Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 05-27-2004, 06:25 PM   #1  

Question Allery newbie questions?

Hi, I am a newbie, looking into sugar busters. My thyroid doc suggested it but... My questions are...I am allergic to dairy and eggs.. and wanted to know if sugar busters would be a good try for me?

I am not lactose intolerent, but actually allergic to it, son is also allergic to milk..

Since looking at some menus and saw eggs in the recipes and etc, I decided to join and post a thread before I get the books, I don't drink or smoke as they make me sick anyway, but if sugar busters isn't good, is there one that is better that I should look into...I don't like meat so I think atkins is way out of the ?. I need to lose about 20-25 more pounds, have lost 15 so far in about a year.

Brenmichelle
brenmichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 12:38 PM   #2  

Hi Brenmichelle,

Eggs are included with SB because they are a good source of protein. I don't think they are required to do the SB program. Can you eat soy products? Tofu, soy milk, soy cheese, gardenburgers, etc. might be the way to go for you. I am not currently, but was a vegitarian on Sugar Busters and lost weight. I was ovo-lacto, meaning I ate eggs and milk products, but no meat at all. Sounds like with those modifications, SB should be fine for you! It's very healthy and it works. Best of luck to you!
goofgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 12:43 PM   #3  

You can do Sugarbusters with out eggs or dairy. Just concentrate on protein you can have, as well as vegetables, fruits and whole grains. Soy is fine, but if you have a thyroid condition you should NOT eat it. Soy binds with thyroid hormones and makes them unusable to the cells. Only fermented soy is ok, like soy sauce, tempeh and miso. Tofu, soy cheese, soy milk, and soy proteins are all included in the group you should avoid.

If you have questions, do come post on the weekly support board. There is a weekly thread there that everyone posts replies in. Its a great group, very knowledgeable, and will be happy to give you ideas on implementing Sugarbusters without eggs and dairy.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote