Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2017, 01:59 PM   #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Skinnyjeangirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 367

S/C/G: 186.5/149/135

Height: 5.5

Default How is everyone doing?

On August 10th it will be 4 months. As of today I have lost 25.5 pounds. I am extremely happy with my results and was going to phase off in the middle of this month. But, I have decided to push on and try and loose another 15 pounds and then phase off. I am happy that the only thing I have cheated with was a day last week I had a spoonful of homemade jelly. I know that I have had more protein than I should on some occasions, but it was like I knew my body needed it. I am dealing with a case of mild depression from menopause and looking into alternatives to help with that. I started taking DIM with bioprine. (sp). I have been going through this for 7 years, with the pre- to now full meno. I am confidant that I will get through this too. So this week coming up I will focus on the thoughts and what I am eating, and keep a better log of my food. I am not doing this to look better in a pair of jeans, I am doing it to learn to eat healthier and live a good life. Keep going my fellow rebooters!
Skinnyjeangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 09:05 PM   #2  
IP Start Date 8/29/14
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bloomingdale, IL
Posts: 778

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyjeangirl View Post
On August 10th it will be 4 months. As of today I have lost 25.5 pounds. I am extremely happy with my results and was going to phase off in the middle of this month. But, I have decided to push on and try and loose another 15 pounds and then phase off. I am happy that the only thing I have cheated with was a day last week I had a spoonful of homemade jelly. I know that I have had more protein than I should on some occasions, but it was like I knew my body needed it. I am dealing with a case of mild depression from menopause and looking into alternatives to help with that. I started taking DIM with bioprine. (sp). I have been going through this for 7 years, with the pre- to now full meno. I am confidant that I will get through this too. So this week coming up I will focus on the thoughts and what I am eating, and keep a better log of my food. I am not doing this to look better in a pair of jeans, I am doing it to learn to eat healthier and live a good life. Keep going my fellow rebooters!
Good for you!!!
Like you, I decided to extend my time doing this. Originally, I was going to do this reboot for 8 weeks to get me back to my pre-surgery weight and a weight I'm happy enough maintaining. However, along the way I decided to do this to achieve my original results which will add about 3 months. So, instead of finishing Aug 26, I am going to mid-November. That will be perfect timing to transition before holidays and be reasonable and yet enjoy the holiday season and probably do a mini-reboot in Jan.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:22 AM   #3  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Skinnyjeangirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 367

S/C/G: 186.5/149/135

Height: 5.5

Default Super Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
Good for you!!!
Like you, I decided to extend my time doing this. Originally, I was going to do this reboot for 8 weeks to get me back to my pre-surgery weight and a weight I'm happy enough maintaining. However, along the way I decided to do this to achieve my original results which will add about 3 months. So, instead of finishing Aug 26, I am going to mid-November. That will be perfect timing to transition before holidays and be reasonable and yet enjoy the holiday season and probably do a mini-reboot in Jan.
Thanks Ro22 for the encouragement too! Yeah so if the way I am going with loosing weight, it will be November for me too. I will start the phasing about the beginning of November. so basically for the holiday stuff. Which, I will be good through! sweeeet! see you soon on the boards
Skinnyjeangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:30 PM   #4  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Skinnyjeangirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 367

S/C/G: 186.5/149/135

Height: 5.5

Default KristineM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristineM View Post
I am also inspired by reading your post here. Thank you so much for posting. Overall I am doing great.

I am happy you are here and doing great! woohoo! see you on the boards.
Skinnyjeangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 02:30 PM   #5  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 5

Default Hi from a newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyjeangirl View Post
On August 10th it will be 4 months. As of today I have lost 25.5 pounds. I am extremely happy with my results and was going to phase off in the middle of this month. But, I have decided to push on and try and loose another 15 pounds and then phase off. I am happy that the only thing I have cheated with was a day last week I had a spoonful of homemade jelly. I know that I have had more protein than I should on some occasions, but it was like I knew my body needed it. I am dealing with a case of mild depression from menopause and looking into alternatives to help with that. I started taking DIM with bioprine. (sp). I have been going through this for 7 years, with the pre- to now full meno. I am confidant that I will get through this too. So this week coming up I will focus on the thoughts and what I am eating, and keep a better log of my food. I am not doing this to look better in a pair of jeans, I am doing it to learn to eat healthier and live a good life. Keep going my fellow rebooters!
Hi guys! I'm ohiogal and looking for support. Went on an antidepressant about a year ago combined with gabapentin for anxiety post divorce and abusing relationship. PTSD. Wasn't good. I am now in a better place an so mad wthe decision to stop my trintellix antidepressant bc I was gaining10 lbs! Sofar I have lost 4 since getting off it like a week ago! Woohoo! But question- anyone been on these two drugs and gained weight or lost right after? Also any tips on getting back on train would be helpful!
Ohiogal1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 05:25 PM   #6  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Skinnyjeangirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 367

