Old 06-28-2016, 03:06 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Very quiet leading up to the 4th on the boards...

it's interesting seeing the diet-cycle through the IP-lens...there for a bit it seemed like this board was trending up, but lets face it, IP is HARD...most diets allow leeway...it's part of the reason why I'm not ready to commit to something as strict as keto - even though I know overall it would be best for managing my weight.

Had the f2f today with the job & I THINK...I really believe it went well
-I definitely got a vibe that the first team I met with liked me & I believe the one person will have the most say in who gets hired...
- the second team I met with was from the 'new' side (for me) and I gaffed it up a bit...the position itself is outside my 'comfort zone' but as I mentioned before, could open new avenues and not box me into my current career / give me more opportunities with the cross-training
- the third team admitted they were only there to talk to me and see if I would 'fit in' lol & that one went really well Meyers-Briggs has me as an introvert and I am...this process exhausted me and I was ready to come home to some peace & quiet - but I can 'turn it on' when I need to
- Last, I Met with the VP of "XYZ" (guy has 3 titles!). Very professional, very GOOD, amazingly intelligent, and very forthright. He told me I wasn't the perfect candidate & had some legitimate concerns:
1. I don't have their system experience and getting me up-to-speed is going to take a bit.
2. He didn't phrase it this way, but it came down to 'being overqualified'
3. Running away from a bad situation, as opposed to running to a new opportunity / but to be fair, he quantified his position and said he understands why I would be actively searching and trying to find stability just as I tried to clarify that without the current outsourcing situation, I wouldn't have been looking at Indeed or Linked In, period

I hope...I believe I assuaged some of his concerns - and I didn't go in making any demands or asking questions that would make it seem like I was only interested in $, benefits, etc...

I am genuinely looking for something new - the VP hit the nail on the head for me - besides my current job outsourcing us, everything for the last 2 years has pretty much been 'rubber stamp'. In 8.5 years, they were never interested in improving our knowledge base, networking, etc - the recession hit and it was about the companies survival (the stock dropped under $1.00 back in 2010)...I was asked today why I'd never been seen at any of the local, professional conferences - awkward

Anyway, keep for me - sometimes I think my dream job would be doing what I do, from home, and never have to deal with people...but meeting with these folks today reminded me that there are still jobs that truly value employees and the contributions they make

Shocker - had a bit of a binge last night...better than the ridiculous midnight crapadoodle from last week, but a binge, none-the-less. I've been bad about following my trainers advice these last 2 weeks and need to tighten up the ship. I didn't get a chance to ask him about next month yet either...

Good news about the bridesmaid dress - took that to the alterations place today and it fit a whole lot better this afternoon than it did trying it on after dinner the other night. I could breathe - doesn't mean I'm not considering the 2/2/2 though
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 03:38 PM   #182  

I have been a lurker on this board (and in particular the 2015 Starter thread) for about 7 months. Just want to say how inspired I've been by all of you! And thank you all for your inspiration and knowledge. I've had amazing success on the IP plan and am currently phasing off. I started on October 23 at 271.8 and successfully lost 101 pounds when I started phase 2 on June 18th. I'm still above the healthy BMI range for my height/age (5'6" and 42 years old), but this is the smallest I've been since grad school and I'm comfortably wearing size 8/10 and looking forward to getting more active. I started walking in February and am now doing some jogging and adding barre/yoga workouts. I've added a packet and BCAAs on days when I do more exercise. Just one of the tidbits I picked up from you guys! I am going in for a physical in a few weeks and plan on talking to my doctor about whether this is a weight she will support me maintaining or if she thinks I need to get down to 150-155 range that is recommended with the BMI charts. Either way I hope to maintain my current weight for the rest of this year and probably do a re-boot in January and at that point make any adjustments that my doctor and I agree upon. I'm nervous about maintaining my weight loss - I've always been good at losing weight, although I have never actually gotten to the weight/size I am now, and certainly never kept committed to something so restrictive for so long. But watching all of you learn and share your struggles and triumphs has been SO helpful. I'm on most of the Facebook boards as well (although I don't post there either), but I just wanted you all to know how much I appreciate your honesty and support for one another. And while I've lost the weight with IP foods, I haven't really had the benefit of a coach. The chiropractor's office where I buy the food actually fired the coach in December and now I get weighed and measured by a receptionist. Certainly not an ideal situation - nor is the fact that the documents they provided me about phasing off are all out of date - but I feel confident in the process and information I've found both here and on some of the Facebook pages that I have the tools to do this.

