Old 05-09-2007, 03:54 AM   #376  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

neen - sounds like you're making good progress. It is odd to start off with but it does get easier.

Says she just having had a cwappy IE day yesterday but never mind, I'm back to my good IE self today. I think that overeating on Monday night triggered it, so I know what triggers getting off track, so I think I might have to really try harder to listen to my body and STOP when I need to otherwise it leads to days of not really caring that much

I'm planning on today being a much better day.

I also find that if I go to the gym that it puts me in a good IE frame of mind, I want to look after my body and nourish it. Whereas if I skive off the gym I feel sluggish and tired and I know I benefit from a workout more than the "rest" I give myself most days. So today I am off for some treadmill pounding in my new shoes
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:13 AM   #377  
aka Superwoman!

We are flat-hunting at the moment and it is soul-destroying. We can't afford anything where we want to live apart from a shack or a shoebox. The place we are in now has really spoilt us, it's a bargain for what we get, modern, smart, secure. Places we are looking at are run-down, shabby and have really dodgy neighbours.

Last night we went to see a place and I got home hungry and upset. Usually I would've hit the kitchen, but I didn't. DH brought some stuff home from a bakery and I ate until I was satisfied. Then we were watching a film and I made some ryvita and cheese crackers but only ate 1 out of 3. This morning I woke up hungry for breakfast at 7am! That's not happened in a long time because I usually have dinner at 9pm or later. So this morning I made myself French Toast with Brioche bread because it's something I can't make at work : YUMMY!

I'm glad that I managed to get back on track yesterday, this means that I was only thrown for 1 day after overeating, rather than the 2 that happened last week! Progress!
Old 05-10-2007, 09:35 AM   #378  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Talking

Hey haven't posted in a while due to the drama with the ex and work has been beating me over the head.

I think because I have been so distracted by work and the ex and I haven't had the conscious talks with myself to find out if I am hungry. I go through my day at some point I get hungry...if I want to eat I do if I don't I wait a little longer. I eat till I am ready to stop. If I get tempted to keep eating I remember how I felt being stuffed a few weeks ago. Also putting the fork down seems to have been a real break through.

I honestly think if I hadn't been doing the IE before the drama in my life erupted there would have been alot more over eating.

Due to the drama (lots of late late night phone conversations) I didn't workout for a week and when I was ready and actually missing it I went back to it.

Also not as obsessed about what I weigh or when will I get to a certain size. Yeah I want to lose weight, but it will happen as it is meant to happen and as long as I stick doing the right thing I know it will come off. My weigh in is next week and I'm ok with whatever number comes up and I will decide what to do then.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:03 PM   #379  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

It’s been a while since I’ve caught up with you IE folks.

Obsidian – Sorry you’ve been having such a rough time with the ex. Just keep on being good to yourself and things will work themselves out.

neen – Sounds like you’re learning a lot about yourself. I’m sure after some time and practice you will become an expert at reading your body’s signals.

ulapie – Sounds like you’re doing great. Old habits are hard to change, but day-by-day if we keep trying we’re bound to make progress. How are things going with volunteering at the shelter?

RCC – I have a hard time with keeping in tune with my body when I’m traveling, or even just out of my normal routine. Heck, I struggle with weekends. Not that I generally prefer rigid structure (quite the opposite actually) but I really seem to have the flow of the workday eating and working out down. Other than that all **** seems to break loose. BTW, I understand how you feel about the wedding stuff. I got engaged in Feb and at first thought eloping sounded like an attractive prospect, but now that we’ve got a few of the big things taken care of (the date, ceremony and reception sites reserved) I’m kind of excited about the wedding. Plus my fiancé is super excited and involved, so that helps. I see you’ve joined us in the “brides to be” thread over in miscellaneous groups. Take a deep breath, you’ve got a long timeline for planning (as do I) so that should help take some of the edge off.

2Fru – Have I ever told you how much I admire your attitude? Always a silver lining on your cloud. No matter if we over eat or “screw up” somehow, you can always just hop right back on and keep truckin’. And admirable example, you are.

I’ve been hanging in there, eating has been good on weekdays as usual. The weekends I tend to get carried away, I guess more so than usual this past one if the scale is any indication. Went wacky up and then down almost 4 pounds for the previous few days, back to where I was last week as of this morning. Seriously, I have three 3 beers and eat some restaurant food and my body just seems to go nuts. I really was hungry for those 3 beers though, and if I hadn’t listened to my tummy my head would have told me to go right on drinkin’ a 4th.
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:50 AM   #380  
aka Superwoman!

