Old 06-03-2016, 11:42 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 176.4/168.4/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi all! Quick-ish question - does anyone have anxiety about getting rid of clothes that are now too big? I know its "stinkin' thinkin'" but I can't help but think "What if I need them again?!?!". Which just feels counter-intuitive to my grasp that this is FOR LIFE, lifestyle change, etc. Thoughts? I'm finally able to dip into the "too small" bag, which is thrilling. But again, the idea of stashing away a "too big (for now)" bag feels all kinds of wrong. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
Lynn Margaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:28 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 221/150/150

Height: 5'5"

Lynn Margaret, I know exactly how you feel. When I lost weight initially 13 years ago (went from 243/size 22 to 148/size 6/8), I threw out all my old clothes. Then when I gain some back in 2007 and was back to a 14, I had nothing. I again lost it, but then "didn't want to jinx it" and saved all my clothes. Well sure enough, I regain again in 2012 (back up to a 16) and lots of clothes to pull out, but it made it easier to ignore what was happening when I could keep pulling out bigger clothes. This time, I'm getting rid of them for good!
SE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:31 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 176.4/168.4/140

Thank you for the quick reply, SE72 - I'm going to get rid of 'em then! FOR GOOD! Some added incentive, really.
Lynn Margaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 03:32 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Lynn Margaret- I made the decision to get rid of all of my clothes once they became to big for me. It was difficult to do, but I felt that I had to if I really wanted to keep the weight off and believed that I would. I ended up gaining 20 lbs back and had to buy larger clothes. I am back on IP and losing again. I bought a pair of pants last week, I knew that they wouldn't fit me for long, but I got a really good deal. When I went to weigh this week I told my coach that I just bought new pants but I know they will only fit for another week or two. I was thinking, eh, I'll buy them anyway and put them up for when I gain weight again!! Yes that was my thought!!! My coach said, well make sure you get rid of them when they get too big, because you are NEVER going to need them again.
That is the kind of thinking we need to have.

If I would have kept my old clothes I think it would have been easy to let the weight pile back on. But being forced to face the closet on a daily basis and only having a few things that fit was an eye opener for me and is what made me get back on track.

I say pitch them. I know I am.
Kellyc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 04:36 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Yep, get rid of the old clothes, because if your new size starts to get tight, you can tell, and get back on your smart maintenance plan. If there's a pile of larger sizes it's very easy to segue right into them...
I would suggest keeping one top or pair of pants from your largest size because evrey once in a while you need to put them on, just to remind yourself how far you have come. After a while in maintenance, sometimes the sense of accomplishment dwindles and we can feel like we are not successful (if we are not losing weight anymore - just 'boring old maintenance weight, lol). This helps to remind us that maintenance is a success all on its own!

Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 06-03-2016 at 04:37 PM.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 11:50 AM   #141  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

I got rid of my old stuff because it was ugly! Fat clothes just aren't as pretty as skinny clothes. LOL.

beth - just saw your recent post-run photo on FB. You're rocking it! Your arms look amazing.

My exercise... not good. I'm pretty sure I have a stress fracture in my foot. I'm seeing my podiatrist on Monday. If it's a fracture, I'm going to ask my orthopedic doc next month for a bone density test. It's ridiculous to have two stress fractures in less than 6 months, and the 2nd one after months of no running AND taking extra calcium. Worried especially about this second one, as I'm reading that 5th metatarsal fractures often require surgery. Ugggghhhh. I'm usually healthy as a horse, so this is very frustrating to me.

I'm doing P1 to get my cruise weight off and see if I can lose a few extra pounds before my beach vacation (with extended family) in July. With no exercise for the foreseeable future - except that darn swimming again - I really have to be cautious not to let my weight creep up.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 08:35 AM   #142  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

Happy Monday! I was home with just my little family for the first time in five weeks this past weekend. It was really nice. I enjoy family and vacation, but they also throw me off of my routine. I like routine. It keeps me sane.

So to be fully accountable to all of you, which I promised to do when I started my reboot...I am up 6.6 lbs from my goal weight. Boo. Boo. Boo. So there it is. I've said it. It's out there. I am having a non-ketosis type of Phase 1. My stomach just feels gross, so I had an IP oatmeal for breakfast and I am planning on having a IP drink and vegetables for lunch. But also some string cheese and maybe a Kind Bar for a snack, so not really Phase 1. I just need to work on getting back to a healthy routine.

Beth Hope everything is working out with the job applications and interviews. I just went back and read about your experience talking about the trainer. Neat. I believe in eating whole foods. The problem is I naturally eat too much. Years of Weight Watchers and I never quite understood what they meant by full, not stuffed. Ha! But hopefully I can still learn.

HIS OH no! Sorry to hear about the stress fracture. That's a big yicky poo. Oh well, doing Phase 1 should help you.

OK y'all. Gotta work. I will come back to finish catching up soon. Have a happy week.
MiWi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 11:09 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Lynn - yes, toss your old clothes!
I say this as someone 100% guilty of not getting rid of everything...I have years of accumulated special T-shirts (mostly XL's) and while I've been given many recommendations (turning them into pillows / quilts / etc...) I am using them as night shirts or as spare clothes in my gym bag. I also kept a couple pairs of pajama pants that have drawstrings.
That said, all of my size 12+ jeans and work clothes have been donated.
I still need to toss my old bating suits

HIS - Thanks
oh my goodness...I am so sorry to read this. I really hope your doctor / ortho can help you find some answers.
Just my $0.02 but I wonder aloud how advisable it is to continue on such a calorie / nutritionally deficient program such as IP (look at the supplements you are required to take) until you are able to find some answers? I get genetics and age probably play a much larger role, but its still an avenue to think about imvho...

Linda - bet that scale is back to normal

Candi - that's really not horrible and I am sure you will be back down in no time.
I've been much more conscious about whole foods since I started LCHF / Atkins in 2003 - and it worked...I was briefly in the 150's in 2004 (60 pounds lost that time) before I got pregnant with DD11. Unfortunately, like you, I had no real good concept of serving sizes - and I continued to drink alcohol, so I really needed the structure / limits of IP to make a dent.

DH & I ran our second 13.1 this past weekend. It was a fantastic course, wasn't overcrowded, and the finishers medal is pretty cool (it's a coaster). I have to say though that the weight training really paid off. Both DH and I ran exactly 7 minutes off our March pace (2:18 and 1:48, respectively), but given the Triple H conditions (hilly, hot, humid), think we both kicked butt (lol) and neither of us have had any real issues - my legs / lower back was a touch sore, and his quads, but no Achilles issues, or anything else.
I walked a bit - there was a continuous uphill stretch from miles 5.5(ish) to 7(ish) that was killer - it was mostly gradual, but killer. Also, the humidity! It was 75 degrees / 95% humidity at the starting gun (like Florida!). I had hydrated as well as I could but regretted passing the first Gatorade station (electrolytes). I was drenched by mile 2 and started taking 2 cups at the hydration stations - 1 to drink, 1 to pour over my head / down my back.
I found a new fuel too that worked wonders - DATES! I probably would have had to walk more than I did if it wasn't for those little dried fruits!
More power to anyone who is able to keto-adapt to running!

Job search - Thursday's interview was a bit of a waste - that company is really looking for someone with a lot more HR experience - and I believe the interviewer was extremely underwhelmed by my lack of questions. I didn't know what to ask / say truthfully. In reality, it sounds like a ton of stress / long hours helping to rebuild a system as they were unprepared for the acquisitions / expansion the company is undergoing. I didn't go out of my way to make it sound like that excited me.

I have another phone interview today at 2pm. This was a position I was hoping to get contacted for (gov't)

...and still no word from anyone regarding the situation here. I am just blown away - proper implementation takes awhile (testing, etc...) and is leading me to believe more and more that the entire process is going to be handled by a group in another state...ie, probably everyone here loses their jobs. They may keep one or two people.
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 05:18 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

LynnMargaret GET RID OF THEM!!! ☺
HISOMG- I am so sorry!!!
Candi 6.6 not bad- you got this and I am attesting that we have the tools and they work
Beth Your arms look amazing!!! Hope the p/i went well, and sorry the other one didn't go as you had hoped-congrats on the run!!
Quick update- okay after the b-day weekend (4 day binge) 132.8 tues-p1, 130.wed p1, 127.6 thrus p1, 127.2 fri kinda normal eating, 127.6 sat w/i day and went to a graduation party....told I am too skinny blah blah blah - eat something -....OMG look she's eating...blah blah blah...she ate alright- cake brownies shi*galore! (had long discussion with coach and also that the party was coming- not back to my 125...so on and so forth) Upopn her advice- 2 days p1, 2 days p2, 2 days p3 and then back tot normal...so in light of that Sunday-130.2# p1, Mpn-129.6# p1, Tues 127.2 p2, today 126.6 and will be a p2 day..tomorrow I will try to check in- long boring quicky post here...but point being we have the tools and if we follow the guidelines (which I don't think I would have done it like this -2/2/2 on my own without the guidance of my coach) so I wanted to share with you how it's going. What I have learned- the 4 days killed me- will I do something like that again, NOT LIKELY- never say never, but not likely. It's all about the learning...Oh and gym is frozen for a couple of months- no time after work- stiull doing 10+ hour days- so the only exercise is the 20-25 minute walk I take at lunch time...Need to try to get some stuff in here at home- just going to have to force myself- not like I don't have stuff here to work out with...Hope you are all well and miss catching up on a regular basis. Stay strong my friends!!
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 08:10 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Lynn Margaret – same advice as the rest of them, the big clothes have to go. I must admit though, I have a couple of pants that are just a bit too big that I have tucked away, but I know that it will be a big red flag if I have to wear them. Funny though, just like Liana said, I was just saying to a friend a couple of weeks ago that I wish I had saved something from my largest size to put on just to remind myself how far I’ve come. It surprises me how easy I am forgetting!