S/C/G: 186.5/149/135

Height: 5.5

Default Woohoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogal1985 View Post
Hi guys! I'm ohiogal and looking for support. Went on an antidepressant about a year ago combined with gabapentin for anxiety post divorce and abusing relationship. PTSD. Wasn't good. I am now in a better place an so mad wthe decision to stop my trintellix antidepressant bc I was gaining10 lbs! Sofar I have lost 4 since getting off it like a week ago! Woohoo! But question- anyone been on these two drugs and gained weight or lost right after? Also any tips on getting back on train would be helpful!
Hello, if you go into the rebooter site that's where a lot of us go that are starting this plan over again, which means we've tried it before and now we're back doing it again. good luck to you with all the changes that is going on in your life and we're here to support you have a fabulous day 💋💋💋👏
Skinnyjeangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 03:45 PM   #7  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 5

Default

Hi All,
I posted on the newbie thread since this is my first time trying the IPD. I am looking forward to my first weigh in results tomorrow. I want to say that I have not cheated but,
1) I took my son out for lunch when I took him to college. I think i did pretty good. I only ate the chicken, peppers and the Pico de gilo (or how ever it is spelled)
2) My friend took me out to dinner and I opted for a chicken ceasar salad without the croutons and a small amount of Balsamic Vinaigrette.

There was one day i didn't eat all my veggies either. I was out running around and didn't have time to prepare. so it was packets, snack and a left over chicken breast that I cooked the night before.

Anyway, I wanted to say Hi All.
solorider67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 10:39 PM   #8  
IP Start Date 8/29/14
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bloomingdale, IL
Posts: 778

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by solorider67 View Post
Hi All,
I posted on the newbie thread since this is my first time trying the IPD. I am looking forward to my first weigh in results tomorrow. I want to say that I have not cheated but,
1) I took my son out for lunch when I took him to college. I think i did pretty good. I only ate the chicken, peppers and the Pico de gilo (or how ever it is spelled)
2) My friend took me out to dinner and I opted for a chicken ceasar salad without the croutons and a small amount of Balsamic Vinaigrette.

There was one day i didn't eat all my veggies either. I was out running around and didn't have time to prepare. so it was packets, snack and a left over chicken breast that I cooked the night before.

Anyway, I wanted to say Hi All.
Good luck on the weigh-in tomorrow. I weigh myself tomorrow also - it has been 4 weeks since last time. I like to do monthly to see big drops.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 11:36 AM   #9  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 5

Smile

Well, I am very pleased with my week 1 results:
7.4 total pounds lost
4.8 fat lost.
2 pounds water.
1.4 muscle. (Coach said this is typical for the first week or so)
Body fat % came down 1.2%
She also said I lost:
1.5" from chest.
1" around belly button,
0.5" at waist
Now if the results were like that every week, I will be ecstatic. But I know first week losses are usually the most. If I settle into a 4-5 pounds per week pattern, I'd be very happy.

I am not sure that is realistic, but, that is what they say the average is for men on this program based on the results they have seen over the past several years.

I like their "In-Body" scale and how it breaks the numbers down.
solorider67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 10:25 PM   #10  
Senior Member
 
canadjineh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 3,374

S/C/G: 163/135/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 53 yrs old

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by solorider67 View Post
Well, I am very pleased with my week 1 results:
7.4 total pounds lost
4.8 fat lost.
2 pounds water.
1.4 muscle. (Coach said this is typical for the first week or so)
Body fat % came down 1.2%
She also said I lost:
1.5" from chest.
1" around belly button,
0.5" at waist
Now if the results were like that every week, I will be ecstatic. But I know first week losses are usually the most. If I settle into a 4-5 pounds per week pattern, I'd be very happy.

I am not sure that is realistic, but, that is what they say the average is for men on this program based on the results they have seen over the past several years.

I like their "In-Body" scale and how it breaks the numbers down.
Congratulations on your first week, solorider67! I don't know if I'd expect 4-5 lbs loss per week average unless you really have a lot to lose. The weight loss will not be linear either, some weeks it'll be a small amount or none, then all of a sudden a whoosh and a big drop. Also the numbers they measure for muscle loss isn't necessarily muscle... it's ANY non-lipid, non-water tissue. The gadgets in use for tracking BF% etc are notoriously unreliable but they can at least show a general trend when tracked over a longer period of time, and that is always an encouraging thing to see.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:10 PM   #11  
determined
 
frawniemae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Home is where I park it!
Posts: 844

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Default

Well...it has been a month for the record books, that is for sure. Weight wise I'm holding steady. Emotional wise I am completely heartsick at the devastation that Harvey has brought to Texas. I am from the Beaumont/Vidor area east of Houston. There is only a handful of homes and businesses in my town alone (@14000 population) that has not flooded. I am safe in west Texas only because we had been vacationing in Colorado and were on our way back when Harvey hit. I told my guy to leave me and my rv, take the truck and go back to take care of the house and family. That was a week ago. They are safe and for the most part dry. But the area is devastated. Absolutely devastated. It's not just Rockport and Aransas Pass (where it first came ashore) it is the entire coastal region of Texas. It will take YEARS for people to rebuild. I feel somewhat guilty that I am safe and dry in a beautiful part of Texas while they are nearly drowning over there. All I can do is pray (and not eat everything in sight). You may hear the phrase "pray for Texas" if you're on FB much. Please do. We need it badly.
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 07:53 AM   #12  
Senior Member
 
canadjineh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 3,374

S/C/G: 163/135/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 53 yrs old

Default

Good to hear from you Frawniemae! I was wondering how things were where you were from. I'm just glad we were in Houston last Dec before all this went down. It will take a lot to get things cleaned up and rebuilt. There's still areas of New Orleans that haven't been fixed from Katrina. I hope that doesn't happen in Texas too.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 08:58 AM   #13  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Skinnyjeangirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 367

S/C/G: 186.5/149/135

Height: 5.5

Default Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
Well...it has been a month for the record books, that is for sure. Weight wise I'm holding steady. Emotional wise I am completely heartsick at the devastation that Harvey has brought to Texas. I am from the Beaumont/Vidor area east of Houston. There is only a handful of homes and businesses in my town alone (@14000 population) that has not flooded. I am safe in west Texas only because we had been vacationing in Colorado and were on our way back when Harvey hit. I told my guy to leave me and my rv, take the truck and go back to take care of the house and family. That was a week ago. They are safe and for the most part dry. But the area is devastated. Absolutely devastated. It's not just Rockport and Aransas Pass (where it first came ashore) it is the entire coastal region of Texas. It will take YEARS for people to rebuild. I feel somewhat guilty that I am safe and dry in a beautiful part of Texas while they are nearly drowning over there. All I can do is pray (and not eat everything in sight). You may hear the phrase "pray for Texas" if you're on FB much. Please do. We need it badly.
I have read news and watched videos on Texas. My heart aches for everyone affected. I am saddened how people handle things like, water and gas for those in need!! I am glad you are safe. I am praying for the right help for each person. Talk soon
Skinnyjeangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 09:14 AM   #14  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Skinnyjeangirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 367

S/C/G: 186.5/149/135

Height: 5.5

Default

Hello peeps!

How you all dong ?
Skinnyjeangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 01:55 AM   #15  
Senior Member
 
canadjineh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 3,374

S/C/G: 163/135/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 53 yrs old

Default

Helllowwww, skinnyjeangirl! Doing OK. First weigh-in for my 'tune-up' today... lost 1.8 lbs but 5 inches total for underbust, waist, belly, hips, thighs. Pretty happy with that as I don't really care what the scale number says as long as I'm back into my skinny clothes and my 2pc swimsuits for winter vacay.

Howdy to frawniemae, Ro, solorider...

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:03 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.