Old 01-10-2018, 06:22 PM   #76  
amber

S/C/G: 318/288.8/220

Height: 5'5"

Hiya! Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I keep trying to drink more and more water! Today was easier and I also found out I should be eating 8oz instead of 4 or 5 of meat, so I'm gonna have 2 eggs in the am. I think I'll feel much better! I may be crazy but it's day 3 and i feel like my clothes are looser. I'm sure it's the fact that I'm not carrying around so much water weight! Feels good anywho! lol
ButterCup85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:50 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 186.5/149/135

Height: 5.5

Today - will be a good day! pack extra celery and cucumbers! drink an extra 16 oz of water and walk if its nice out, or even if its cold put a coat on. I started doing yoga, more of the just stretching type .... in two weeks I am amazed how much better I feel. I have never done it before, I always said maybe some day... so do something that is good for you that you said... Maybe some day! Have a wonderful day!
Skinnyjeangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:49 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 199/156/140

Height: 5'5"

Default First day of IP

Hi, I’m an IP, yesterday was my first day. I was so hungry and tired....especially on my hour long drive home from work. What got me through it was knowing that I could throw 1/2 lb of lean hamburger on the grill and have a “Big Mac in a bowl”. I felt so much better after eating that. No hunger this morning so I am going to try to delay my breakfast until 8am and see if starting food later will help with hunger in the afternoon. I know as a beginner I can add a 4th packet if I’m hungry, but I’m trying to resist.

Any suggestions for getting through the first few days?
Gwenbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:29 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 183.0/176.8/135.0

Height: 5'8"

Hey, I started IP on Wednesday and haven't cheated really unless you count the one extra packet on Thursday (but it was unrestricted, which is better than restricted...i guess??). On another note, I also have been eating 4oz of meat each dinner since I began, because I misread a part of the diet. On the bright side this evening i got "2 dinners" (2 dinners at 4oz meat each). Hope this doesn't set me back at all. It has only been 4 days, but my scale hasn't moved. I have my first weight in on Monday and am dreading it. What if the number doesn't change, what if I gain...in my first week???!?!?!!? Anyways, anybody else out there feel nervous.

Any people start around 180s and attempting to get to 130s like me? Any successes? How long did it take? Did you keep it off?

I understand that someone who weighs more will lose more on average and someone who weighs less will lose less on average(or more slowly). So I'm really interested in hearing about an experience of someone with similar weight ranges.

Thanks! Good luck to everyone!
katlikemeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:34 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyjeangirl View Post
Yay! I am fighting off a couple pounds from TOM and the holidays. I am encouraged to lose a little more. I have been doing stretching yoga classes online and love it!!! and I do like to run so but haven't since last summer due to menopausal stuff.... but I am on a schedule now. Hope to see you on the boards! hang tight!
Hi, wow you're down to the 140s? Great job! How long has it taken you to get down there?

You said you'd probably be ending phase 1 in December; how did it work out?
Old 01-14-2018, 10:47 AM   #81  

Default Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlikemeow View Post
Hey, I started IP on Wednesday and haven't cheated really unless you count the one extra packet on Thursday (but it was unrestricted, which is better than restricted...i guess??). On another note, I also have been eating 4oz of meat each dinner since I began, because I misread a part of the diet. On the bright side this evening i got "2 dinners" (2 dinners at 4oz meat each). Hope this doesn't set me back at all. It has only been 4 days, but my scale hasn't moved. I have my first weight in on Monday and am dreading it. What if the number doesn't change, what if I gain...in my first week???!?!?!!? Anyways, anybody else out there feel nervous.

Any people start around 180s and attempting to get to 130s like me? Any successes? How long did it take? Did you keep it off?

I understand that someone who weighs more will lose more on average and someone who weighs less will lose less on average(or more slowly). So I'm really interested in hearing about an experience of someone with similar weight ranges.

I started at 186. I am at 147. I want to get to 135. I am on the alternatives and it has slowed down the last couple months. I have gone off plan and it was Thanksgiving and Christmas. I did suffer a few days after each, but I got right back on plan. It has been about 7 months. I am glad that its taken me this long, it has disciplined me in portion size and realizing that my body does not need a lot of food to survive. I do enjoy my main dinner meal and will eat about 6- 8 ounces of meat. But, I do run and exercise. Once you get into a rhythm you will stick to it. Now, I will phase off here shortly and can't wait to see how I do. However, if I do gain anything back I will go back to phase 1 and get back on track. its a good program and its the only one that has worked for me. Also, if you cheat dont beat yourself up, just get back on plan... have a great day
Old 01-14-2018, 10:54 AM   #82  

Default hello

Quote:
Hi, wow you're down to the 140s? Great job! How long has it taken you to get down there?

You said you'd probably be ending phase 1 in December; how did it work out?
it took about 6 months to get into the 40s, I believe I got to a point where I stopped weighing myself because I was doing it religiously and it got to be an obsession. It was slow for me and everyone's body is different. I had extra protein at night and some days I had an extra packet of something. So it depends on how strict you are with yourself. I am happy with where I am right now and hope to get another 10 pounds off. It will depend on myself being diligent. I did not phase off in December because I decided to enjoy the holiday foods in moderation of course. so now I am working that off. so this time I am not going to put a date just see if I can reach my goal... but seriously happy with the weight loss!! good luck
Old 01-14-2018, 10:57 AM   #83  

Default Water and walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenbert View Post
Hi, I’m an IP, yesterday was my first day. I was so hungry and tired....especially on my hour long drive home from work. What got me through it was knowing that I could throw 1/2 lb of lean hamburger on the grill and have a “Big Mac in a bowl”. I felt so much better after eating that. No hunger this morning so I am going to try to delay my breakfast until 8am and see if starting food later will help with hunger in the afternoon. I know as a beginner I can add a 4th packet if I’m hungry, but I’m trying to resist.

Any suggestions for getting through the first few days?
Hello, I found that if I munch on celery and cucumbers helps. I was having trouble at night after my meals so I decided to find things to keep me busy. Like doing laundry if it needed it... I actually jumped into the shower and reflect on the day. there are a lot of ideas to keep us from that extra packet or hunger pangs. good luck!
Old 01-15-2018, 04:00 PM   #84  

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyjeangirl View Post
I started at 186. I am at 147. I want to get to 135. I am on the alternatives and it has slowed down the last couple months. I have gone off plan and it was Thanksgiving and Christmas. I did suffer a few days after each, but I got right back on plan. It has been about 7 months. I am glad that its taken me this long, it has disciplined me in portion size and realizing that my body does not need a lot of food to survive. I do enjoy my main dinner meal and will eat about 6- 8 ounces of meat. But, I do run and exercise. Once you get into a rhythm you will stick to it. Now, I will phase off here shortly and can't wait to see how I do. However, if I do gain anything back I will go back to phase 1 and get back on track. its a good program and its the only one that has worked for me. Also, if you cheat dont beat yourself up, just get back on plan... have a great day
Thanks so much for all the info! Those are some seriously fantastic results! The holidays are always the worst times to lose weight with all the delicious foods, pies, desserts so it's understandable. I bet you look fantastic anyways. I am very happy for you and all the people who have lost weight.

I actually just had my first weigh in and lost 6.8 lbs and an inch in my waist, bellybutton and 0.5 in in my arms. YAY! Thanks for the support Skinnyjeangirl
Old 01-15-2018, 05:56 PM   #85  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone,

Hope all are well. I am looking to join you all tomorrow for a restart. Was planning on it a few weeks ago, but it didn't happen, but planning on it tomorrow! Had some success last summer and I am looking to continue!!
cactusblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:00 AM   #86  

Hi Everyone! I am 15 days in to IP, finding it ok now. I am down about 12 lbs (with IP, more on my own before starting), and to the point now where my cravings are gone, and I am never hungry, its a weird feeling but great!

Last edited by Eliza30ish; 01-17-2018 at 08:00 AM.
Eliza30ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 08:05 PM   #87  

Good luck to the new starters!! and the ones that are a couple weeks in... Remember lots of water and utilize the free stuff... woop!
Old 01-26-2018, 06:47 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:

Hi, I went from almost 170 lbs to my goal weight of 132 in 3.5 months. I was fairly active during that time (mainly x-country skiing and snowshoeing) - mid Nov 2013 to beginning of March 2014. I ended up doing the Athlete/Diabetic Protocol since I felt ill and stopped losing - I was not getting enough fuel to help my body to burn its own fat. Things worked much better on this alternative protocol. I've been in maintenance for almost 4 years now and admittedly am up a few lbs from my goal due to some emotional eating lately. I am dealing with elderly parents' health problems and an autoimmune disease myself that has been giving me a bit more grief than usual. I just have to stop eating chips at night while I am on patrol, lol. I generally still eat low carb and intermittently fast (often 18 hr fast/6 hr eating window.)
I still consider myself successful and these five extra lbs will be off again in another month or two just by cutting out the added carby crap snacks. I'm not bothering to do strict P1 again - just go back to clean low carbs.

Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 01-26-2018 at 06:58 AM.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 10:40 PM   #89  

Here's to the weekend! Drink lots of water and eat your freebies!
Old 01-29-2018, 11:27 AM   #90  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

I did IP 5 years ago and got to my goal weight within a few months but....here I am for a reboot. I did keep the weight off for a couple of years but then I stopped going to the gym and watching my weight so I have no one to blame but me (and my hubby as he's such a good cook). I'm one week in and down 7 lbs. I don't know why but the first week seemed much easier for me then I remember from the last time.
Cheekyskeeter is offline   Reply With Quote