Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 10:07 AM   #16  

Willendorf Woman,

I would be happy to answer those....The application process will be about 1-1/2 years (depending on if you have to attend an interview) and you will have to land in Canada within one year of when you have taken your medical (usually at the time of interview or interview waiver). In order to maintain PR status you must reside in Canada 2 out of every five years (so summers can usually add this up and still be okay to attend university) Hope that helps!

Just wanted to post that real quick....at work now but will come back again tonight from home if my daughters homework is not to heavy

Dale
Old 09-13-2004, 10:17 AM   #17  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

This is turning into quite a group. Would you like me to move this thread to the Support Groups Forum? Or would you like to stay here and "troll" for more of us Canuks? Let me know if you want it moved and also if you want the name changed.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:11 AM   #18  
Cdn Lifetime WW Member

Ruth,

Unless anyone else has another suggestion I think moving it would be good. That's where I went when looking for other Canadians.

Does anyone have a name for us??

My 2 cents is: Crazy Canucks!!

Maura

If anyone is interested you can check out my Blog at maurabirch.blogspot.com
Old 09-13-2004, 12:19 PM   #19  
Vermin's Mum

Location: Nova Scotia (in my heart of hearts--headed there in a bit under 2 years)

How about "Oh Canada!"
Old 09-13-2004, 12:36 PM   #20  
Vermin's Mum

Location: Nova Scotia (in my heart of hearts--headed there in a bit under 2 years)

Oh, exciting news...I'm down 3 lbs! The scale has been firmly at 222 for two weeks now and registered 219 today! I'm thrilled! I was a bit frustrated as I had been staying within my points and had not lost an ounce.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:59 PM   #21  
Come on Spring!

Well, you Canuk Chicks just decide on a name and PM me or holler at me over in the South Beach Forum. Then I'll move it and rename it.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:00 PM   #22  
Come on Spring!

CanaChicks? What if a guy joins? Geez, maybe one has already!
Old 09-13-2004, 02:56 PM   #23  
Cdn Lifetime WW Member

Default Hoorayy For Willendorf!!!!

Congratulations. I know how hard it is to keep with a system and not see results. It took me almost 4 months to loose 5 lbs to get to my goal weight

Keep up the good work and remember you can do it.

I have been meaning to ask you if your Avitar is a picture of your tatoo?

BTW do you have a suggestions for our Thread name?

M
Old 09-13-2004, 06:36 PM   #24  

Smile Can I join?

Hi!
I'm in Toronto and would love to join you!
Old 09-13-2004, 06:47 PM   #25  

Default sounds good!

Maura ..
I wouldn't mind some more information on that 'core list' you were talking about!
I'm in my early 30's with 2 small kids (3 and 1 1/2) and would love to lose 50 lbs. I was quite successful with WW and really like the program - just looking for some variety now as I tend to get stuck in the rut with certain low point foods and then get sick of them and revert back to my old ways.
I'd love to join your thread! I need the motivation from people that understand exactly where I come from!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyAnne
Wild,

You may want to look into the new Core program. You don't count points except for stuff that isn't on the core food list and that list includes all of your lean meats, all veggies, all whole grains, all fat free dairy. I bet there is over a 150 items on the Core list. Then you get 35 Point for other stuff.

Let me know if you want a quick list of the Core foods.

Tobaccy - Sorry I can't help you I don't make Poutine. Good luck on your quest for new ways of preparing.

Maura
Old 09-13-2004, 07:52 PM   #26  

Hello my fellow Canucks! I am from the GTA (grew up in Richmond Hill, currently live in Burlington and am moving to Orangeville next month). I would love to get in on a Canadian Thread mainly because we don't access to half the weight loss stuff that the US gets. Damn FDA...LOL

I love poutine, but as much as I want to lose weight, I can't butcher Poutine to fit my diet. I would rather have the real thing once in a blue moon and be able to eat the real thing!

You guys should try Poutine Italianna. Its big in Montreal, its got fries, spaghetti meat sauce and cheese. Sounds gross but its great! Granted, most people think gravy and cheese curds sound gross too...

I love the idea of naming the thread "Crazy Canuks" IMHO!
Old 09-13-2004, 07:54 PM   #27  

P.S ( I am also interested in the core list. I've done WW several times and the counting does get tiring..)
Old 09-13-2004, 09:09 PM   #28  

Default Go for it

Canadian Newbie just go for it, get up and go. In the last 18mths I have lost 126lbs. I did join weight watchers and I walk, walk, and walk some more. I have not got to my goal yet and am having some trouble getting on track after summer. I could use some advise from someone out there on how to keep the focus for the long haul. thanx
Old 09-13-2004, 10:01 PM   #29  
Cdn Lifetime WW Member

Okay for anyone who want to know here it is. But remember I am not a leader and anything that I say here is directly from the BOOK that you get with WW.
The core foods consist of all fruits and vegitables in their pure state (no juices, sweetened canned fruit etc), soup that consist of only core foods, whole wheat pasta, lean meats (all kinds), fat-free dairy and eggs and sugar free beverages. Like I said there are over 150 food on the list that you don't have to count, with a few exceptions. You can only have 1 potato a day.

You only use your points allowance for foods that are not core or food that contain non core ingredients (ie Pita with veggies (core), lean meat (core) and mayo (non core) you only count the mayo).

The other thing that this system is promoting is knowing you hunger comfort zone. This is where you aren't too full or too hungry.

If you feel like you are in a rut this may be the system for you but I strongly encourage checking out a meeting. I lost all of my weight with the support of my leader and knowing that others were going through the same thing as me. And the best part was when I had a question that I thought was dumb enevitabily there would be someone at the meeting who was brave enough to ask the question.

I hope this answers some questions.

Bonnie you are more than welcome to visit anytime you want.

Looks like I am representing the west here!!! So Crazy Canucks it is.

I will start a new Thread tomorrow in the Groups area? OK?
Old 09-13-2004, 11:43 PM   #30  
Vermin's Mum

Well, my suggestion was "Oh Canada!", but as I'm a Gonnabecanuck it has what, half the suggestion wallop as that of you fortunate died in the wool Canucks. *grin*
Closed Thread