Anyhow, just thought I'd come out of the shadows, say thank you, and introduce myself, as I likely will start asking for more specific help and support as I dive into phase three this weekend and then maintenance as questions may arise. And just know that I've been rooting for all of you to succeed not only with your weight loss but all the challenges you have faced in the meantime. You guys are really an amazing group! Thanks!
mandela66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 03:50 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Well, Beth, sounds like you are doing well on the interview side of things these days. The very fact that you are getting so many f2f's shows that you are being considered seriously. Why would they waste their time, lol? The VP interview just take it as a learning experience and see if you can find some workshop events close by that you can get to in the next little while... they do look good on a resume.

I too find networking and workshops and conferences rather stressful as I am also an introvert and my mind tends to go blank at those kinds of events - I totally can't blame you on not going to many of those. Especially I hated those ones where you had to get into groups and work together on some project, I would much rather have sat in the background, listened, and learned, and left, hahaha. I don't have that so much in my job right now, but did when I was in the physio rehab and exercise field - there's always something new coming out and I know it's necessary to keep up to date.

Candi YIKES I just read the post. I hope things are ok with your son & nanny!

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 04:31 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Beth, sounds like good news about the interview, very promising, sending whatever positive vibes I can your way. Did they give you any idea of timing for a decision?
Also good news that your bridesmaid dress still fits. That wedding must be coming up soon, yes??
I had my monthly check-in with my coach today (yes, still maintaining, same wt as last month ) and I mentioned to her the 2/2/2 strategy that Linda tried. She wasn’t too keen on it, thought it might put you into ketosis. Actually she said up 5 lbs or so, she wouldn’t worry, just a couple of P1 days and then maybe P3 for a few days. So far I haven’t had a really bad binge, but inevitably, you know, and I feel good having a plan or 2 in place

Sue, glad to hear the house sale is finalized, must be a relief not to have to think about that. How’s the P1-alt working out? It’s been in the back of my mind to try it for a week or so sometime, I wouldn’t mind dropping another 5 lb, maybe after the summer.

Candi – hope you’re having fun at the beach!!

Liana – hope your ankle is healing well

Mandela – welcome out of lurker mode, so nice of you to say all those nice things. It sounds like you have done really well on the P1 part of the diet. A lot of us have struggled on the Phase off weeks and the maintenance, especially at first. Sorry you aren’t getting the support of a coach just when you may need it, but we’re happy to hold your hand, give advice, listen to problems or questions., and cheer you on!

Today is a cooler break from the last few hot days, neither DH or I had much planned so this morning we decided to go for a drive to some of the small towns in the area we’ve never stopped at… (some VERY small, but it’s interesting to see them). We thought about taking a picnic lunch, but it was just a bit too cool, and some promised sprinkles off and on, so decided against that. Stopped at a berry farm for some nice fresh berries, they had a little café with baked goodies, and of course we treated ourselves, not terribly bad, a yummy oat/blueberry bar with surprisingly good coffee. We could not resist, and bought some butter tarts to take home, may have them later tonight with a cup of tea. Found some nice antique shops and browsed, but didn’t find anything that beckoned. Lunch at a nice little place, homemade everything, they even baked their own bread, roasted vegetable soup. So a bit of a splurge day, not terribly bad, but fish and veggies for dinner tonight, and I’ll make up for the rest tomorrow.

It has been quiet here for the last few days, hope everyone is having fun. Holiday weekend here in Canada as well (Friday is Canada Day), we don’t have anything special planned, but there is always a parade and fireworks and concerts in the park by the lake. Might have some friends over for a BBQ. Summer is so great, never much need to plan far ahead, spur of the moment stuff always works better for some reason.
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:51 AM   #185  

Mandela - welcome & congrats on the terrific weight loss! Amazing! we have a good group here
I know not everyone is active on social media, but if you have a Facebook account, search 'Ideal Protein Alternates' & 'Ideal Protein P2, 3 ,4' - they have the most up-to-date P2 - P4 sheets and tons of information, recipes, & information
The P2 - P4 sheets are also floating around out here but I truthfully don't know if they are the most recent.

Blue / Liana - thanks for the well wishes...I am going to follow up with them tonight & send an email thanking them for their time, etc...

Liana - Actually, I enjoy networking / going to the professional meetings...my current job wouldn't pay for it though...and I realize it was my choice to not attend, but the sessions are NEVER free and it just wasn't how I wanted to spend my money *shrug*

Blue - congrats on such a successful maintenance

HIS - hope all is well - any update on the foot?

A departmental meeting has been scheduled for tomorrow with some of the big-wigs...I doubt we'll get anymore answers than we have now, but at least they are showing face. Everything now has the feel of 'shutting the barn door after the horses have escaped' - blah
It doesn't help either that my team member (the one who left & came back last fall) has decided to gripe at me almost everyday about teleworking and wearing jeans :roll: I may be his direct boss, but I told him if he wanted to angle for a permanent work-from-home schedule, leave me out of it and go straight to the big-bosses...the worst part is I know for a fact that unless I leave, one of my 2 team members will be gone no later than 10/31 so his current attitude, besides grating on me, isn't beneficial to his situation either (& of course, I am under a gag order regarding 10/31...)

Doesn't help that I had a 2 week, non-stop issue with PMS (including sore nips which made running a lot less pleasant ) & TOM finally started today *gah*

Last edited by hysteria_625; 06-29-2016 at 10:32 AM.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:34 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 253.3 / 188.8 /195

Height: 5'5"

Hi all,

I started a post last night and bumped something and Poof it was gone.

Beth - sure sounds like a stressful situation at work. I am sure that you did great in your interview. Sounds like you had a great meeting with the VP, it is OK if you are not the the perfect candidate - you only need to be the best. Fire off those thank you -emails. If you can get one the VP as well. You can always try to reframe a challenge like the one you received about not attending meetings, etc. Unfortunately my work and home life situation did not allow me to attend. I stay current by reading.... and use ... as a networking tool. You can then move into asking them what opportunities they give to develop staff. There are many more ways than going to meetings to do this and not everyone can afford to take off of work or pay own way. I am in the same position as you with regard to going to meetings, work has not really supported and it was challenging to do while I was paying off student loans, etc.

Blue - we have had a cool down here as well. the P1 alt went well for a few days till the weekend. Then I was back to not eating as well. More later. Homemade food is the best.. Our national holiday is on Monday. So an extra day off or one less day to get everything I need to done.

Liana - Even as an extrovert I find networking difficult.

Mandela - welcome to the group. Congrats on the WL and the upcoming IP graduation. Please post more often, it has been a little quite hear and this is where I go to "talk" through my issues.

HIS - we miss you - hope you are having a streak of good luck.

Linda - Hope you are spending some time in your happy place.

Candi - hope son and nanny are OK and that you are able to enjoy your vacation.

I have been struggling a bit, but I don't know that it is that unusual. I started out with setting my scream weight at 183, but I have bumped it up to 185 and am now using 183 as my rumble strip weight. I have been eating too many nuts and some "found" candy, too much cheese. Ok I just have been eating bad and not tracking. Tuesday AM the scale read 186.. did not like that feeling. I did a P1ish day on Tuesday and more of an alternate P1 day today. Tracked eating as well. Scale is back under 185 and hopefully back under 183 tomorrow. I am trying to learn how to work the P4. The easy part was P1- P3. P4 is work, but it is nice to know I have the tools to stop the madness and turn it around a bit. Baby steps.

Went to GNC and bought some combat bars. I only think I saw 3 flavors (what are your favorites?). I thought about joining, but could not pull the trigger on a $15 membership for $0.40 cent saving on 4 bars. However, it appears that the former owner of the house was a member and got a renewal postcard (or current resident) for $20 off a $50 purchase -- really $5 off after membership fee -- so I am trying to figure out what to buy. While I like the taste of the oatmega - they may be part of the problem -- lower in protein / higher in carbs.

Speaking of lucky - my folks went to Wendover, NV on a 2nd honeymoon and won a nice little jackpot on the penny slots. Happy for them.

Dh wants to go see family on his side for the 4th. Least I can do is go along after all the help he was for my parents anniversary party.

Have a great and safe 4th everyone.
smdawheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 09:23 AM   #187  

Sue - yes, I have had access to contemporary websites and periodicals that keep me fairly up-to-date, when I have a chance to read them Like most industries, ours is ever-changing, continuously effected by Federal, state, and local legislation...thankfully, no one in our profession is expected to memorize all these rules / regs - its always been about proving you have the aptitude and intelligence to be aware and research.
I hear ya on bumping the 'sweet-spot' - good days I am seeing 153 / 154...last Thursday (after the midnight binge) was 160 and that scared the be-jeebers out of me! Other than the bowl of granola topped with almonds the other night (my binge), I've been a very good girl all things considered...and I don't have an exact # right now (which reminds me that I need to make a chiro appt), but I know a lot of my up-tick is muscle. Still using clothes fit as the primary measure - wearing my 6's today, freshly washed and dried - no issues

T-minus 1:45 and counting to the departmental meeting.
How nice that the big-wigs brought us bagels and cream cheese first thing this morning eh We all said the same thing - "Last Supper"
The stress really caught up with me last night...total insomnia - up until midnight...up again at 2:30...ugh!
Overheard a conversation yesterday I shouldn't have and the time frame I thought we had looks to be a LOT shorter
I am pretty sure it will be confirmed today that outsourcing to Wisconsin occurs by the end of July as opposed to my original belief of 1/1/17
They will still need a couple (2, maybe 3?) people here at Corp HQ for various functions...but as of today, we are a department of 15 - thats a lot of RIF's.
Old 06-30-2016, 01:52 PM   #188  

So just went in for my last P2 weigh in and am down a few pounds from my goal - so excited to start phase 3 this weekend! I think I'm pretty comfortable with the breakfast concepts as I have found all the literature in the Facebook P2/3/4 group. Going to start with OIAJ and maybe try some other ideas (like eggs/toast/bacon/etc) when I get a bit more comfortable with this maintenance idea.

But I do have a couple of questions for you guys about Phase 4 -- I can't help but look ahead! I know that the theory to add a healthy fat a lunch and a healthy carb to dinner and healthy snacks (separating fats and carbs) during the day. I also understand in theory you are supposed to find your BMR and use that as a starting place for food. So when I go to the lowfatlowcarb website and input my information it tells me that my BMR is 1499 calories. But that based upon my activity (moderately active - exercising 3-5 days/week) I can consume 2323 calories/day. In anticipation of phasing off I've been logging my food in MFP for the last few months, and I also use a FitBit Blaze to track steps and activity. So now for my question - what do you guys think about resetting my goals in MFP for 1500 calories/day and then increasing the amount I eat based upon the calories earned from FitBit? Like today I walked .8 miles to and from a jogging loop and then jogged the 2.8 mile loop - so Fitbit increased my calories on MFP by 407 calories. If I was in maintenance that would mean eating closer to 2000 today - but less if I had stayed in bed this morning like I really wanted to. What do you think?

My other question for P4 is about snacks. I've found some protein bars I like that I think are fairly good macros - Kirkland Brand Protein Bars from Costco. They only have cookie dough and brownie flavors, but I like them both. It sounds like they are fairly similar to the Quest bar formulation - but the old "good" version. No GMO ingredients and they use tapioca starch to add dietary fiber so they are low in net carbs. My plan in maintenance is to use a bar on most days as a snack around the time I exercise and try and stick with things like veggies or homemade beef jerky or low fat string cheese at first. Like many of you I know that nutbutter is a potential trigger for me, so I'm trying PB2 to start to see if I can keep that in check.

Hope you all have a great holiday weekend! And thanks for being so welcoming!!
Old 06-30-2016, 03:48 PM   #189  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandela66 View Post
So just went in for my last P2 weigh in and am down a few pounds from my goal - so excited to start phase 3 this weekend! I think I'm pretty comfortable with the breakfast concepts as I have found all the literature in the Facebook P2/3/4 group. Going to start with OIAJ and maybe try some other ideas (like eggs/toast/bacon/etc) when I get a bit more comfortable with this maintenance idea.

But I do have a couple of questions for you guys about Phase 4 -- I can't help but look ahead! I know that the theory to add a healthy fat a lunch and a healthy carb to dinner and healthy snacks (separating fats and carbs) during the day. I also understand in theory you are supposed to find your BMR and use that as a starting place for food. So when I go to the lowfatlowcarb website and input my information it tells me that my BMR is 1499 calories. But that based upon my activity (moderately active - exercising 3-5 days/week) I can consume 2323 calories/day. In anticipation of phasing off I've been logging my food in MFP for the last few months, and I also use a FitBit Blaze to track steps and activity. So now for my question - what do you guys think about resetting my goals in MFP for 1500 calories/day and then increasing the amount I eat based upon the calories earned from FitBit? Like today I walked .8 miles to and from a jogging loop and then jogged the 2.8 mile loop - so Fitbit increased my calories on MFP by 407 calories. If I was in maintenance that would mean eating closer to 2000 today - but less if I had stayed in bed this morning like I really wanted to. What do you think?

My other question for P4 is about snacks. I've found some protein bars I like that I think are fairly good macros - Kirkland Brand Protein Bars from Costco. They only have cookie dough and brownie flavors, but I like them both. It sounds like they are fairly similar to the Quest bar formulation - but the old "good" version. No GMO ingredients and they use tapioca starch to add dietary fiber so they are low in net carbs. My plan in maintenance is to use a bar on most days as a snack around the time I exercise and try and stick with things like veggies or homemade beef jerky or low fat string cheese at first. Like many of you I know that nutbutter is a potential trigger for me, so I'm trying PB2 to start to see if I can keep that in check.

Hope you all have a great holiday weekend! And thanks for being so welcoming!!
So, my first rule of thumb to anyone entering P4 is "everyone is different" followed by 'what works for one doesn't work for all'

I am 5'6, 39, currently 155 (but used 145 when calculating BMR), and used 'lightly active' which put daily, 'to survive' calories at 1,650

I work out 6 days a week, 4 days running (approx 25 miles a week at a 10min miles) and 2 days weight lifting. Those 4 running days, Fitbit generally has my caloric intake around 2,500, lifting days, around 2,000.

Here is what I've found since beginning P2 10/28/15 - no matter how much I exercise, I cannot regularly go over 2,000 calories & generally try to stick to 1,700 - 1,900, per my trainer.
I tried maintenance on-my-own - with 3FC & the Facebook P4 resources, but my workout regiment is a little out-of-the-norm - and my goals went from maintaining my weight at 145 to decreasing body fat and adding lean muscle to help boost my metabolism, b/c unfortunately, it is FRIED
I also was not doing well with the huge P3 breakfasts and have cut back on the weekdays - weekends I do long runs early in the morning so it's nice to fuel up afterwards. I also don't do carbs with every evening meal, a lot of times filling my plate up with various veggies. My go-to lunch is lean protein with a whole, small/medium haas avocado.

I am also still discovering different things about my body and what I can & cannot tolerate. It can be frustrating as some days a mid-day fruit snack seems to lead to evening cravings, and other days I'm ok...and I can eat the exact same things. Our bodies are so complex, and so different
Old 06-30-2016, 05:40 PM   #190  

Beth, sorry to hear the news at work keeps sounding worse. Might you be one of the small group they keep on?

Sue – I got the GNC membership, I think over time it will save me enough. I still keep some Quest powder around, I like an occasional shake. Combat bars – I like the chocolate/peanut and the chocolate coconut best, but I haven’t tried them all. The Oatmega are pretty good too but I like the Combat better.
I’m with you about the struggling. It’s just harder in the summer, I think, meals are a bit more loosey-goosey, more snacking opportunities. I’ve hit my rumble-strip of 135 a few times over the last month, in the spring I was holding pretty well at 132/133, now it seems like more 134/135. OK, don’t you all be rolling your eyes at me…I know that’s not terrible, and nowhere near my scream weight, but it’s a sign.
I do like the rumble-strip idea though, it makes me pause and have a clean day or 2, not P1 necessarily, but just staying on the straight and narrow with P4. And back to tracking for a few days just to keep myself honest.

Mandela – Congratulations on P3 and have fun with the breakfasts, this is a good time to experiment.
One I still have is French toast (made with egg whites, bit of almond milk) topped with peanut butter and banana, and WF syrup on top.
Sounds like you have a good understanding of P4, so you’re off to a great start. I’m just the opposite of Beth, me and exercise are not friends, so you’d have to call me just lightly active. So a different viewpoint, but the advice is similar. Your body has to adjust to the additional calories, and carbs, and a lot of people have found that they are somewhat carb sensitive. So it has to be trial and error for you. Baby steps, start low 1500/1600 to start, track your macros, see what happens, and increase from there. Add different carbs back in gradually and see how you tolerate them, some people have problems with wheat, some with fruit….On exercise days, you’ll want the extra carbs/calories though, but don’t get too hung up on the numbers that MFP of Fitbit give you. Listen to your body.
OK, snacks, like I mentioned above, Combat bars are pretty good. I still like a shake occasionally and use Quest for that. I often have Berries with Oikos yogurt. And almonds (but not too many).

Went for a nice walk this afternoon, nothing strenuous, we are lucky to live near the lake and lots of nice paths and trails for walking, and just too nice a day to be in. Had a busy morning running around town, tomorrow is a holiday and everything is closed, so things I needed today. Did I ever mention I picked up some nice kitchen chairs awhile ago, finally getting around to painting them, of course I ran out of paint, so that was one thing today, I want to get them done this weekend. I’m recovering the seats, turning out to be a pickier job than I’d like, but got one finished and it looks really good.

Holiday weekend for everyone, hope you all have some fun things planned!
Old 07-01-2016, 09:58 AM   #191  

Sigh

Blue - no

So I guess yesterday went as expected - lots of upper-mgmt double speak

Here were the key parts:

- The decision (to outsource) is the best one for the company

- Change is always hard

- We don't know what we don't know, but we should know more by the end of the month (which we were told back in April...)

Me and another manager pushed with very specific questions that obviously made the big-wigs uncomfortable - it was good to see them squirm.

Of course as I laid awake at 3:30a again this morning, I thought of a couple more questions I should have been prepared to ask but didn't...

& I finally had a good cry yesterday - it felt good

One good bit of news came out yesterday and that is a *definite* 1/1/17 implementation deadline - the end-of-July tidbit I overheard was the time frame they want the outsourcing company to come in and start the overhaul.

So, regardless of what happens with job (and any other job opportunities that may come up), I am comfortable that I have until the end of February 2017 to get my $h!t together.

& I had an extra bowl of granola after my yogurt last night (& some nuts)...I just couldn't go to bed hungry last night.

...&, DH wants to go to 2 4th of July events this weekend...one tonight and one tomorrow. My anxiety / depression about the job situation is still pretty high and I'm not really feeling very firework'ish - which is probably the BEST reason to force myself out into the public & do something...but otoh, it also means not being 'in-control' of my food situation...at least tonight. Tomorrow's event we can bring our own food, but there is still going to be a ton of stuff around I am going to have to be mindful about...and it's just added stress I really don't want. We'll see how it goes...

Last edited by hysteria_625; 07-01-2016 at 10:08 AM.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:24 PM   #192  

Beth, I am sorry about the job struggles. But you sound like you have it together more than I would under the circumstances. I lost my job very unceremoniously about 2 years ago. Happened very unexpectedly and I was not prepared emotionally or financially for it to happen. But within 2 months I started where I am now and it is amazing how much happier I am with the work, the people, myself, and the opportunities for my future. So I am keeping my fingers crossed the same is just around the corner for you!

Blue, I think I fall somewhere between you and Beth on the exercise path - I can see getting up to running 5ish miles a few times a week, but I don't see any half marathon's in my future! And I appreciate the different perspective you have.

Thank you ladies for the good advice. I know that at this point in the program the structure sort of goes out the window, but I think you are right. After 8 months of losing weight and eating so restrictively I just need to add things back in slowly and watch how my body reacts. I'm the type that does get on the scale every day - but I don't seem to let the fluctuations get to me. And I can tend to fluctuate 2-3 pounds pretty easily, so I will just watch and see how it goes. But I agree that to start will set my calories to 1500 and watch and see how I feel. And am going to do my best to stop and ask myself what part of myself am I feeding (those years of therapy are finally going to start paying off!).

One final thought for the day - I have laughed along with your comments about "bra lady" on Facebook over the last few months. Not sure if you are still in the P1 group - but she posted a bikini picture yesterday. Someone asked who took all her pictures - something I have sadly been wondering all along! She responded that she takes them herself by setting up her camera on a timer. Yikes!

Okay, thank you all again for your feedback! Enjoyed my first P3 breakfast this morning (had time to shop last night so decided to start today) and am going to do my best to NOT use the introductions of new foods as a free for all mentality! Going to a few parties this weekend myself - it was easier when I was losing weight to say no to everything, but now that I'm eating carbs again I know it will be harder to say no to snacks like fruit and cheese and alcohol. But going to do my best to have a clean Phase 3 and then ease my way into maintenance. Thanks ladies!!
Old 07-02-2016, 10:00 AM   #193  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Happy July 4th Weekend my dear 3FC Family!!! *Breathe in, breathe out* Finally, some time to really relax and catch up- and BOY have I missed a ot. I do wish that this board was more like FB so that we could reply a quick little note about something individually. Like Candi's (?) nanny's accident- I am glad that everyone is ok. Beth, the whole job situation....man, I'm sorry for the stress, Blue- you and I are 2 peas in a pod...Mandela welcome!! You are in the right place, HIS hope that you are ok, I'm leaving someone out and sure, but know that it isn't intentional. I need to catch up in front of the computer with the iPad next to it so I can see individual posts- but I'm not home so....any word from Frawnie?? Beth, have you seen anything on the book from her? I hope she's doing well. I'm at my "Happy Place" we're headed towards the Vineyard- (2 hours earlier than expected due to impending weather conditions) it looks to be a mostly motor trip winds never seem to be in our favor when we are heading over- or back home for that matter- last weekend the winds were perfect- oh well....we had hellacious thunderstorms, rains and winds- the boat was whipping around on the mooring - craziest one I've been aboard for yet. A nap is in order later that is for sure! Ok, so my biggest piece of advice- Don't "test" yourself - you. Know- like I did over the 4 days of Memoria Day/Birthday weekend- my "new weight" seems to be 128 point whatever the day is and my Wednesday seems to be the 1 lb higher just like before. So, through all of that tom foolery I ended up winning 3 lbs. Even though I did the 2/2/2- sure 3 isn't bad- clothes fit fine and seeing as the Tuesday after the "free for all" was 7 lbs- so, clearly it does work- if you know what I mean - conceptually (?) I miss seeing the 125 thing - (control issues) I'm interested to see my resolve over the weekend over in Oak Bluffs. Last year P1, the ice cream, the fudge, the fried food temptations....I resisted it all- I behaved- did I have things that weren't protocol? Not intentionally - some things were out of my control as to how something may have been cooked- but I lost 3 lbs over vacation-it was almost easy breezy. I read and agree how now in maintenance it's not the same- the resolve/willpower/focus... I know our heads are in such different places - it's so strange. Know that I am not complaining or whining- even though it may sound that way- it's truly not. I feel this morning like I am making a journal entry. "Dear Diary" there's been so much going on, and I just need to catch up and put it to paper -if you will. I've been eating fairly well. During the week, it's pretty low carb, healthy carbs - no real grains to speak of- I don't find that they are my friend- though someone mentioned french toast and I forgot how good that was- I'll have to do that again. So funny that I prefer Walden Farms syrup over real maple syrup now- chemically- not good, but caloricly- lol. It's a glorious morning - we're motor sailing doing about 7 knots with just the genny out. So we should make Oak Bluffs by about lunch time. It's just about 7 now and we've been under way for about 30 minutes. I brought some IP stuff with me, my combat bars, some pure protein shakes, veggies, Boar's head roast beef and chicken, quick and easy things to eat. We'll eat out over there for supper - tomorrow morning I'll make steak and eggs, I like to make nice breakfasts when I can. When we go for the long trip- that wears out pretty quickly lol. Mandela-again, welcome. I really really overthought, obsessed, cried over maintenance because I was really confused in the beginning. It's all, like Beth said, individual. I have found that healthy fats, I tolerate them better than carbs. It's all learning and I am religious about MFP and tracking my food. I'm 52, was 212 when I started - 125 seemed to be what I maintained once I settled in to maintenance back at the end of January. Was great until my little (not so little) holiday weekend. But understand that I ate cake, ice cream and crap- not just once- but all weekend - it was stupid- I told myself- oh I'll be fine because I know what to do after and I have the tools and all that. I ended up with 7 lbs of carb/fluid crap bloat - of which I got most back off fairly easily by all accounts. I also convinced myself that I was "testing" my body- reality - in retrospect- trying to justify my allowing myself to eat in my old pattern. The beauty of this board is we share these things and we share ideas and we help one another and we celebrate one another- I'd be lost with out this. Welcome and stay close to the group- you've got this- it's amazing and oh the things we can now accomplish! Beth, I'm so sorry about all of the stress with the job. I'm sorry your are shouldering such burdens. I wish I had some words of wisdom. Though I am now a firm believer that things work out the way they are supposed to, I just have to put my faith in some sort of higher power. Don't always like things as they unfold but...eventually I get it. I hope in the end you find an amazing job - and enjoy your weekend- blow that stress away!! Blue- you and I- sounds like we are in similar places. More opportunities to eat like crapadoodle, the nut butters, the rumble strip - all those good things- I know that maybe my body wants to cruise at 128 but I thnk after either this weekend (we'll see how it goes) or long vaca in August, I'll probably jump back in to ketosis (that maes it sound easy- lol) get back to 125 and then phase off. I know that 130 was my goal, but I just really like the 125 better- totally psychological. I can't help but feel like if I stay at 128 for now, (part of me feels this way anyways) that it's just the precursor to my normal yo-yoing of my entire life- know what I mean??? God it's beautiful out here - fair chop to the sea, winds blowing once for this mark, sun is rising and warm, and we;re the only boat out here. One of the nice things about going to Oak Bluffs is that we will get a lot of walking in. I hired someone to help out in the office, though she can only work Monday and Friday's for about 4 hours, it's better than nothing, I know her, have worked with her (she used to work for me at the bank) and she jumped right in yesterday both feet- the only thing that would make me happier- if she could work more hours - but I'm grateful to get her for what I can. Well, I guess I need to sign off, pray that I don't lose all of this when I go to post and it's my turn at the helm. Happy and safe 4th to you all and belated Happy Canada Day to my Canadian friends
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 05:01 AM   #194  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone! Weekend was good- noisy in the harnor- errgh, sleep lacked- but otherwise, weather was wonderful!! Sail home was quick- but much nicer (in my opinion-I'm NOT a rail in the water sailer-more of an upright powerboat girl-lol) than what the ride over turned in to-Ate well for breakfast and lunch- dinners were somewhat splurgy-Sunday night I had THE.MOST.DELICIOUS ribs!! (good thing we did the huge walking loop- and snacks- well, 1/2 a Back Door Donuts donut and gelato- both days- but as I said breakfast and lunch Saturday and Sunday were P1, and yesterday was strict P1. So hopefully it's all good. I am thinking that I will eat normally today and then get on the scale tomorrow. I have a visit with my coach on Saturday - so I think I'll ask her opinion on my thoughts about doing a little "reboot" prior to vacation or do something shortly after labor day... . I hope that you all had a wonderful 4th. Beth, I know what you mean- when it comes to really good watermelon- I saw the post yesterday - and thought of you while I was packaging up chicken in 4 oz packs while DBF was making the fruit salad for the week and he cut in to the watermelon...OMG- it smelled so so good- he offered me a piece and that took some willpower to say no thank you- P1 day.... I am looking forward to breaky this morning. Have a GREAT Tuesday (ala Monday) today- I hope that it's not one of those "it's not even worth having had the holiday" days..)
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:06 AM   #195  

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend! Back to real life today. And back to normal eating. I have to admit to an incident with ice cream over the weekend, it is a weakness of mine and I foolishly bought a litre of butter pecan. I was going to allow myself a small portion, totally allowed, it was going to be my indulgence, with a planned P1 day to follow...but I went back for another dish, and then later, another dish, and yes, each one was a little bigger than the last. Definitely some of my past bad behaviour coming back. So yesterday, a strict P1 day, and I decided to do a couple of P1-alt days today and tomorrow.
Linda, I know exactly what you mean about feeling better at 125 even though your goal was 130. My weight has been hovering at 135-ish for the last week or so, and my goal was 135, so I should be happy, right? But I was feeling better at 132, and even there, I have been thinking lately that 130 or just under would be a happier place. I'm not at the point that I'm considering a reboot to get there, but I'm wondering if throwing in a few P1-alt days every week might accomplish it. I don't want to go into ketosis, and I don't see any real downside to the idea, but you may all have some thoughts on it.
What do you all think?

OK, I'm just finishing my spinach/Quest shake while I'm typing this, and I have a list of things I need to get done today.
Happy start of the week to you all!