at a factory and had always wanted to sing opera his whole life. Well he won and has a voice that made me cry the first time I heard him sing. I played it on the way to dance class to try and get us switched off Wheels on the Bus and Jilly said wow mommy he is singing with his WHOLE heart.. then she fell asleep. After dance class we saw a sunset and a full moon so it was a great and much needed by mommy day. I did see a full moon and the last time we had 3 really hard days with Jilly we saw a full moon too. is there any chance that lunar cycles can affect our kids??
I got to go out for a few hours with some other moms I know, no kids and they picked a new restaurant. Well in the middle of it is the largest dessert bar I have EVER seen.. 9 women around me had huge slabs of cheesecake, caramel crunch, toffee apple pie etc... I ordered a shrimp salad and a non fat latte....so Nicole.. I DID IT! I was very proud of myself!!
I'm off to teach two signing workshops so will check in later but I feel so much better today.. scale is moving where it should.
I've attached the youtube link to Paul Potts..have a listen and enjoy some really great feel good music..this man had a dream and made it a reality..just like all of us!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oxTy7KIAaA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-Pv-0vpxSc

Dan2112 10-26-2007 10:07 AM

Morning all!

Yay! It's Friday... After the busy week I've had, I'm glad it's almost over...

Lorrie... Chicken doesn't have to be boring.. There are lots of recipies out there.. Just be as creative as you can.. And don't limit yourself to chicken.. There's turkey too! :lol:

Seriously though... You have to learn to eat new things in new ways... And learn to eat some things you've never been fond of.. I HATE FISH... Literally can't stand it.. BUT, I've been able to manage that hatred and have learned to make it in ways I can enjoy it. Well.. Perhaps "enjoy" is too strong a word, but at least I can tolerate it now without making a face every time I put it in my mouth...

Plus, don't deprive yourself of things like beef and pork.. Just make good choices with the cuts you use and always stick to the proper proportions. It's also very easy to assume you can buy the prepared or pre-marinated meats, but don't forget they are stuffed with salt and other icky things... The slow cooker and salt free spice rack are your friends!!

Mama Nicole 10-26-2007 10:12 AM

Oh, Kristen.......he made me cry..........