Beth, awesome picture, great arms!! WOW!! All your work is certainly showing. Great race again, so proud of you! Interesting your comment about Dates –it reminded me that I really like them, but I do have to say I really like them as date squares , used to make them all the time. Maybe a nice little splurge for me one day soon, pretty sure I’m not going to start running to justify eating them
Sorry the job hunt isn’t going more quickly, but I’m sending my optimistic thoughts your way.

HIS – I’m really sorry to hear that, I hope it doesn’t turn out to need surgery. Good luck with the P1, the weight will come off, and having the beach vacation coming up soon should make it easier to stay motivated.

Candi – Agreed, 6.6 is pretty darn good, you had a great time, and you know you have the tools to get it off easily enough.

Linda – this may be a strange thing to say, but I’m so glad you had that binge weekend. I have been wondering how I would handle something like that, and let’s face it, we’ll probably all do something like it at some point. I’ve had my splurge meals/splurge days, with a following P1 day, and that has worked as it should, and I’m comfortable with that now. But 3 or 4 days in a row, that’s really kind of scary, and I’m glad you did it first. And especially that the lbs came off with a few days of paying attention.
Your coach’s advice is really interesting – the 2-2-2 solution. Not sure I would have thought of that either, but I like the idea. And it seems to be working for you. Waiting to hear the results and your thoughts once you’ve finished.
Sorry to hear work is so busy for you, hope it eases up soon. Did you get the boat in the water? Hope you’re finding some time to be out enjoying it.

I’ve had a few days of maybe too much nibbling, not watching calories, and my weight was up a bit yesterday morning, not much, 135.4, but I had a P1 day and it’s back down this morning to 132.8. Probably some bloat in there, but I feel better having taken care of it. Nibbling/snacking is a problem for me – bad behaviour from the past – and I need to be conscious of it. For me, the morning weighing helps to keep me on track. I made sure to wear my tight jeans yesterday (yes, they fit fine ) – it’s just another way to check .

I’m off this morning to do some volunteer stuff, I’ve been neglecting it lately and need to go pitch in. A bit coolish here again this morning, so a good day for it.
Middle of the week again, hope the week is going well for you all.
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:28 AM   #146  

Ladies, I love reading your success stories about having a binge day and then P1, P2, P3 days, etc... and the weight coming right off. That gives me hope for when i hit goal!! I need the tools that are going to help me maintain!!

I have been 100% this week and my scale has not budged!!! It is the same as it was on Friday!!! I know that it will come off, I know my body and I know that I will step on the scale in a day or two from now and the number will drop all at once. It's just so weird how that happens. Weird thing is, my clothes fit better and my muffin top is going away!!
Old 06-08-2016, 09:32 AM   #147  

How do I find the group that ya'll are in on FB?
Old 06-08-2016, 10:17 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
How do I find the group that ya'll are in on FB?
There are a bunch

Search 'ideal protein' in FB - the main groups I believe most of us follow / post in are:

Ideal Protein Phase 2, 3, 4

And

Ideal Protein Alternatives
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:29 AM   #149  

Beth, I'm in a few groups, but I wanted to be in YA'LLs group!
Old 06-08-2016, 03:23 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Ladies, I love reading your success stories about having a binge day and then P1, P2, P3 days, etc... and the weight coming right off. That gives me hope for when i hit goal!! I need the tools that are going to help me maintain!!

I have been 100% this week and my scale has not budged!!! It is the same as it was on Friday!!! I know that it will come off, I know my body and I know that I will step on the scale in a day or two from now and the number will drop all at once. It's just so weird how that happens. Weird thing is, my clothes fit better and my muffin top is going away!!
That's a great attitude! We've all had days/weeks where the scale seemed stuck, but in most cases, the inches were dropping off! That sounds like what's happening to you. The weight loss isn't linear, some days/weeks are going to be more than others, and good for you for realizing that. You'll be at goal before you know it
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote