Old 02-01-2007, 11:53 AM   #46  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Christine.............I don't like cold either.....but think of all that YUMMY cold water seafood DH and I are going to take a long weekend in Maine one day just for the eating!!!!!
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:54 AM   #47  
Christine - LAWL

S/C/G: 182/167/135

Height: 5' 4"

Nicole - I GOTTA get a pair of American Eagle jeans when I reach goal to keep up with my girlie girl daughters..... LOL!!
BusyBee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:57 AM   #48  
Christine - LAWL

Nicole - My Mom lived in Maine for awhile.....one Christmas we were on the coast in a "chowder house" eating (of course) a big bowl of chowder in a bread bowl - watching the huge snow flakes falling outside.....it was beautiful!!!!!! I just love it there.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:04 PM   #49  
Wendy II

S/C/G: 206/201/160

Height: 5'4"

Yeah.. I'll miss that part of being overweight.. my fun bags will surely disappear!
Wendelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:19 PM   #50  
Jennifer aka Jenn

S/C/G: 256/232/175

Height: 5'3"

I'm more worried about losing my "back end", cuz there's no hope for the FUN BAGS anymore since gravity has taken hold!!
PittieMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:29 PM   #51  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizlawchik View Post
Evette - You crack me up. For God's sake, eat the darn pizza and enjoy it. You're not going to put on 81lbs if the crust is a little thick! Seriously, the book says "pizza shop style", so as long as it's not deep dish, you should be ok. Love ya, mean it!
I know, I know.........one of my many problems. I am so afraid of getting fat again. You don't know how many times i've heard co-workers tell me to just treat myself a little bit and see how far i've come, but on the other hand, me staying POP is how I lost my weight, you know? I'm so torn sometimes. Sometimes my mentality drives ME crazy!!! Sorry

i'll just eat the darn pizza....so, is that 1 or 2 medium slices? hahahah!!! seriously!!

Last edited by winkie03; 02-01-2007 at 12:37 PM.
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:32 PM   #52  
LAWL Salt Police

G'morning all... Well, I was down half a pound at WI this morning.. Somewhat of a let down after two straight 2 lbs loss WI's, but I'll take what I can get..

Liz had good news this morning too, but I'll let her share it.. Very proud of you sweetie!!

Well, I heard from the restaurant catering the Super Bowl party at my house this weekend.. Here's the menu..

Green chile chicken enchiladas
Red chile cheese enchiladas
Beans
Rice
Tortillas
Chips
Salsa
Queso (cheese dip for you who don't speak Spanish!)
Taquitos (basically small tacos in a rolled shell rather than the typical taco shell
Jalepeno poppers

As Liz said to me when I told her, "We are SO going to have to do a TO after the party"....

Wish us luck..
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:33 PM   #53  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBee3 View Post
Good Morning!!

Evette - OK, I just had a major flash back! I think I have been to Filippi's in Chula Vista? I think....it was YEARS ago.... One of my only CC meals is pizza....love it! I usually get mushroom but had a huge slice of white pizza for my b-day.....mmmmmm!!

Hi Christine: Yep, same franchise. I'm going to the one near Clairemont.
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:48 PM   #54  
Christine - LAWL

Dan - OMGosh........we lived in both CA and AZ and, other than the weather, I miss really good Mexican Food the most.....I am drooling over your menu! What I would do for an authentic tamale.... I told a friend of mine that just moved to Tuscon that she needs to overnight me some! I am doing TO on Monday too so I will join you and Liz! Enjoy your party!!!!
Old 02-01-2007, 12:52 PM   #55  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Christine-

My SILs is half-mexican and her great-grandma makes tamales every xmas. Apparently the rice and beans are also to die for. . . . But they are always around-the tamales are just at xmas. Anyway-she always brings home tamales home with her stashed in her purse and we all try to steal them. Yummm! I did find a guy whose wife makes them around xmas and he sells them by the dozen here at the university. Really good-and pretty healthy too IMO. Cornmeal, chicken-they aren't oily or greasy or anything. . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:05 PM   #56  
Purple (no lites)

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Good mornin’ everyone...well, it’s actually lunchtime already, HEY anyways. I’m a little bummed today about my progress. I lost last week, but so far this week – nothing. I am staying OP, most days are POP. I know I’m not exercising enough, only 1-2 times a week on the treadmill. My DH has consistently lost every week and I know guys loose quicker, but it’s hard not to let it get to me. Okay, enough crying in my lemon water.

I’m not good with personals, but here are a few shout-outs.

Evette – I’m a little scared of the CC too. I’ve been thinking maybe the DH and I can treat ourselves on Valentine’s Day.

Jason – I’m glad you’re recommitted. It’s so easy to slip back into old habits.

Wendy II – The last time I lost weight, I refused to buy new clothes until I had gone down at least two sizes. I had a pretty bad case of saggy butt.

Ulanda – That sounds like a great incentive to stay OP. I have a cruise in May that I’m trying to be ready for. I’m already so pale that the sun reflects off me (I just can’t get a tan), so I need to reduce the surface area.

Nicole – Your posts are so fun to read. I agree this group is a great support. Sounds weird, but I only have a couple of close girlfriends. One, because I was an only girl growing up and relate better with guys. It’s mostly because women can be so catty and full of drama. I don’t have time for it.

Joni – I really need to look into pet insurance. My Mini Dachshund breed is prone to back problems. Luckily, we haven’t had any yet, but I need to be prepared.

Well, I already am feeling better, just from reading all your fun and supportive posts. Hope everyone has a great afternoon.
pjbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:19 PM   #57  
Wendy II

S/C/G: 206/201/160

My best friend is mexican.. and she makes tamales every Christmas too.. oh man.. they're to die for!!

Great.. now I've drooled on my desk.
Wendelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:22 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Lizzy - WTG! I'm glad gold is working for you!

Dan - WTG for you too. I can taste the tacquitos right now. Happy TO to you and Lizzy in advance.

Christine - The Maine at Christmas sounds wonderful, and the chowder house sounds like a great memory. We wear shorts on Christmas.

JM - MMmmmm... tamales... you guys are killing me!

Paula - The week's not over yet. You'll do fine as long as you stay POP. Hang in there! The "surface area" comment made me LOL! I'm a pale girl too. No tan, just freckles and burn.

Last edited by bizlawchik; 02-01-2007 at 02:07 PM.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:47 PM   #59  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

Oooh Katie! I plan on going to culinary school when my babies are finally in school. I am dying to become a pastry chef! I love to cook, but baking is my first love! I love it so much and am itching to become a pastry chef.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:59 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 182/162.5/140

Evette, you will be just fine. Go ahead and enjoy your pizza. I believe you get 2 slices. I know that you won't go over board so you should worry!

WTG, Dan and Lizzy!!

Joni, I am glad that Charlie is doing better. I pray that he makes a complete turnaround and please get some insurance.

Paula, I never have to worry about tanning, because I am naturally brown.

Cassi, that would be so cool to learn how to make amazing dishes and pretty food. I love when food is not only pretty, but tastes great too. I am a good cook, but I can't say that I love it. I know this is weird, but I love when DH sits down for dinner and he starts eating and sighs...This is really good! Makes me happy!

juliemarie, I love hot tamales. I haven't had any real good authentic ones in about 3 years though.

Pittiemomma, I love your picture in your avatar. You look so cute and happy!
2bfit06 is offline   Reply With Quote