For all the Brides to be - I got married in November and a lovely time was had by all! I think the best thing is to not mind too much about getting EXACTLY what you want - no-one on the day is going to care that you weren't allowed helium filled balloons and had to settle for a single stem rose in a glass tumbler bought for 20p in Ikea! I think once the date and place is sorted then you're almost there! I decided to let my menfolk wear what they wanted (not matching the bridesmaids or anything) and I eventually got all the bridesmaid dresses sorted and everyone was chilled and happy. Remember it's about enjoying the day, not worrying that the ribbon on the flowers doesn't match the bridesmaid dresses

ulapie - fostering a cat sounds lovely Wish I had the house-room.

Obi - I'd be in a total mess right now! Glad you're not breaking out the chocolate or crying into a wine glass

Shananagins - thank you For me IE seemed to help me at weekends - once I'd truly "legalised" the restaurant food we were eating and the chocolate and the ice cream, then I could enjoy them and know that there would always be more restaurants, ice cream and chocolate to enjoy so I didn't have to cram it all down while I "could" because "the diet started on Monday". I now know that I can have chocolate or ice cream or anything ANY time I want. I can have Fish and Chips for lunch today if that's what I want, or a Chinese takeaway, or pizza or the sushi I brought or the chocolate brownies or whatever ANY TIME, so I don't feel the need to "get it while I can" any more.

Personally I'm having a good time. I was pretty hungry yesterday but I think I needed it. I even ate a doughnut

Today I'm tired and beaten up from kickboxing, but I'm doing ok
Old 05-14-2007, 08:30 AM   #381  
Intuituve Eater

Red face

Life is pretty good. Me and the ex actually went to the same events. I having lost 35 or so lbs looked fabulous and got alot of attention and he looked miserable and finally realized what he had lost and we bonded and are friends. I know it sounds wacky, but seems like the drama is over.

Went out NO knee pain, old clothes fit wonderfully. I wore a tight slinky red dress with a slit to mid thigh, topped off with black strappy high heel sandals, and felt good about it.

Eating is ok. No over eating although I ate some crap, but stopped when I was satisfied. I weighed myself day before my tom started and I was down. Assuming I have some water weight I am probably down more than that.

Since drama with the ex is over I seem to more motivated to get up and workout.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for putting up with my venting over the last few weeks, much appreciated.

Last edited by Obsidianbbw; 05-14-2007 at 09:37 AM.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:47 AM   #382  
aka Superwoman!

Glad everything's going well for you Obi.

I'm also doing well on the IE front. Yesterday I realised I was eating out of anger, not hunger so I stopped. Today I seem a little bit hungry and I'm frustrated that I didn't go to the gym at lunch ( ) but I will kick soom bootay tonight at kickboxing. I'll be doing kiddies kickboxing with them.

We've found a new flat to move into next month, so that should be fun. I keep half putting life on hold until we move, but we've actually got a few weeks to go and we're going on holiday to Spain between now and then, so it'll be good. So far, no moving-house-stress-eating has occured
Old 05-15-2007, 05:21 AM   #383  
aka Superwoman!

Feeling good today - had a bit of the nibbles attack last night, but I only really nibbled for my dinner Never mind I'm sure I probably ate as much as a proper dinner.

I'm finding that health and fitness is gradually sliding out of my life.... Like I spend less time worrying about food and exercise and I find that I want to do OTHER things with my time I've bought a hobby book and intend to start making my own clothes. I've been on ebay and bought some material and some fun buttons to start playing with.

Don't get me wrong - I will still be a kick-*** martial artist and I'll still be running a marathon, but they're just not as important and they're not taking up as much "head space" as they were before. It's cool!
Old 05-17-2007, 11:34 AM   #384  
aka Superwoman!

Eeeeee but it's quiet in here!

I'm doing really really well. I realised yesterday and the day before that now to me food is JUST food. It's not comfort or entertainment or any of those things. Some days I can't even be bothered to cook a lavish meal - I just see what's in the fridge! I don't go nutso if there's no "healthy" food in, there tends to be at least a pizza or some veggies or something in the freezer.

This morning I even forgot to pack my lunch! WHOOPS! But that's a heckuva lot better than getting up 45 minutes earlier and cooking and preparing all my 6 meals for the day
Old 05-20-2007, 09:27 AM   #385  
New mom, aspiring DVM

S/C/G: 280/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey girls,

I've been kind of absent from here for a while, and am probably going to make it more permanent. I've found that poking around 3FC has kind of hurt me IE-wise - it's really hard not to compare myself to others when weight and sizes and all those other numbers are being thrown around... and as much as I try to remind myself that IE will help me be healthier and saner in the long run, it's really distracting and tempting to go back to formal dieting when I see people losing 20 pounds in 2 months, etc.

When it comes down to it, trying to get a handle on IE and stopping dieting when I'm still frequenting a dieting message board is just not working for me. I'm hoping I'll be able to come back after a while and help support others who are trying to escape the diet trap, but for now I have to do what's best for me.

I really appreciate all the stuff I've learned from hanging out here, though - I've now read the Overfed Head and am working my way through a copy of Beyond Chocolate I bought through Amazon UK (and LOVING it!). I'm glad to have added a few more resources to my IE arsenal - each book has a slightly different approach and I've taken something good from every one I've read.

Anyhow, I want to thank you guys for the support I've gotten here - it's definitely not this thread that's the problem, but all the others I read while I'm wasting time! Good luck with the continued intuition!
Rock Chalk Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:21 AM   #386  

I've been gone awhile, too, RCC and I know what you mean about the time it takes to read here. I really enjoy 2frus posts so I'm back and doing pretty good with IE.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 12:46 PM   #387  
Intuituve Eater

Talking

I've also been missing in action. Eating has been pretty ok. I hit my latest mild stone. New goal of 299. I have stopped myself from going out so much, more because of cost than anything else. I also noticed that I was justifying eating when I wasn't hungry anymore because I was out and talking and would get distracted. So between the 2 no eating out till June1.

I start doing slim and lean (jari love) Wednesday. it was supposed to be today, but I slept in.

Me and the ex are doing pretty good so definitely no more drama here. Life is pretty good right now.

I agree with RCC. I tend not to come to 3fc as much because it messes with my head. I don't think I'll ever give it up since I have learned lots and lots.

Hope everyone else is going ok.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:24 AM   #388  
aka Superwoman!

WELL DONE OBI!

I know what you mean about the whole diet mentality here I just chat in the UK chicks and there tends to be less diet talk in our monthly chat thread! In fact we have a few maintainers and some who are just there for the chatter I'm sure!

I've had a great 2 weeks - I ate really really well and I even survived a weekend with my parents (MAJOR binge territory!). However yesterday I was SO tired, a little bit stressed and depressed and just blah that I ate half a packet of biscuits and half a ginger loaf cake at about 3pm. Well, never mind - I didn't eat anything after that!

Today is going a little bit better... I've had breakfast but I still feel hungry. I think perhaps I will have some tea.

Tomorrow DH and I are going to Spain so I will MIA for a week and a day! I'm really looking forward to it and I feel that I can come back from holiday without the extra "baggage" I usually bring...

Oh and I weighed myself yesterday morning - I'm not sure whether this contributed to the binge or not, but I am up 4lbs since February. It's not a lot at all, and considering I have been eating mainly cake and biscuits for a lot of that time I am fairly hopeful that when we're back from holiday, and when we've moved house and when I've got a little bit of motivation back to go to the gym at lunch that it'll come off fairly easily - and hopefully more. It's the first time I've weighed myself for about 2 months, so I wasn't too surprised.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:45 AM   #389  

Hi, Obi. We'll miss you 2frus. One thing I have learned from IE is that no matter what the food is, if you eat it on a regular basis it loses its power. Lately it was chocolate muffins for me and I'm really glad that they don't seem as special. I planted the garden yesterday and am really sore as usual for this time of year. I still have a lot of flowers to plant but that will take awhile. We still have pretty cool weather here in WI and even get a freeze once in awhile.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:08 AM   #390  
Intuituve Eater

Talking

Have a great time 2Frus.

Slept in on Monday so no slim and lean, Stayed with Get ripped today since I had a new cardio video today and it kicked my but. Didn't think 2 new videos in one day was a good move. Slim and lean Friday. I think I'm a little scared of it. Nothing to report on eating. Curious how I will do with the holiday weekend coming up.

Last edited by Obsidianbbw; 05-23-2007 at 12:02 PM.