Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 08:36 AM   #391  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Katie Repo and I are forming a support group..3 no more fat a** that have EMILS.. and we'd love you to be our co vice president
I'll put your registration in the mail!
Thanks Katie it's good to know that I'm not the only one that does nothing but try and do nice things and in return seem to hit a brick wall!
Old 05-09-2007, 08:41 AM   #392  
Kate - LAWL since 10/06

S/C/G: 211.0/154.2/130.0

Height: 5'1"

Sign me up! Really, I think it's OK if your husband sees her alone. After all, you are a mommy too, and she shouldn't ruin your Mother's day Love the stories about your daughters! I'm not a mom yet, but can't wait!
Old 05-09-2007, 09:21 AM   #393  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Kristen, Its YOUR Mothers Day too, do what makes YOU happy, let him see his mother on his own and dont let it make you feel one bit bad!

On another note, I probably ticked off somebody on another thread, but it pi$$es me off when somebody makes an untrue comment about LA, AFTER saying first that they didnt know anything about the program. So how can she make a comment about the plan? Sheesh!
Old 05-09-2007, 09:23 AM   #394  
On LAWL since 1/10/07

S/C/G: 212.8/183/140

Height: 5'8" or 9"

Oh, Kristen, may I join??? I have an EMIL too. Makes me crazy.

Why don't you have DH make plans to drop by and see his mother with a gift (you sign the card too). He can tell her that your girls had planned a special day for you and that is where you are. You don't have to see her and he doesn't have to deliver a blatant snub.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:37 AM   #395  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Amy – Thank you! It’s one of my favourite photos.

Alannah – I decided to adopt a JRT when I spent 3 weeks with a friend of mine who had three of them. I fell in love with the breed, and while they all had different personalities, I just loved that they were all so peppy and bright. You must miss your Casey.

Libby – Good to see you. How’s the big job going? How’s the plateau going?

Lea Ann – Sorry to hear that, we have fake postings at my office too. It’s so maddening that they do that, why not just appoint the people for pete’s sake. TY about the pics.

Deb in TN – I think that’s totally the reason. If you went in again this morning, they’d be gone, and then some I bet. Don’t let it get to you, you’re doing great.

Kristen – They are just too precious! Yes, write them down when you think of it, because it’s so easy to forget later. I made myself update Cameron’s webpage (in lieu of a memory book) last night with some thoughts. I think it would be fine for DH to go see her on his own. He could take her out for a nice lunch or something. (I recommend the Open Cork in Mississauga – they have nice Mother’s Day brunches) If she asks about you and the girls, he can explain that he wanted one on one time with her, and you wanted one on one time with your girls today.

Kim in TN -- I'm off to look for that post, I'm intrigued.

Sorry for everyone who has an EMIL, mine is conveniently located in another country…in NYC, so I don’t mind her at all. I highly recommend moving them out of state or province to improve your relationship!
Old 05-09-2007, 09:42 AM   #396  
Val

Kim in TN - I agree with your post in the other thread. If you don't know anything about something, don't comment. One thing I have noticed since I started LAWL is that people often ask me "what do you eat?" I have come across a lot of people with the misconception that you eat prepackaged foods like Nutrisystem or Jenny Craig.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:45 AM   #397  
Amy

Ladies, you have my sympathy. WHereas I do not have an EMIL yet, I grew up with a NASTY, evil grandmother and was on my mom's side the entire time. I am lucky, my honey's mother lives in VA and I am in Jersey!

I agree, don't let it ruin your day! After these years of dating, I have learned to not "try" so hard with the mothers. They're either going to like me or not, I am not losing any sleep over it.

Speaking of which, Happy Mother's Day to All! Kate, your BD this weekend? Mine too, on Sunday, Happy Bday!!!
Old 05-09-2007, 09:46 AM   #398  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

When asked what I eat I just tell them, fresh fruits, veggies, lean protein, whole grains, yogurt...ya know, good stuff like we should all be eating! LOL
I'm not knocking Jenny Craig or Nutri System, if it works for them then go for it, but how do you learn to control your food, learn portion sizes or what your body needs in a day if all you have to do is open a package and eat what they send you? Its not possible to do that forever.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:47 AM   #399  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

I think your plan is fine. From the way you talk she probably would rather have him to herself anyway. As long as you ensure he goes and acknowledges her on Mother's day. Always remember, without her there's no him. And since there are 24 hours in a day I don't reallly see why the grandchildren couldn't attend. Give her 2 hours and you take the other 22. Just my opinion but why add fuel to the fire. She's already nasty and hateful to you. Why give her more of a reason? Be the bigger person. No pun intended!

Just my opinion, take it as that.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:56 AM   #400  
LAWL Salt Police

Morning gang...

Well, we didn't end up taking DD to a chinese place for her birthday.. Instead, we ended up at OLIVE GARDEN!!!

Liz was the better of us two and had the grilled salmon with steamed veggies.. I had the Chicken Giardino which is basically a breast cut up and mixed with veggies and pasta along with a lemon garlic sauce... At least it wasn't a cream sauce...

I ate a few of the pasta pieces, saving it up for the breadsticks (of which I had three)... Opps... The chicken seemed a bit skimpy, so I had a few bites of Liz's oversized portion of salmon.

They brought Alex a cake and Liz and I shared a VERY small sliver.

Let's hope this doesn't come back to haunt me in a couple days...

Going to WI now.. Talk to ya later...
Old 05-09-2007, 10:00 AM   #401  
Val

I didn't mean to knock Jenny Craig or Nutri System either. I did Nutri System myself many years back and did lose 50 pounds on the plan. However, as soon as I started eating "real" food again, I gained it all back plus extra. Which just goes to show I didn't learn a darn thing about how to eat properly. This is the first plan I have been on where I am really following and learning, and the first plan I have not been obsessed over food.

To join in on the MIL threads, although I am now separated, I do still keep in contact with my ex's family - love them all dearly, including MIL. The only thing I wish my ex would take more responsibility in taking my DD to go see MIL. Instead he leaves it all to me, and then I feel guilty that I don't take DD to see her grandmother more often then I do, although why, I 'm not sure as MIL has Alzheimer's and doesn't now my DD any more anyway.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:31 AM   #402  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

So, do any of you ever watch EVerybody Loves Raymond? If so, do any of you recall the episode where Ray and Debra are trying to decide how far away the ideal distance from the inlaws and parents is? I will try to remember exactly what Ray called it....but it was all about the circle that you have to live inside of. He says if you live too close, they can drop by any old time, and if you live too far, they have to come for overnight visits (EWWWW). Anyone remember?

Kristen.......I feel your pain. I have been lucky the last few years, as all of our family is back in Wisconsin, and we have stayed home for the last few mother's days. It has been so nice..........DH and kids just pamper ME. I never knew a mother's day like that before, cuz it was always rush over to my mom's and then to his mom's and then to his Grandma's house, and I was like..........Geez......this is not really all that nice. I am going to think over your dilema while I am running errands this a.m. EMIL's are such a touchy subject. The one thing I do know is that no matter how wonderful of a daughter in law you may be............there will always be rough patches. It is very difficult as a DIL to balance your needs, DH's need, kids needs, and then an EMIL also. I was very close with my EMIL for a long time.......but she is also quite mean, and she doesn't even drink.......and I got tired of it. I still see her......and call her now and then......but I did put a bit of distance between us.......and not as a punishment to her.........but as a protection to me. She said things like, "Nicole MUST be pregnant.....why else would they be getting married so quick." was NOT pregnant. Or...."Scott's lease is up and he needs someplace to live.........that is why they are getting married....he could just stay here with me." THis was after we had been dating for two years. Those are the sweet things she says.......and it doens't only hurt me....it hurts DH as well. Anyway...........if you decide to put some distance between the two of you, and it is for the right reasons..........I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Ok, said I was going to think it over.........and then give advice..........and I will.......just got carried away........big shocker eh? Have to run errands now.......will check back this afternoon.
XOXO
Old 05-09-2007, 10:38 AM   #403  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Nicole I remember that episode, but can't remember what they said. I would think anywhere that is around a 1-2 hour drive would be ideal.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:03 AM   #404  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

Morning Ladies,

Big hello's to everyone.

Kim - I completely agree with your response on that other thread - I read that last night - before you had posted - and I thought what the heck is this person talking about it, I think they are lost - but then I moved on. If someone is a little choked about your response - to bad for them.

Kristen - good for you for your attitude that you feel more confident now - I looked at your photos - you have done amazing - and you should be proud of yourself. Sorry to hear about the mil issues. I personally have a great mil so I can't really relate - but I agree with the others - don't let her ruin your mothers day. Your a mom to two beautiful little girls and that is what is important - and mothers day should be all about you. I say - you do what feels right for you, and if that means hubby sees his mom without you - so be it.

Anyways - hope you all have a great day.

I got a ton of things to do today - so best be getting my butt in gear -
Later,
Old 05-09-2007, 11:27 AM   #405  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. i'm off work early today. i need to get my workout in because i decided to nap instead..and i totally needed it too! so, i need to get that in today, and I WILL!
not much else going on right now..just working working working. and getting ready for our trip that's only about 9 days away!
i'm kinda sad about mother's day this year...it's the first time that i haven't been with my kids since my oldest, julia was born in 2003. so, i'm a bit sad. i know that i'll be seeing them next friday and staying for a week, but still...

anways, hope everyone has a great day. and i'll be back later!
Closed Thread