Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 03:46 PM   #436  
Wendy II

S/C/G: 206/201/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Wise Words from Cassi

A couple of people (And Cassi) have asked me to post what Cassi's "wise words" were... I've been so incredibly busy with things that the words rang true... so here it is from January:

I know this is long, but what I'm trying to say is that just because it's January doesn't mean you're ready to get your head in the game. Sometimes weight loss has to wait. If you continuously have social obligations, you need to figure out a way to work them into your life. If you are having just a few weeks of them all at once, like a few weddings or something like that, then just do the best you can until they pass. There's a difference between a wedding, bar mitzvah, charity ball, and a BBQ with friends or a birthday party. You need to find your triggers at those events and work on the trigger instead of worrying about cheating.

Is it the alcohol? How about swapping it for club soda and a wedge of lime and offering to be the designated driver.

Is it the appetizers? Maybe you have only two bites of each one that you like, but only if it is something that you can't get everywhere you go.

The food that is served? Again, limit yourself to a tablespoon or two of a few good things and swig some lemon water. Just make sure that what you're indulging in isn't something you can get at a drive-thru or in the frozen section of your grocery store.

I know I'm rambling, but you need to decide if you are at a point in your life that you are able to make the changes needed. It doesn't mean you're a failure if you're not, it's just that sometimes if there is so much going on in your life at any given time, trying to add being POP is just setting yourself up for failure. If you're able to do this, but just have a hard time with some special events, don't be so hard on yourself and realize that just because you have a spinach puff doesn't mean you blew the whole day. One or two BLTs at a special event is still an NSV because think how much you would have had if you weren't on this plan. There's a fine line between having a little extra at an event and having BLTs all day in your kitchen. Save those BLTs for the really good stuff!
Old 05-09-2007, 03:50 PM   #437  
Sarah on LAWL

S/C/G: 176/170.2/148

Height: 5'6"

Wow - those are wise words! Thanks for re-posting that!
Old 05-09-2007, 03:51 PM   #438  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Sorry - what's a BLT I'm assuming she's not talking about bacon lettuce and tomato sandwiches!
Old 05-09-2007, 04:04 PM   #439  
Kate - LAWL since 10/06

S/C/G: 211.0/154.2/130.0

Bites, Licks, Tastes
Old 05-09-2007, 04:06 PM   #440  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

thank you
Old 05-09-2007, 04:07 PM   #441  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Hey, I rock! (Thanks for the reminder)
Old 05-09-2007, 06:15 PM   #442  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

of course you rock! that's why we love you.

Kim--okay--your district totally sucks harder than mine!! Well--I am still farily new so we can compare notes again in a few years--lol. My last district was notorious for the kinfolk link. NO OFFENSE--but it was a tight knit Mormon community and everyone of importance was related--nepotism was NOT a dirty word! Here you can't even work on the same campus as a relative. Weird.

okay--crazy night--off to soccer then DD gets to pick dinner--she will milk her test scores for as long as possible!
Old 05-09-2007, 06:53 PM   #443  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Hi everyone. I haven't posted because I've been at the hospital. My grandson is born! 8 lbs. 3 oz., 21 1/2 inches long, blonde hair--and a lot of it. My daughter ended up having to deliver by c-section but she's doing great and will be going home tomorrow. I now have two grandaughters and one grandson. Life is good.

I'm still POP; however, I haven't weighed in this week--I will on Friday. I'm confident of seeing a loss.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:30 PM   #444  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

Gail - congrats on the birth of your new grandson. Nothing sweeter than a new baby.

Wendy - enjoyed the words of wisdom from Cassi- thanks for sharing.
By the way - I have four kids as well. Two sons and two stepdaughters - so I think four is pefect.

Hope all my new found 3fc friends are having a great day.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:21 PM   #445  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

Thank you all for the pep talk and kind words. I am NEVER going to WI that late in the day. Although it did scare me into being POP until next WI. This weekend is TO weekend...YUCK! I think the lack of food has spurred on a shopping addiction....LOL - I went to Targe today and spent a small fortune but did end up with a new fancy schmancy scale....measures BMI and hydration level...cooooooooooooool.

Lea Ann- Your DD rocks!! I know you are so proud, I hope you all have fun tonight. No more pity parties!!!
What are you going to do for your b-day, any plans?

Gail - Congratulations on the birth of your grandson!!!! I hope you post his picture...I just love babies

Katie - Your bag of ??? cracked me up! I have a few people I'd like to give that gift to.

Amy - Congrats on your loss!

Kristen - Your Tshirt line is growing growing....I want a t-shirt that says " I'm not related to them" with an arrow that points to my inlaws! LOL
I commend you for standing up for yourself...don't feel guilty there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with it. Enjoy your holiday...surround yourself with happiness!

KimTN- Hang in there next week - we will send lots and lots of will power dust your way! At least your BIL is right there with you.

WendyII - MIL can be so evil...why does anyone have to be so hurtful? Once I hit a certain age (and we won't say which one) I stopped all that drama in my family. If they don't have anything nice to say they don't come into my house and I certainly won't listen! (putting on her "What a Bit*h!!" T-shirt).

Angie - Love the pics!!! Goliath and DS are just adorable.

To those I've missed....xoxoxoxoxoxo
Old 05-09-2007, 08:45 PM   #446  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

I guess I can't be in the EMIL group as I adore my MIL. She is not even technically my MIL anymore but I see her all the time and consider her a second mom to me. We talk all the time and I will get her a mom's day gift this week just as I would my own mom. I see her much more that he does that's for sure!!!

I saw her today - actually both mom's. I took the furkid for a ride in the car car and we went to visit the grammies. We went to my MIL and then my mom came over from her place. She hasn't seen Chance in about 6 months so we visited. She found it warm as we have summer weather this week (for some reason - it usually rains when I am on vacation) and she gets warm with her thick coat. She likes layng in the snowdrifts so cold is her friend!!!

Have to take the car in to be fixed tomorrow. And get new tires for the summer and fall. Emergency brake decided to blow apart at the end and then get the metal fitting caught in my wheel. No damage but they had to overnight the part in. So no emerg brake for me right now. They cut it and sealed it so I could still drive the car for the 24 hours. Luckily nothing major.

Not a lot else new here - I haven't been doing anything but babysit and spoil the doggie!!

I'll check in later! Have a good night if I don't make it back
Old 05-09-2007, 09:42 PM   #447  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations Gail!

Thank you to all who commented on my pics. I took Joni’s question and jumped on the opportunity to show off my precious ones. Thanks for indulging me!
Old 05-10-2007, 04:44 AM   #448  
Courtney

S/C/G: 179.8/176.4/120

Height: 5'2"

I can't believe it. My roommate invited me out for icecream at Culver's and I totally got a blizzard type treat with both Reese's Cups & Reese's Pieces! And then I downed the entire thing. It was a moment of weakness. I know I should just learn from my mistake, get back on plan and move on, but I feel really guilty. I will probably work out a little extra this weekend.

At WI this morning I was up a pound, but it was later in the morning after I had eaten and drank a lot of water. My counselor told me pick one day a week, come in at the same time, preferably before I eat breakfast and just go by that weight to track my success.

My roommate has been my guinea pig for some LAWL recipes and so far some have been great, some have been so so and some we're not going to make again. The chicken carbonara was absolutely wonderful, I highly recommend that one.

I hope everybody has a good Thursday.
Courtney
Old 05-10-2007, 08:12 AM   #449  
Amy

Courtney, I did the same thing last weekend. I was down the shor and stopped in Dairy Queen and had a Mint Oreo Blizzard. Tasted great going down, but instantly felt like I was going to throw it up. That was before the emense guilt trip I put on myself too.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:19 AM   #450  
.Dreams.Come.True.

S/C/G: 213/191.8/150

Height: 5'4

Good Morning! I just wanted to share that I was measured yesterday to find that I've lost 11 inches!! I am so excited about that! Hope everyone has a great day!
Closed Thread